Quantcast

How is Dating in Toronto? ( Online)

milk

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,824 892 334
Alleybux
I'm looking to move here sometime in the future so this thread is useful. Not surprised about the colorstruck black men tho :/

dawnday

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,208 511 144
Alleybux
Lol personally I like american men more and I can't tell you about dating out because I tried with this Asian guy who wanted to be black and he was soooo boring He couldn't start a conversation at all yet he kept calling me he got on my damn nerves so I blocked him he was gorgeous though but picture a pretty rock all you wanna do is stare at it but that's it lmao.

PoeticPisces

Too young for MySpace, too old for Tik Tok
Reaction score
Reactions
95,293 2,654 869
Alleybux
Lol personally I like american men more and I can't tell you about dating out because I tried with this Asian guy who wanted to be black and he was soooo boring He couldn't start a conversation at all yet he kept calling me he got on my damn nerves so I blocked him he was gorgeous though but picture a pretty rock all you wanna do is stare at it but that's it lmao.
Dated so many men like that, handsome but boring af. I’m sticking to Americans too for now lol

sailorcosmos

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,431 1,412 47
Alleybux
I just came back to this thread to say be careful with these Toronto men y'all, it just came out that nudes and sextapes of women in the city are being exchanged in a group chat and are allegedly being saved in google docs

dawnday

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,208 511 144
Alleybux
I want to date american men but covid ruined it..I don't really like living here either its so boring and depressing but I was born here.I lived in philly for 9 months as a teen and I loved it so much Canada has its good qualities but America to me is more alive and the people are more fun to be around from my experience.

dawnday

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,208 511 144
Alleybux
Dated so many men like that, handsome but boring af. I’m sticking to Americans too for now lol
I don't blame you and what I realize with Canadian men all they talk about is work and they are always complaining about their jobs like its so annoying talk about something else! even when I was in high school I couldn't stand their asses the black guys in school were weirder than the white guys but I never liked white men like that to talk to them. I always found myself being in a long distance relationship don't ask me why my mother grew us in america then brought us here to adjust as teens smh we still don't feel like we belong here.

pettyfruit08

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,590 202 255
Alleybux
Everything that's been said on here is so facts and daunting.

If you're looking for a quality man with a career, ambitious that looks halfway decent the ones on the apps are solely looking for FWB sorry to say. I met an african engineer on hinge who I initially assumed was looking for a relationship only to realise he wasn't checkin for me like that. Most of them not all isn't looking for anything serious. Especially the african ones; if they don't feel they've reached their own personal success every relationship is a dub.

The downtown black men who are career minded aren't checking for black girls if at all. They place WW as top tier, they're fascinated by the white woman. The one I dated only dated white women before me and after and pushed that if BW wanted to compete we'd have to be super in shape, feminine, natural, educated, well spoken, virginal etc etc etc and all WW have to be is white. a damn shame.

You have to date out. If you can't beat em gotta join them. Caribbean men are usually promiscuous not very career minded, with 1/2 kids after 25 even before 25 and they don't place value on marriage. There are a couple white men with personality but you have to do a lot of sifting; they usually have a fetish and are just dating for the experience. Middle eastern men as well.

Happy hunting but really don't waste your time with men from here.

LoveScorpio9

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,145 1,388 462
Alleybux
So thought I would post an update, so YES, still no luck with black guys; most of my long conversations/number exchange has been with European/middle eastern or overall caucasian men.

Also, dating in Toronto seems like a monopoly game; I mean, had guys tell me how many investment properties they own or if they own their own property, and they sure love spending so much time speaking about their jobs and so forth.
Most men have corporate jobs based on the ones I'm chatting with overall, and it greatly differs from the men in Montreal.

Linsss

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,162 2,048 292
Alleybux
I’m from the UK and my cousins from Toronto who are around the same age as me tell me it’s the same story.Guys lying about what they do,secretly broke and all have the audacity.The ones who hide their kids annoy me the most tho I had one tell me the little girl in his whatsapp pic was his daughter living in Miami wid her mother.Guys the lil girl had a school uniform on which was a school 10 minutes away from me lol.

The one thing i would say is that black men defo check for black women regardless of ppl say.Here in london as I can only speak for there if someone is dating a white guy he’s either rich or atleast makes decent money and provides or he’s broke and he’s doing 50/50 and all that nonsense.There’s no inbetween.With black men there’s so many levels lol it’s difficult.If ur looking for a decent black guy with money most of the time he’s African and not British born.Some are but the ones who provide and take pride in that were not born here.

Lolodemonaco

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,270 259 22
Alleybux
So thought I would post an update, so YES, still no luck with black guys; most of my long conversations/number exchange has been with European/middle eastern or overall caucasian men.

Also, dating in Toronto seems like a monopoly game; I mean, had guys tell me how many investment properties they own or if they own their own property, and they sure love spending so much time speaking about their jobs and so forth.
Most men have corporate jobs based on the ones I'm chatting with overall, and it greatly differs from the men in Montreal.
This video sum up a lot of points evoked in this thread : Also, I saw two others videos (in french), where two black women explained that white men approached them more since they moved to Toronto. Previously, they were living in Québec.

PoeticPisces

Reaction score
Reactions
95,293 2,654 869
Alleybux
I don't blame you and what I realize with Canadian men all they talk about is work and they are always complaining about their jobs like its so annoying talk about something else! even when I was in high school I couldn't stand their asses the black guys in school were weirder than the white guys but I never liked white men like that to talk to them. I always found myself being in a long distance relationship don't ask me why my mother grew us in america then brought us here to adjust as teens smh we still don't feel like we belong here.
Damn you’re making me want to move. I realized after awhile most of the people I got along with were not from here originally.

How was it living in Philly (thats what you said right?) compared to here? I’ve always been curious how life is in America compared to here?

If the black people there are different (since here it’s mostly Caribbean/Africans but I dated a Jamaican-American man and he was so different from the Jamaicans here) , how’s the dating culture, making friends etc?

ShashalovesCats

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
173,650 2,693 348
Alleybux
This video sum up a lot of points evoked in this thread : Also, I saw two others videos (in french), where two black women explained that white men approached them more since they moved to Toronto. Previously, they were living in Québec.

This was so sad. TT__TT

Cupcake09

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,038 2,310 448
Alleybux
The men on these apps are weirdos regardless of race. Don't want commitment and would rather have Fwb. They're cheap and don't want to go on legit dates.

PoeticPisces

Reaction score
Reactions
95,293 2,654 869
Alleybux
The men on these apps are weirdos regardless of race. Don't want commitment and would rather have Fwb. They're cheap and don't want to go on legit dates.
Yep and the ones who want relationships, always have some type of issue, especially if they’re cute. I didn’t wait to find out what that issue was but you could tell something was off about them. Oh and they all had horrible ex’s and if they didn’t then the relationship ended because she was done (They won’t say that’s the reason but I’m very observant and can tell when it’s her that did)

There are guys who will take you out tho, you just have to ignore the ones who don’t. It requires patience, but I notice people in Toronto don’t go out on dates as often as when I was in Vancouver. I don’t know if it’s because of the weather or being cheap/broke. There’s a lot of chilling/driving going on. When I was in Vancouver maybe because I’m not from there but guys always wanted to take me out and show me around the city.

A lot of them overshare too, that’s something I’ve only noticed dating on the apps. I’ve never had someone I met irl overshare so much on a date. I see that as a sign of mental illness. It’s like they want to tell me all their “red flags” and then wonder why people keep ghosting them.

This is slightly a Toronto phenomenon, because using the dating apps in Vancouver was fine (but maybe because I was in university, daring. I notice a lot more people seem to have depression here and idk y.

People say OLD is a reflection of real life but I don’t think so. I think the apps attract a certain type of guy (in Toronto). the fact that if he hadn’t been on the app I would have never met him despite him living 5 mins away...let’s just say, there’s a good reason some people arent in my social circle ...

Mercredi

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
365 14 3
Alleybux
I moved from Europe to Toronto 2 years ago and although everyone has their own experiences.

From my my point of view:.

-Men here don't really approach women like in the US or even Europe ( depending on the country). They would stare at you like crazy lol if not met in social settings where you are introduced

- People rely a lot on Apps to meet men/women

- Very Good looking men are extremely rare. I have seen 2 in 2 years yet when I used to go to the US pre-COVID I could see several in 1 day.

- Because I grew up in Europe I am used to Black men preferences and adapted years ago. I usually pay no mind to Black men which seems to be ok because I rarely see Black couples ( who have not immigrated together) downtown Toronto where I live.

- the quality of Black men comfort me in my choice lol.

- some Mixed men with jobs lol do show me interest though

- being in shape helps a lot like everywhere I guess but even more or so if you want to date decent looking or above average men who are stable.

- It' s best being open to dating out. Toronto is definitely the city to be for it lol. Non Black men ( especially White Men) are definitely open with their dating options too.

Hi, would you mind sharing some more of your overall experience living in Toronto so far ? :blush::blush:

I´m also a European who is planning to move to Canada but what I´ve been reading about Toronto on LSA is kinda starting to scare me a little haha.

purplecats

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,422 4,093 140
Alleybux
Yep and the ones who want relationships, always have some type of issue, especially if they’re cute. I didn’t wait to find out what that issue was but you could tell something was off about them. Oh and they all had horrible ex’s and if they didn’t then the relationship ended because she was done (They won’t say that’s the reason but I’m very observant and can tell when it’s her that did)

There are guys who will take you out tho, you just have to ignore the ones who don’t. It requires patience, but I notice people in Toronto don’t go out on dates as often as when I was in Vancouver. I don’t know if it’s because of the weather or being cheap/broke. There’s a lot of chilling/driving going on. When I was in Vancouver maybe because I’m not from there but guys always wanted to take me out and show me around the city.

A lot of them overshare too, that’s something I’ve only noticed dating on the apps. I’ve never had someone I met irl overshare so much on a date. I see that as a sign of mental illness. It’s like they want to tell me all their “red flags” and then wonder why people keep ghosting them.

This is slightly a Toronto phenomenon, because using the dating apps in Vancouver was fine (but maybe because I was in university, daring. I notice a lot more people seem to have depression here and idk y.

People say OLD is a reflection of real life but I don’t think so. I think the apps attract a certain type of guy (in Toronto). the fact that if he hadn’t been on the app I would have never met him despite him living 5 mins away...let’s just say, there’s a good reason some people arent in my social circle ...
This is my experience with dating in Toronto. Broke, cheapness, don't want to go out, all depressed. Especially with the apps

PoeticPisces

Reaction score
Reactions
95,293 2,654 869
Alleybux

@3:10 he’s so right, I’ve seen this too, everyone goes on the Internet and acts pro-black and melanin this and black women that but irl they say some of the most anti-BW things, it’s all fake.

Nubiacoco

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
230,083 6,714 1,067
Alleybux
Hi, would you mind sharing some more of your overall experience living in Toronto so far ? :blush::blush:

I´m also a European who is planning to move to Canada but what I´ve been reading about Toronto on LSA is kinda starting to scare me a little haha.
Don't be scared, everyone experience is different.
There are some adjustments to be made and you definitely have to be more open minded but if you are European it won't be that much different. Just men here don't approach women and are a bit boring lol. Personality and looks wise Americans are better imo.

Mercredi

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
365 14 3
Alleybux
Don't be scared, everyone experience is different.
There are some adjustments to be made and you definitely have to be more open minded but if you are European it won't be that much different. Just men here don't approach women and are a bit boring lol. Personality and looks wise Americans are better imo.

Thanks ! I´m actually in a relationship right now, so this point doesn´t really matter to me at the moment (although I will keep that in mind for the future just in case haha) :blush::blush:

Bruh2

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,449 96 35
Alleybux

Hi! I live in Toronto. It all depends on what area you’re moving to. Also, be mindful not to allow work to be the only place you have the majority of your fulfillment. Toronto can be a lonely city if you don’t have multiple ways to feed that need.

Mercredi

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
365 14 3
Alleybux
Thanks a lot for the advice ! Which areas would you recommend ?

sweetmelly

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,504 255 25
Alleybux
I moved from Europe to Toronto 2 years ago and although everyone has their own experiences.

From my my point of view:.

-Men here don't really approach women like in the US or even Europe ( depending on the country). They would stare at you like crazy lol if not met in social settings where you are introduced

- People rely a lot on Apps to meet men/women

- Very Good looking men are extremely rare. I have seen 2 in 2 years yet when I used to go to the US pre-COVID I could see several in 1 day.

- Because I grew up in Europe I am used to Black men preferences and adapted years ago. I usually pay no mind to Black men which seems to be ok because I rarely see Black couples ( who have not immigrated together) downtown Toronto where I live.

- the quality of Black men comfort me in my choice lol.

- some Mixed men with jobs lol do show me interest though

- being in shape helps a lot like everywhere I guess but even more or so if you want to date decent looking or above average men who are stable.

- It' s best being open to dating out. Toronto is definitely the city to be for it lol. Non Black men ( especially White Men) are definitely open with their dating options too.
l live in Montreal which is about 6 hrs away from Montreal and it's the same thing here.all l see is black men with white women and men don't approach me all they do is stare. my father always encourages me to date outside my race and I'm really considering it

ShashalovesCats

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
173,650 2,693 348
Alleybux
l live in Montreal which is about 6 hrs away from Montreal and it's the same thing here.all l see is black men with white women and men don't approach me all they do is stare. my father always encourages me to date outside my race and I'm really considering it

I thought that Montreal was supposed to be a better city for dating (〒﹏〒)

PoeticPisces

Reaction score
Reactions
95,293 2,654 869
Alleybux
Horrible thing to say to black women.
It’s also not true. I mostly get approached by black men in Toronto (Caribbean) even black American men that come here in the summer and white men and hispanic men. Asian men just compliment me but then that’s it, they don’t say anything else. I wish I knew more black african guys though, I don’t for some reason even though my background is Nigerian.

Different people have different experiences.

ranette338

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
From the perspective of someone who grew up in Toronto, I remember developing such a complex that closed me off to dating or getting to know a guy because of how hypercritical and evil-spirited some of these men were against black women. The comments I would hear from other black men who were literally engaging in xes with other black women, exposing intimate details to humiliate them and demean them. It kinda runs deep if you want to talk about the inner city men. There is a complete lack of empathy, sensitivity and softness when it comes to black women and I always wondered why women still wanted them or dated them... cause the mental work that goes into being the 'perfect' 10 for them is overwhelming. You know slim thick, perfect features, etc etc. Toronto women are probably considered the most beautiful because we grew up being so hyper-aware of our looks and how we're treated if we don't meet the standards. The by-product of this toxic culture made us strong and beautiful, so it's only fair we go where we're loved and leave these stunted men. Date outside cause a lot of these dudes even in their 20s still carry toxic mentalities and don't treat black women well at all.

Last edited:

everythingirie

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,102 99 43
Alleybux
Toronto is trash for women looking to date or get into a serious relationship. I’m AA/Honduran and both black and Latino men in the city are usually unattractive, broke and boring with no charm or intellect. Yet they demand women who look like models or insta baddies and of course the whiter/lighter the better. And tbh, they are spoiled for choice since there are a lot of pretty women here who imo, tend to have low self esteem and settle for these men. Then, since Asians/Arabs tend to stick to their own, that only leaves yt men for the most part.

Gladhe8HER

Stop your foolishness
Reaction score
Reactions
84,195 2,138 1,316
Alleybux
This thread still going?! You know the Toronto dating seen is bad when comments come in every couple months and we all saying the same thing.

I know some of you black women hate to hear this because you are problack but I became intentional about finding my life partner mid last year, and I opened up my options and let's just say being open and intentional has done your girl well. I had a lot more options and weeded out the bullshitters and were left with some great men to choose from, wouldn't of been the case if I stuck to one group /and or limited my options. Dating a great guy right now.

pettyfruit08

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,590 202 255
Alleybux
This thread still going?! You know the Toronto dating seen is bad when comments come in every couple months and we all saying the same thing.

I know some of you black women hate to hear this because you are problack but I became intentional about finding my life partner mid last year, and I opened up my options and let's just say being open and intentional has done your girl well. I had a lot more options and weeded out the bullshitters and were left with some great men to choose from, wouldn't of been the case if I stuck to one group /and or limited my options. Dating a great guy right now.
Good for you sis. Happy to hear it.

Must say I gave up with the BM in the city and started dating white men strictly and its been a trip. He's a gentleman and he respects me which is so admirable although he's from Whitby blech lol. but nonetheless its no BS. He's a decent looking white man to me but I get the white girl dirty looks when we're out so I think he must be attractive to white women as well. Even if it doesn't work out I've had a way better experience in the last 4 months we been together than the years I've struggled with black men. I'm done arguing with broke bozos.

BlueFuego

metamorphosis
Reaction score
Reactions
445 4 2
Alleybux
Dating in Toronto isn’t looking great, and I feel things have gotten worse since the pandemic came. I’ve typically only dated BM but the ones here are b**ch made and have the highest expectations for BW yet dog, berate and say the absolute most about BW as if they don’t have any BW close to them. Either that, or most BM here generally don’t know how to approach you (this happens to me a lot!). If you reach the dating stage with them, the insecurities start coming out and they be telling all the red flags about themselves lol. This year I gotta divest and exclude them from my options fr.

Kittkatimeow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,103 84 29
Alleybux
It's funny you say that although beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I noticed Americans often say that about Toronto yet my European friends ( from all backgrounds) and I ( from Europe too) find Torontonian looks for both men and women just OK.
I very rarely see good looking people however I would say a lot of people are in shape downtown where I live.

People in the US across races look x10 times better.
This is facts Canadians just dress anyway and if they do dress good it's mostly black women who most likely migrated here lol Americans overall are better they're more friendly better looking have a soul man I would sell my left arm to move to the states this place is not it if you didn't grow up here I'm going crazy smh

Kittkatimeow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,103 84 29
Alleybux
Damn you’re making me want to move. I realized after awhile most of the people I got along with were not from here originally.

How was it living in Philly (thats what you said right?) compared to here? I’ve always been curious how life is in America compared to here?

If the black people there are different (since here it’s mostly Caribbean/Africans but I dated a Jamaican-American man and he was so different from the Jamaicans here) , how’s the dating culture, making friends etc?
Sorry for the late response I had to make a new account. Black Americans overall are better they talk more they will bring you places it's not just relationships it's friendships as well. my family is Jamaican and the Jamaicans who migrate to America still act the same way they did in Jamaica the ones who move here act completely different and most of them are ashamed of their culture don't even want to speak the language anymore.

I honestly hate being here and wouldn't advise anyone to move here if they have the choice to pick America. I tell all my friends back in Jamaica to move to the states Canada is not it! Racism is here as well so not much difference there is rarely any black support..I will get bash for this but black Canadians are weird af if they have never traveled outside Canada they are basically just white people in black skin..most people here only want to talk to people they went to high school with when I was in Philly I mad so many friends in a short period of time when I visited family in New York same thing it was so refreshing to walk in a store and people strike up a conversation with you and they don't even know you..man I really hope I get to leave one-day my depression Is worse than ever I have lived in Jamaica went through hunger and still preferred being there than being here smh.

Zephyr

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,239 3,037 2,072
Alleybux
Sorry for the late response I had to make a new account. Black Americans overall are better they talk more they will bring you places it's not just relationships it's friendships as well. my family is Jamaican and the Jamaicans who migrate to America still act the same way they did in Jamaica the ones who move here act completely different and most of them are ashamed of their culture don't even want to speak the language anymore.

I honestly hate being here and wouldn't advise anyone to move here if they have the choice to pick America. I tell all my friends back in Jamaica to move to the states Canada is not it! Racism is here as well so not much difference there is rarely any black support..I will get bash for this but black Canadians are weird af if they have never traveled outside Canada they are basically just white people in black skin..most people here only want to talk to people they went to high school with when I was in Philly I mad so many friends in a short period of time when I visited family in New York same thing it was so refreshing to walk in a store and people strike up a conversation with you and they don't even know you..man I really hope I get to leave one-day my depression Is worse than ever I have lived in Jamaica went through hunger and still preferred being there than being here smh.

As a black Canadian I’m going to agree with you. It’s all 1st/2nd gen immigrants in Canada not just black. It’s because assimilation is extreme here and we’re overwhelmed with white people. Most people in Canada are in the sunken place and have zero awareness. They don’t seem to want better.

I’m perplexed as to why so many people want to move to Canada. I lived in Europe and I’m trying to make efforts to move to the states but in every aspect Canada is just a fail.

PoeticPisces

Reaction score
Reactions
95,293 2,654 869
Alleybux

Honestly, I’m in the same boat with you. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one who feels this way. It’s so hard to break into the social scene here even though I’m from here (I moved around a lot and went to uni in a different province). Big hug :emoji_hugging:

Kittkatimeow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,103 84 29
Alleybux
As a black Canadian I’m going to agree with you. It’s all 1st/2nd gen immigrants in Canada not just black. It’s because assimilation is extreme here and we’re overwhelmed with white people. Most people in Canada are in the sunken place and have zero awareness. They don’t seem to want better.

I’m perplexed as to why so many people want to move to Canada. I lived in Europe and I’m trying to make efforts to move to the states but in every aspect Canada is just a fail.
Thank you!!!! I am dying to leave I see no point in living here I really wish my mother had me in the states the messed up part is she was living in America when she was pregnant with all of us till this day I'm mad she had us here. I am literally going insane and I don't want my son to grow up here because these Canadian kids irk my soul my lil cousin who is 12 she is a lost soul she doesn't like being black and it shows all her friends are white and she comes home telling these stories about them calling her the N word and she acts like it's no big deal it just gets on my nerves and her mom was living in the states with a work permit don't know why she came back here for smh..

Kittkatimeow

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,103 84 29
Alleybux
Honestly, I’m in the same boat with you. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one who feels this way. It’s so hard to break into the social scene here even though I’m from here (I moved around a lot and went to uni in a different province). Big hug :emoji_hugging:
I understand my cousin hates when I diss Canada but I don't care this place isn't for black people sh!t it isn't even for these biracial people who are mixed with black I have yet to meet a black person over here that has some sense I feel bad for them and tell them when they can they should travel and see the rest of the world because at least America with the racism and all there is still more black people more black events more black everything..

vonne2490

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
108,937 11,363 7,080
Alleybux
So planning a possible move to Toronto in a few weeks if all goes well with a job opportunity, so I decided to try the Tinder Passport for a month to see the men I will meet and so forth.
I posted 3 pictures of myself and 3 other pictures of fun abstract art I enjoy doing and a question to start a conversation.

So far, I have gotten 342 matches and approximately 661 likes, and 40 men have messaged me, but a solid conversation is only working out with about 5 that are actually substantial.
With that been said, these conversations have mainly been with white men, Indian men, Brazillian men, or men that I'm unable to pinpoint their ethnicities.
I have not gotten many likes from Black men, which shocks me!

Most of the men I have matched with seem well accomplished in education, entrepreneurship or solid employment.

Anyhow What is your overall dating experience in Toronto as a black woman?
For background, I'm 24 years old.
all they want is xes and toronto manz are weak af