Quantcast

How Do You Deal With A Student Lying About You To Their Parent Which Could Cause A Huge Issue?

TheCluesIleftForYou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
276,341 15,292 4,091
Alleybux
The weather has been warming up these last few days. To reward my students I have been taking them outside 15 mins before dismissal if they are well behaved. A student who happens to be a huge issue within the school decided to yell into other classrooms as we exited the building. I directed him calmly to go to the designated disciplinary room for ill behaved students. He proceeded to call me a fat b***h 4 times once in front of a staff member. I said this is the 3rd time you’ve insulted me this week, to which he has.... on Monday i was an ugly b***h. And Wednesday i was a b****h who couldn’t do anything good in her life, but dress up and wear make up. A staff members was presented for this as well. I believe this quote come from his mother who doesn’t like me. My students doesn’t have the mindset to think of such a thing. It sounds very similar to what i would expect an adult to say. Anyway i said that was your finally warning. Please go.

I tried calling his mother. However her phone was disconnected. So i found his brother and told him to relay what my student had said. She decided to come up today after the student claimed i called him stupid. She basically confronted me nasty, rude, and unprofessionally. I kept my composure and stated i wouldn’t be addressing a blatant lie farther than letting her know i said nothing of the sort. I brought a staff member in to confirm what happened. But the parent didn’t seem to believe me. I’m a bit frustrated i did nothing wrong. And the young mans aunt is my boss. My boss believed me..... but i just am tired of this student.... he is extremely disrespectful.... What can i do to cover myself going forward

Last edited:

Morticia A

pretty, strange & unusual
Reaction score
Reactions
276,384 14,386 11,150
Alleybux
Switch classes or request for him to switched. End of story.

Parents like that are a nightmare and next time she gone be sueing the school for her childs lies.

Psalm

I groan back and sometimes I do so viciously
Reaction score
Reactions
283,912 18,832 4,093
Alleybux
I am sick of people raising angry disrespectful rage-filled kids. Doing everything to keep my kids away from the soon to be incarcerated. Record his ass. Start looking for another job.

TheCluesIleftForYou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
276,341 15,292 4,091
Alleybux
I am sick of people raising angry disrespectful rage-filled kids. Doing everything to keep my kids away from the soon to be incarcerated. Record his ass. Start looking for another job.
I am as well. Honestly i knew not to call anyone a b***h when i was a kid i still bleep myself when talking to my mother or older people. Even when talking to his mother i said fat b. She said what.... i said excuse my language but he said b!tch. The young man is extremely rude, and belittle every adult. Surprisingly another very well mannered teacher came to me stating he called him a fµck!ng dickhead today. He said he is sick of his disrespect. I never heard this teacher speak this way.

TheCluesIleftForYou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
276,341 15,292 4,091
Alleybux
Also good on you for letting that child disrespect you like that and not loosing your cool
I have grown a tough skin. I’m human so sometimes things get to me. But i never express it. I’m often expressionless because of how much sh!t i put up from students. On a side note it has build a very low tolerance for fuckery in my personal life. The first sign of disrespect even a play one i block a man. So i thank my students for that.

snazzi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,330 987 212
Alleybux
Can you request the presence of a teaching aide at all times so you will always have a witness?

KissMeHerione

Himeko Elizabeth
Reaction score
Reactions
97,128 2,371 701
Alleybux
In one of these threads where we talked about how we would raise our children different, someone said that they would believe their kids with whatever they said, and the example was like if they said something at school happened, then it happened.

That threw me off because kids are not above lying for good, bad, or no reason at all especially at school.

I don't really like the idea of blindly believing someone just because they are your kid. You should believe them because you trust them and have judged the situation properly.

If enough teachers have had a problem with this child what can be done about finding a solution together? If the boss is his aunt can she not suggest something to his mother? Or is that part of the problem?

TheCluesIleftForYou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
276,341 15,292 4,091
Alleybux
Can you request the presence of a teaching aide at all times so you will always have a witness?
No i wish i could but we have 10 weeks left of the school year. And requesting an aid would be pointless this student has exhausted all his services 1:1, TSS, STS, and therapy is out of the question for him. Aids take months to get and they will be placed where most needed.

TheCluesIleftForYou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
276,341 15,292 4,091
Alleybux
In one of these threads where we talked about how we would raise our children different, someone said that they would believe their kids with whatever they said, and the example was like if they said something at school happened, then it happened.

That threw me off because kids are not above lying for good, bad, or no reason at all especially at school.

I don't really like the idea of blindly believing someone just because they are your kid. You should believe them because you trust them and have judged the situation properly.

If enough teachers have had a problem with this child what can be done about finding a solution together? If the boss is his aunt can she not suggest something to his mother? Or is that part of the problem?
I don’t want to go into so much detail but from what i heard the mom doesn’t listen and just got him back after years of leaving him with their mother. So she isn’t a good mother and trying to make up for years of neglect. She listens to no one about him because she doesn’t want him to hate her.

Buffalo Butt

Ultimate Gobbler
Reaction score
Reactions
235,542 14,424 4,441
Alleybux
Can he be put in in school suspension until the end of the year? Fifth grade is a state testing grade. He is disrupting the class.

Also, this isn’t something you have control over as he’s going to continue to lie on you. Unless the school can give you an aid or a parent volunteers, no one can watch your class all day.

Last edited:

TheCluesIleftForYou

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
276,341 15,292 4,091
Alleybux
Can he be put in in school suspension until the end of the year? Fifth grade is a state testing grade. He is disrupting the class.
For all our standardize test and our state test coming up he always test alone.... however he cannot be place inside in-house suspension for the rest of the year because name calling or disruptive behavior unless violent is classified now as a classroom management issue. Meaning teachers just can’t control their class its is not a disciplinary problem. But him walking out, ripping things off the wall, banging on my door, and calling me a b!tch is a huge issue. He is a ES (emotional support) student and needs to be in a special school. I wish he could get the help he needs

Buffalo Butt

Ultimate Gobbler
Reaction score
Reactions
235,542 14,424 4,441
Alleybux
For all our standardize test and our state test coming up he always test alone.... however he cannot be place inside in-house suspension for the rest of the year because name calling or disruptive behavior unless violent is classified now as a classroom management issue. Meaning teachers just can’t control their class its is not a disciplinary problem. But him walking out, ripping things off the wall, banging on my door, and calling me a b!tch is a huge issue. He is a ES (emotional support) student and needs to be in a special school. I wish he could get the help he needs

Who don’t they put him in special ed? This doesn’t sound like just a bad kid, he has a disability.

It isn’t fair for you, him or the rest of your class. He needs attention that you can’t give. His mother needs to take action.

Whip Appeal

♡ Kiss my Libran a$$. ♡
Reaction score
Reactions
254,741 6,771 2,633
Alleybux
This why I don’t deal with people’s kids. I would have been ready to whoop him and his mammys ass.
I had a teacher in elementary who told a student “your momma” when the student called Him a b!tch.

Bellis Sima

#everflowingspring
Reaction score
Reactions
38,646 799 337
Alleybux
I am very sorry this is happening to you. Here are some recommendations:

-talk to his aunt ( your boss) about his behavior and tell her to speak with his mom

- sit the kid down and talk to him about the appropriate way to speak with adults. His mom is not doing much in this regard! I believe a heart to heart conversation can help steer him in the right direction

-request a meeting with his mom, principal and the student. Explain the problem you are having and how things need to change moving forward.

-At my old school, students were sent home for misbehaving. The parents picked them up and to return to class a parent must sit in class with them for half a day. Maybe this will work with him!

Reaction score
Reactions
1,265 128 14
Alleybux
Not a teacher story, but...
Once upon a time I had been dating a gentleman (G) for about a year when he introduced his 11 y/o daughter to me. She hated me.For reasons, I kept an eye on her one day for about 6 hours(at his house). She took a country sh!t on the toilet lid and told him that I did it. This motherfµcker BELIEVED HER.
His reasoning was - why would she lie??
I never wanted to hit somebody in the head with a skillet more than at that moment.

TaryNico

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
33,088 565 112
Alleybux
fµck teachers deal with so much sh!t. Couldn't be me forreal, y'all have my utmost respect.

But if it was in front of adult teachers, you should speak with the principle to have him removed from your class or even suspended. Like, I know you might not want to do it, especially if its a young black kid, but they have to know its not acceptable to speak to people, especially adults, like that.

JasperFlags

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
23,726 1,575 1,454
Alleybux
Oh that happens to me all the time. I've had parents lie on me to get there kids out of trouble to.

Happened to me a few days ago. A child who missed Over 20 days out of the school year, got angry because they received a passing, yet poor grade for the semester. The counselor tried to report me to the Principal. It didn't work. School board policy states students can only have about four unexcused absences per semester. Or else they automatically flunk.

Thing is, I don't penalize kids for being absent from school. I figure that is a parental issue, and the child's fault. I do penalize the child for skipping. Sure enough, I looked through the records, the child had missed double the days out my class, than anyone else's.

I tried to give the kid a chance, but I had a feeling in my gut that during the times that child wasn't in my class they were getting into some serious mischief. If that child get raped, killed, or hurt on my time, it will be me who has the suffer the consequences because I am responsible for the kid.

As the shootings in Virginia showed us, this is a dangerous world. Just watch how you deal with these parents. They're crazy.

Wait until you get other teachers who will lie on you, in order to cover for their favorite student.