Quantcast

How do you guys explain other people's supernatural experiences and testimonies?

jazzyjazzjaz

If I'm here I got time
Reaction score
Reactions
2,730 193 364
Alleybux
Just wondering. Some examples- my bf is a believer and was asking God for a wife before he met me, he asked for a sign so he'd know what to look for, he sees a girl who looks just like me. This is significant because in the dream she was much younger than him, along with having my physical features. I'm the only younger woman my bf has dated and we had an instant chemistry. He also has premonition-type dreams every so often.

His aunt had a tumor in her stomach, she prayed and prayed, goes to the doc and it's gone. The doctor was completely befuddled and said he's never seen something like it

My bf had a dream about someone in his family being sick, they end up sick soon after.

There's this YT video of this kid who had a NDE and he saw all these things that are described in the bible as being in Heaven, not having known any of this stuff before. He talks to a pastor about it and it's just crazy.

People who see ghosts/apparitions.
etc etc

I know these can all be coincidences and that's what I always thought, but being with someone who believes and has had such strange occurrences happen throughout his time as a believer makes me question my disbelief. Thoughts?

Femme Pop

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
257,631 7,071 3,323
Alleybux
Nnn...op I just wrote a whole essay in response to the other thread you made, just for you to abandon it when ppl started making valid points.

Honestly you sound like you need to be in the religious forum, js.

jazzyjazzjaz

If I'm here I got time
Reaction score
Reactions
2,730 193 364
Alleybux
This is a totally separate topic for me..I would've made it sooner or later.

Romey

CIS!!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
71,698 6,323 5,636
Alleybux
I’ve had prophetic/premonition/God speaking to me like dreams before.

connection to the spiritual/supernatural is real. A lot of people bµllsh!t about it, but some
People really do have these experiences.

JustLivingTv

Fck |Love|Friendship & yo phony apologies
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
97,013 9,670 9,132
Alleybux
Most of their "testimonies" are lies,rehearsed at the church and or half trues with left out information like the inclusion of man made medicine.

Matheo455

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
187,225 6,125 3,803
Alleybux
Just wondering. Some examples- my bf is a believer and was asking God for a wife before he met me, he asked for a sign so he'd know what to look for, he sees a girl who looks just like me. This is significant because in the dream she was much younger than him, along with having my physical features. I'm the only younger woman my bf has dated and we had an instant chemistry. He also has premonition-type dreams every so often.

His aunt had a tumor in her stomach, she prayed and prayed, goes to the doc and it's gone. The doctor was completely befuddled and said he's never seen something like it

My bf had a dream about someone in his family being sick, they end up sick soon after.

There's this YT video of this kid who had a NDE and he saw all these things that are described in the bible as being in Heaven, not having known any of this stuff before. He talks to a pastor about it and it's just crazy.

etc etc

I know these can all be coincidences and that's what I always thought, but being with someone who believes and has had such strange occurrences happen throughout his time as a believer makes me question my disbelief. Thoughts?

You don't. Most people lie especially when it comes to wanting to be seen in a positive light or fitting into a particular community.

Noladebby

⚜️ Made in New Orleans ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
76,868 2,253 1,262
Alleybux

etc etc

I hate the fact that I wondered in here but I'm curious about something. Does your boyfriend know that you are not a believer?

Addicted 2Diamonds

I just want my money....
Reaction score
Reactions
165,251 6,548 2,482
Alleybux
My experiences can be chalked up to one thing: God is real and He has been protecting me all these years. I have no reason to lie and nothing to prove to anyone especially skeptics or non believers.

Mint

manic pixie it girl
Reaction score
Reactions
79,937 2,313 680
Alleybux
i personally believe in manifestation, and i think that prayer can be a form of it for religious people. if they believe they'll get results from a higher power, then of course they will.

i don't think ghosts are proof of a higher power. i believe that energy has to go somewhere, and sometimes it just lingers, thus we get ghosts.

jazzyjazzjaz

If I'm here I got time
Reaction score
Reactions
2,730 193 364
Alleybux
I hate the fact that I wondered in here but I'm curious about something. Does your boyfriend know that you are not a believer?
Nope. I'm not an atheist, though, I'm like floating..I'd call myself a questioning agnostic with a lean towards Christianity. But he doesn't ever talk about religion. He's not like devout I guess. He just holds my hands and prays before we eat. I was happy he was a believer when we met because I was having trouble at the time too, and felt like being around him might help me.

jazzyjazzjaz

If I'm here I got time
Reaction score
Reactions
2,730 193 364
Alleybux
My experiences can be chalked up to one thing: God is real and He has been protecting me all these years. I have no reason to lie and nothing to prove to anyone especially skeptics or non believers.
Can you give us an example of how God has protected you? I wonder why He has protected you but kids overseas are starving and dying and kids in America are getting raped, and more. Not a shot, I'm just really curious about that.

Addicted 2Diamonds

I just want my money....
Reaction score
Reactions
165,251 6,548 2,482
Alleybux
Can you give us an example of how God has protected you? I wonder why He has protected you but kids overseas are starving and dying and kids in America are getting raped, and more. Not a shot, I'm just really curious about that.
I paid no attention to what forum this thread is in and really it doesn't matter. You posed a question that only a believer could answer anyway so there's that. I've encountered spirit entities face to face that I knew were dark but they caused no harm. Only God can create a chism to separate the spirit realm from interfering with the physical because He created all these things and he keeps them in check. I've been robbed at gunpoint, in terrible accidents, been the subject of medical malpractice just to name a few and I'm still here. Why He chooses to salvage some and not others, we'll never know but we do know that He is God who can "do as He pleases" per the scripture, He'll show mercy to whoever He chooses and it's both disrespectful and futile to question Him. I've suffered tribulation in my life too so no one is completely spared of pain in life but I do know things could've been a lot worst for me and by His grace they weren't.

moraeblue

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,361 1,606 850
Alleybux
i've had many.
age 15, God told me to go say goodbye to my granddad. i did. the next day, he had a heart attack and died.

age 12, God told me to say goodbye to the home i grew up in. a week later, we had to move. (my mom had domestic violence issues i didn't know about, so we had to leave.)

age 30, God told me to go to Colorado to see my childhood friend, who was in the hospital with cancer. he passed away three weeks later, but i got to tell him i loved him and got to see him before he passed. God told me through visions: one was of my friend and i when we were kids, another was of gray silhouettes of God and people behind him. the visions meant to go see my friend and that all that matters is each other (us and God).

God "talks" to me all the time, telling me to be cautious or to start working on my goals. He introduced me to the type of man i didn't even know i would be interested in. He knows better than i do what all my dreams are.

I once felt Him pushing my foot down on the gas pedal in my car, which caused my car to be totaled in a wreck. I was forced by my mom to buy a car i didn't want and could not afford, otherwise she would not co-sign for any car. the insurance company was forced to pay me enough to buy a different car once it was totaled, and i no longer had car payments.

He let me know that he remembered some of the painful memories that i had in my past which involved my mother, stuff that i had already forgotten about because i had even bigger problems to deal with. but He let me know that he would not let my mother get away with the things she did.

He is being a huge provider financially, spiritually, emotionally, etc. He's being a father to me because i didn't have one growing up.

noseyandpetty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,966 265 128
Alleybux
These people fall into one of four categories (usually it’s a combination of a couple): schizophrenics, scammers, jackasses, or the desperate.

Schizophrenics are the ones who talk to Jesus and deadass believe he talks back. They need to be medicated.

The scammers are the famous church folk and anyone who gives testimonies in their crowd. Also anyone trying to make money in any way off this bµllsh!t.

The jackasses are the ones who see “signs” in the absolute dumbest things. Like there’s this YouTuber Peter Monn who thinks his deceased mother’s spirit takes the form of a red cardinal to watch over him and he thinks she’s with him at all times. The man lives in Indiana where red cardinals are so common that they’re the state bird. Also, red cardinals are all male. The females are brown. Why would his mother be coming back as a male bird? Anyway if a bird flies past the window while he’s filming a YouTube video, he thinks this means his mom is gonna see the video in heaven. Yeah ok honey... These people are too dumb to even entertain.

The desperate are people who can’t cope with the circumstances of their lives or who can’t overcome a tragedy so they start attributing meaning to coincidences and random occurrences as a way to convince themselves that some bigger plan is in action.

BaeCole

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
273,152 6,668 6,001
Alleybux
I don’t care to explain someone else’s imagination. That’s like trying to reason with a child that their imaginary friends don’t exist. Believe what you want, just don’t try to force that mess on others. Why is this so hard to understand?