Quantcast

How do I hide I’m a rich *****?

petitefille

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,571 777 521
Alleybux
I think a guy who has his stuff together won’t be asking about what you do too deeply and won’t care how much you make. Don’t lie, but be vague, and flip the questions back to him. Men who actually love what they do and are proud of what they do will be happy to talk about it. Just pay attention... my man pays for everything and never asks me to pay... once in a while I will offer to pay and sometimes he’ll protest and I’ll insist. But in the first 2-3 months of dating, it never occurred to me to offer to pay and he never complained about it. He kept inviting me out multiple times a week and paying for it. I was able to gauge from that that he’s probably financially okay. After we got engaged, he shared his net worth and I was like DAMN. So yeah, pay attention to signs, they are definitely there. Men who are overly concerned with what you do and how much you make probably aren’t on your level.

ETA: I do want to add, even if you’re vague, still be on your guard because sometimes people can tell regardless. I dated a man who gave me the whole “I’m in the ______ industry” and left it at that. I didn’t push for details because it didn’t matter to me and I could tell he was wealthy from the beginning. After time, he revealed he was an exec at a major company. But even with being vague, I knew he was rich. So just be careful and protect yourself, because some people have bad intentions.

Last edited:

AnaleighVila

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
527 25 9
Alleybux
Easy. Drive a car that is nice, but not over 40,000. Wear clothes that are brand name, but not overly flamboyant. Don't over accessorize, just choose some nice pieces and wear no more than 2 at a time. Don't flash money or always offer to pay (unless someone is poor and REALLY can't afford it on their own, be nice). But yeah, that's how.

NarcoticVenus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
29,670 734 410
Alleybux
As others have said, date at or above your level and this won't be an issue.

Your story sounds a little off though.

You are either dating below your level because your looks and behavior do not match your income, or you are not being honest about how much money you really make.

A professional man making good money is not going to look up your potential salary on Glassdoor.

Any man you date should be taking you out to nice places and buying you nice gifts, not asking where you work and what you do. The man you want is trying to see if you are a good conversationalist, smart and interesting, and the kind of woman he can see introducing to family and friends. He is looking for a lady. If he is interested in your finances, career, or assets he is not looking for a woman, he is looking for a wallet.

And again, only broke people use the fact that you are well-groomed to signify wealth. Middle-class and higher expect that you will be taking care of yourself, your surroundings, and your belongings. A single woman with a decent income is supposed to get facials and manicures and dress well. That does not mean a Neverfull and Rainbow clothes. Consistent grooming and clothing signify wealth more than 1 or 2 designer items on someone with chipped nails and cheap clothes. Look and act like your paycheck and the men on your level will find you.

LovableShade

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,846 2,115 2,103
Alleybux
I would say stack your money and act poor but this would require you to downgrade your lifestyle. You probably don’t want to do this because usually when people make more money they want to upgrade their environment. But why does it matter if a man knows how much you make?? It actually makes you more attractive when you’re an attractive woman that has her sh!t together. Most men aren’t trying to save no broke b!tch.

Last edited:

Nkosazana

She gets down, she don't play
Reaction score
Reactions
38,974 631 83
Alleybux
How sad. But this is a big big problem for all BW. They worship money way beyond the validity of a loving relationship. You may have money but your heart is cut off from happiness. So sad.

Spoken like someone that's definitely tried to pay the bills with happiness and deferred dreams before.

tenor.gif

hankertron

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,587 9,062 25,717
Alleybux
Spoken like someone that's definitely tried to pay the bills with happiness and deferred dreams before.

tenor.gif

It depends on how you see dreams. What you do for others enriches your soul more than what you do for you.

Way down in your soul, down in the collective unconscious there is a program that needs to be fulfilled in love. Only through being who you were meant to be is there true satisfaction, peace and a sense of completeness.

Tenderoni3

The Very Best
Reaction score
Reactions
2,506 145 300
Alleybux
I have been raised to keep my money separate from men - never pick up a bill, never tell a man my income, always have a secret bank account etc.

Keeping my income a secret is getting increasingly difficult as I progress in my career. I work at a household name company and my salary is easily found on Glassdoor. I’m in the top 10%.

I’ve started online dating again for the first time in 2 years. I never put my job title or place of work because of how easily my salary and LinkedIn can be found, but it eventually comes up in conversation. I usually lie about my seniority level.

For other high earning women, what do you do to remain stealth?
This the typa problems I want

IvoryQueen

Balanta Realness
Reaction score
Reactions
5,010 291 104
Alleybux
I used to hide my success. But I’m very wordy. Not the best liar. And it’s insulting. So I stopped. I don’t brag. Acknowledge answer a few questions and keep it pushing. If I guy acts too thirsty call him out (or don’t) and keep it moving (use yourself as a litmus). If a guy is asking too many questions about your salary and counting your money that’s also a huge flag! You’re successful and expensive and he still has to pay. They’ll just have to deal.

Sophia35

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,767 178 39
Alleybux
I’m confused. You’re in the top 10% at your company. Presumably in a senior or higher level role yet you don’t know something as simple as how to tactfully withhold or disclose your salary? This post sounds fictitious.
I was thinking the same thing lol. I usually date men who make more $$ than me. I never had a man inquire about my salary bc they were/are the providers. I once dated a man who made less, and even then, he never asked me any questions about money.

Rochelle Dionna

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,794 6,592 11,393
Alleybux
Why would your salary ever come up in conversation? Who talks about salaries when you’re in the early stages of getting to know someone?

I may ask a job title just for the sake of conversation, I think that’s pretty standard but actual income why? And why would anyone look up the salary of someone they’re interested in after finding out a job title? This is all very odd to me.
LSA is an odd place. I have never in life asked someone their salary or have someone ask mine. Never talked about it even among friends or family. I dont care what they make, I assume they dont care what I make either. I went on hundreds of dates. My salary never came up. LSA is an anonymous message board used for fairytale stories and bragging.

Last edited: