Quantcast

How do you know when God is testing you?

Itsmebaby

Flight attendant + Registered nurse
Reaction score
Reactions
29,428 216 105
Alleybux
you know you and you know when your being pushed to your limit and what you can handle. Like when Im at work and dumbass people are really trying me,I always think "The Lord is testing me"

blazin310

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,943 310 110
Alleybux
To me, its when you keep going through things over and over. Everytime you get to a point where you think things are okay, you're hit with something else and seem to be at your wits end. To me, that's a test a faith. If you keep believing in him, things will get better. May not be on your time, but it will get better.

Couture_Queen

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,546 112 53
Alleybux
To me, its when you keep going through things over and over. Everytime you get to a point where you think things are okay, you're hit with something else and seem to be at your wits end. To me, that's a test a faith. If you keep believing in him, things will get better. May not be on your time, but it will get better.

It's funny you say that, 'cause there are certain things i keep going through over and over again. At first, i'd get angry with God and think it's a spiritual attack but then i started to realise maybe it isn't that... maybe God wants to simply strengthen my faith.

Thanks

veronicaluv

Keeping You Pressed
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
227,457 9,148 11,470
Alleybux
when you make it through. When the strength you have and the peace you get...the very fact you open your eyes the next day and keep praying and believing....that's GOD.

GlamChick

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
43,370 709 794
Alleybux
It's funny you say that, 'cause there are certain things i keep going through over and over again. At first, i'd get angry with God and think it's a spiritual attack but then i started to realise maybe it isn't that... maybe God wants to simply strengthen my faith.

Thanks

God only put things in your way so you can learn from it. So if you keep going through the samething maybe you need to take note what are you are doing wrong and what have or can you learn from it so you can move on to the your next life lesson and build up your strength. Have faith, pray and thank the lord each and every day for the life you have.

Remember just because you think you have it bad there is always someone else going through something worst then you. Be strong.

weezee

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I believe that everything in your life is a test. The good, the bad, the different, the same. It's all a daily, hourly, weekly, yearly test. Just go through and come out. If you have to repeat the test just do it. At least you get the chance to do it again...others weren't so fortunate.

FaCough

Get off my lawn. Don’t touch anything
Reaction score
Reactions
80,017 1,289 186
Alleybux
I was thinking about this just this morning. I feel like I've been tested for the last 11 years of my life and it's getting hard to continue believing.

MochaTwist

Not today, Satan
Reaction score
Reactions
90,646 970 122
Alleybux

^^This. When I am going through I see it as a test of faith but also God's confidence in me. When Job was going through, God allowed it because he was sure Job would never forsake him and would come out of it brand new. :victory:

LuvMJ1978

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,002 49 38
Alleybux
Good question. I've been tested, the only way I can explain it is, when you are in a situation that seems like it will NEVER!!!!!!!!!! end, I mean never, but there is this something that keeps you hanging in there (if you understand what I mean) Like in the Kirk song Smile, basically I wanted to give up, but something held me true and fast to not give up (not verbatim) obviously. I think when God wants to take us to the next level, He allows things to happen so we will know where our head is at. (He already knows) Sometimes we might want something of God, but God knows we might not be able to handle that particular blessing we are asking for, so He has to show us who we are, through trials etc. My opinion.

rosiepink

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
50,036 2,269 397
Alleybux
I think you are being tested when you have done everything that is within your power (limited power that is) to reach a certain outcome, change a certain outcome, or avert a certain situation and yet it persist. When things are out of our scope of understanding and reasoning and there seems to be no answers this is when God is testing you.

God is not cruel and neither does he desire to toy with us. For this reason I don't believe he will allow us to continuously experience the same things over and over. If you find yourself enduring the same trials and tribulations then it's because you didn't learn from the first go round. Something that will cause us to experience the same situations over and over is when we take on the attitude of "why me, why do I have to do this, why not someone else, etc.". Saying "yes Lord" and being thankful even adverse times is how we move from the phase of tests to blessings.

Couture_Queen

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,546 112 53
Alleybux

That's my life there. Whenever things were just about ok, something else would come along and it would reignite the anger in me, but you claiming it as faith is making me look at it from a different perspective. I used to have a bad habit of seeing everything as the Devil attacking me but my mindset is changing.

Couture_Queen

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,546 112 53
Alleybux
God only put things in your way so you can learn from it. So if you keep going through the samething maybe you need to take note what are you are doing wrong and what have or can you learn from it so you can move on to the your next life lesson and build up your strength. Have faith, pray and thank the lord each and every day for the life you have.

Remember just because you think you have it bad there is always someone else going through something worst then you. Be strong.

See, that's how i know the Lord is talking. This same thought came to me a a few weeks ago and keeps coming back every once in a while. Thanks.

Couture_Queen

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,546 112 53
Alleybux
I believe that everything in your life is a test. The good, the bad, the different, the same. It's all a daily, hourly, weekly, yearly test. Just go through and come out. If you have to repeat the test just do it. At least you get the chance to do it again...others weren't so fortunate.

Amen to that!

Couture_Queen

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,546 112 53
Alleybux
I was thinking about this just this morning. I feel like I've been tested for the last 11 years of my life and it's getting hard to continue believing.

You must keep believing. Believing is the only way you'll get through it. Do you have any daily declarations you say to yourself that are in line with the word of God, i.e. I am free from condemnation (Rom. 8:1), I am born of God and the evil one does not touch me (1 John 5:18), etc...? If not, i suggest you say some and let it get into your mind and your spirit.

destinylongwood

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,643 309 39
Alleybux
Got this from FB just now.

"You know when God is ready to expose something new about Himself to you when he puts you in a contradiction, between a rock and a hard place. HE allows or creates a situation that confuses you, contradicts you, messes over you, and you want to know WHY THIS? WHY NOW? The contradiction you’re in right now, don’t just look at the bush that’s burning, look at the GOD that wants to talk to you through the burning bush. Don’t just look at the problem look at Him because he’s about to call your name and introduce you to another dimension of JEHOVAH, the self revealing God, that wants to expose Himself. He will reveal the next stage and plan of your life that you never considered" Dr. Tony Evans

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom