How to Anoint Your House With Oil

MOGUL93

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
318,704 43,850 2,151
Alleybux
How-to-anoint-your-house-with-oil.jpg

Anointing your house with oil is often an overlooked practice, but it can potentially have disturbing consequences if not done. It is simple to do and I personally believe that every believer should try and do it.

MY STORY
When my husband and I first got married we were fortunate to be able to immediately buy our own home. It wasn’t a fancy home, but nonetheless, it was our own home. We had bought it from an elderly widow, who we discovered after the papers were signed and sealed, had had no less than five husbands who all died there. After we moved in we discovered that there was a certain bedroom in the house that we just felt uneasy in, so we avoided it at all costs. We just could not shake the uneasiness that we felt upon entering that particular room. It became more of a storeroom than anything else. Now, this all happened before we got to learn more about spiritual matters.

We just couldn’t explain it. This room was close to the kitchen and sometimes I distinctly felt as if someone was watching me while I was cooking or busy in the kitchen. My domestic worker at the time, who had also worked for the lady who we had bought the house from, told me that she too felt a presence in that particular room whenever she went in there. She told me that the old lady used to sleep in that bedroom and that she would frequently have very terrible nightmares, screaming at night.

We also just seemed like we were “stuck”. We were not making any progress in many areas of life. We argued, I was depressed….I was fearful. It was just not a good experience.

When we started learning more about God and spiritual matters, we realised that we needed to get the house anointed. Boy was there a vast difference after we had the house anointed! Things just started moving for us. We didn’t feel the uneasiness and we started prospering again. The uneasiness was no longer there.

Floral-Wreath-Calendar-1.jpg

Like this post? Save it on Pinterest for later!
WHY WE NEED TO ANOINT OUR HOMES WITH OIL
By anointing a house with oil a supernatural hedge of Godly protection is placed in and around the house. Anointing oil is used when blessing a new house or a house that is under spiritual attack. If there are perhaps demonic infestations in a home, then it is highly recommended to anoint the house with anointing oil.

Isaiah 10:27: “It shall come to pass in that day That his burden will be taken away from your shoulder, And his yoke from your neck, And the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil.” (NKJV)

The anointing oil is a symbol of the power of the Holy Spirit and faith in God’s ability to protect, cleanse and keep evil away. It will drive out unwelcome evil spirits. By anointing a home with oil is also a way of consecrating the house to God.

“Take the anointing oil and anoint the tabernacle and everything in it; consecrate it and all its furnishings, and it will be holy. (Exodus 40:9 NIV)

THE KINDS OF OIL THAT CAN BE USED
Almost any kind of oil can be used – canola, olive, sesame or other. You can also buy pre-packaged Biblical anointing oils at Christian stores. It becomes anointing oil when you pray over and consecrate it. The following oils have typically been used though in anointing oil blends:

• Myrth – this oil was one of the ingredients used to anoint priests(Exodus 30:23), it was also given as a gift to Jesus at His birth(Matthew 2:11)
  • Frankincense – it was given to Jesus as a gift at His birth(Matthew 2:11) and it was one of the ingredients that the Lord instructed Moses to use for the incense for the tabernacle(Exodus 30:34).
  • Cassia – Also one of the ingredients used in the oil blend to anoint priests in the old testament(Exodus 30:23)
  • Spikenard – This oil was poured over Jesus from the alabaster jar. It has a very deep meaning.
PRAYING OVER THE OIL
Before the oil can be used you must pray over it in order for it to become anointing oil. A simple prayer will do. Simply ask God to anoint the oil and cleanse it so that it may be used for the work of His glory.

STEPS TO TAKE TO ANOINT YOUR HOUSE:
  1. Remove any items from your home that might have its roots in evil. It can be movies, books, and even ashes of dead people.
  2. Pray aloud in every room that you enter and invite the Holy Spirit into your home.
  3. Rebuke the forces of evil. Speak out loud to them. Command them to get out of your home in the Name of Jesus.
  4. Plead the blood of Jesus over every room and every corner of your home. Also, plead the blood of Jesus over every person living in the home.
  5. Place the oil over every door, windows, vents, fireplaces, air ducts and mirrors as you go along from room to room. Spirits do not need a door to enter, but these are all symbolic of openings.
  6. Before anointing the final door command that every evil spirit leave your home in the Name of Jesus through that final door. Now anoint that door.
  7. Place some oil into a spray bottle and anoint the perimeter of your home. Again rebuke all evil in the Name of Jesus. Plead the blood of Jesus and remind Satan that he cannot cross that bloodline.
  8. Ask God to sanctify and seal your home.
How to Anoint Your House With Oil - Designed For Success

MOGUL93

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
318,704 43,850 2,151
Alleybux
How to Anoint Oil
Anointing oil, also referred to as blessing or consecrating oil, is an act that turns standard oil into a great spiritual symbol and tool. The process is fairly straightforward. The oil is put in a special, small container and then a blessing is said over it. Once the oil is ready, you can use it in a variety of different ways.

aid5094505-v4-728px-Anoint-Oil-Step-1-Version-2.jpg.webp

Check with your judicatory or a religious authority for specifics. Each denomination has its own guidelines governing the way that oil is blessed for anointing purposes, as well as the way that anointing oil is used.[1]
  • The most common restriction regards who may bless or anoint the oil. In some denominations, such as in Catholicism, only a priest or similar clergyman can bless the oil. Some denominations even limit which clergymen are authorized to consecrate oil.[2]
  • It is also important to note that some denominations, such as the Latter Day Saints, also have guidelines and laws concerning what oil should be consecrated and how it can be used afterward
aid5094505-v4-728px-Anoint-Oil-Step-2-Version-2.jpg.webp

Purchase olive oil at your local grocery store or online retailer. You can use any type of olive oil that is available. However, it should be olive oil instead of another type of oil since it has greater traditional and biblical significance because it is mentioned in religious texts.
  • Unless you are told otherwise by a religious authority, it is not necessary to buy special oil for anointing.[4]
  • Extra-virgin cold-pressed olive oil is the purest variety available, so many people prefer to use that when shopping for an anointing oil. You can find this oil in the vast majority of grocery stores.
  • If desired, you can buy scented olive oil from a religious or secular store. Oil that has been perfumed with frankincense and myrrh is both popular and spiritually significant because they are referenced in the bible.
  • aid5094505-v4-728px-Anoint-Oil-Step-3-Version-2.jpg.webp
Fill up a small, special container with oil. Find a small vial, bottle, or other container that you like the look of or that has special meaning for you. It needs to have a lid that closes tightly and does not leak. Make sure it is clean and the pour the olive oil straight into this container. This oil will become the anointing oil.
  • You can buy a special oil stock at a religious bookstore or online, or you could use any small bottle.
  • The most common vial is a short metal container with a screw-on lid, with a sponge placed inside to help hold the oil in. However, less expensive plastic oil stocks are also available.
  • Even a brown glass bottle with a dropper or a roller cap could be used.
aid5094505-v4-728px-Anoint-Oil-Step-4-Version-2.jpg.webp

Add essential oils to the olive oil, if you like. While you can anoint plain olive oil, some people add essential oils that have religious significance. Anointing the body with perfumed oil was once used to refresh the body. If done to someone else, the act was considered one of hospitality. The oils used can vary but consider adding one drop of each of these, as they are mentioned in religious texts, such as the bible:
  • Myrrh
  • Cinnamon
  • Cassia
  • Calamus
aid5094505-v4-728px-Anoint-Oil-Step-5-Version-2.jpg.webp

Pray a blessing over the oil. As long as your denomination does not prohibit it, you can usually pray a blessing over the oil on your own without the help of a religious authority figure. The prayer should be firm and one made in good faith.[5]
  • The prayer you use must ask God to bless and cleanse the oil, so that it can be used for the sake of God's glory.
  • For instance, the prayer might be something like, "God, I pray that you anoint this oil in Your heavenly name. I pray that You cleanse it of any defilement in it or upon it, and that You make it holy for the work of Your glory. May this be done in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen."
  • If your denomination prohibits you from anointing oil, ask your religious leader if they will provide you with anointed oil or if they will bless oil that you have procured.
aid5094505-v4-728px-Anoint-Oil-Step-6-Version-2.jpg.webp

Store the oil at room temperature. The best way to keep the oil fresh is to store it at room temperature. Put the container in a dark area when you are not using it, such as a cupboard. Refrigeration is not recommended.[6]
  • If you refrigerate the oil, it will start to look cloudy. This is not harmful, though, and the oil can still be used even if it has gotten cloudy.
aid5094505-v4-728px-Anoint-Oil-Step-7-Version-2.jpg.webp

Understand the power behind anointing oil. Anointing oil is a symbol of your faith in God and of God's ability to cleanse and make things holy. There is nothing mystical or magical about the oil itself, even though anointing oil can be a powerful tool of the faith. As with all other spiritual tools, the real power comes from God.[7]
  • Without faith, anointing oil will not have any positive effect. You can use oil to help strengthen and demonstrate your faith, but you cannot use it to replace faith.
  • Anointed oil has been used for a wide variety of things historically. Ancient Israelites once rubbed consecrated oil on the leather of their shields to prepare for war. Some anointing oils were used for medicinal purposes, while others were used to prepare bodies for funerals and burials. These oils were also used to purify the body or consecrate an individual for a specific purpose or calling within God's plan.
aid5094505-v4-728px-Anoint-Oil-Step-8-Version-2.jpg.webp

Anoint yourself by applying the oil to your skin. While there are different ways to anoint yourself, the most common is to wet your right thumb with a little of the oil and make a Sign of the Cross on your forehead. Among other things, you can do this when you pray, when you are troubled, or when you are sick.[8]
  • You can also anoint yourself by drawing a cross on your forehead while saying, “In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.”
  • After anointing yourself, you can continue with your prayers as you usually would, regardless of whether it is a prayer for healing, repentance, thanksgiving, or anything else.
  • Alternatively, if you are injured or ill, you could cross yourself with the anointing oil over the damaged area of your body while praying for healing.

aid5094505-v4-728px-Anoint-Oil-Step-9-Version-2.jpg.webp

Anoint others if they ask you to do it. Just as you can use the anointing oil on yourself, you can also use it to aid others who are troubled or ill. Pray over the other person as you anoint them with the oil.[9]
  • When anointing someone else, wet your right thumb with a little of the anointing oil and use it to draw a cross in the middle of the other person's forehead.
  • As you draw the cross, state the person's name and say, "I anoint you with oil in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit."
  • Follow this with any prayers that are appropriate to the specific circumstances. This includes prayers for physical healing, spiritual healing, consecration, and general blessing.
aid5094505-v4-728px-Anoint-Oil-Step-10-Version-2.jpg.webp

Use anointing oil in your home. Anointing oil is commonly used when blessing a new home or a home that has faced some form of spiritual problem. Anoint your home by putting a small dab of oil on your finger and then touching the frame of every door in every room with it. [10]
  • You do not need to get a lot of oil on your door frames and you can touch them anywhere you like. Just a tiny bit from your finger will do.
  • As you anoint each frame, pray that God fills your house with the Holy Spirit, and that everything that happens in the house will be done in accordance with God's will.[11]
  • The idea behind anointing your home is that you are turning it into holy ground for God.

How to Anoint Oil: 10 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow.

saucinonyou

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
334,057 11,146 3,204
Alleybux
My mama did this when I was a child. She even put a dab of oil on my forehead and it always made me feel happy :heart: personally as an adult, I smudge from time to time but I think no matter the method, as long as the intentions are there God will always offer his protection over you.

crystalsbutnotmeth

DM me 4 $65 Natal Chart Investigations
Reaction score
Reactions
18,191 228 49
Alleybux
Yes yes yes! I love anointing oil and using it to bless my things. I use it for the home and for baths for myself and my children.
Olive oil and Psalm 91 really do it for me :love:

Psalm

I groan back and sometimes I do so viciously
Reaction score
Reactions
283,912 18,832 4,093
Alleybux
My pastor encouraged those of us that were parenting teens to anoint their headboards with oil and I sure did!