Quantcast

HTGAWM 5X01 - “Your Funeral” 9-27-18

PoeticPisces

Too young for MySpace, too old for Tik Tok
Reaction score
Reactions
95,276 2,654 869
Alleybux
The irony of Christopher’s favourite stuffed animal being a giraffe lol.
I miss long neck

S.O.L

Sensational Cheverly
Reaction score
Reactions
119,365 2,725 650
Alleybux
I am hoping like hell it's Laurel dying in the snow.

I am disgusted at how pathetic Frank's fine ass is obsessed with her.

So is JImmy Smits gone? I thought they were gonna smash this year.

S.O.L

Sensational Cheverly
Reaction score
Reactions
119,365 2,725 650
Alleybux
I am hoping like hell it's Laurel dying in the snow.

I am disgusted at how pathetic Frank's fine ass is obsessed with her.

So is JImmy Smits gone? I thought they were gonna smash this year.

nesha30

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,013 187 23
Alleybux
am i the only one who doesn't like michaela? i really don't like how she is always coming for annaliese.

Nu Lo

Starter
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
885 23 43
Alleybux
am i the only one who doesn't like michaela? i really don't like how she is always coming for annaliese.

She just angry, annoying or thirsty. Been that way since the beginning. No development really.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,904 5,784 517
Alleybux
Okay so I just watched and I enjoyed it, Annalise's scenes that is. I forgot what boss b!tch Annalise looked and sounded like. I literally tuned out whenever Viola wasn't on my screen. As long as AK is not a crying weak mess I think I'll tune it. I'm not sure if I'll watch it live because there's too many characters/plots that I don't care about.

-The Keating 4, Oliver, and Frank are useless and bland. So now they are supposed to be living together because they are all broke yet somehow Oliver is putting Connor through law school..:unsure:

-I felt bad for Annalise when Bonnie turned her down. Viola/Liza have great chemistry imo. It felt like they were breaking up haha
upload_2018-9-29_18-46-2.png

-I don't care about Gabriel at all. This #whoisgarbiel plot looks terrible already. Frank talking to someone about killing him does nothing for me. He looks ridiculous.

-Seeing that Viola called Tegan an formidable opponent I foresee some bµllsh!t coming from her character.

-I'm not mad at Nate getting a new love interest or him being friends with Bonnie. Then again he is the one who has the files..

-The flash forward is already looking a hot mess. The preview of Annalise slapping Frank caught my interest but after the baby was shown in the snow...
tumblr_ncu75jpdjE1r00543o8_r2_250.gif

-That scene of Annalise calling Laurel was so said. I don't even think it was about xes when she look at Nate's number. She is so lonely. :no2

Annalise looks happy, lets how they ruin her this season

You know it's coming.

There will never be another Wes, this new guy shows me that they regret getting rid of him ESPECIALLY the way that they did. The sh!t is still depressing!

It was ridiculous how blatant Pete was in trying to recreate the opening scene of the 1st season.

Hall Monitor Nate back to his duties I see.

It's what he's best at.

I believe the only reason they have Anna back on top was because of ratings. We tune in for Boss Annalise not messed up Annalise and pathetic Laurel. They saw those ratings flash before their eyes.

ABC got in that ass but looking at the ratings it might be too late.

I love how everyone hates michaela for the deportation, but not all the murders that got them there

Right! Simon was a pointless character that should have been killed off in s3.

Wait is Laurel and this gay couple gonna all be in the same house? This is an obvious plot device and doesn't make sense, just like them going back to school.

It's beyond ridiculous.

When is Annalise gonna get laid? It's been long enough? I :heart: Tannalise (Tegan & Annalise)

49d8a7f2d461c2826e82e2440767f078.jpg

I miss my Eve :frown

:laugh2 but seriously I think the only reason why Annalise has not gotten laid (even off screen) is because Viola has not been feeling the love interests that Pete has given her.

Annalise didn't lie. Call Asher out.

I've been over Asher making everything a joke. Maybe he will get a decent story line this season.

lol. "Who died at the wedding?" SMH

Given last season's "twists" watch it be Laurel's mom. lol

I'm sure it will be a shocking like when Denver was murdered. :rolleyes2

b1c181b0f82b963b458cf5e4c7f6e8c2.jpg

That was me watching, I was unimpressed.
I thought it was solid but that's mainly because of Viola's acting.

Last edited:

V I X E N

Reaction score
Reactions
92,865 1,287 529
Alleybux
I really feel like it’s Laurel’s mom in the snow. She probably tried to take the baby or something.

Mencha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,877 3,011 1,161
Alleybux

I am whatever with Michaela at this point. I just don't think her character is written to justify why she thinks she has proven herself and is on any level close to Annalise.

IMO that is the problem with this show, the older characters Annalise, Bonnie, Frank, Teagen and the new law office partner look and act like their age. Which is why it is unbelievable that supposed mid 20 year olds would be having relationships and acting like they are counter-parts.

EtherealBee

I achieve
Reaction score
Reactions
70,630 2,594 1,020
Alleybux
I also don't like Michaela, she's pretty to look at but everything else about her is whatever to me. Annalise was right about Asher also. Note, I don't like how Asher was willing to pimp Michaela out and risk putting her in danger. It reflected poorly on him.

vaguebeaut

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,967 2,936 1,237
Alleybux
But yeah, I'm curious as to why the writers focused on Laurel so much last season. It was kinda interesting, but hopefully there is way less of her this season.

vaguebeaut

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,967 2,936 1,237
Alleybux
I feel like this episode, Asher took a major L, but I think he will get some sort of redemption later on in the season. Like, he'll prob do something to help the group, with being in Anna's class to prove that he "knows who he is".

VeryEasy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
22,108 658 587
Alleybux
I didn't read through the thread but has anyone else questioned how they found so many people to attend their wedding? They don't know that many people so why lie. It are they all Oliver's work friends and ex cons they managed to free?

Preme Team

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
94,653 3,532 421
Alleybux
wait is that Teagan dying in the snow? Kinda sounds like her
If so why is baby Christopher in the snow crying?
Im still saying fµck Horel and Bonnie
Let me circle back to Teagan my god she's gorgeous... her walk tho...
tenor.gif

peppercorn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
74,585 1,966 138
Alleybux
If Bonnie Schmurda killed Rebecca and kills Laurel she's my new hero...taking out all my least faves. Make it so tv Jesus.

Last edited:

Toocoolforschoo

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
96,929 1,770 409
Alleybux
Pete's showrunning tends to skew problematic when it comes to black characters and their storylines. I don't know if he's oblivious to it or if he does it on purpose, either way he tends to indulge.
@GrahamCracker

I agree. Out of all the men who raped Bonnie, Pete decided to make the father a Black man? How could he not see that feeding right into negative stereotypes. Then the worst part is that he killed Wes off and it doesn’t seem like Gabriel Maddox is going to be a good guy either. My question is, how did Frank recognize him as an adult? He must have kept tabs on him. It doesn’t seem like he called Annalise, because she genuinely didn’t seem to know who Gabriel was. So now I wonder who he did call in season 4.

GrahamCracker

Don't fµck with me fellas!
Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
@GrahamCracker

I agree. Out of all the men who raped Bonnie, Pete decided to make the father a Black man? How could he not see that feeding right into negative stereotypes. Then the worst part is that he killed Wes off and it doesn’t seem like Gabriel Maddox is going to be a good guy either. My question is, how did Frank recognize him as an adult? He must have kept tabs on him. It doesn’t seem like he called Annalise, because she genuinely didn’t seem to know who Gabriel was. So now I wonder who he did call in season 4.
And Michaela is the new Wes with how they (Oliver above all) treat her. Pete set her up to be the "you ain't sh!t" character last season for no reason whatsoever - except that it goes with the "it's all your fault" pattern against Annalise and Wes from past seasons.

I guess Frank is on the phone with Nate. They'll explain it in a 5 second flashback. The Frank vs. Gabriel dynamic is again a repetition of the Frank vs. Wes dynamic where the writing is siding with Frank.
The whole show seems to rotate around these racist-ish dynamics between characters. When you "read" the show through this (white characters always win/are redeemed and claim moral superiority, the storylines reflect negatively on the black characters who are then berated by the white characters) it starts to look very planed because of how consistent these patterns have been through the seasons.

MicheleK

Code Poet
Reaction score
Reactions
46,489 947 356
Alleybux
It was a good season opener, I liked it. I need to finish watching Scandal before someone spoil it for me here.

CoolieGYALinBK

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
399 43 28
Alleybux
All HTGAWM does is leave ppl hanging. I feel like nothing is revealed in a single episode. SMH. Now we find out this is Bonnie pickney? WHY?!

Ash_Lee_Can

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,813 779 167
Alleybux
-I felt bad for Annalise when Bonnie turned her down. Viola/Liza have great chemistry imo. It felt like they were breaking up haha
View attachment 496835
Nah Bonnie and Annalise done broke up at least 5 times on this show (they had at least 2 or 3 in season 2 alone lol). This was "I'm tryna get that old thang back baby" from Annalise lmao...

They do have the best scenes. Their relationship (whatever the hell it is that given day) is my favorite and the most interesting dynamic of the series...

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,904 5,784 517
Alleybux
Nah Bonnie and Annalise done broke up at least 5 times on this show (they had at least 2 or 3 in season 2 alone lol). This was "I'm tryna get that old thang back baby" from Annalise lmao...

They do have the best scenes. Their relationship (whatever the hell it is that given day) is my favorite and the most interesting dynamic of the series...
lol I just think Bonnie was a wasted character last season because most of her scenes were with Nate. I think it would be nice to see Annalise and Bonnie work together in her new firm. That is one of the few relationships that Pete hasn't destroyed. Plus I think Liza is the best actor after Viola so that makes their scenes ever better.

Last edited:

Ash_Lee_Can

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,813 779 167
Alleybux
lol I just think Bonnie was a wasted character last season because most of her scenes were with Nate. I think it would be nice to see Annalise and Bonnie work together in her new firm. That is one of the few relationships that Pete hasn't been destroyed. Plus I think Liza is the best actor after Viola so that makes their scenes ever better.
I didn't really mind her with Nate because that poor girl needs a damn friend lol. A normal friend. He balanced out her crazy and she definitely needed it because she was on her Bernie from from Waiting to Exhale sh!t in the beginning of last season :ROFLMAO:...

24Seven

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
94,132 1,351 302
Alleybux
I didn't read through the whole thread to see if this was addressed, but in last season's finale did Frank definitely say that he found "Bonnie's son" or was it just implied? I ask because in the last scene of this ep when they went back and forth between the christening and Gabriel balling, the priest's voice over about "the Son" rising/back from death while showing Gabriel made me wonder if they're gonna do a switcharoo and have him be Annalise's son. Don't know how they'd do that since he's supposed to be dead, but that's what immediately came to mind. Or was Bonnie's son supposedly deceased too?

Somebody tag me next time! Thanks!

smlz50

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,162 315 82
Alleybux
@Geminiyoungster

Thank you for the tag! Thanks to DVR I didnt know this season was airing.

Now for my comments on this episode!

Chile I died @ crazy franks face when Laurel told him no after getting on one knee. I love Keating's gold top she wore beautiful! I love Nate's fine ass being eye candy but he serves no purpose in the show. Did Laurel try to kill herself last season? hence the marks on her arm? They need to change my girls Michael's hair all these seasons, just the typical long hair. Add some color, make it wavy do something. Frank can come off as loyal dummy sometimes. They really made a black man rape bonnie for her to have this mixed child. really? It looks like I need to watch last episode of season 4 . Sometimes I feel the writers dont address certain things in past seasons and mysteriously add them im current season making people more confused onto of new plots.

Every time I watch this show it raises my blood pressure, because it takes my emotion all over the place throughout the season. These writers need to relax,IMO they add too much into the mix and you lose track who's, who and whats going on. Its like you need a damn notepad when you watch the season.

I see Michaelas mentor is getting jealous of Annalise. I hope that was Laurel that died @ the wedding but it isn't when they did a flashback to campus the person who died was staring @ two females so its a male who died.

Didnt they all past the bar? why are still back in school? this show can be all over the place.

Last edited:

Ash_Lee_Can

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,813 779 167
Alleybux
Since when has this show given us the obvious answer? This show is misleading on purpose. The obvious answer is never the answer. Gabe, although fits the age group of Bonnie's son, is most likely not Bonnie's son. Someone else is (either someone we've met, or someone we haven't been introduced to yet). They want us to think this on purpose. They always do...

GrahamCracker

Don't fµck with me fellas!
Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
Since when has this show given us the obvious answer? This show is misleading on purpose. The obvious answer is never the answer. Gabe, although fits the age group of Bonnie's son, is most likely not Bonnie's son. Someone else is (either someone we've met, or someone we haven't been introduced to yet). They want us to think this on purpose. They always do...
Not really. They gave plenty of obvious answers before.

Trending Threads

News Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom