Quantcast

How many labels does sexuality need?

GlitterBelle

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
37,798 1,249 1,382
Alleybux
"The first rule about anything, is that you don't label yourself anything. It's unsaid. Sure, David Bowie was called Androgenous to describe his look, but that was not what he wanted. I'm a woman, who does what they wan't. Ppl have said I look like a prince bc of my dress sense, maybe even my mannerisms but I always felt like a woman, female. It's right to know you can think many different thoughts, dress how you want and be a woman, be feminine, likewise to a male, no extra labels needed. It gives you much better peace of mind when you don't make up extra labels like Cis gender, cis female, bi-gender." J2

Surreal

⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
241,902 7,371 6,305
Alleybux
Some people like to label themselves, others don't. Some people want specific labels that describe them and they use them to express what they are, to find others like them, and to form a community around that identity. I never understood how people can be upset over how others choose to express their gender and sexuality and how they want to label it. Nobody can tell somebody else what their sexuality is nor how to express their gender identity. Besides there's literally a name- multiple names- for any and everything in every kind of way. We're humans. We name and label everything. But people want to put up a fuss cause they can't remember nor want to learn the different terminology for sexualities and genders. Nobody says you have to. But just cause you're not interested, doesn't mean you can just tell people not to label themselves or make a fuss about it or mock them for it. The labels may be new or old terms recently gaining in popularity, but the people they are describing are not and have always been around- but now they have a specific term for what they specifically are and identify with. So fussing about labels won't make them disappear.

Kat13

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
106,113 5,301 463
Alleybux
How you dress and choose to present yourself isn’t sexuality, it’s gender

When it comes to gender presentation we only need 3 labels: Masculine, Feminine, and androgynous

Masculine: Presents as male

Feminine: Presents as female

Androgynous: Blurs the line between male and female.

All this other stuff is just extra.