Quantcast

How do you like living in London as a Black person?

Lexonfiyah

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,826 447 181
Alleybux
I’ve never even been there but I’m curious. I’m asking this about a lot of cities. At first it was just national and in the US but I think I’ll go international. And it’s morning in London.

Lushlife123

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,212 1,491 71
Alleybux
I guess it depends on where you live in London and now with the pandemic I don’t think the experience will be the same as it was.

fairymist

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
82,640 1,560 376
Alleybux
It's definitely been a different experience since covid hit. I used to think it was the best place on earth but having hardly left my house in the past year, I realised that there's not much to London once all the entertainment and restaurants shut down. I guess the same would be true of most places though.

xcvvx

Guess who supports a child molestor? NICKI MINAJ
Reaction score
Reactions
6,924 406 170
Alleybux
It's OK very diverse. But you don't get much for your money

delicious11

Na me sabi!
Reaction score
Reactions
69,939 5,049 5,716
Alleybux
London Is home for me. Home is not always perfect though but it is where I feel most comfortable, if I am honest.

One of the best things about London I like about being, is feeling like I in the centre of the world. This is because it is really easy to just jump on a plane or train and be in any country you wish. e.g. to mainland Europe for a day or fly to nyc for a weekend. Hopefully after this pandemic we can get back to normal.

It is also a very diverse city as you’ll find communities from most nationalities in the world here so you can easily enjoy global cuisine without leaving the city.

Last edited:

Lexonfiyah

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,826 447 181
Alleybux
It's definitely been a different experience since covid hit. I used to think it was the best place on earth but having hardly left my house in the past year, I realised that there's not much to London once all the entertainment and restaurants shut down. I guess the same would be true of most places though.
The bolded. But I guess those places that have a lot of nature readily available besides the big city life are probably great to be. Like those pretty places with all the mountains, hills, lakes, etc. Or probably living it up.

heirloom

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,248 212 92
Alleybux
The bolded. But I guess those places that have a lot of nature readily available besides the big city life are probably great to be. Like those pretty places with all the mountains, hills, lakes, etc. Or probably living it up.
About 50% of London is green space which is one of the reasons I love London. It is so diverse. I just wish it was a bit cheaper

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,160 7,428 1,115
Alleybux
I’ve never even been there but I’m curious. I’m asking this about a lot of cities. At first it was just national and in the US but I think I’ll go international. And it’s morning in London.

Ok I will give my input . As a black american woman I have lived there in short stints like of 1-2 months mostly in the fall and winters .

It reminds me of NYC but its cleaner and the people are more chilled and accommodating. There is a train system called the tube and it goes everywhere then you have the buses also . You dont need a car there and most of everything is walkable in that city and it is pretty easy to get around. However do not ride that mess during peak hours as that mess stays packed like sardines but non peak hours is much better.

They have alot of parks and museums that can be visited for free. Then there a bunch of castles for a small fee . Also I like there is alot of these in the arts to do . London has alot of theater plays, festivals, and carnivals that go on yearly . I was always going to some musical theater plays.
Also I even went to one of their libraries one time and they had a damn piano in the library to use for free. lol Talk about being shocked . That was near White Chapel somewhere not sure where exactly.

After work hours I noticed alot of Londoners are drinkers they will go to bars and pubs and hang out either inside or outside of it for hours upon hours. They have alot of live music bar spots like all over that city . I found alot of spots that play American 80s soul music. I went to one that was playing Prince old school songs via a live band.

Food wise, It was hit or miss for me. Me being from the South in the US . I notice alot of them food places do not season food. I was always carrying my sauce seasoning packets alot with hot sauce . lol
Grocery stores are good, they got alot of healthy selections to choose to cook from I shopped at Tesco and Salibury alot.

As American , these folks when they find out you are one will always be asking you about US politics and why they do this and that . What is wrong with the police and so on . lol I dont know why but these foreigners be knowing so much about the US it is nuts.

Next. London is very expensive for living expenses the closer you stay in the city in certain area. However the further you go from the city it gets cheaper. I rented a room in a flat , I think I was paying that about $1700 to 1800 USD a month however I was not too far walking distance from Kinginston Palace and the train line. The room had a kitchenette , with bathroom a big window faces the street. It felt like a master bed room size similar in the US. However on average most rooms not like that tho.
With the pandemic going on , I wonder has this stuff gotten any cheaper

Last thing, London is a good place for connections on a cheap to other Europe cities via train or my airplane. These folks stay taking trips to other countries probably cause you can get them for under $100 dollars .

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,160 7,428 1,115
Alleybux
It is pretty much like that for most of the US major cities right now. SF, LA , NYC and Chicago are meh right now but for good reason .

Lexonfiyah

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,826 447 181
Alleybux
Ok I will give my input . As a black american woman I have lived there in short stints like of 1-2 months mostly in the fall and winters .

It reminds me of NYC but its cleaner and the people are more chilled and accommodating. There is a train system called the tube and it goes everywhere then you have the buses also . You dont need a car there and most of everything is walkable in that city and it is pretty easy to get around. However do not ride that mess during peak hours as that mess stays packed like sardines but non peak hours is much better.

They have alot of parks and museums that can be visited for free. Then there a bunch of castles for a small fee . Also I like there is alot of these in the arts to do . London has alot of theater plays, festivals, and carnivals that go on yearly . I was always going to some musical theater plays.
Also I even went to one of their libraries one time and they had a damn piano in the library to use for free. lol Talk about being shocked . That was near White Chapel somewhere not sure where exactly.

After work hours I noticed alot of Londoners are drinkers they will go to bars and pubs and hang out either inside or outside of it for hours upon hours. They have alot of live music bar spots like all over that city . I found alot of spots that play American 80s soul music. I went to one that was playing Prince old school songs via a live band.

Food wise, It was hit or miss for me. Me being from the South in the US . I notice alot of them food places do not season food. I was always carrying my sauce seasoning packets alot with hot sauce . lol
Grocery stores are good, they got alot of healthy selections to choose to cook from I shopped at Tesco and Salibury alot.

As American , these folks when they find out you are one will always be asking you about US politics and why they do this and that . What is wrong with the police and so on . lol I dont know why but these foreigners be knowing so much about the US it is nuts.

Next. London is very expensive for living expenses the closer you stay in the city in certain area. However the further you go from the city it gets cheaper. I rented a room in a flat , I think I was paying that about $1700 to 1800 USD a month however I was not too far walking distance from Kinginston Palace and the train line. The room had a kitchenette , with bathroom a big window faces the street. It felt like a master bed room size similar in the US. However on average most rooms not like that tho.
With the pandemic going on , I wonder has this stuff gotten any cheaper

Last thing, London is a good place for connections on a cheap to other Europe cities via train or my airplane. These folks stay taking trips to other countries probably cause you can get them for under $100 dollars .
London actually sounds cool. Maybe, I’ll visit some day. Yes, British ppl always seem to ask us about American politics. I’ve experienced that online. They want us to answer for all America’s doings. They’ll ask me about random racist ignorant whites when I’m clearly Black. I experienced this with a British guy I met online.