Quantcast

HR looks out for the best interest of the employer, not the employee.

Butters2001

Voice Note Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
134,987 8,032 4,552
Alleybux
This needs to be said over and over again. This goes for every situation as well. I have seen instances where HR is cool with a manager and will tip a manager about a employee complaint so that said manager could fire the employee before the story blows up. The HR person would not even file any type of paperwork documenting the incident.

A perfect example of this would be this girl I worked with who needed to call off because her child was sick. Our manager deadass told her to get someone to babysit the little monkey...BTW this ain’t some story she told me, I was present when he said and checked him.

She reported him for racism to the very black HR lady only for her to gaslight her and say how she’s known him for years and that he probably meant it in a different way. We must discuss how black folk get into certain positions and become the biggest ***** who yearns for white validation. To make a long story short...the girl was fired out of no where shortly after.

I’ve also seen a girl report xesual assault to HR, and they made it seem like they got rid of the guy but they did not, they gave him a big promotion where he was required to travel a lot. The girl found out when they ignorantly had him assigned to visit our location. She ended up quitting. This guy was a huge company favorite.

HR only exist to protect the image of the company.

CecilX

the universe in ecstatic motion
Reaction score
Reactions
19,877 398 10
Alleybux
She reported him for racism to the very black HR lady only for her to gaslight her and say how she’s known him for years and that he probably meant it in a different way. We must discuss how black folk get into certain positions and become the biggest ***** who yearns for white validation. To make a long story short...the girl was fired out of no where shortly after.
Tragically sad but true. I’ve seen this often enough to break my heart in the sheer disappointment of it all.

Pat McGroin

Yeeeerp!
Reaction score
Reactions
20,117 1,108 209
Alleybux
I am in HR and can attest to this, so I strive not to be the norm. I think getting some decades in as non HR allows me to consider both sides since I’ve had my throat cut several times as an employee in corporate America.

I feel every HR shouldn’t go straight from a degree to HR, you need to get your ass kicked in the corporate jungle first to understand the employee’s plight.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
11,765 317 10
Alleybux
I am in HR and can attest to this, so I strive not to be the norm. I think getting some decades in as non HR allows me to consider both sides since I’ve had my throat cut several times as an employee in corporate America.

I feel every HR shouldn’t go straight from a degree to HR, you need to get your ass kicked in the corporate jungle first to understand the employee’s plight.
This! Same here. I left Internal Audit to go into HR and can attest to the same exact thing. I'm only one person but my goal is that the people I work with find me/HR resourceful, respectful, and personable. I hope they see that I really do care. The employee is not always right but we all know these companies damn sure aren't either! My current employer has a much better culture than my last and from what I've seen, they really try to promote a strong company culture where employees (staff and management) feel comfortable working with HR. My last job was awful. They wanted us to treat employees like trash. I refused to do so so I left.

LoveSupreme

01/06/21 - Planet of the Apes Day -
Reaction score
Reactions
134,305 8,451 7,808
Alleybux
This needs to be said over and over again. This goes for every situation as well. I have seen instances where HR is cool with a manager and will tip a manager about a employee complaint so that said manager could fire the employee before the story blows up. The HR person would not even file any type of paperwork documenting the incident.

A perfect example of this would be this girl I worked with who needed to call off because her child was sick. Our manager deadass told her to get someone to babysit the little monkey...BTW this ain’t some story she told me, I was present when he said and checked him.

I’ve also seen a girl report xesual assault to HR, and they made it seem like they got rid of the guy but they did not, they gave him a big promotion where he was required to travel a lot. The girl found out when they ignorantly had him assigned to visit our location. She ended up quitting. This guy was a huge company favorite.

Oh, somebody finally woke up today.

ViviB

$3.60
Reaction score
Reactions
26,202 1,036 204
Alleybux
I’ve had this exact same thing happen to me. I’ve received more justice from YT people in HR than Black people, and it pains me to say that

IIOO

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,793 11,773 29,821
Alleybux
A lot of women use HR to eliminate their competition or people they hate for childish reasons. They’re not there to cater to your demands.

Kano1987

LSA OG Fav! 2009 til infinity
Reaction score
Reactions
328,326 12,228 7,480
Alleybux
I never go to HR.

Always consult with a lawyer on major issues.

Last edited:

Who?Me?

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
355,644 5,408 641
Alleybux
This is why when people say "I'm going to HR to talk about...". I say, "don't do it". If it's xesual harassment or discrimination related, compile all of your documentation and file a complaint with the EEOC and lawyer up. Once it's filed there, HR or the company cannot turn a blind eye.

Go to HR if you want it swept under the rug and out of a job

croix

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
45,028 901 193
Alleybux
The worst HR people I've ever dealt with are always tap dancing **** ass black woman. With bad weaves.

liltutetute

Thebest
Reaction score
Reactions
53,630 8,384 4,710
Alleybux
Facts. The craziest thing happened at my job. We discovered a Jewish coworker was stealing from the company credit card. We also suspected he was abusing drugs. We told our black supervisor... she said she’d handle it herself. I don’t know what happened but next thing I know she is fired and he was still there. The company’s ceo and higher ups are all Jewish. Smh.. I mean he eventually quit (disappeared, idk).

I swear I can’t stand my job but they are paying for my school. Soon as it’s done I’m out.

Who?Me?

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
355,644 5,408 641
Alleybux
funny HR story - I was terminated. In the severance letter there was NO clause for acceptance in lieu making claims against my employer. Before I accepted the 5 months check, I contacted an attorney to weigh my options to sue them. It was a clear cut case.

Exactly 2 weeks to the day of my firing my attorney sent notice to the company and a few days after that an EEOC notice was sent. After months of meetings and negotiations, I was able to secure a full years worth of pay and they paid my legal fees. It was a discrimination issue. I had months worth of emails, notes I had taken and recordings of conversations between me and my supervisor. Jerk

The gag is: the lady in HR was a dumb as a box of rocks and left out about 2 additional pages that should have been included in the termination letter

lucygoosey

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
146,382 9,968 3,306
Alleybux

Not to make this a race argument...but there was a post about Latinas in the workplace and I was groaned for saying black women are no different than Latinas. Thank you for giving yet another example. I've seen black women get fired by other black women for the most stupid, silliest things while protecting the white employees who would actually break company policies. The self hatred and crabs in a barrel mentality is too much.

Butters2001

Voice Note Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
134,987 8,032 4,552
Alleybux
Not to make this a race argument...but there was a post about Latinas in the workplace and I was groaned for saying black women are no different than Latinas. Thank you for giving yet another example. I've seen black women get fired by other black women for the most stupid, silliest things while protecting the white employees who would actually break company policies. The self hatred and crabs in a barrel mentality is too much.
I most definitely agree, my experience with Latinos in the workplace in general regardless of gender has leaned more bad then hood. That is because most of them like to put up a front like they got your back until it’s time to throw black people under the bus.

Black women have been a mixed bag. Most hair discrimination I’ve faced in the work place has been from black women followed by gay white men. As much as black women talk about how evil gay white men are, is ironic because it seems that the self-hating black women and gay white men stay linked up.

Oddly enough black men rather they be hetero, or gay have never been a issue. However, I stay running into biracial, “black” men with identity issues in the workplace that love unloading onto their black women coworkers. They are a fµck!ng mess and will pick on you to make themselves feel valid.

Last edited:

Butters2001

Voice Note Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
134,987 8,032 4,552
Alleybux
The worst HR people I've ever dealt with are always tap dancing **** ass black woman. With bad weaves.
This is tea, I refuse to get close to any lady who fits those characteristics. No shade, I’m sure there are black PR women who are not like that but many have ruined the overall reputation.

Also let me just add, if you have a ethnic black name as it relates to AA culture. The chances your resume will be thrown out will depend on rather or not the scout or HR person who comes across it is a self-hating black woman. There are too many examples of black women with, “Ghetto” names that are successful. Perfect example is Frederika Whitfield from CNN.

Notice every time we have conversations about this it always revolves some black HR lady like the one from Tik Tok that admitted to descrimination. I’m not saying other races and genders don’t do this but it is imperative that we know that there are people who look like us who will do anything to uphold white supremacy.

daybydai

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,170 73 2
Alleybux
funny HR story - I was terminated. In the severance letter there was NO clause for acceptance in lieu making claims against my employer. Before I accepted the 5 months check, I contacted an attorney to weigh my options to sue them. It was a clear cut case.

Exactly 2 weeks to the day of my firing my attorney sent notice to the company and a few days after that an EEOC notice was sent. After months of meetings and negotiations, I was able to secure a full years worth of pay and they paid my legal fees. It was a discrimination issue. I had months worth of emails, notes I had taken and recordings of conversations between me and my supervisor. Jerk

The gag is: the lady in HR was a dumb as a box of rocks and left out about 2 additional pages that should have been included in the termination letter
Omg! Can I PLEASE message you?

Tabatha99

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,438 316 69
Alleybux
I've never gone to HR. Never. I've left jobs before I'd do that.

I was in HR once. My shady boss did my initial eval there and thought he'd intimidate me and the HR woman was going along with it (crazy company all nepotism etc).

I stood up for myself and then I gave my 2 weeks right there on the spot. The HR woman was like what what wait don't do that! We can work this out blah blah and my boss was the same.

I said No and walked out of the office to go back to my desk. Wrote up my letter, emailed to her and my boss and then did nothing the rest of the day.

I worked my two weeks so I could get my accrued time paid to me.

Noladebby

⚜️ Made in New Orleans ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
76,886 2,253 1,262
Alleybux
I worked at one company where they literally had this in writing on their website. They also wrote that if you have a conflict with your boss that ain't related to some form of discrimination that they didn't care and not to bring it to them.

Deranged fonts on here be so quick to tell or encourage other fonts to go to HR. I just shake my head.

richinheart

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,080 225 177
Alleybux
Yup, you are 100% correct. Pretty much HR is useless unless you are a manager. They don't care about anyone else