Quantcast

How did Meghan end up being friends with Royals?

LovelySan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
119,964 5,083 6,135
Alleybux
I'm just curious. I like Meghan but I'm wondering how a not so famous actress ended up meeting and marrying a Prince. How did she even end up in those circles?She said that she knew Princess Eugenie before she meant Harry and I've heard that she was introduced to Harry by a friend but how did someone who didn't come from wealth, isn't really all that famous and didn't seem to have any British connections, end up being friends with people who knew royalty? I mean even people more famous than her don't even have those kind of connections. It just seems like she was a little known actress on a little known show and then the next thing you knew she's marrying a Prince. She was supposedly even friends with famous people like Serena Williams and never once was there ever any pictures or any sightings of them together. I really would like to know how someone in her position ended up being so connected to the point that she knew Princess Eugenie and was then introduced to a Prince? I'm not asking in a derogatory way I genuinely am curious.

msdtruth

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
581 9 19
Alleybux
Oh lord. This thread is about to be like...

cd_01.png

Edit: no shade OP

Last edited:

HeySunshine22

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
241,778 5,833 2,091
Alleybux
She's a social climber. That's the whole point. To gain access to people and privileges that otherwise wouldn't be in your orbit.

Not saying this as a bad thing considering that I am a small-time social climber myself.

NiaNene

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,053 7,707 9,583
Alleybux
ALLEGEDLY, according to screenshots on the web, in VF’s first printing, it was at an Invictus dinner in Toronto (rumor is that Cory catered it). This apparently was later changed in the online edition to the blind date story.

Maybe we’ll never know lol

Last edited:

THE GENERAL

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
Reaction score
Reactions
428,770 17,528 10,026
Alleybux
Pier Morgan explains it here. Basically she USED to be friends with Piers, they went to a pub, she got drunk and sent her home in a cab...or so he thought...she actually went a party instead and ended up meeting Prince Harry there. The next night they had a solo dinner and she never spoke to Piers again. He sound like he bout to cry

Belle14

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,616 773 161
Alleybux
Who is Markus Anderson? Meghan Markle's best friend is Soho House's secret weapon

'What would I do without you, my loving, supportive, and endlessly fun friend?'

Markus Anderson, a consultant for elite members-only club Soho House, keeps a relatively low profile (his Instagram account is private) and has been a friend of the Duchess for years, from their early hangouts in Toronto when Markle was filming Suits through to her new life as a member of the British Royal Family.

Anderson, who is reportedly responsible for introducing her to some of her closest friends as well as the Sussex’s new press chief Sara Latham, is one of the most well connected individuals in the world. And it appears that many value him for his discretion, as a spokesperson for Soho House told the Daily Mail, "He never comments."

Markus-Anderson-Meghan-Markle-Baby-Shower-20-02-2019.jpg

Markus Anderson is a Canadian native and consultant who has been dubbed the “King of Soho House”. Anderson's day job involves working on the launches of various Soho House branches across the world.

He explained the nature of the role to Coveteur, saying "When Soho House decides to open in a new city, I’m one of the first people sent out to get to know the city, the creatives that live there, and determine who we want to involve in the House. Also, during events such as the TIFF or Art Basel Miami, where we have a substantial amount of members involved, I work with a team to put together and host pop-up events.”

Anderson reportedly started out at London’s Soho House as a waiter, before climbing up the ranks. Beyond Meghan Markle, he also counts designer Christopher Kane, Alexa Chung and Jamie Dornan as friends.

It is also said he introduced Meghan to some of best friends including Amal and George Clooney and her reported stylist Jessica Mulroney.

Anderson is also said to be responsible for connecting Meghan and Harry to Sara Latham, their new press chief who has previously worked with the likes of Bill and Hillary Clinton. A source described Anderson as “great fun, very witty and amusing”, continuing that, “He knows everyone. He’s utterly discreet.”

gettyimages-134276824.jpg

Markus Anderson with artist Damien Hirst / Getty Images
They added, “He and Sara [Latham] are amazing people for Meghan to have on her team. Between them they know everyone in the world of politics and show business on both sides of the Atlantic. If Meghan and Harry are looking to become a global brand with their philanthropy, they could not have chosen two better people to guide them.”

Anderson, who helped reportedly helped manage media when Meghan Markle was in New York for her baby shower, is said to be “very protective” of her - hence his recommendation of Latham. The source continued, “When Meghan started getting negative press, it was natural that he would want her to find the best representation. And Sara is the best.”

The Daily Mail claimed that Meghan was with Anderson on his 40th birthday, which Soho House celebrated with a custom-made bottle of rosé called Lady A.

According to a press release, Lady A is “an old nickname [Soho House founder] Nick Jones used for Markus Anderson, one of our longest-standing team members”. The butterfly bottle was made by another of Anderson’s close friends, artist Damien Hirst who “knows Markus as a social butterfly”.

How does he know Meghan Markle?
gettyimages-852614306.jpg

Anderson with Meghan Markle at the 2017 Invictus Games / AFP/Getty Images
Anderson met Meghan Markle in 2012 when he returned to his home in Toronto, where the future Duchess was living and filming Suits. According to People the pair were “close friends for years", with Anderson regularly featuring on Meghan Markle’s (now defunct) Instagram account.

He later said of his move to Toronto, “Setting up the Soho House here, I have to say I’ve met the most amazing group of people that are doing incredibly creative things.”

Markle once wrote of Anderson on her Instagram account, “What would I do without you, my loving, supportive, and endlessly fun friend?? I know what...I would be bored, and life would be infinitely less interesting. I love you SO much. Happiest of days for you now and always. Love you xx.”

Meghan Markle with Prince Harry at the 2017 Invictus Games / Getty Images
Anderson even joined Markle at the Invictus Games in 2017, her first official public appearance with Prince Harry. While her future husband spent the opening ceremony talking to politicians including Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Meghan and Anderson were seated together further back.

It appears that Anderson is also close to Meghan’s mother Doria Ragland, who was also at the event. Anderson was photographed with his arm around the yoga instructor in a private viewing box alongside Meghan and Harry, watching the sports tournament unfold.

Did he introduce Meghan Markle and Prince Harry?
In their official engagement interview with BBC, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry both hinted that they had been set up by a friend. Speculation over who this matchmaker was has largely focused on two names: Anderson and fashion designer Misha Nonoo.

Given that Nonoo and Anderson are also friends (they were seen travelling as a trio with Markle to Spain in 2016), the set-up could have been a joint effort. But it seems more likely that Nonoo was responsible, since Meghan let slip during the interview that the matchmaker was a woman.
gettyimages-695352302.jpg

Harry said “We were introduced by a mutual friend", after which Meghan chimed in, “We should protect her privacy and not reveal too much of that.”

Given Nonoo’s ex-husband happens to be Alexander Gilkes - one of Prince Harry’s close friends - it seems likely that Nonoo was the connection. Though Anderson appeared to have a hand in their relationship, as Meghan and Harry reportedly chose Soho Houses around the world to carry out their date nights. They reportedly spent "a secret weekend away at Soho Farmhouse" and attended a Halloween party together in Toronto's Soho House in 2017.

Did he go to Meghan Markle’s wedding?
He did. The Soho House consultant attended the wedding accompanied by a woman named Izzy May.

Did he go to Meghan Markle’s not-so-secret baby shower?
The Duchess of Sussex snuck off to New York this week for a baby shower which a source speaking to Harper’s Bazaar described as “five nights of rest, shopping and good food with some her closest and most loyal pals”. A number of outlets reported that Meghan’s friend Jessica Mulroney had planned the baby shower for around 15 people at New York Hotel The Mark.

It’s not currently known if Anderson joined the party, but he definitely saw Meghan that day. Later that evening, the Duchess was photographed heading to dinner at Ralph Lauren’s luxe Polo Club bar and restaurant (above).

Meghan-Markle-Markus-Anderson-Baby-Shower-20-02-2019.jpg

lnnocence

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
49,347 5,018 2,731
Alleybux
I read somewhere that Harry watched Suits and took notice of her. I guess it was a combination of tenacious and cunning social climbing, being hot, and sheer luck lol.

snapienickie

succubus
Reaction score
Reactions
120,039 4,386 383
Alleybux
That's it? I mean actual friends, not see some at an event and have a chat or take a picture. From the way they were talking it seem as if they hung out and were actual friends.
you just said and never once was there ever any pictures or any sightings of them together.
so i just showed that’s not true :emoji_shrug:

LovelySan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
119,964 5,083 6,135
Alleybux
you just said and never once was there ever any pictures or any sightings of them together.
so i just showed that’s not true :emoji_shrug:

I knew about the bottom picture but I wasn't really talking about those kind of pictures. Celebs take pictures together all the time at events what I meant was pictures outside of those events. Like I've never seen them together at all hanging out. Msybe there are pictures but I haven't seen them.

snapienickie

succubus
Reaction score
Reactions
120,039 4,386 383
Alleybux
I knew about the bottom picture but I wasn't really talking about those kind of pictures. Celebs take pictures together all the time at events what I meant was pictures outside of those events. Like I've never seen them together at all hanging out. Msybe there are pictures but I haven't seen them.
i see what you mean. there are some close friends i don’t have many pictures with..and there are celebrity couples who don’t post pictures of them together so it could be the same with them. who knows tho :emoji_shrug:

LovelySan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
119,964 5,083 6,135
Alleybux
Pier Morgan explains it here. Basically she USED to be friends with Piers, they went to a pub, she got drunk and sent her home in a cab...or so he thought...she actually went a party instead and ended up meeting Prince Harry there. The next night they had a solo dinner and she never spoke to Piers again. He sound like he bout to cry

Yes, but what I'm saying is how did she end up being invited to a party that a royal is attending? Maybe it is just me but I really don't get the timeline of her going from being a small time actress to knowing and being invited to parties with royals.

seleishere

'I'm sure we're taller in another dimension'
Reaction score
Reactions
82,027 1,421 566
Alleybux
Meghan used to go support her friend Serena unnoticed at games. Both of them have talked about their friendship. It’s real, no conspiracy there.
The black British dude who is a friend of hers actually introduced her to his friend and after getting to know Meghan then that friend (who is also Harry’s friend) introduced her to Harry. There really is no mystery

Noladebby

⚜️ Made in New Orleans ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
76,917 2,257 1,262
Alleybux
Meghan Markle is smart AF! If she ever taught a class on networking I'd pay to attend. :emoji_shrug:

I'm glad I'm not the only one with these thoughts. Last night as I was sobbing uncontrollably in the shower, I thought about women like her and Hillary Clinton who are able to "fall forward." Their bounce backs are incredible. But they have powerful husbands, money, resources, support, and good connections. I wish we could all be so lucky. But I ain't mad at them at all :emoji_raised_hands:

Noladebby

⚜️ Made in New Orleans ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
76,917 2,257 1,262
Alleybux
Meghan used to go support her friend Serena unnoticed at games. Both of them have talked about their friendship. It’s real, no conspiracy there.
The black British dude who is a friend of hers actually introduced her to his friend and after getting to know Meghan then that friend (who is also Harry’s friend) introduced her to Harry. There really is no mystery

Just lots of introductions I guess. "Oh, you have to meet my friend Meghan." And then it goes on and on.

Blacmirrors2

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,936 1,502 1,294
Alleybux
Does Serena post pictures
I'm just curious. I like Meghan but I'm wondering how a not so famous actress ended up meeting and marrying a Prince. How did she even end up in those circles?She said that she knew Princess Eugenie before she meant Harry and I've heard that she was introduced to Harry by a friend but how did someone who didn't come from wealth, isn't really all that famous and didn't seem to have any British connections, end up being friends with people who knew royalty? I mean even people more famous than her don't even have those kind of connections. It just seems like she was a little known actress on a little known show and then the next thing you knew she's marrying a Prince. She was supposedly even friends with famous people like Serena Williams and never once was there ever any pictures or any sightings of them together. I really would like to know how someone in her position ended up being so connected to the point that she knew Princess Eugenie and was then introduced to a Prince? I'm not asking in a derogatory way I genuinely am curious.

Seems like she was smart about who she spent her time with in Canada while she was filming suits. Jessica Mulroney was her stylist and her husband is the son of Canada's former prime minister. That alone could have led to a lot of connections. Of course, we don't know who she was already connected to before moving to Canada. As far as Serena, Serena even says Meghan is her friend and has been for years. Do you think Serena is lying about that?

Angel212

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,748 3,657 1,190
Alleybux
Just because you haven’t heard of her, doesn’t mean she wasn’t a big deal or small time in the wytes world. Rachel was one of the main characters on Suits. She’s very striking and likeable. She stood out on the show.

LovelySan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
119,964 5,083 6,135
Alleybux
Does Serena post pictures

Seems like she was smart about who she spent her time with in Canada while she was filming suits. Jessica Mulroney was her stylist and her husband is the son of Canada's former prime minister. That alone could have led to a lot of connections. Of course, we don't know who she was already connected to before moving to Canada. As far as Serena, Serena even says Meghan is her friend and has been for years. Do you think Serena is lying about that?

No, I don't think Serena is lying. I am just wondering how close they really were. I am not saying there is some kind of conspiracy either. Like I said, I like Meghan but I am just curious about how she came to be in the position she's in. I mean if she had all these connections I would think she'll be a bigger actress with way bigger roles. I mean she had friends who knew royals for God's sake.

Damngina10

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,176 1,651 605
Alleybux

She was little known before Harry so it’s not like paps would be following her , and Serena was only papped during her time with drake and around the time she got engaged to her husband . So yeah if we weren’t in their inner circle how would we know ? Neither is very loud about their social life . Hell me and my best friend of over a decade maybe have one picture of each other on our instagrams but she’s who I vacation with 60% of the time . We have tons of pics together but we don’t have to put them out to the world to prove our friendship. I don’t understand why when it comes to celebs y’all act like normal things for regular humans don’t apply to them .

LovelySan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
119,964 5,083 6,135
Alleybux
Just because you haven’t heard of her, doesn’t mean she wasn’t a big deal or small time in the wytes world. Rachel was one of the main characters on Suits. She’s very striking and likeable. She stood out on the show.

I actually had heard of her. I was a fan of Suits and even though it is popular I would not describe it as a hugely popular show. I don't even think Meghan ever attended the emmys or golden globes. I do agree with you though that Meghan is beautiful and she did stand out but the truth is she wasn't really that famous.

Humbugged

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,878 467 76
Alleybux
Probaby through Misha Nonoo .Markus introduced them at Art Basel a good while before and Eugenie worked for Misha's ex in NY and they are all in SOHO . £10 grand a year and can drop into any of their restaraunts all round the world -funny thing is that Nick Jones was at the wedding with his daughter as his wife Kirsty Young was doing the coverage on BBC (Kirsty was a Director of Sussex Royal until in was cannned)

ETA

There are Soho's in all the main cities in the USA,Canada and Britain and they don't let you film inside .Her and Serena could have been out all the time and you would never know

Last edited:

fancygyal

meghan’s biotch
Reaction score
Reactions
197,565 17,114 16,125
Alleybux
She made friends with the right people

peachblossom

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,190 1,646 1,416
Alleybux
No, I don't think Serena is lying. I am just wondering how close they really were. I am not saying there is some kind of conspiracy either. Like I said, I like Meghan but I am just curious about how she came to be in the position she's in. I mean if she had all these connections I would think she'll be a bigger actress with way bigger roles. I mean she had friends who knew royals for God's sake.
They were close friends.
Serena wouldn't have lied for a random.

Sex Momma

Kiss My Grits
Reaction score
Reactions
22,723 1,037 1,107
Alleybux
Watch their movie. Came out around the time they married.

A lot of “ordinary” people know people in the public. They don’t kiss and tell.....that’s how they continue to know people in the public.

alpirpeep

(gem)ini
Reaction score
Reactions
32,691 545 77
Alleybux
Meeting people through the Soho House was a very smart move! I think she's incredibly strategic and it really paid off for her.
qkyFdQE.gif

Meghan Markle is smart AF! If she ever taught a class on networking I'd pay to attend. :emoji_shrug:
I'm glad I'm not the only one with these thoughts. Last night as I was sobbing uncontrollably in the shower, I thought about women like her and Hillary Clinton who are able to "fall forward." Their bounce backs are incredible. But they have powerful husbands, money, resources, support, and good connections. I wish we could all be so lucky. But I ain't mad at them at all :emoji_raised_hands:
tenor.gif

I think it was also a right place, right time and right profession type of thing. Meghan actually lived in Canada and hung out with semi famous people there. Or at least high society people via her being an actress there. Canada has its own celebrity scene. Also, people forget that Canada is very British/Royal adjacent. Lots of monied white people live or visit there. Once she had mutuals with those people, it’s easy to see how she became a part of that crowd.
also, Meghan was a basically an influencer before it became more ubiquitous. Her blog was quite popular with suits fans and young Canadian women. She highlighted local cool spots like soho house and Canadian brands. That allowed her to meet the people running these places. Plus people have described her as very friendly, it easy to see how she became friends with them.
TL/DR: She put herself out there with the right set and hustled. She’s a strategic networker. We can all learn from her in our professional and romantic goals.
giphy.gif

It all comes down to the Soho House, which is a private club where a lot of up and coming 20-30 somethings hang out. You need an invite to become a member or know someone who is. It cost around $2-3K a year. I’ve been and I’m regular smegular. It’s really about who you know.
Now Meg knows Markus, who basically makes the list of who can and cannot get into Soho House, for example he made a “no Kardashians” and “no finance bros” rule. He has a lot clout and knows EVERYBODY! That right there is invaluable as far as making connections to the right people. Eugenie has a membership to Soho house and has been papped several times leaving. It wouldn’t shock me if Meg met her there.
My guess is Harry put out some feelers to Markus that he was on the market and bada bing, Markus sets him up with Meg. Markus and Meg both spent time paling around the Toronto elite set, which is small and insular. I think if they met in another city like LA, their friendship would never have sparked.
200.gif

Last edited:

Passion4Muzik

LSA FACT CHECKER
Reaction score
Reactions
205,492 16,099 21,743
Alleybux

I know when friends come to my house to chill or have dinner, I don't whip out my phone and take pictures. Also, there are friends who don't live in the same place but talk all the time. One of my best friends is across the country and for 15+ years we have talked on the phone every day or every other day. We only have one picture together. The amount of pictures don't determine closeness. I've been in social circles where I'm in tons of photos with people but I'm not as close with them.

Humbugged

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,878 467 76
Alleybux
Meeting people through the Soho House was a very smart move! I think she's incredibly strategic and it paid off for her.

When her IG was still on she travelled a lot with one of the high ones in Soho - some woman

Her being a foodie was even written into her character on Suits

Humbugged

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,878 467 76
Alleybux
I know when friends come to my house to chill or have dinner, I don't whip out my phone and take pictures. Also, there are friends who don't live in the same place but talk all the time. One of my best friends is across the country and for 15+ years we have talked on the phone every day or every other day. We only have one picture together. The amount of pictures don't determine closeness. I've been in social circles where I'm in tons of photos with people but I'm not as close with them.

That's how her and Janina are still close

EnergyOrbit

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,928 950 169
Alleybux
I think it was also a right place, right time and right profession type of thing. Meghan actually lived in Canada and hung out with semi famous people there. Or at least high society people via her being an actress there. Canada has its own celebrity scene. Also, people forget that Canada is very British/Royal adjacent. Lots of monied white people live or visit there. Once she had mutuals with those people, it’s easy to see how she became a part of that crowd.

also, Meghan was a basically an influencer before it became more ubiquitous. Her blog was quite popular with suits fans and young Canadian women. She highlighted local cool spots like soho house and Canadian brands. That allowed her to meet the people running these places. Plus people have described her as very friendly, it easy to see how she became friends with them.

TL/DR: She put herself out there with the right set and hustled. She’s a strategic networker. We can all learn from her in our professional and romantic goals.

Belle14

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,616 773 161
Alleybux
Yes, but what I'm saying is how did she end up being invited to a party that a royal is attending? Maybe it is just me but I really don't get the timeline of her going from being a small time actress to knowing and being invited to parties with royals.

SOHO HOUSE is the connection.

See my post above on Markus Anderson.

Belle14

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,616 773 161
Alleybux
26764546-8183955-Misha_worked_with_the_Duchess_on_her_Smart_Works_charity_line_ca-a-11_1585912276436.jpg

30787242-8524951-image-a-1_1594804501702.jpg

Meghan Markle's best friend Misha Nonoo has revealed she is receiving lots of help from 'supportive' loved-ones to 'adjust to becoming a working mother'.

The New York-based designer, 33, and her oil heir husband Mikey Hess, 33, announced the birth of their son Leo in late March.

Misha, who is rumoured to have introduced Meghan, 38, and Prince Harry, 35, has now hinted that, like any friend, the Duchess of Sussex has been supporting her through the first few weeks of motherhood.

noseyandpetty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,968 265 128
Alleybux
According to that story ugly ass Piers Morgan won’t stop telling, he went on a date with her and when it was over, he got her a taxi that took her to a party that Harry was at. She met Harry and ghosted Piers from then on out.

Belle14

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,616 773 161
Alleybux
NINTCHDBPICT000491430423.jpg

MEGHAN Markle is now one of the most recognised stars worldwide but just four years ago was pictured “climbing the ladder” at a high society party in 2016.

The then-Suits actress partied with Lizzie Cundy and Phones4U WAG Claire Caudwell at Claire’s pad in Mayfair in a never-before-seen snap.

Meghan can be seen in a silk, one-shoulder dress, wearing her trademark brunette locks down.

At the party, Lizzie and Claire reportedly attempted to find the American actress a “famous British man” to date after the breakdown of her marriage to TV producer Trevor Engelson.

At the time, the actress was relatively unknown in the UK, apart from those who knew her as Rachel Zane in the Netflix legal drama.

However, later that same year, Meghan was set up with Prince Harry on a blind date, with the pair announcing their engagement in 2017, and tying the knot in May 2018.

Lizzie, 52, who first hit it off with Meghan at a charity dinner in 2013, spoke about the un-seen photo they posed together for in 2016.

She said: “Meghan was sitting next to me. She wanted pictures with everyone because she didn't know anyone. Obviously, she'd flown in from Canada, she wanted to meet people and get to know who's who.'

“It was a very high society party so I took pictures and that must've been one of them! She was climbing the ladder, as it were.”

Lizzie claims that Meghan was seeking help in finding a “famous British man.”

She added: “That photo was taken on that night. We were talking girly chat about my life, her life.

“She said she'd love to have a celebrity boyfriend. She loved Britain and felt very at home there. She loved London life and wanted to stay and work there and have a boyfriend.”

Lizzie said that Meghan’s ideal type was a celebrity so they would understand what you go through as an actress.

“Yes, she liked to drink, she liked that side of things for sure. She wasn’t that type of person who was like I’m just drinking water I need to go home early. She was out staying late, having a dance, enjoying it.

“I remember her being so excited to see Victoria Beckham at the event, she was like ‘wow it’s Victoria Beckham’.”

Lizzie said that Meghan stressed that she was keen to stay in London and had been hanging around with cast members from Made in Chelsea.

NINTCHDBPICT000625692209.jpg

Meghan was previously with film producer Trevor Engelson from 2004, and they married in 2011 but divorced in August 2013, citing “irreconcilable differences”.

Lizzie said she met up with Meghan a handful of times and that she “wasn’t short of male attention” during social events.

She said: “She was flirty, playful, giggly, just fun.

“She was sweet with it, not pushy or forward, the opposite of some of the girls you see in Love Island.

"Very sweet with it and had a charm about her.

The pair kept in touch, but Lizzie was stunned to find out about Meg’s relationship with Harry in late 2016.

She added: “I texted saying, ‘Oh my god, I heard about Harry’. And she was like, ‘Yeah I know. We’ll try and hook up’.”

But Meghan then cut all ties — just as she did with This Morning Britain host Piers Morgan. Lizzie said: “She was probably told by the Palace to end contact with people she befriended in the media. I was literally ghosted by her.”