Quantcast

How do christians explain the existence of dinosaurs?

hankertron

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,587 9,062 25,717
Alleybux
So the timelines goes as follows
  1. God only rocks with the Israelites. Only Jews are saved. So every person on the planet is going to hell except for one small ethnic group at this point until 30 AD.
  2. Around 30 AD. Jesus comes back from the dead. Christianity is spread by word of mouth. Everyone on the planet who doesn't get the message is going to hell.
  3. The printing press is invented in 1440. The Bible can spread much faster now, but only a fraction of the world is literate. Most of the people are going to hell.
  4. It 2019, and Christians are sending missionaries. Yet only 30% of the world is Christian. So 70% of the world is going to hell.
Throughout time, God's plan only saved a fraction of people. The Bible says I narrow is the road that leads to life. The Bible acknowledges that only a handful of people will be rescued. I used to think about that all the time when I was a kid, and still Christian.
Ok. You are a very smart and intelligent woman. You seem to have a philosopher
Religious Critic gift/talent. By the way the Bible says hell is for the devil and his angels. There are different levels of judgement. Every child of God does not necessarily get in the New Jerusalem. Different levels of everything - in salvation and eternal damnation.

Reaction score
Reactions
3,337 46 17
Alleybux
God created Heaven and Earth. H created Adam and Eve. They were adults. So the animals and trees would also seem older even though they were a day old. Like a tree could have growth rings for like a hundred years. But still be 1 day old.
So the dinosaurs would also be like 1000 or millions of years old if you'd test them, but in fact were here not that long.
I do believe there were dinosaurs, but I do think they aren't millions of years old. Who can even verify that. There are things in the Bible that van still be verified. My opinion

Assata

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
32,155 1,595 1,339
Alleybux
God created Heaven and Earth. H created Adam and Eve. They were adults. So the animals and trees would also seem older even though they were a day old. Like a tree could have growth rings for like a hundred years. But still be 1 day old.
So the dinosaurs would also be like 1000 or millions of years old if you'd test them, but in fact were here not that long.
I do believe there were dinosaurs, but I do think they aren't millions of years old. Who can even verify that. There are things in the Bible that van still be verified. My opinion
I've never heard of that theory before, but no vertebrae can live to be millions of years old.

OptimisticThot

Finessa Hudgens
Reaction score
Reactions
3,304 159 101
Alleybux
So if god created earth and then instantly created people how come we have discovered that there are animals who were here on earth before humans and those animals are dinosaurs?

These two things do not go together. So do christians believe the existence of dinosaurs is a lie or what? I'm awfully curious how is that explained or is it a case of what's understood doesn't need to be explained?

giphy.gif
Some think fossils were placed in the Earth by the Devil to trick them :unsure:

Peachesca

Are you (づ ◕‿◕ )づ lost babygirl?
Reaction score
Reactions
62,511 1,543 944
Alleybux
Love this discussion, really entertaining seeing religious people and atheists debate.(I’m Agnostic) It’s always a circle jerk of personal beliefs but I always end up finding out something new from the Bible and interesting theories/interps.

YaGiRaKn

‘Repent! For the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.’
Reaction score
Reactions
5,892 295 80
Alleybux
They were wiped out from the flood. I believe they were the result of the Nephilim mixing with animals though.

The Candy Van

Programming my Mind
Reaction score
Reactions
19,015 947 1,089
Alleybux
Abraham was willing to kill Isaac for YahWeh. And Christ said to love God more than anyone and anything. If I had children and they chose to be atheist, that's THEIR freewill being put to use and I wouldn't have to kill them because once again, mosaic law no longer applies; however in the end when God Himself renders judgment, may He have mercy on their soul. I have to give account for myself. I cannot answer for adult children who chose at their own risk. My loyalty to God will not be blinded by human emotion and attachment.

This is the literal basis for the belief. It’s just not framed as emotion and attachment in the terms you use to describe it.

Ladyfinger

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,410 1,159 625
Alleybux
Book of Enoch is next level. It's left out of the Bible though.

But, I do think there may have been previously advanced civilizations before now. But that's not due to bible readings it's mainly due to learning about Ancient History.
Why is the book of Enoch left out?

ajackson17

Da Yung Imhotep rappin Py
Reaction score
Reactions
5,658 529 946
Alleybux
Creatures that resemble "dinosaurs" are described in the Bible. The behemoth (land dwelling) and leviathan (water beasts).

"The Old Testament describes two mysterious creatures that have puzzled Biblescholars for centuries. The creature called "Leviathan" is mentioned in Job 3:8; 41:1-41; Psalm 74:12-15; Psalm 104:25-27; and Isaiah 27:1-2. "Behemoth" is found only in Job 40:15-24."

We will throw them in the mythical box. They had no idea what a Dinosaur was and even if they found fossils. Another thing there is stories saying Yahweh fought a dragon and such.

ajackson17

Reaction score
Reactions
5,658 529 946
Alleybux
You're quite stupid if you think Satan was reasonable. He deliberately (and maliciously) opposed and tried to overthrow THEE most powerful Deity to ever exist. He lived with Yah and knew exactly what He was capable of. He basically started a war that he knew he couldn't win. If we're going to be completely honest, Satan is the dumbest villain to ever exist in the history of villains (much like his followers).

Wait there is more than one deity? I thought this was Monotheism not Monolatry.

ajackson17

Reaction score
Reactions
5,658 529 946
Alleybux
Are you a Bible scholar or at Theologian?

I like the way you think though. I think the whole Bible should be for that time and not today.

No one has to be Bible Scholar or a Theologian as long as they can logically show their research and opinions on the bible. It's crazy now they are asking for degrees when I can show books and videos on PH.Ds who are atheist and this is their field.

Christianity was spread throughout the world with violence. Maybe you should stop reading the Bible and start reading history books

A good percentage was through violence, but trade did happen especially considering the Vikings won against the Christian forces and decided to be Christian to keep their new found citzens happen like what happened in Rome. Ethiopia because of trade despite what people try to say, but it was profitable to be a Christian with access to goods and merchandise.

ajackson17

Reaction score
Reactions
5,658 529 946
Alleybux
Some North Koreans believe he's God just like you believe Yah is. They both don't tolerate dissent. How is it different?
I pointed it out that Christianity was spread with violence and you tried to make the same argument about secularism. Saying that some Christians are nice doesn't negate the past.
And it's funny how the ones who advocate for Jesus the most spray the most vitriol

Christian history can be neck to neck with Islam, but Modern Christians who have more resources and wealth don't have to terrorize as much as their Abrahamic brethern do.

ajackson17

Reaction score
Reactions
5,658 529 946
Alleybux
First, I hate how Christians are ALWAYS picked on, when Judaism and Islam both share the Old Testament with Christianity. This means THREE religions share the same beliefs about the creation of Earth. Yet, Christians are always attacked. Are the other religions liars, too? Are they crazy, too?

Second, science ISN’T 100% perfect. Everyday there are new studies, new theories debunking existing science. No one knows FOR SURE who was around 2 million or 2 thousand years ago. All we can do is assume. It’s possible that humans and dinosaurs may have roamed at the same time. IDK. It’s possible God destroyed and created Earth multiple times. IDK. WDK.

In regards to this, I believe this is where Jesus Christ comes into play. God destroyed the Earth, we believe for sure once, (could be more) and instead of wiping away the good along with the bad as He has done before, He decided to give people a chance to redeem themselves via the sacrifice of his one, beloved son. (Judaism and Islam have an alternative view on this, but it’s pretty much the same I believe).

Nah, science isn't suppose to be 100% and don't make claims of absoluteness, but there are things that are just factual evidence with enough physical evidence we can make certain claims and sometimes needs to be tweak because of new information.

Like how we know evolution is real because of the DNA, fossil record, we have seen rapid evolution within our lifespan and much more.

But I agree Islam and Judaism is all mythology to me, but we have people in actual power that are Christians who are making Christian based laws and use the bible as their reasoning. Hence why we don't jump on the other 2 faiths as much because they are literally not a threat and when they do we will go against them.

Chriza28

Time-out again
Benched
Time Out
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
108,407 7,514 8,020
Alleybux
The moral code silly. That's the whole point of Judeo-Christian belief. Follow the golden rule and all of that.
The golden rule seems to have been abandoned for looking like a myth.

1950 - 95% Americans identified as Christian
2020 - 65% Americans identified as Christian
The most rapid decline occurred in the last five years.

Cause:
Progress of science and technology
Gross Christian hypocrisy

"Some of the most Christian people I know are atheists,
Some of the most godless heathens I know are Christians"
John Fugelsang (whose parents were former Christian clergy)

Chriza28

Time-out again
Benched
Time Out
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
108,407 7,514 8,020
Alleybux
Right..firstly I am Not Christian so my answer has nothing to do with Christianity at all however doesn't science say that we believe so much as the evidence we have and base theories on that like if they found a bone or some sort of evidence to prove all their theories thus far wrong that they would then have to re-examine evidence and it would debunk their previous theories. As beautiful as science is, it is not complete. They are still trying to find answers and as such unable to completely deny the existence of a creator because of that.
Nothing is 100% but science is the reason why people are not dropping dead from a bunch of diseases and why you can actually expect your child to live to adulthood and why people are living into their 80s and beyond.

When you are seriously sick,
are you taken to church for healing prayers
or to the hospital for medical science?

The fact this is even a debate is ridiculous.