HTGAWM 5X01 - “Your Funeral” 9-27-18

Don't fuck with me fellas!
Reactions
108,814 706 177
Alleybux
@GrahamCracker

I agree. Out of all the men who raped Bonnie, Pete decided to make the father a Black man? How could he not see that feeding right into negative stereotypes. Then the worst part is that he killed Wes off and it doesn’t seem like Gabriel Maddox is going to be a good guy either. My question is, how did Frank recognize him as an adult? He must have kept tabs on him. It doesn’t seem like he called Annalise, because she genuinely didn’t seem to know who Gabriel was. So now I wonder who he did call in season 4.
And Michaela is the new Wes with how they (Oliver above all) treat her. Pete set her up to be the "you ain't shit" character last season for no reason whatsoever - except that it goes with the "it's all your fault" pattern against Annalise and Wes from past seasons.

I guess Frank is on the phone with Nate. They'll explain it in a 5 second flashback. The Frank vs. Gabriel dynamic is again a repetition of the Frank vs. Wes dynamic where the writing is siding with Frank.
The whole show seems to rotate around these racist-ish dynamics between characters. When you "read" the show through this (white characters always win/are redeemed and claim moral superiority, the storylines reflect negatively on the black characters who are then berated by the white characters) it starts to look very planed because of how consistent these patterns have been through the seasons.

Team Owner
Reactions
54,673 691 163
Alleybux
-I felt bad for Annalise when Bonnie turned her down. Viola/Liza have great chemistry imo. It felt like they were breaking up haha
View attachment 496835
Nah Bonnie and Annalise done broke up at least 5 times on this show (they had at least 2 or 3 in season 2 alone lol). This was "I'm tryna get that old thang back baby" from Annalise lmao...

They do have the best scenes. Their relationship (whatever the hell it is that given day) is my favorite and the most interesting dynamic of the series...

Anna Mae
Reactions
119,036 461 79
Alleybux
Nah Bonnie and Annalise done broke up at least 5 times on this show (they had at least 2 or 3 in season 2 alone lol). This was "I'm tryna get that old thang back baby" from Annalise lmao...

They do have the best scenes. Their relationship (whatever the hell it is that given day) is my favorite and the most interesting dynamic of the series...
lol I just think Bonnie was a wasted character last season because most of her scenes were with Nate. I think it would be nice to see Annalise and Bonnie work together in her new firm. That is one of the few relationships that Pete hasn't destroyed. Plus I think Liza is the best actor after Viola so that makes their scenes ever better.

Last edited:
Team Owner
Reactions
54,673 691 163
Alleybux
lol I just think Bonnie was a wasted character last season because most of her scenes were with Nate. I think it would be nice to see Annalise and Bonnie work together in her new firm. That is one of the few relationships that Pete hasn't been destroyed. Plus I think Liza is the best actor after Viola so that makes their scenes ever better.
I didn't really mind her with Nate because that poor girl needs a damn friend lol. A normal friend. He balanced out her crazy and she definitely needed it because she was on her Bernie from from Waiting to Exhale shit in the beginning of last season :ROFLMAO:...

Team Owner
Reactions
93,342 1,331 301
Alleybux
I didn't read through the whole thread to see if this was addressed, but in last season's finale did Frank definitely say that he found "Bonnie's son" or was it just implied? I ask because in the last scene of this ep when they went back and forth between the christening and Gabriel balling, the priest's voice over about "the Son" rising/back from death while showing Gabriel made me wonder if they're gonna do a switcharoo and have him be Annalise's son. Don't know how they'd do that since he's supposed to be dead, but that's what immediately came to mind. Or was Bonnie's son supposedly deceased too?

Somebody tag me next time! Thanks!

General Manager
Reactions
16,670 205 57
Alleybux
@Geminiyoungster

Thank you for the tag! Thanks to DVR I didnt know this season was airing.

Now for my comments on this episode!

Chile I died @ crazy franks face when Laurel told him no after getting on one knee. I love Keating's gold top she wore beautiful! I love Nate's fine ass being eye candy but he serves no purpose in the show. Did Laurel try to kill herself last season? hence the marks on her arm? They need to change my girls Michael's hair all these seasons, just the typical long hair. Add some color, make it wavy do something. Frank can come off as loyal dummy sometimes. They really made a black man rape bonnie for her to have this mixed child. really? It looks like I need to watch last episode of season 4 . Sometimes I feel the writers dont address certain things in past seasons and mysteriously add them im current season making people more confused onto of new plots.

Every time I watch this show it raises my blood pressure, because it takes my emotion all over the place throughout the season. These writers need to relax,IMO they add too much into the mix and you lose track who's, who and whats going on. Its like you need a damn notepad when you watch the season.

I see Michaelas mentor is getting jealous of Annalise. I hope that was Laurel that died @ the wedding but it isn't when they did a flashback to campus the person who died was staring @ two females so its a male who died.

Didnt they all past the bar? why are still back in school? this show can be all over the place.

Last edited:
Team Owner
Reactions
54,673 691 163
Alleybux
Since when has this show given us the obvious answer? This show is misleading on purpose. The obvious answer is never the answer. Gabe, although fits the age group of Bonnie's son, is most likely not Bonnie's son. Someone else is (either someone we've met, or someone we haven't been introduced to yet). They want us to think this on purpose. They always do...

Don't fuck with me fellas!
Reactions
108,814 706 177
Alleybux
Since when has this show given us the obvious answer? This show is misleading on purpose. The obvious answer is never the answer. Gabe, although fits the age group of Bonnie's son, is most likely not Bonnie's son. Someone else is (either someone we've met, or someone we haven't been introduced to yet). They want us to think this on purpose. They always do...
Not really. They gave plenty of obvious answers before.

Television Alley

General Alley

Recent Posts

Would you go on a date with someone off a dating app you aren't attracted to?
No normal man asks a woman out on a date without taking first for at least 6 weeks. Like who wants to drink coffee with a strange man/woman? You...
All these I hate my mama threads been breaking my heart lately
Okay girl. I suggest you enjoy that smoke because you don’t want none with me. We can take this to the back alley. I don’t give a fuck about going...
Transgender woman wears DIAPERS to work since manager banned him from using the Women's
so he would rather pee in diapers and go through all that trouble. Instead of carrying himself to the bathroom.
when a guy says he doesnt want to be in a relationship but is doing relationship things?
Believe him. He's doing stuff to get the benefit of a relationship but will balk/bail when pushed to define it as a relationship. If you want to...
when a guy says he doesnt want to be in a relationship but is doing relationship things?
He might be into you but not into you enough to claim you. He wants to keep you as a placeholder while he can see other people without being held...
Detroit Gossip part III
Oh y’all was hating again, cus Kar look cute with her lil haircut . Ion gone lie this pic looks kinda drag queenish after they take they wig off...
Why Do Black Men Make so Many EXCUSES not to date Black Women?
Black women are black men biggest support and black men are black women worst attackers. Facts on tops of facts but the pick me's and low hanging...
Top Bottom