Quantcast

How Does Rap Benefit A Black Woman? And Why Continue To Support It.

Individual

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,331 1,268 399
Alleybux
I’m curious about something like why do black women still support misogynistic male rappers despite these males past towards black women, younger black girls or their past of being xesual predators, abusive nature and/or colorism. I know those of us do exist who listen to other genres but I have to ask this.

I always sit back and will watch black women holler and fight about how black males disrespects them, mistreat them and they always mis-using this quote:

“The most disrespected person in America is the Black woman. The most unprotected person in America is the Black woman. The most neglected person in America is the Black woman.”—Malcolm X

I have seen black women always using this quote or using all these hashtags for black women to get support in certain social issues but then they’ll still be fans of these rap dudes Da Baby, Lil’Baby, Tupac (here’s an article regarding him and Delores Tucker:
Full link is here: Shakur's lyrics attacking 'gangsta rap' critic are protected as opinion - The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

Months before he died in 1996, rapper Tupac Shakur released a record that twice criticized C. Dolores Tucker, former secretary of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and former chair of the Democratic National Committee Black Caucus. Tucker had led a crusade against “gangsta rap.”

One of the songs that referred to Tucker, “How Do U Want It,” says, “Delores Tucker, yous a muthafucka, instead of trying to help a ***** you destroy a brotha, . . . you too old to understand the way the game’s told.” In the other song, Shakur says, “Dear Ms. Delores Tucker, you keep stressin’ me, fµck!n with a motherfuckin’ mind. I figured you wanted to know, you know, why we call them ho’s b!tches. . . . It’s strictly business, baby, strictly business.”

Tucker responded to the songs by suing Shakur’s estate and various recording companies, distributors and retailers in federal District Court in 1997.

She argued that Shakur portrayed her as a traitor when he knew that she was not. Because Shakur’s 5 million fans considered Shakur a “god,” Tucker also argued, they would take Shakur’s lyrics to be facts, not opinion. She also argued that the lyrics invited Shakur’s fans to “eliminate” her.

Snopp Dogg, Kanye West, 80s/90s black male rappers or 2000s black male rappers and supporting these guys platforms and downwind money, streaming their musics as well. I know there’s more rappers as well who have said toxic things regarding black women in general. These males get forgiven all the time and black women give these guys all this support.

How are you going to be complaining about how nobody respects you but you can sit and listen to black male rappers or musics cursing you out, laughing at you or degrading your womanhood or something. I don’t get or understand how this can process in certain women minds or something.

I have realized black women will be supporting hip hop males who wouldn’t bat an eye towards black women issues or support a black woman period but they’ll be worshipping, crying and praising these males. Then when these males die/or be deceased all of them are crying like these hip hop males meant so much to them or like hip hop has benefited black women.

I want to know how and when did hip hop benefit black women? Also please don’t come in here “all lives mattering” this because no no. Ok I am speaking specifically on black male rappers and all that. Also, I’m not talking about black women rappers as well I’m not about to discuss them because that’s another thread for another day. How does this black male hip hop music serve you as a woman? What do you get out of hearing males rap about these things and how does this empower you or makes you feel good about yourself?

My opinion: I don’t support hip hop because it’s culture misogynistic and it’s male identified. I want to hear everybody opinion except males don’t come here in this thread you’re not allowed. Open to genuine discussions and opinions without bµllsh!t or bias points or throwing other black women under the bus
Examples Of misogynistic BS:

"My little sister's birthday / She'll remember me / For a gift I had ten of my boys take her virginity." - Bizarre​

Bizarre is the only member of D12 that can compete with Eminem for bottom of the barrel misogyny.

"You ain't gonna let me f*ck you and I feel you / But you gone suck my d*ck, or I'll kill you." - Chief Keef​

"b!tches ain't sh*t but hoes and tricks / Lick on these nuts and suck the d*ck." - Snoop Dogg​

More on Snopp Dogg:
In May 2013 he told Rolling Stone that he had been a pimp in the early days of his music career, and that it was the realisation of a childhood dream.

"As a kid I dreamed of being a pimp, I dreamed of having cars and clothes and b!tches to match. I said, 'F**k it - I'm finna do it.'" he told the magazine.

"I put an organization together," he said. "I did a Playboy tour, and I had a bus follow me with ten b!tches on it. I could fire a b!tch, f**k a b!tch, get a new ho: It was my program. City to city, titty to titty, hotel room to hotel room, athlete to athlete, entertainer to entertainer."
There’s way more.

Last edited:

Individual

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,331 1,268 399
Alleybux
Great question and I lost respect from Tupac when he called C Delores Tucker a motherfµcker.
Then the way he cursed her out and then still try to justify it as something good to call women B’s & H’s. He was nothing to be praising either, he sighed out black women as well and used them for xes too (Tupac), “Around We Go” whatever that sh*t was call so called “classic” record he was calling women “hoez” and letting the world now he’s a player and only wanted xes from a woman. Basically saying they don’t respect women at all and only wanted xes. Black women sit and be still bump these nasty songs, cursing songs or them basically telling you. The beat fly to them so they believe it’s a vibe smh.

That’s why I never understand black women obsessions with these black male rappers because their musics was misogyny, xesual exploitation and even violent murder songs to or them stunting on broke b*tches which is black women in all reality. How you can sit calm and just sit back jamming to that stuff like that. I grew up around the faux black community so I know who these males are very well and have heard those songs as a little kid around me. The cookouts the parties all that mess. They even bump these musics around these children to even the black girl children.

Last edited:

Amandabby22

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
424,174 10,583 6,680
Alleybux
I don’t keep up with rappers outside of them playing on my Apple Music playlist so I don’t feel like I’m any less of a woman because of that. I listen to everything because I love everything regarding music.

#2 I get tired of being expected to be in women’s empowerment mode 24/7 by other BW’s standards. If I want to listen to a hip hop album in my headphones in the privacy of my home then respect my decision and leave me the hell alone about it. This doesn’t mean that I’m not down for the same cause as you either & it’s offensive that other BW automatically label you as being all types of horrid things because we handle things differently. Sometimes I just want to be human and enjoy worldly things/ guilty pleasures like everyone else gets to do without being made to feel guilty about it.

If you tell me “I don’t support hip hop” my response isn’t going to be “Why?!?!”... it’s going to be “okay” because that’s your decision. I don’t understand why so many BW online feel like they have the authority to make other BW answer to them and explain themselves. There’s no answer I or any other BW on this board could give that would be good enough for you regarding this question.

Last edited:

Red Sonja

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,611 10,514 8,098
Alleybux
It is mainly hood rat women who embrace it but most black women don't like rap. Another is that black women listen to through their black male relatives or signficgant other.

Individual

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,331 1,268 399
Alleybux
I don’t keep up with rappers outside of them playing on my Apple Music playlist so I don’t feel like I’m any less of a woman because of that. I listen to everything because I love everything regarding music.

#2 I get tired of being expected to be in women’s empowerment mode 24/7 by other BW’s standards. If I want to listen to a hip hop album in my headphones in the privacy of my home then respect my decision and leave me the hell alone about it. This doesn’t mean that I’m not down for the same cause as you either & it’s offensive that other BW automatically label you as being all types of horrid things because we handle things differently. Sometimes I just want to be human and enjoy worldly things/ guilty pleasures like everyone else gets to do without being made to feel guilty about it.

If you tell me “I don’t support hip hop” my response isn’t going to be “Why?!?!”... it’s going to be “okay” because that’s your decision. I don’t understand why so many BW online feel like they have the authority to make other BW answer to them and explain themselves. There’s no answer I or any other BW on this board could give that would be good enough for you regarding this question.
okay well leave the thread why bother to come in here. Irrelevant response.

Individual

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,331 1,268 399
Alleybux
It is mainly hood rat women who embrace it but most black women don't like rap. Another is that black women listen to through their black male relatives or signficgant other.
i just said don’t come in here calling black women names or throwing them under the bus. You’re not my type of font please exist my thread. Your comment is false because there’s black women from higher backgrounds that be supporting male rappers as well. Everytime these dudes passes away y’all up and crying as if he was your family or something. It’s not that deep at all. I am not discussing black women at all or black women rappers.

Last edited:

Amandabby22

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
424,174 10,583 6,680
Alleybux
You definitely have to come here. I see Tupac in your avatar or whatever. I’m not expecting you to be on woman empowerment but I asked a question. If you don’t like leave out my thread and have a nice day girl.
You asked for our opinion and then get mad when you don’t like the response.

What type of answer were you expecting? You asked a question and I gave you honesty. Did you want us to lie or did you want a circle jerk?

Individual

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,331 1,268 399
Alleybux
You asked for our opinion and then get mad when you don’t like the response.

What type of answer were you expecting? You asked a question and I gave you honesty. Did you want us to lie or did you want a circle jerk?
No I wanted a honest discuss about the misogynistic culture of rap and all these black males who have passed away recently black women always supporting these men in everything they do.

You also have Tupac in your avatar as well and I specifically listed him cursing out Delores Tucker for saying she was tryna stop his ass from cursing out black women in those songs of his. Trying to justify that it’s okay to call women B’s & H’s because he wasn’t no saint at all. If you’re not gonna contribute to my OP because you don’t cherish your womanhood like some of us do then exit your ass out my thread . This is feminist alley? Right? I made it for a reason for a genuine discussion. If you wanna support and love those black males carry your ass and keep streaming their musics, like I said y’all make these black males richer and richer they will NEVER place black women as representation and they go off and adore/support non black women.

I’m saying the misogynistic culture, I asked how do women absorbed that type of music and still vibe to it while it’s saying all type of curse words. You cape for black men and I know you do. If you’re gonna all lives matter I’m not interested. You and the other font, you two should leave because y’all not the ones for this conversations. I’m not forcing nobody to be women empowerment all day long. I asked a simple question. That’s all I asked. Goodbye and don’t come back. I’m not the font you want to try at all. I asked a nice genuine question in my OP with a respectable approach to converse with real black women who knows what I’m discussing or asking. Take this BS to entertainment alley somewhere.

Last edited:

Amandabby22

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
424,174 10,583 6,680
Alleybux
No I wanted a honest discuss about the misogynistic culture of rap. You cape for black men and I know you do. If you’re gonna all lives matter I’m not interested. You and the other font, you two should leave because y’all not the ones for this conversations. I’m not forcing nobody to be women empowerment all day long. I asked a simple question. That’s all I asked. Goodbye and don’t come back.

You jumped up here and made a assumption about me based off nothing when I came in here and answered your question honestly like you asked. I’ll perch up and down this thread and I dare you to report me for derailment because even a blind man would see my post was on topic & answered your question. You just didn’t like it.

Get over yourself.

Individual

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,331 1,268 399
Alleybux
You jumped up here and made a assumption about me based off nothing when I came in here and answered your question honestly like you asked. I’ll perch up and down this thread and I dare you to report me for derailment because even a blind man would see my post was on topic & answered your question. You just didn’t like it.

Get over yourself.
No get over yourself, goodbye and have a nice day before I report you for derailing. You are weak and conquered and I know your font. For someone who don’t like their womanhood you shouldn’t be in this forum #blockedhandmaiden4life #RIP

biibliophile3

Prolifically passionate
Reaction score
Reactions
32,935 863 410
Alleybux
No I wanted a honest discuss about the misogynistic culture of rap and all these black males who have passed away recently black women always supporting these men in everything they do.

You also have Tupac in your avatar as well and I specifically listed him cursing out Delores Tucker for saying she was tryna stop his ass from cursing out black women in those songs of his. Trying to justify that it’s okay to call women B’s & H’s because he wasn’t no saint at all. If you’re not gonna contribute to my OP because you don’t cherish your womanhood like some of do then exit your ass out my thread . This is feminist alley? Right? I made it for a reason for a genuine discussion. If you wanna support and love those male carry your ass and keep streaming their musics.

I’m saying the misogynistic culture, I asked how do women absorbed that type of music and still vibe to it while it’s saying all type of curse words. You cape for black men and I know you do. If you’re gonna all lives matter I’m not interested. You and the other font, you two should leave because y’all not the ones for this conversations. I’m not forcing nobody to be women empowerment all day long. I asked a simple question. That’s all I asked. Goodbye and don’t come back. I’m not the font you want to try at all. I asked a nice genuine question in my OP with a respectable approach to converse with real black women who knows what I’m discussing or asking. Take this BS to entertainment alley somewhere.

Everything Ms Tucker said was true

Caremel44

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,417 319 24
Alleybux
RAP doesn’t benefit black women. I’m glad I stop listening, hearing men call women b!tches, goes, and that’s is fµck!ng tiring. I don’t get the hype about Tupac and Biggie. They’re both hella disrespectful as hell to black women. Honestly I don’t feel sad when rappers die. Why should I grieve for someone who calls me all type of derogative names?

Last edited:

shishifufu

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,787 2,483 2,246
Alleybux
RAP doesn’t benefit black women. I’m glad I stop listening, hearing men call women b!tches, goes, and that’s is fµck!ng tiring. I don’t get the hype about Tupac and Biggie. They’re both hella disrespectful as hell to block women. Honestly I don’t feel sad when rappers die. Why should I grieve for someone who calls me all type of derogative names?
Exactly

Individual

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,331 1,268 399
Alleybux
RAP doesn’t benefit black women. I’m glad I stop listening, hearing men call women b!tches, goes, and that’s is fµck!ng tiring. I don’t get the hype about Tupac and Biggie. They’re both hella disrespectful as hell to black women. Honestly I don’t feel sad when rappers die. Why should I grieve for someone who calls me all type of derogative names?
Yasss all of this. Yes those two was misogynistic as hell and didn’t care about women like that. Yes I don’t feel bad when neither of them pass away either they were misogynistic, colorist or anti-black woman some where in their careers.

Cocobutttercup

Lip syncing queen
Reaction score
Reactions
202,471 12,952 2,131
Alleybux
Yasss all of this. Yes those two was misogynistic as hell and didn’t care about women like that. Yes I don’t feel bad when neither of them pass away either they were misogynistic, colorist or anti-black woman some where in their careers.

OP have you thought about creating a private group for like minded black women? We could discuss similar topics with other bw on here. He was a good rapper and had good flow, but he died by the image he promoted. A little off topic, I never understood the hype in his looks. I mean he was good looking, but nothing special. I thought DMX in his 20s was better looking anyway.

BobbeeJonsun

I'm always confused
Reaction score
Reactions
23,212 1,760 1,530
Alleybux
There are some good rap artists out there but (not to sound like a hipster) they aren't mainstream. Shabazz Palaces are really good! Sometimes I can listen to mainstream rap music but not for too long because it does kind of mess with me. I didn't believe in low vibration music before but now I do. It can be too much to constantly hear the same message over and over again.

Individual

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,331 1,268 399
Alleybux
OP have you thought about creating a private group for like minded black women? We could discuss similar topics with other bw on here. He was a good rapper and had good flow, but he died by the image he promoted. A little off topic, I never understood the hype in his looks. I mean he was good looking, but nothing special. I thought DMX in his 20s was better looking anyway.
I thought about it but it would only be for woke black women because LSA is still black male identified and I don’t trust these fonts here. A lot of them are huge fans of these dudes while still complaining. So no I won’t make any. I never liked neither of these 2 and never understood how any of them could be called attractive.
I’ll add woke fonts and I’ll let them talk about anything they want and post good threads to without people saying some white or this or that. It would be a variety of topics. I’ll definitely add @coco2thepuff99 because she drops gems and woke. Those the fonts I’ll add her, the other ladies to Ren80 all them. It also would be limited.

Cocobutttercup

Lip syncing queen
Reaction score
Reactions
202,471 12,952 2,131
Alleybux
I thought about it but it would only be for woke black women because LSA is still black male identified and I don’t trust these fonts here. A lot of them are huge fans of these dudes while still complaining. So no I won’t make any. I never liked neither of these 2 and never understood how any of them could be called attractive.
I’ll add woke fonts and I’ll let them talk about anything they want and post good threads to without people saying some white or this or that. It would be a variety of topics. I’ll definitely add @coco2thepuff99 because she drops gems and woke. Those the fonts I’ll add her, the other ladies to Ren80 all them. It also would be limited.

Ok cool. I will admit I was a fan of DMX, but I don’t mind threads like your yours because I can see past celebrity status and see them as humans. I’ve been reading fonts post like yours and coco and listening to commentaries on YouTube and they make sense. Also the Ma’kiyah thread opened my eyes about how the excuses for excessive force came out for her but if she were a black boy there would be outrage.

Individual

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,331 1,268 399
Alleybux
Ok cool. I will admit I was a fan of DMX, but I don’t mind threads like your yours because I can see past celebrity status and see them as humans. I’ve been reading fonts post like yours and coco and listening to commentaries on YouTube and they make sense. Also the Ma’kiyah thread opened my eyes about how the excuses for excessive force came out for her but if she were a black boy there would be outrage.
Keep going and reading, keep your mind open and it will all make sense. Yes black people are obsessed with these black male celebrities and can’t see through the bs especially black women. That dude shock G where all them gushing over him. I saw where outside of LSA black women already said he was into white blonde girls and wasn’t stunting black women. Black women always mourning these black males when they die girl something wrong with them. Yep we be telling people they throw black women or girls under the bus like that young girl. I got on timeout because of that thread, I was heated. You notice it’s gone, I bet there will never be any updates regarding that thread on here like they did GF thread the other day praising god he found “justice”. She’s going to be forgotten ASAP. The fonts in there were disgusting & distasteful. A lot them was saying they would’ve shot her too girl, it was disgusting. A lot of misogyny was in that thread to and bias people.

Last edited:

DiorGlow

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
127,714 576 208
Alleybux
I don’t get it either, especially the way this board erupted in emotion when DMX/Black Rob died. I didn’t think either one deserved all of that emotion based on their lyrics alone but I guess LSA did.

Individual

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,331 1,268 399
Alleybux
I don’t get it either, especially the way this board erupted in emotion when DMX/Black Rob died. I didn’t think either one deserved all of that emotion based on their lyrics alone but I guess LSA did.
Yes

Bubblyflute

Verified black
Reaction score
Reactions
159,185 7,026 3,410
Alleybux
What do black women gain from supporting misogyny in hip hop or derailing discussions about it ? This is an article from 2015 where a black woman says that critiquing hip hop is racist and we need to critique all other forms of music. The problem is that rap is objectively more sexist and I would add racist (calling black men and women monkeys, making comments about black women's appearance) than country music, pop, rock and roll, etc. And even if it wasn't I don't know why black women feel like they need to be "fair" when critiquing rap or black male centered culture. Even if people critique rap more harshly it doesn't matter since black women stand to gain. Calling out country music sexism doesn't affect black women, because very few black women are involved in that sub culture. Rap hates women in general, but white women are not going to be culturally affected by it because they are not as a collective influenced by rap culture. Black women and girls even those not into rap are going to be more affected by the women hate in rap.

Read below

raynepayne

COZY.
Reaction score
Reactions
79,831 2,088 676
Alleybux
It’s just programming tbh. now I know MUCH better and have been made aware of misogyny, etc I don’t like it at all. I honestly don’t listen to much rap as it is now. Im more of a rnb girlie but even some of that is toxic..

Like recently it jus Dawned on me how many drinks-Miguel is about date rape?!..
but you a drank- tpain, blame it- Jamie fox’s?

It’s literally everywhere so I guess the excuses come In cuz it’s unavoidable.

This video really opened my eyes to this topic as well:

HumanDior

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,812 217 241
Alleybux
people are used to hearing bw being degraded in music unfortunately. They think it's normal when it's highly dysfunctional.

EvaKitt

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
90,913 4,655 3,994
Alleybux
I was definitely conditioned to think it's normal. Also the whole virgin/hoe complex. "I'm a good girl so they aren't talking about me in those rap songs". It took me a while to realize how fµcked rap culture is.

Black women need to wake up.

VeganBae

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,328 167 150
Alleybux
I never really paid attention to the lyrics until I got older. When I did start paying attention I felt like I wasn’t the type of woman they were rapping about. I have learned that rap has a major cultural influence that for the most part is not positive. The image that is painted of black women in rap music has many in society viewing us that way as a whole.

Perfected

Megan's Law, the wife of Raphael Saadiq.
Reaction score
Reactions
298,064 3,330 849
Alleybux
What makes the author believe the ones being critical of hip hop aren't critical of other genres? This is why we'll never get to the root of the problem, because some use "whataboutisms" as a way to deflect.

Hip Hop is one of, if not the most celebrated and imitated genre in music. Everything slowly but surely went down hill with gangstas rap. We've allowed it to go on for so long, and now it's outta control. Men in hip hop have literally helped the powers that be create a billion dollar franchise debasing and dehumanizing our image on a global scale, and it doesn't help that a great deal of black people underestimate the power of media. This rhetoric has slowly but surely shaped how we're approached and treated within society. Don't get me wrong, there's a great deal of women that adhere to the toxicity but even still we're considered a loud minority. For every woman like you and I that feel we should do away with this, there are four who'll continue to nod their head to the music.

Bubblyflute

Verified black
Reaction score
Reactions
159,185 7,026 3,410
Alleybux
It’s just programming tbh. now I know MUCH better and have been made aware of misogyny, etc I don’t like it at all. I honestly don’t listen to much rap as it is now. Im more of a rnb girlie but even some of that is toxic..

Like recently it jus Dawned on me how many drinks-Miguel is about date rape?!..
but you a drank- tpain, blame it- Jamie fox’s?

It’s literally everywhere so I guess the excuses come In cuz it’s unavoidable.

This video really opened my eyes to this topic as well:

Really great but sad video.

Mamadab

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,472 1,512 682
Alleybux
Idk about other women but I don't relate to rap so I don't take it seriously. It's easy for me to disconnect from the lyrics because I don't hang out with these types of people irl. I will say, I don't listen to hip hop a lot anymore because it's so low vibrational.

saidsum

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,718 197 144
Alleybux
What makes the author believe the ones being critical of hip hop aren't critical of other genres? This is why we'll never get to the root of the problem, because some use "whataboutisms" as a way to deflect.

Hip Hop is one of, if not the most celebrated and imitated genre in music. Everything slowly but surely went down hill with gangstas rap. We've allowed it to go on for so long, and now it's outta control. Men in hip hop have literally helped the powers that be create a billion dollar franchise debasing and dehumanizing our image on a global scale, and it doesn't help that a great deal of black people underestimate the power of media. This rhetoric has slowly but surely shaped how we're approached and treated within society. Don't get me wrong, there's a great deal of women that adhere to the toxicity but even still we're considered a loud minority. For every woman like you and I that feel we should do away with this, there are four who'll continue to nod their head to the music.
What do you guys mean when you say powers that be ?

violetred

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,441 678 340
Alleybux
The community isnt allowed to acknowledge misogyny. Some women feel that any sort of representation is a good one.

StarStealing

You’re not a real feminist if males aren’t mad
Reaction score
Reactions
26,284 2,487 928
Alleybux
I never felt comfortable with the hyper-sexuality of black women in all media. Black girls and women are always sexualized in media.( Cuties. The lead is black girl.) Black girls are always painted as mature and less innocent than their white peers which allow predators to exploit them (Aaliyah).
And when black women report a rape they are less likely to be believed due to this narrative media has painted for us

Last edited: