Quantcast

How Is Charlotte, NC For Single Professionals?

Itiswhatitis85

East Coast hoppin
Reaction score
Reactions
20,846 885 394
Alleybux
Why? It’s really not much going here. I would move Dallas before NC. Our upscale areas here are being ransacked by northerners so the COL is out of control.

Why not? Charlotte is up and coming and has a great job market for black folks with their isht together. If you're an aspiring black entrepreneur then this is the city. It's affordable compared to DFW, Houston and has several upscale areas here. That's rare these days.

For the love of God, Charlotte is NOTHING like the rest of NC, and thank God it's not like that. So stop trying to diminish this place to NC. You know this so stop the nonsense.

Itiswhatitis85

East Coast hoppin
Reaction score
Reactions
20,846 885 394
Alleybux
How is daing in atlanta for black women who date outside of their race?
It's a mixed bag. If you're dating interracial then you might need to be in Douglas, Henry, Rockdale, or Cobb counties in Metro Atlanta. That's where the non-black males apt to date black women reside and live.

Prosecutor014

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
130,768 2,803 930
Alleybux
Why not? Charlotte is up and coming and has a great job market for black folks with their isht together. If you're an aspiring black entrepreneur then this is the city. It's affordable compared to DFW, Houston and has several upscale areas here. That's rare these days.

For the love of God, Charlotte is NOTHING like the rest of NC, and thank God it's not like that. So stop trying to diminish this place to NC. You know this so stop the nonsense.

Why are you so pressed and angry? Everyone has different opinions. I was born in raised in NC I can speak on the area. I said what I said.

Southernchic

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
317,418 10,644 3,127
Alleybux
Why are you so pressed and angry? Everyone has different opinions. I was born in raised in NC I can speak on the area. I said what I said.
Yes the Charlotte housing market doesn’t look so good. For one, the new construction homes I saw online cost more than metro Atlanta’s and Charlotte isn’t a big hub like Atlanta is and this is not me advocating for Atlanta because I hate it here too lol but I don’t see the need to move to Charlotte unless you’re fine with renting.

Itiswhatitis85

East Coast hoppin
Reaction score
Reactions
20,846 885 394
Alleybux
Yes the Charlotte housing market doesn’t look so good. For one, the new construction homes I saw online cost more than metro Atlanta’s and Charlotte isn’t a big hub like Atlanta is and this is not me advocating for Atlanta because I hate it here too lol but I don’t see the need to move to Charlotte unless you’re fine with renting.
It's because there was 40-45K new residents who moved to here in 2020 alone. (Word is Charlotte is accelerating even more now than before that because it's becoming known as a nice yet racially diverse city for black professionals & entrepreneurs.) Meanwhile, barely any new construction was added last year (mainly due to the pandemic stalling development financing).

Don't be fooled by those listings, you can still get a new construction in Steele Creek, Huntersville, Concord, Kannapolis, Mooresville, Matthews, Belmont, Rock Hill, Fort Mill, and Indian Trail at a much cheaper starting price mid $200K point than most desired suburban areas around Atlanta, which starts in the $300K+

However, you'll have to await for the supply to catch up to the demand here. It's likely going to take nearly another year for that to occur because of the delayed starts on several new housing developments around Metro Charlotte.

ChocolateCandi

Blackistan is a Mysoginistic Country
Reaction score
Reactions
36,745 2,326 1,255
Alleybux
My husband’s parents and sister just moved to Charlotte and he is trying to convince us to move there from NOVA. His mom and sister have both tried to talk me into it separately. I’m not really sold. Charlotte seems boring and it is not a city that is worth leaving my family in the DMV for. Also, I don’t feel comfortable moving down there with only his folks. Why should his parents have easier access to our future children and not mine? Especially since my mother says she’ll help me take care of them. Anyways, don’t mind me. I’m in my feelings.

posh42

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,305 86 22
Alleybux
Not sure if anyone can answer this but trying to decide between moving to Charlotte or the DMV area. I’m 26, no kids, not married and just looking for a fresh start. I Want to meet some new friends and enjoy these last few years of my 20s. Any referrals between the two (CLT or DMV) ?

ChocolateCandi

Blackistan is a Mysoginistic Country
Reaction score
Reactions
36,745 2,326 1,255
Alleybux
Not sure if anyone can answer this but trying to decide between moving to Charlotte or the DMV area. I’m 26, no kids, not married and just looking for a fresh start. I Want to meet some new friends and enjoy these last few years of my 20s. Any referrals between the two (CLT or DMV) ?
The DMV will be a fun place to enjoy the rest of your 20s. However, you’re better of moving to Charlotte if marriage is a priority for you. Black men in the South are more open to that and you will get snatched up as someone who is young and childless. Also, there are more young mothers in the South so the competition won’t be as bad. In the DMV, there are too many women like you and the black men like to enjoy their options as as long possible. The dating scene is only a little bit better than Atlanta’s IMO.

posh42

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,305 86 22
Alleybux
The DMV will be a fun place to enjoy the rest of your 20s. However, you’re better of moving to Charlotte if marriage is a priority for you. Black men in the South are more open to that and you will get snatched up as someone who is young and childless. Also, there are more young mothers in the South so the competition won’t be as bad. In the DMV, there are too many women like you and the black men like to enjoy their options as as long possible. The dating scene is only a little bit better than Atlanta’s IMO.
Thank you so much for this! Very helpful

Prosecutor014

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
130,768 2,803 930
Alleybux

It’s terrible in majority of the metro areas of NC. Northerners have been moving here in droves and the COL is through the roof! There was a study done 6 yrs ago and over 60 percent of the ppl in my city are transplants from the northeast!

When I was finishing up ungrad I looked at an apartment in a nice suburb and rent was like 1350. That was in 2015.

Melinaroberts2

MVP
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
6,296 918 901
Alleybux
This is borderline hate speech right here. Maybe stop using your bad experiences with Pooky & Tyrone and generalizing all black men?

It will be glorious when that swirler gets her wakeup call.
Your kangz been abandoning you (yall have the highest child abandonment rate), talking sh!t about you to the world, beating you up (y’all have the highest DV rates), killing you every 6.5 hours, fetishizing tf out of your body, not providing for y’all (80% of y’all are the breadwinners), harassing y’all on the street, constantly cheating on y’all, praising other races over y’all when will you get your wake up call. All that disrespect wasn’t enough? Your men don’t fµck!ng like you and is actively trynna get other ppl to not like you too. She’s right but stay delusional

Del3t3m3

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,348 1,427 143
Alleybux
I’ve been here 2 years and I feel like charlotte can be a secret society. They’re very hbcu proud & very divine 9 proud. It is their identity so as some one who isn’t from here nor apart of either it is hard to relate.

A lot of young blacks attend mad miles run club. It’s a great place to meet people. Eclectic soul
Sessions on Thursdays at members only is cool too. Meeting people at those two places alone can give you an idea of the various black groups here.

Itiswhatitis85

East Coast hoppin
Reaction score
Reactions
20,846 885 394
Alleybux
I’ve been here 2 years and I feel like charlotte can be a secret society. They’re very hbcu proud & very divine 9 proud. It is their identity so as some one who isn’t from here nor apart of either it is hard to relate.

A lot of young blacks attend mad miles run club. It’s a great place to meet people. Eclectic soul
Sessions on Thursdays at members only are cool too. Meeting people at those two places alone can give you an idea of the various black groups here.
That's true. Eventbrite is your best outlet of finding all of the black-oriented events in the Metro Charlotte area. Also joining the Urban League Young Professionals chapter here is also how you can meet other younger black professionals in Charlotte.