Quantcast

HTGAWM 5x04 - “Its her kid” 10-18-19

GrahamCracker

Don't fµck with me fellas!
Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
Girl you know that's a damn lie. If it wasn't about Rebecca Wes didn't care...still better than Great Value Wes though.
But that was like 2/3 of the original premise and 1/2 the main plot when the show debuted.
If Wes didn't give a sh!t about Rebecca the K5 wouldn't have a reason to exist in the show.
Not that i would miss them terribly but most of the time people who had issues with Wes and/or Rebecca had an issue with them specifically because they took attention away from the K5 or more specifically the Flaurel and Coliver "storylines".
The whole show stands on the premise that the justice system is corrupt, inefficient and unjust. The DA office basically trying to frame Rebecca and Wes seeing through it is how they first showed us that. This i presume was supposed to set up a justification for them getting away with Sam's murder.
Pete dropped that after the first mid season finale when he decided that following the b!tch-asses' hookups and them bitching about how their precious lives were being ruined by Annalise and Wes. Ultimately he had to backtrack with Annalise who's whole narrative revolves around that original premise. The first time the show even explicitly addresses the issue of vulnerable people needing defense against a system rigged against them is when Wes convinces Annalise to take on Rebecca as a client.

Think of it this way. If Wes never bothered with Rebecca, Sam would still be alive which means no Eve for Annalise in S2.

I never understood why people had so much of an issue with Rebecca. She was such a non factor for me. After the first mid season finale it was obvious she wasn't gonna make it alive for much longer. They just threw her whenever they needed her for the plot which meant creating a dumb red-herring for Lila's murder after everyone already knew Sam was behind it.

Last edited:

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,927 5,784 517
Alleybux
But that was like 2/3 of the original premise and 1/2 the main plot when the show debuted.
If Wes didn't give a sh!t about Rebecca the K5 wouldn't have a reason to exist in the show.
Not that i would miss them terribly but most of the time people who had issues with Wes and/or Rebecca had an issue with them specifically because they took attention away from the K5 or more specifically the Flaurel and Coliver "storylines".
The whole show stands on the premise that the justice system is corrupt, inefficient and unjust. The DA office basically trying to frame Rebecca and Wes seeing through it is how they first showed as that. This i presume was supposed to set up a justification for them getting away with Sam's murder.
Pete dropped that after the first mid season finale when he decided that following the b!tch-asses' hookups and them bitching about how their precious lives were being ruined by Annalise and Wes. Ultimately he had to backtrack with Annalise who's whole narrative revolves around that original premise. The first time the show even explicitly addresses the issue of vulnerable people needing defense against a system rigged against them is when Wes convinces Annalise to take on Rebecca as a client.

Think of it this way. If Wes never bothered with Rebecca, Sam would still be alive which means no Eve for Annalise in S2.

I never understood why people had so much of an issue with Rebecca. She was such a non factor for me. After the first mid season finale it was obvious she wasn't gonna make it alive for much longer. They just threw her whenever they needed her for the plot which meant creating a dumb red-herring for Lila's murder after everyone already knew Sam was behind it.
She annoyed me but I don't disagree. I was just making a point about Wes working on cases. I would take the Rebecca plot any day of the week then the the subsequent crap that Pete gave the audience to care about.

Last edited:

GrahamCracker

Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
I don't disagree I was just making a point about Wes working on cases. I would take the Rebecca plot any day of the week then the the subsequent crap that Pete gave the audience to care about.
They didn't really give him much to do with the cases and the cases themselves disappeared quickly too. I remember him being assigned to the Hapstal sister and that he figured something up from a painting she gave him.

I can't really remember anybody but Frank first and later Oliver contributing anything of substance to the cases. The show is very formulaic that way - there's always a breakthrough following someone being hacked. Hell they're inserting Oliver in Frank's investigation already, exactly how Laurel's whole plan became all about Oliver last season.

I was thinking more about how Wes was moving the overreaching plots rather than the cases of the week.

Toocoolforschoo

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
96,930 1,770 409
Alleybux
Some of you guys sound lost but I don’t blame you. The htgwm world is complicated.

I don’t believe Gabe is Annalise’s son. He died as an infant. Where else would she get a son that age from?

Also remember that frank knew who he was since last season finale.

Bonnie doesn’t have a twin...it’s her sister Julie but the sister doesn’t have anything to with her. Nate is currently trying to find out who is Bonnie’s son and used the heroine needle from the boy that Julie was yelling at. That test came back negative.

The whole thing could be that gabe isn’t even her son

I wonder why Nate didn’t ask the Nurse what the baby looked like so he could narrow down his search.
Good points

Toocoolforschoo

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
96,930 1,770 409
Alleybux
Lord, here we go with one of the Keatimg crying and blaming Annalise for ever damn thing wrong in his life. Connor’s ass was in breakdown mode until
he got to work with Annalise and the gang again, now he’s being petty and needing something to b!tch about. They all get on my damn nerves.
True but Connor has been petty since day one. In Season One, his pettiness was funny. I used to love he and Michaela’s banter. They were true frenemies, but their chemistry was obvious so you knew in the end they would be friends. I don’t like how they write his character either (I already talked about not liking the way they write Michaela and Laurel). I really hope this season redeems the show

GrahamCracker

Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
I used to love he and Michaela’s banter. They were true frenemies, but their chemistry was obvious so you knew in the end they would be friends.
I disagree with this. All those scenes tended to end with Michaela looking pissed or hurt and in silence. Their friendship also never benefited her but it was always a prop up for him. I always say this but after the mid season finale in S1 and throughout S2 the bulk of Michaela's lines could be summed up as "What Connor said".
Especially when he would go on his rants against Annalise or Wes. In this episode Annalise actually gets to clap back at him, but in previous seasons she would never have the last word. That pattern between Connor and Michaela is often how those scenes would end rather than Annalise (or Wes) clapping back at him.

TalkOfNuYork

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
694,023 35,105 4,760
Alleybux
I thought it wAs because he was willing to sleep with people to get information. He was a charismatic hoe

Connor is an annoying character but Jack Falahee is fine (with hair). He loves him some Aja...

CqpWEXVUkAAH1Jh.jpg

2f2530d9e94afc78c8594db438cca607.jpg

4f106b785f061e9d2a677ed8e53e92ba.jpg

Toocoolforschoo

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
96,930 1,770 409
Alleybux
I want to agree with this but im confused cause AK know what Happened to wes mom... She saw him with the bloody knife.. all that at the jail interviewing him with Eve...

She was pregnant and had the accident but I'm sure that can't be at the same time, she would have been in the hospital or somewhere crying her eyes out over the death...

So I'm thinking the baby could be Wes age... Like she met mom when pregnant and maybe wes mom was pregnant then too... AK baby dies.. then she comes back years later and that when Wes mom died...

Maybe i need to rewatch .... I want to say when i saw it i was like its all at the same time but now when im thinking back i wonder if its not at the same Time...

Did frank look different? Was AK hair different?
@NotW8n

Annalise met Christophe/Wes’ mom in Season 2, when she was representing Charles Mahoney, the son of wealthy billionaires who was accused of murdering his fiancé because the fiancé was secretly talking to the FBI and SEC about the Mahoney company running a ponzi/pyramid scheme and engaging in insider trading. Rose was the Mahoney’s housekeeper, and she was going to serve as a witness for Charles, but was hesitant, so Annalise tried warming up to her to convince her to testify. We never actually got complete/definitive answers about whether Charles did actually kill his fiancé, but it was insinuated that he or someone the Mahoney family did or set it up. Side note: I hated how they did that storyline. In season 4, we learned that Annalise took the Mahoney case, which was her first federal case, because she quit her partner job at her firm because she sabotaged Bonnie on the stand for the rape case, but then felt guilty, and helped Bonnie and her firm wouldn’t tolerate that. She had also accepted a tenure track position at Middleton Law.

When Rose failed to testify, she tried to use Eve to help and Eve played an immigration attorney. Later, Annalise realized Christophe/Wes was a Mahoney because they raped Rose, and that they would hurt him, she told Rose, and Rose killed herself in front of Annalise. AK felt horribly guilty/responsible, so she was going to go to the authorities, but the Mahoney’s were tapping her phones (thanks to Frank putting the bugging devices on her computer and phone because a Mahoney employee paid him $100k), heard everything and set up the trick to hit her. And Annalise did cry at the hospital. Remember Sam was giving Bonnie a therapy session and the hospital called and when Sam arrived, Frank told Sam everything about what Frank did, and that’s why years later, Sam made Frank kill Lila and said “you owe me.” Also the hospital took a picture of Annalise, Sam and the stillborn baby.

So, all of that to say, if Gabriel Maddox is Annalise’s son, he’s not that baby that died in the hospital. That baby would only be 13, and Gabriel is probably between 22 and 30 years old, depending on when he started law school.

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
@NotW8n

Annalise met Christophe/Wes’ mom in Season 2, when she was representing Charles Mahoney, the son of wealthy billionaires who was accused of murdering his fiancé because the fiancé was secretly talking to the FBI and SEC about the Mahoney company running a ponzi/pyramid scheme and engaging in insider trading. Rose was the Mahoney’s housekeeper, and she was going to serve as a witness for Charles, but was hesitant, so Annalise tried warming up to her to convince her to testify. We never actually got complete/definitive answers about whether Charles did actually kill his fiancé, but it was insinuated that he or someone the Mahoney family did or set it up. Side note: I hated how they did that storyline. In season 4, we learned that Annalise took the Mahoney case, which was her first federal case, because she quit her partner job at her firm because she sabotaged Bonnie on the stand for the rape case, but then felt guilty, and helped Bonnie and her firm wouldn’t tolerate that. She had also accepted a tenure track position at Middleton Law.

When Rose failed to testify, she tried to use Eve to help and Eve played an immigration attorney. Later, Annalise realized Christophe/Wes was a Mahoney because they raped Rose, and that they would hurt him, she told Rose, and Rose killed herself in front of Annalise. AK felt horribly guilty/responsible, so she was going to go to the authorities, but the Mahoney’s were tapping her phones (thanks to Frank putting the bugging devices on her computer and phone because a Mahoney employee paid him $100k), heard everything and set up the trick to hit her. And Annalise did cry at the hospital. Remember Sam was giving Bonnie a therapy session and the hospital called and when Sam arrived, Frank told Sam everything about what Frank did, and that’s why years later, Sam made Frank kill Lila and said “you owe me.” Also the hospital took a picture of Annalise, Sam and the stillborn baby.

So, all of that to say, if Gabriel Maddox is Annalise’s son, he’s not that baby that died in the hospital. That baby would only be 13, and Gabriel is probably between 22 and 30 years old, depending on when he started law school.
So dude is Bonnie’s child according to the DNA test right?

NotW8n

Puppet Master
Reaction score
Reactions
8,694 180 72
Alleybux
@NotW8n

Thanks so much for for this! I remember know.

So yeah Nuwes cant be AK son... I didn't think so and i dont think he is Bonnie's either... He is some one else.. maybe he is kin to Lorel... Some half sibling cause you know Pete loves Lorel for some reason and keeps forcing us to endure her as a main storyline.

TalkOfNuYork

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
694,023 35,105 4,760
Alleybux
The ratings for this show are dropping. Pete needs to realize you can't go on these long ass breaks and then bring the show back with no promo. None of the cast did any press for this season. I'm thinking this may be the last season. A lot of people didn't even know it was back and started catching up on Hulu.

OohlalaLillian

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,292 1,128 423
Alleybux
  • Who would be invited to or go uninvited to the wedding?
  • Who would be holding the baby outside that could be getting murdered or murdering someone?
  • Who or what would cause Annalise to drop to her knees and cry out like that?
Didn't Nate have Bonnie's and Wes 2.0 DNA tested and found out it was a match? He called Annalise and told her or am I tripping?

Then he tested the White Meth head boy?
Nate never tested Gabriel's DNA. He first got a confirmation that the DNA of the missing baby and Bonnie's DNA matched and then he tested the meth head with Bonnie's DNA which was not a match.

mvvd2002

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
32,118 1,826 62
Alleybux
The ratings for this show are dropping. Pete needs to realize you can't go on these long ass breaks and then bring the show back with no promo. None of the cast did any press for this season. I'm thinking this may be the last season. A lot of people didn't even know it was back and started catching up on Hulu.

I feel bad for the cast because they'd be losing a steady paycheck (they seem like genuinely decent people), but Viola deserves so much better than this show. Aja too! I hope Widows is a great success so her production company can get the financing and whatever else they need because she has some great projects in the works.

OohlalaLillian

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,292 1,128 423
Alleybux
So far we know these people are not in the snow:
Annalise
Bonnie
Laurel
Michaela
Frank
Connor

We still have no confirmation for:
Nate
Oliver
Asher
Tegan
Gabriel

My guess is either:
Tegan
Annalise's boss
Bonnie's sister
D.A. Miller

TalkOfNuYork

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
694,023 35,105 4,760
Alleybux
I feel bad for the cast because they'd be losing a steady paycheck (they seem like genuinely decent people), but Viola deserves so much better than this show. Aja too! I hope Widows is a great success so her production company can get the financing and whatever else they need because she has some great projects in the works.

Pete fµcked this show up when he killed off Wes and tried to make Laurel front and center. Laurel is the most boring character on that show. Bonnie and Michaela have way more interesting stories. Pete knows he fµcked up and that's why he's trying to fix it with this New Wes and I'm not here for it.

GrahamCracker

Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
Pete has no control over marketing. That's all in the network's hands.

mvvd2002

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
32,118 1,826 62
Alleybux
Pete fµcked this show up when he killed off Wes and tried to make Laurel front and center. Laurel is the most boring character on that show. Bonnie and Michaela have way more interesting stories. Pete knows he fµcked up and that's why he's trying to fix it with this New Wes and I'm not here for it.

They didn't learn from Person of Interest or Sleepy Hollow. They continue to do this despite the outcome always being the same. Start a show with a Black female lead only to sideline and marginalize said character for a white character before killing them off only for the ratings to sink and/or the show is cancelled.

TalkOfNuYork

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
694,023 35,105 4,760
Alleybux
They didn't learn from Person of Interest or Sleepy Hollow. They continue to do this despite the outcome always being the same. Start a show with a Black female lead only to sideline and marginalize said character for a white character before killing them off only for the ratings to sink and/or the show is cancelled.

People are sick of the whitewashing of television and movies. I stopped watching Person of Interest when they killed off Taraji and the same with Sleepy Hollow and Nicole Beharie.

OohlalaLillian

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,292 1,128 423
Alleybux
I've been wanting Annalise to have a friend since the start of the season so I hope this continues.

tumblr_o2vam7TmOK1rme0ulo1_250.gif

tumblr_og6hjbyzje1r9zqzfo2_500.gif

:Cry I just don't understand.

I find it hilarious how his character has not been mentioned once. He was just a waste of space. Poor Jimmy.

:sneaky: He's so sad. I'm going to laugh when Annalise turns him down again. [emoji38]

:confused2 I'm sure Pete will decide right before they film episode 9

Girl you know that's a damn lie. If it wasn't about Rebecca Wes didn't care...still better than Great Value Wes though.
tumblr_nx1y8pU2ng1sh3mf9o1_500.gif

Me too. I feel like the writers step up their game with veteran actors.

It's a damn shame.

After season 4 I didn't think I could watch another season but here I am. I'm liking that AK is back on top but the show has seen much better days.

tenor.gif

And I'm loving every moment.

I think it was Laurel's mom or something ridiculous but I can't remember.

Additional thoughts
This episode was a major improvement from last week's but I figured the writers would step up their game with the Nate Sr. case. The supporting plots were not interesting.

-I knew it was just a matter of time before the b!tch fest started again. First Michaeala, then Asher, and now Connor. Pretty soon the entire damn cast is going to be bitching for no damn reason..again!

-Viola/Liza are incredible and i'm so glad that we're getting quality scenes with their characters. :noworthy

-The Gabriel plot :sleep

-Michaela and Tegan :Eek

-Viola's fall and scream were a bit dramatic lol but still epic.

giphy.gif

Which one of ya'll is running their Instagram account/?
View attachment 525995
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I instantly started singing it during that scene.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,927 5,784 517
Alleybux
This week's episode just had 2.74 million viewers. The premiere grew with DVR but just to around 5 million.:no2 At the end of day ABC is a business and HTGAWM is just not as profitable as it was. Pete's BS plots is why ratings are trash. I just hope Annalise gets her happy ending if this is it. :frown

Last edited:

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
So far we know these people are not in the snow:
Annalise
Bonnie
Laurel
Michaela
Frank
Connor

We still have no confirmation for:
Nate
Oliver
Asher
Tegan
Gabriel

My guess is either:
Tegan
Annalise's boss
Bonnie's sister
D.A. Miller
Now wasn’t the baby in the snow & Bonnie picked him up?

Toocoolforschoo

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
96,930 1,770 409
Alleybux
So dude is Bonnie’s child according to the DNA test right?
@Probowl

That’s the direction they are going in but it’s hard to know what the outcome will be. They’ve insinuated Gabriel Maddox is her kid, but I guess we will find out. I actually liked the Season one model where we got half the story in the first episode. We see that Sam is dead, but we don’t know exactly what happened, and we knew Lila died, but didn’t know how it was connected or how she died. That was genius and part of what made the show great at that time.

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
@Probowl

That’s the direction they are going in but it’s hard to know what the outcome will be. They’ve insinuated Gabriel Maddox is her kid, but I guess we will find out. I actually liked the Season one model where we got half the story in the first episode. We see that Sam is dead, but we don’t know exactly what happened, and we knew Lila died, but didn’t know how it was connected or how she died. That was genius and part of what made the show great at that time.
Great to see your font! It’s been a minute.

Probowl

The Most Popular!
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
41,655 489 1,017
Alleybux
@Probowl

Now what messes this up is Nate already did the paternity test & it was Bonnie conclusive. But I could fall for AK having gone in labor & they taking the baby in secret but they already posted Sam & her with a dead baby unless it was somebody else dead kid.

Amplified

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,318 632 249
Alleybux
@NotW8n

I thought Wes accidentally killed his mom with a knife?