Quantcast

How is Dating in Toronto? ( Online)

vonne2490

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
108,936 11,363 7,080
Alleybux
Sorry for the late response I had to make a new account. Black Americans overall are better they talk more they will bring you places it's not just relationships it's friendships as well. my family is Jamaican and the Jamaicans who migrate to America still act the same way they did in Jamaica the ones who move here act completely different and most of them are ashamed of their culture don't even want to speak the language anymore.

I honestly hate being here and wouldn't advise anyone to move here if they have the choice to pick America. I tell all my friends back in Jamaica to move to the states Canada is not it! Racism is here as well so not much difference there is rarely any black support..I will get bash for this but black Canadians are weird af if they have never traveled outside Canada they are basically just white people in black skin..most people here only want to talk to people they went to high school with when I was in Philly I mad so many friends in a short period of time when I visited family in New York same thing it was so refreshing to walk in a store and people strike up a conversation with you and they don't even know you..man I really hope I get to leave one-day my depression Is worse than ever I have lived in Jamaica went through hunger and still preferred being there than being here smh.
very strange. I have lived in toronto my whole life, jamaicans here rep their culture even up to the 3rd generation.....Ive never met a jamaican that was ashamed of being jamaican. There a lot who will speak patios before they speak proper English. Most of the black carribeans here are proud of their heritage as well.

When I visit my family in the states some of them rep America first before they rep their carribean backround. They have been brainwashed by American patriotism and its sad af. My relatives in England are worse off. They're gonners.

Torontos not perfect but to say that most Jamaicans here are in a sunken place is a lie

Kittkatimeow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,103 84 29
Alleybux
very strange. I have lived in toronto my whole life, jamaicans here rep their culture even up to the 3rd generation.....Ive never met a jamaican that was ashamed of being jamaican. There a lot who will speak patios before they speak proper English. Most of the black carribeans here are proud of their heritage as well.

When I visit my family in the states some of them rep America first before they rep their carribean backround. They have been brainwashed by American patriotism and its sad af. My relatives in England are worse off. They're gonners.

Torontos not perfect but to say that most Jamaicans here are in a sunken place is a lie
None of my Jamaican relatives and friends in the states rep America more than Jamaica they all speak patwa same way unless they went to the states at a very young age. All the Carribean people I have met in America have so much vibez and everyone lives as one especially in New York the whole place was a vibe full of life Toronto isn't perfect it sucks it's boring and depressing you lived here your whole life that's why your defending it there is no black culture here just a bunch of copy cats who don't even say Jamaican slangs properly black Canadians just take off black Americans and Jamaican culture because they know they live in snow flake land and have no real culture that's why women here are marrying men from different countries they are bored I know a girl who is Canadian she went to Barbados with her friend now she is obsessed because she felt what it is like to live for once her confidence sky rocket and she's not a ugly girl at all this place isn't good for anyone mentally especially black people.

PoeticPisces

Too young for MySpace, too old for Tik Tok
Reaction score
Reactions
95,287 2,654 869
Alleybux
None of my Jamaican relatives and friends in the states rep America more than Jamaica they all speak patwa same way unless they went to the states at a very young age. All the Carribean people I have met in America have so much vibez and everyone lives as one especially in New York the whole place was a vibe full of life Toronto isn't perfect it sucks it's boring and depressing you lived here your whole life that's why your defending it there is no black culture here just a bunch of copy cats who don't even say Jamaican slangs properly black Canadians just take off black Americans and Jamaican culture because they know they live in snow flake land and have no real culture that's why women here are marrying men from different countries they are bored I know a girl who is Canadian she went to Barbados with her friend now she is obsessed because she felt what it is like to live for once her confidence sky rocket and she's not a ugly girl at all this place isn't good for anyone mentally especially black people.
I feel that way when I go to my parents home country, I just feel free. It’s like I’m constrained in Canada. Even my friends are mostly American. There’s something not right about Canada when it comes to black and even mixed people ( my ex ex was mixed and had so many identity issues).

Zephyr

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,239 3,037 2,072
Alleybux
I understand my cousin hates when I diss Canada but I don't care this place isn't for black people sh!t it isn't even for these biracial people who are mixed with black I have yet to meet a black person over here that has some sense I feel bad for them and tell them when they can they should travel and see the rest of the world because at least America with the racism and all there is still more black people more black events more black everything..

Canada is about 40 years behind the US when it comes to black rights. The reason why Canada is considered liberal and progressive is because LGBTQ rights and women’s rights are better than in the US.

There’s rampant and proud housing discrimination, job discrimination, a huge white neo nazi problem ect. But black people in Canada just think this is hunky dory and if you question it they’ll attack you like rabid dogs. Most blk Canadians enjoy being 2nd class citizens and they can have it. I don’t see there being a change ever.

Kittkatimeow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,103 84 29
Alleybux
Canada is about 40 years behind the US when it comes to black rights. The reason why Canada is considered liberal and progressive is because LGBTQ rights and women’s rights are better than in the US.

There’s rampant and proud housing discrimination, job discrimination, a huge white neo nazi problem ect. But black people in Canada just think this is hunky dory and if you question it they’ll attack you like rabid dogs. Most blk Canadians enjoy being 2nd class citizens and they can have it. I don’t see there being a change ever.
Thank you! They stay defending Canada like it's some safe haven for black people smh

everythingirie

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,102 99 43
Alleybux
but why is it that black men and men of color in general are so entitled and trash in Toronto? They be sharing a dusty apartment with their mama but demand women who look like Saweetie or Kylie Jenner white girls. lol. There are so many more upwardly mobile, educated black men and hispanic men in the States who don’t even these types of standards. The way a lot of BM in Canada talk about darkskin women is just disgusting, really.

Dreamer23421

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
453 10
Alleybux
This thread is interesting. I had to get some tea on this guy I met online and went on a date with who was from Toronto.

We had decent convo and had very similar interests in terms of music and traveling, but something was off-putting. He gave me overly confident and kept asking what I thought of him etc without giving me much compliments at at all. He was nice and not rude, but I guess I was supposed to be fawning over him because he was tall, dark and “somewhat handsome.

I’m an black american btw, he said he travels to the States often, but after reading this thread God bless, I guess the grass isn’t always greener.

Kittkatimeow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,103 84 29
Alleybux
This thread is interesting. I had to get some tea on this guy I met online and went on a date with who was from Toronto.

We had decent convo and had very similar interests in terms of music and traveling, but something was off-putting. He gave me overly confident and kept asking what I thought of him etc without giving me much compliments at at all. He was nice and not rude, but I guess I was supposed to be fawning over him because he was tall, dark and “somewhat handsome.

I’m an black american btw, he said he travels to the States often, but after reading this thread God bless, I guess the grass isn’t always greener.
Girl they're weird as hell and cheap I had this one guy say no woman should expect him to buy her a meal at McDonald's DAMN McDonald's the cheapest fast food place smfh

Dreamer23421

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
453 10
Alleybux
Girl they're weird as hell and cheap I had this one guy say no woman should expect him to buy her a meal at McDonald's DAMN McDonald's the cheapest fast food place smfh
Wow! Seee that’s BS and I can’t do cheap especially when trying to be flashy or living a facade for the gram

Dreamer23421

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
453 10
Alleybux
Lol run girl RUN plus they wanna be hard and cool just look at drake he's a great example of a Canadian man corny af
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Omg and you know what’s so funny you mention Drake it definitely gives off the vibe like that is his daddy.

Sidenote: I had such an affinity for Drake throughout the years, but now that I’m older I see what people mean about him lol I didn’t want to cause I do enjoy music and can tolerate a bit of being corny, it’s just so disappointing smh

DontCum4mi

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,436 146 10
Alleybux
Wow this thread is depressing! I remember 8 years ago before I met my husband, I was dating an Asian guy. He was really cool and he offered to take me on a date to Canada. It was a 6 hour drive from New York City. I was so excited (I’ve never been there) We went to Montreal. When we got there, I was so shocked to not see any black couples. I know I was with someone non-black but it wasn’t what I expected. If I did see someone black, they were with someone non-black. I’m like, ok the country of swirling. I’m not used to that. I’ve always see black couples maybe because I’m from Brooklyn but it just felt weird. Honestly even though black men here are easier to date, just be careful. I started dated out of state after a while. I’ve never really dated black men here in NYC because it was just too much. There’s lots of beautiful black women here in NYC. And so much access to them, so men here play too many games because there’s so much options. You’ll be in a relationship but be prepared to argue with a competitor. My husband is from Philly (even though Philly has the most dusty men, my hubby would always say how rough it is out there and the black men need to do better) and he’s a unicorn to me. Black, successful, faithful, marriage material, absolutely handsome and cherish the ground I walk on. All my bad relationships were with non-black men (mostly Hispanic. Physical abuse). But the one black man I dated treats me like a queen. God forbid we divorce, I will never date. I would just be single and live my best black woman luxury life then to deal with the crap!

PoeticPisces

Reaction score
Reactions
95,287 2,654 869
Alleybux
Wow this thread is depressing! I remember 8 years ago before I met my husband, I was dating an Asian guy. He was really cool and he offered to take me on a date to Canada. It was a 6 hour drive from New York City. I was so excited (I’ve never been there) We went to Montreal. When we got there, I was so shocked to not see any black couples. I know I was with someone non-black but it wasn’t what I expected. If I did see someone black, they were with someone non-black. I’m like, ok the country of swirling. I’m not used to that. I’ve always see black couples maybe because I’m from Brooklyn but it just felt weird. Honestly even though black men here are easier to date, just be careful. I started dated out of state after a while. I’ve never really dated black men here in NYC because it was just too much. There’s lots of beautiful black women here in NYC. And so much access to them, so men here play too many games because there’s so much options. You’ll be in a relationship but be prepared to argue with a competitor. My husband is from Philly (even though Philly has the most dusty men, my hubby would always say how rough it is out there and the black men need to do better) and he’s a unicorn to me. Black, successful, faithful, marriage material, absolutely handsome and cherish the ground I walk on. All my bad relationships were with non-black men (mostly Hispanic. Physical abuse). But the one black man I dated treats me like a queen. God forbid we divorce, I will never date. I would just be single and live my best black woman luxury life then to deal with the crap!
I feel like this post was a sign for me. My ex was Hispanic, I seem to attract a lot of them in Toronto. He was already showing signs of pssibly being abusive when we broke up so I’m glad I got out when I did. Quite a few them have that fake ass “macho” thing going on, which is confusing because they’re also very passionate and romantic, love being in relationships but hard at the same time.

There’s just more people in the US and I notice you guys are more outgoing. It’s easier to vibe with y’all even the guys I date here are often foreign-born. I just need to figure out a career path with a well-paying remote position, I’m enjoying summer in Toronto but still want to move. It’s not for me. At all.

It gets me when guys will act surprised that im single when approaching me. I get asked out a lot on dates (they pay) but im not really connecting with people here. Im from Toronto but I’m not of Toronto if that makes sense

Kittkatimeow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,103 84 29
Alleybux
I feel your pain wish I was never born here I can't wait to go to the states people always talking sh!t about the states over here at least the people in the states have vibez ugh!

Kittkatimeow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,103 84 29
Alleybux
I feel your pain wish I was never born here I can't wait to go to the states people always talking sh!t about the states over here at least the people in the states have vibez ugh!

teapothot

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,064 473 82
Alleybux
I feel like this post was a sign for me. My ex was Hispanic, I seem to attract a lot of them in Toronto. He was already showing signs of pssibly being abusive when we broke up so I’m glad I got out when I did. Quite a few them have that fake ass “macho” thing going on, which is confusing because they’re also very passionate and romantic, love being in relationships but hard at the same time.

There’s just more people in the US and I notice you guys are more outgoing. It’s easier to vibe with y’all even the guys I date here are often foreign-born. I just need to figure out a career path with a well-paying remote position, I’m enjoying summer in Toronto but still want to move. It’s not for me. At all.

It gets me when guys will act surprised that im single when approaching me. I get asked out a lot on dates (they pay) but im not really connecting with people here. Im from Toronto but I’m not of Toronto if that makes sense

GIRLLLLLL you said it. Toronto just ain’t it anymore. I cannot wait to leave. I had a condo in Miami but sold it 4 years ago. Wish I never did that. Now I’m trying to find a warm state to relocate to. I live between Toronto and NY but honestly NY ain’t what it used to be either. Atlanta is just a no and Houston has way too big of a women to men ratio gap. But Houston is litty. Sighs… free me from the 6ix asap lol. Then men here are confused trash.

KushKing

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
29,390 5,559 9,927
Alleybux
Damn, looks like Toronto men have taken back control and got the upper hand!! Love to see men starting to know their worth.

PoeticPisces

Reaction score
Reactions
95,287 2,654 869
Alleybux
funny you said that because my aussie friend went uni there and said the same thing especially on Tinder and Hinge apparently they were average in her eyes.
Did she go to uni in BC?