Quantcast

How do you deal with angry racist people throughout life? How has racism effected you?

DreamFantasy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,150 549 145
Alleybux
I’m sure we’ve all had run ins with insane angry racist people. The people with road rage who yell all sorts of insults, the people who have even physically threatened us, people who are just evil and mess with us due to our race AND being a woman. I’ve come to now ignore people but before I had a bad temper when it comes to angry and racist people. Now, I do not say anything because it can seriously get you killed. How do you deal with these people and not let it get to you? I’m seriously considering getting a gun for my own safety especially during these times because people seem even crazier. I have severe anxiety and dealing with these people is not good for my mental health so I will get away from them fast personally. ):

Diva Hilary

Life is beautiful!
Reaction score
Reactions
79,591 8,652 10,090
Alleybux
You need to turn off the tv and stop ingesting the news. They have an agenda to serve and intentionally highlight the most negative aspects of society to make you think it's like the 1950s again. And that's what contributes to your high anxiety and blood pressure. I been living my life as black as I am for almost 30 years now and I count on my hand the number of actual racist incidents that have happened to me. That's not to dismiss other people's experiences of racism but all I'm saying is I don't look for it, therefore I rarely find it. I've kept a positive mindset and a love of people and that's how I've survived.

DreamFantasy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,150 549 145
Alleybux
You need to turn off the tv and stop ingesting the news. They have an agenda to serve and intentionally highlight the most negative aspects of society to make you think it's like the 1950s again. And that's what contributes to your high anxiety and blood pressure. I been living my life as black as I am for almost 30 years now and I count on my hand the number of actual racist incidents that have happened to me. That's not to dismiss other people's experiences of racism but all I'm saying is I don't look for it, therefore I rarely find it. I've kept a positive mindset and a love of people and that's how I've survived.
It’s not TV for me but real life experiences that get me thinking sadly when I’m just minding my own business

Caramelskin

80’s baby ❤️
Reaction score
Reactions
179,595 7,139 3,462
Alleybux
I live up north so I’ve never truly had to deal with the ignorance... But my kid had it even before he knew what racism was at the age of 5...

I went up to that school so fast and shut that mess down. We eventually moved from that area tho.

DreamFantasy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,150 549 145
Alleybux
I live up north so I’ve never truly had to deal with the ignorance... But my kid had it even before he knew what racism was at the age of 5...

I went up to that school so fast and shut that mess down. We eventually moved from that area tho.
Oh wow, I want to move up north eventually, I live in the South

mamuh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,873 299 67
Alleybux
ive never met a racist who hasnt destroyed their own legacy tbh... or arent miserable.
i find peace knowing im a desirable person in multiple ways and racists directing their vulgarity at me will have to answer to the good people who like me.

and for the racists who THINK they get/got along with me, they will have to answer to why i stopped fµck!ng with them. or why their accusations towards me are always vague.

mamagotback

Go be great in your Lavender
Reaction score
Reactions
29,565 612 237
Alleybux
Recently got fired by a white lady because she was uncomfortable with me being black. I don’t trust most white people and idc if it’s considered prejudice. I found a new job and most of the people working there are white, I don’t mess with them at all.

DreamFantasy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,150 549 145
Alleybux
Recently got fired by a white lady because she was uncomfortable with me being black. I don’t trust most white people and idc if it’s considered prejudice. I found a new job and most of the people working there are white, I don’t mess with them at all.
I feel you, one day if/when I own my business, I’ll do my utmost to hire mostly POC. I’m so sorry about that, smh.