Ate within my window

2 apples
2 bananas
Small handful of sun chips

Dinner
Honey mustard baked pork chop
Salad

Fast 18 hours.

I stepped on the scale and im 4 pounds heavier! Usually in only a pound or 2 heavier

chlorophyll

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,234 870 160
Alleybux
I can go up anywhere between 2-5 pounds, especially if I go over my carb limit *OR eat something suuuuper salty.

Edit again to ask: are you about to get your period? Could it be water weight from that?

Tornado81

Pretty girl…who twirls.
Reaction score
Reactions
42,843 1,490 378
Alleybux
There’s many reasons why you might be gaining weight.

1. Too much salt causing water gain. (This might be your issue)
2. You aren’t eating enough
3. You are taking in too many calories. ( Definitely not the case here)
4. You are not eating around the right times of day.

I go to a weight loss doctor/dietitian. Here’s what they have me doing.

- Eat 1200 low calorie, sugar, fat diet
- Eat within 1 hour of waking to start up your metabolism. ( I was very skeptical but it works)
- Eat 3 small meals per day (300 cals each) and 3 snacks (150 cals each) - Weigh yourself only once a week. That scale will have you tripping.
- When I don’t eat enough, I GAIN weight. Because I wasn’t hitting the 1200 calories, my body was holding on to fat. It’s hard to hit 1200 calories when you are eating healthy foods (that you don’t care for. Lol!) Now I force myself so I’m back on track.

So far, I’m down 43 pounds since Dec. Good luck OP. You got this...just don’t look at that scale. The Devil is a liar! Lol!!!

MsBIGChoc

Megan's Hennessey Bottle
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
275,548 33,084 27,393
Alleybux
I can go up anywhere between 2-5 pounds, especially if I go over my carb limit *OR eat something suuuuper salty.

Edit again to ask: are you about to get your period? Could it be water weight from that?
Yes. It comes on Friday

ThatChic704

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
62,402 2,459 174
Alleybux
Imma go on a diet after I finish all the booze in my crib. I have put on some WEIGHT WEIGHT! Too me it looks terrible but to all these men gawking at me it must look good. Men aint ish tho. I need to get back to my thin, fit self. Right now I look like a damn pandemic.

BurgerWorld

Shakin' my buns
Reaction score
Reactions
13,208 343 114
Alleybux
sometimes it takes days for diet changes to register on the scale.

don't give up. keep on dieting. you will see an overall weight drop, but I guarantee you the scale will zigzag unpredictably during the process sometimes. Don't give up. It will drop huge eventually and you'll be overjoyed!

todorokian

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
32,981 1,003 677
Alleybux
I've been 122 lbs for years and now 140. Gained that in like 4 mos. I'll say 2 lbs. Before this year, literally air. Think I'm grown now!

BeautifulThings

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,679 292 74
Alleybux
You are supposed to weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you use the bathroom. You could be retaining water. You could have other issues like hormones or something.

Thelittleguy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,965 1,964 278
Alleybux
208 pound in the morning
just weight myself for the thread, it read 210 pound

gain 2 pound.

sensibleheart

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,459 604 408
Alleybux
Y’all gain weight after a meal/day?? How does that even work. So basically if you do not exercise you can gain 14 pounds in a week?

sounds like bloat to me

Reaction score
Reactions
5,421 49 19
Alleybux
Please don't weigh yourself everyday, let alone after every meal. That's a slippery slope to an eating disorder. Losing weight is not the same as losing fat. The weight of an average adult fluctuates by as much as 5 pounds daily based on what you ate, what you drank, how much sleep you got and when etc. A scale can't tell whether it's muscle gain or water loss. A scale is good for detecting a trend: i.e if your weight is consistently dropping every time you weigh in, then you are likely heading in the right direction.
A better way is to weigh yourself 1-2 times a week at the same time of day, wearing the same clothes. Good luck on losing and keeping off the weight!

disinterestedhandjob

i'm toting the move so you better move
Reaction score
Reactions
58,967 2,748 1,435
Alleybux
Imma go on a diet after I finish all the booze in my crib. I have put on some WEIGHT WEIGHT! Too me it looks terrible but to all these men gawking at me it must look good. Men aint ish tho. I need to get back to my thin, fit self. Right now I look like a damn pandemic.
that covid 15! :cry I can tell when I gained too much weight by the way men talk to me. They go from hollering across the street, to walking up directly on me and whispering to me. That's when I know it's time

Last edited:

dkong

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
37,829 625 324
Alleybux
That’s not your real weight since the food hasn’t fully digested. It’s mainly water weight. Your real weight is whatever it is when you weigh yourself in the morning on an empty stomach. I feel like using the scale after eating will discourage people because of the inaccuracy.

Weigh yourself 1-2 times a month instead of daily.

Last edited:

MsBIGChoc

Megan's Hennessey Bottle
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
275,548 33,084 27,393
Alleybux
Ate within my window

2 apples
2 bananas

Dinner
Salad

Fast 18 hours.

I stepped on the scale and im 4 pounds heavier! Usually in only a pound or 2 heavier

Your body could be retaining water for whatever reason.

2. always 2lb.

There’s many reasons why you might be gaining weight.

1. Too much salt causing water gain. (This might be your issue)
2. You aren’t eating enough
3. You are taking in too many calories. ( Definitely not the case here)
4. You are not eating around the right times of day.

I go to a weight loss doctor/dietitian. Here’s what they have me doing.

- Eat 1200 low calorie, sugar, fat diet
- Eat within 1 hour of waking to start up your metabolism. ( I was very skeptical but it works)
- Eat 3 small meals per day (300 cals each) and 3 snacks (150 cals each) - Weigh yourself only once a week. That scale will have you tripping.
- When I don’t eat enough, I GAIN weight. Because I wasn’t hitting the 1200 calories, my body was holding on to fat. It’s hard to hit 1200 calories when you are eating healthy foods (that you don’t care for. Lol!) Now I force myself so I’m back on track.

So far, I’m down 43 pounds since Dec. Good luck OP. You got this...just don’t look at that scale. The Devil is a liar! Lol!!!

Yes. It comes on Friday

Feels like 20 lbs when I waddle to the bed after a huge meal. But realistically, I say 2 to 5 lbs.

My money is on that being the cause.

sometimes it takes days for diet changes to register on the scale.

don't give up. keep on dieting. you will see an overall weight drop, but I guarantee you the scale will zigzag unpredictably during the process sometimes. Don't give up. It will drop huge eventually and you'll be overjoyed!

fast for 40 days and nights, you're welcome.

I've been 122 lbs for years and now 140. Gained that in like 4 mos. I'll say 2 lbs. Before this year, literally air. Think I'm grown now!

You are supposed to weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you use the bathroom. You could be retaining water. You could have other issues like hormones or something.

208 pound in the morning
just weight myself for the thread, it read 210 pound

gain 2 pound.

Y’all gain weight after a meal/day?? How does that even work. So basically if you do not exercise you can gain 14 pounds in a week?

sounds like bloat to me

Please don't weigh yourself everyday, let alone after every meal. That's a slippery slope to an eating disorder. Losing weight is not the same as losing fat. The weight of an average adult fluctuates by as much as 5 pounds daily based on what you ate, what you drank, how much sleep you got and when etc. A scale can't tell whether it's muscle gain or water loss. A scale is good for detecting a trend: i.e if your weight is consistently dropping every time you weigh in, then you are likely heading in the right direction.
A better way is to weigh yourself 1-2 times a week at the same time of day, wearing the same clothes. Good luck on losing and keeping off the weight!

do monthly weigh ins. Weighing yourself after each meal is useless.

that covid 15! :cry I can tell when I gained too much weight by the way men talk to me. They go from hollering across the street, to walk it up directly on me and whispering to me. That's what I know it's time

That’s not your real weight since the food hasn’t fully digested. It’s mainly water weight. Your real weight is whatever it is when you weigh yourself in the morning on an empty stomach. I feel like using the scale after eating will discourage people because of the inaccuracy.

Weigh yourself 1-2 times a month instead of daily.

Hey everyone here is an update! It was water weight and lost 1 pound since yesterday and in total 5 or 4 pounds this week! My period also started today as well. So that could have been why

BurgerWorld

Shakin' my buns
Reaction score
Reactions
13,208 343 114
Alleybux
Hey everyone here is an update! It was water weight and lost 1 pound since yesterday and in total 5 or 4 pounds this week! My period also started today as well. So that could have been why
Wonderful!!!

keep up the good work and remember - the scale will always fluctuate. But as long as you are consistent, you will reach your goal.

weight isn’t a concrete number. It changes constantly. But it will go down in the long term no matter what it does in the short term

Last edited:

Metaphysique

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,065 696 303
Alleybux
You don’t gain fat from a meal. You can hold water weight, sometimes 2-5 lbs, or more, as carbs will cause you to hold more water. Also, the weight of the food you just ate, so if you consumed 1 lb of food, you’ll likely see a slight increase on the scale, but that is the food you just ate.

I always weigh myself in the morning before breaking my fast.

NunaGurl

Real HouseWife
Reaction score
Reactions
1,423 55 16
Alleybux
2-5lbs

I’d take measurements if you’re concerned about the scale. Additionally if you choose to weigh yourself daily you should do it every morning after you use the bathroom for the sake of consistency. Some ppl get obsessive tho, so measurements are better bc the scale won’t reflect body recomp. Muscle weighs more than fat, but is leaner.

Lovee1801

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,835 794 1,867
Alleybux
Ate within my window

2 apples
2 bananas

Dinner
Salad

Fast 18 hours.

That’s just how the body works, especially the woman’s body and hormones. It’s not actual weight gain UNLESS you’ve haven’t been consistent the other days.

LollyLoo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,814 670 493
Alleybux
Y’all weigh yourselves after every meal? That seems excessive and a one way ticket to an eating disorder.

Also OP, just a heads up. Fruit is essentially nature’s source of candy. Maybe consider enjoying it in moderation because it’s so high in sugar. 2 of each, 4 in total? Just eat a bag of gummy worms.