Quantcast

How Did You Make And Save Money To Move To Another Country?

Coconochanel

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
295,890 10,722 6,567
Alleybux
By having multiple streams of income! I had 6 completely remote sources of income before picking up and moving to one of the most expensive cities in the world.

I wanted to keep living life without worrying about money vs going from no worries to stress.

If you’re in a different situation, consider moving to a cheap cost of living city to get abroad experience and stack up your coin for your dream city. Most people go to South Asia. Even Turkey is a good idea. Everything is so cheap over there and it’s right next to Europe.

THRILLHO

Simpson, eh
Reaction score
Reactions
79,597 2,198 194
Alleybux
i was in university living with my parents and only expenses was my phone bill and transportation. i got a job right after graduation, made pretty decent money at the time ($16-20/hr for about 9 months). i kept a tight budget in Excel. i saved up about $12000 then moved. it didn't go very far after being converted to british pounds (about 8000 ugh). I feel like depending on what country/currency you're moving to, it's easier for your money to go far and maybe you can save less before moving.
i only had a 2 year visa and then came back home. but financially i could have continued staying there.
the main difficulty is being able/willing to drop everything in your home country and re-establishing yourself. if you move away before you've laid a foundation in your home country, it's much easier.

zansanchez

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
14,433 1,458 203
Alleybux
year after uni
converted all my scholarship, grant money

other trips:
save by not eating out - bringing my lunch to work & not buying any $5 drinks
not buying clothes - bought stuff in london for way less than in the states
sold books, clothes