How to make a gif my profile pic?

Reactions
4,510 88 6
Alleybux
So I’ve noticed some of you guys have Gifs as profile pics & and animated titles and I really want to do that, but my gifs don’t seem to animate when I try. How can I do that on an iphone (if I can)?

pet's icon pet

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
Reactions
41,307 1,528 1,358
Alleybux
i have trouble with some gifs as well! I always trial and error until i find a gif that actually stays as a gif when i upload! Ill be tagging this thread because i would love a solution as well.

pet's icon pet

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
Reactions
41,307 1,528 1,358
Alleybux
OK SO! Pet might have figured this out!

So, i think it has something to do with how big the file is? I noticed that my Tom Riddle gif worked perfectly fine while my Rita Hayworth GIF wasn't working at all. I looked around in my picture properties and found my file size for Tom Riddle was around 57kb while my Rita Hayworth was 557kb!!

After i saw that, i decided to lower my file size for Rita by playing around in my photoshop. I set Rita to 150 x 150 which gave her 352 KB and now it works!

So you may need to play around with the sizing of the GIF you want to use! Rita is the one i'm using right now and the size is 150x150. My Tom riddle GIF was 220 x 125.

I hope this helps out a bit!

Reactions
4,510 88 6
Alleybux

So, i think it has something to do with how big the file is? I noticed that my Tom Riddle gif worked perfectly fine while my Rita Hayworth GIF wasn't working at all. I looked around in my picture properties and found my file size for Tom Riddle was around 57kb while my Rita Hayworth was 557kb!!

After i saw that, i decided to lower my file size for Rita by playing around in my photoshop. I set Rita to 150 x 150 which gave her 352 KB and now it works!

So you may need to play around with the sizing of the GIF you want to use! Rita is the one i'm using right now and the size is 150x150. My Tom riddle GIF was 220 x 125.

Thank you! Gonna try it now

Reactions
27,647 101 117
Alleybux

Great advice!

Reactions
63 1
Alleybux
Thanks for this thread really useful and totally appreciate as a newbie. I hope to focus on the astrology side of LSA, but hopefully this information will come in use.

Tan

Reactions
25,947 179 41
Alleybux

Right. If the size is too big it won’t work.

The Culture

Celebrity News

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Gorgeous Black model and her hunk hubby
I ignored his pout....but kept seeing it....my God.....it is SO annoying.
Atlanta Tea 2.0: 2021 Edition
Is it possible that the “three piece” Britt was referring to was from Uzi’s sister? When Asian Doll was going at JT on Twitter she mentioned that...
White friend is attached to me and steals and copies my ideas
Holy shit, I'm not trying to derail but I am having this same issue with a needy possibly mentally ill yt coworker. Even down to her trying to...
The Clubhouse App Official Discussion Thread
I have never liked Arshawn but this whole room of people going after him is ridiculous. Every week Michelle is trying to cancel someone. Everybody...
The Conjure Products by Lala Inuti Ahari
I’ve heard from other practitioners that love can be invoked and generated, but I wouldn’t trust her to be spelling those candles when it appears...
  • Poll
Black woman goes on mini rant, says she gonna support Asian nail shops no matter what! “They...
So now that the black female nail techs know that customers don’t want to pay deposits and pre book appointments what are they going to do to meet...
UPDATE Reddit Users Are LEGALLY Gaming The Stock Market...
I totally agree, at this price point most people shouldn't touch it. My friend got in very early and has been holding since last summer. I hope...
Top Bottom