HTGAWM Afterparty

The thief you know
Reactions
180,839 3,485 1,979
Alleybux
somebodies bitch ass spoiled that

christophe is still alive

on twitter so... is it worth it to catch up? i haven't watched this show since early last year i think...

If Cinderella's shoe fit, why did it fall off?
Reactions
112,287 1,274 233
Alleybux
Who is that in the second row to the far left? I keep staring thinking his character will pop into my head but I don’t recognize him at all. Who is this man?

Reactions
5,332 195 354
Alleybux
Not to make fun of him but Matt (Asher) really do look close to something depressed.

Was Charlie and Liza in the same spot? :D

Also no Billy Brown. And did she ask Rome anything? lol

You’re the facsimile, I’m the original.
Reactions
20,166 102 11
Alleybux
Not to make fun of him but Matt (Asher) really do look close to something depressed.

Was Charlie and Liza in the same spot? :D

Also no Billy Brown. And did she ask Rome anything? lol
I didn’t recognize Matt at first either. Also, he was so serious.

I think those two broke up a little while back

She did but left Rome for last smh. There wasn’t much to ask him as his character was pointless and clearly a great value Wes.

Last edited:
Reactions
71,563 1,544 842
Alleybux
I actually wouldn't blame Alfred Enoch if he was invited but chose not to go lol. They did him and his character dirty, and the show suffered for it.

7th Guild Master
Reactions
23,141 476 158
Alleybux
They could have had the kids do a walk through to

Young Wes (Christophe Edmund)
Issac Ryan Brown
latest

Young Gabriel Maddox
Dante Verica
upload_2020-5-18_13-57-50.jpeg

Conrad (Oliver) says Tegan needs a spin off.

7th Guild Master
Reactions
23,141 476 158
Alleybux

The two seasons following him being killed off the show dropped double digits in ratings each year. It was a bad way to toy with the fans and bringing in value saver flea market Wes to live in the same apartment and become a new face in the Keating Crew was insulting and just made it worse. It came off like a personal attack because they literally tried to find "insert any medium brown Black guy here" and have him in the show like the Keating five was a singing group.

They did the same thing when DC came out with "Same My Name" Video with two new members and acted like fans wouldn't notice. They did the same thing when darkskin Aunt Viv went upstairs and light skin Aunt Viv came down like no one was supposed to care. It was so wrong. It was especially wrong for Wes because DC had to continue and needed new members, Fresh Prince had to continue and they really needed an Aunt Viv character. Did the show need a replacement Wes? It made no doggone sense. I'm starting to think that Wes didn't let P Nowalk smash and so he was ousted from the show (like T.J Holmes show was canceled because he wasn't meeting people on the casting couch). He also hasn't had any work in the States since he was killed off of the show like there was possibly blackball as well. You can see trauma in his eyes now. The bringing him back 3 seasons later in the very last episode was only because the fans went ham and wouldn't let up for the past 3 years.

Last edited:
Reactions
5,332 195 354
Alleybux
The two seasons following him being killed of the show dropped double digits in ratings each year. It was a bad way to toy with the fans and bringing in value saver flea market Wes to live in the same apartment and become a new face in the Keating Crew was insulting and just made it worse. It came off like a personal attack because they literally tried to find "insert any medium brown Black guy here" and have him in the show like the Keating five was a singing group.

They did the same thing when DC came out with "Same My Name" Video with two new members and acted like fans wouldn't notice. They did the same thing when darkskin Aunt Viv went upstairs and light skin Aunt Viv came down like no one was supposed to care. It was so wrong. It was especially wrong for Wes because DC had to continue and needed new members, Fresh Prince had to continue and they really needed an Aunt Viv character. Did the show need a replacement Wes? It made no doggone sense. I'm starting to think that Wes didn't let P Nowalk smash and so he was ousted from the show (like T.J Holmes show was canceled because he wasn't meeting people on the casting couch). He also hasn't had any work in the States since he was killed off of the show like there was a blackball as well. You can see trauma in his eyes now. The bringing him back 3 seasons later in the very last episode was only because the fans went ham and wouldn't let up for the past 3 years.

Wow....you still have 15 minutes left in your hour session.

So why even come back and grace them at all if he was so hurt?

7th Guild Master
Reactions
23,141 476 158
Alleybux
Wow....you still have 15 minutes left in your hour session.

So why even come back and grace them at all if he was so hurt?

His former cast members and the fans had nothing to do with why he was written off of the show. In addition to losing such a high profile role, his reputation would suffer if he showed he was bitter enough not to show up for the fans. He isn't the first major character to be oddly ousted from a show at its peak. He also wants to work in Hollywood again or else him going through all those years of learning an American accent would be for naught. Its called taking your L's and being a bigger person.

Reactions
5,332 195 354
Alleybux
His former cast members and the fans had nothing to do with why he was written off of the show. In addition to losing such a high profile role, his reputation would suffer if he showed he was bitter enough not to show up for the fans. He isn't the first major character to be oddly ousted from a show at its peak. He also wants to work in Hollywood again or else him going through all those years of learning an American accent would be for naught. Its called taking your L's and being a bigger person.

How do you know it wasn't another reason, perhaps more his doing, that got him kicked off.....? For argument's sake.

Reactions
20,166 102 11
Alleybux
The two seasons following him being killed off the show dropped double digits in ratings each year. It was a bad way to toy with the fans and bringing in value saver flea market Wes to live in the same apartment and become a new face in the Keating Crew was insulting and just made it worse. It came off like a personal attack because they literally tried to find "insert any medium brown Black guy here" and have him in the show like the Keating five was a singing group.

They did the same thing when DC came out with "Same My Name" Video with two new members and acted like fans wouldn't notice. They did the same thing when darkskin Aunt Viv went upstairs and light skin Aunt Viv came down like no one was supposed to care. It was so wrong. It was especially wrong for Wes because DC had to continue and needed new members, Fresh Prince had to continue and they really needed an Aunt Viv character. Did the show need a replacement Wes? It made no doggone sense. I'm starting to think that Wes didn't let P Nowalk smash and so he was ousted from the show (like T.J Holmes show was canceled because he wasn't meeting people on the casting couch). He also hasn't had any work in the States since he was killed off of the show like there was a blackball as well. You can see trauma in his eyes now. The bringing him back 3 seasons later in the very last episode was only because the fans went ham and wouldn't let up for the past 3 years.

Hmmm. Interesting. Never thought of this angle. I read a few interviews with Pete soon after the departure of Wes and got the feeling that he really did not know who he would eliminate until the very last minute. Also, at the time, there was a VERY vocal minority on social media who advocated for Was to be killed off. It seemed like that tipped the scale and he took that into consideration and decided to do the unexpected.

This makes sense as well. It is Hollywood after all! I found it odd that he didn’t book anything else in the states after he left the show. He was booked and busy in the UK but I thought that that was what he wanted.

Last edited:
Don't fuck with me fellas!
Reactions
108,739 706 176
Alleybux

He isn't black balled
This is from last year when according to Deadline he was getting early offers in the 2019 pilot season
Pilot Season 2019 Actors Hot List: Carrie ****, Malin Akerman, Lizzy Caplan & Santiago Cabrera Among Top Choices – Deadline

He ended up doing a movie in Brazil instead.
Executive Order - IMDb

He declined offers from the US and Europe to be able to film it in the spring, in the summer he was leading a play created by Idris Elba and before filming the HTGAWM cameo he was shooting a movie in Europe. He would have been in Romeo & Juliet at The Globe in London if it wasn't for Corrona right now. The gigs he got since being written off HTGAWM are probably better than what he would have gotten in the US (it's not as if there are that many shows or movies with actors like Alfie as leads) but i think people still buy into the social media buzz myth a little too much in the sense that it's become common knowledge that a small supporting part in a very commercial project does more for a career than a leading one in a less mainstream. Buzz almost never translates to a career especially not for actors in tv shows - most of the hyped up during a show's run faves tend to fade away with their shows and it's usually the unsuspectables that go on to have a decent career.

I mean if you were going by the HTGAWM social media fan base 4 years ago Jack was the king of Hollywood by now and Alfie was flipping burgers.

Reactions
20,166 102 11
Alleybux
He isn't black balled
This is from last year when according to Deadline he was getting early offers in the 2019 pilot season
Pilot Season 2019 Actors Hot List: Carrie ****, Malin Akerman, Lizzy Caplan & Santiago Cabrera Among Top Choices – Deadline

He ended up doing a movie in Brazil instead.
Executive Order - IMDb

He declined offers from the US and Europe to be able to film it in the spring, in the summer he was leading a play created by Idris Elba and before filming the HTGAWM cameo he was shooting a movie in Europe. He would have been in Romeo & Juliet at The Globe in London if it wasn't for Corrona right now. The gigs he got since being written off HTGAWM are probably better than what he would have gotten in the US (it's not as if there are that many shows or movies with actors like Alfie as leads) but i think people still buy into the social media buzz myth a little too much in the sense that it's become common knowledge that a small supporting part in a very commercial project does more for a career than a leading one in a less mainstream. Buzz almost never translates to a career especially not for actors in tv shows - most of the hyped up during a show's run faves tend to fade away with their shows and it's usually the unsuspectables that go on to have a decent career.

I mean if you were going by the HTGAWM social media fan base 4 years ago Jack was the king of Hollywood by now and Alfie was flipping burgers.

Thanks for the info about the pilot offers. Had no idea about those. Actually, I’m glad that he was able to take on these various projects. His roles post HTGAWM are diverse and I’m sure that he was able to sharpen his skill set as an actor.

Reactions
71,563 1,544 842
Alleybux
How do you know it wasn't another reason, perhaps more his doing, that got him kicked off.....? For argument's sake.
Because:

1. Alfred was universally loved on set.

2. Any info implying that Alfred was the cause of his character being written off the show would've leaked by now.

3. Pete Nowalk (the showrunner) has a habit of using cheap shock value to grab ratings.

4. Even ABC were unhappy with Nowalk's decision to kill Alfred's character off.

If you haven't watched the show then what I'm saying might be difficult to understand.

Watch the show and you'll understand how Alfred's character's death spelled the downward spiral of the show.

Last edited:
Reactions
108,739 706 176
Alleybux
Because Alfred was universally loved on set + such info would've been leaked by now + the showrunner has a habit of using cheap shock value to grab ratings.
Which is ironic as that habit always had the opposite effect on the ratings - but as long as the people who kiss his ass on twitter and reddit (Jack recently admitted to participating in the show's subreddit and do take that as you will) are happy.

Reactions
20,166 102 11
Alleybux
Hmmmmm. Really?
Which is ironic as that habit always had the opposite effect on the ratings - but as long as the people who kiss his ass on twitter and reddit (Jack recently admitted to participating in the show's subreddit and do take that as you will) are happy.

Reactions
20,166 102 11
Alleybux
Okay proof! You are coming through with the receipts in this thread. Much appreciated.
I wonder if he ever shared what he found in those forums with Pete (of course he did). Nowalks’s decisions surely must have been affected by the stans.

OAN The stylist needs to be beaten for sourcing that wig for Aja. THAT is the most unsightly one she has ever worn. They were never able to get it right with her were they? The detail of the side sweep of the bangs is just atrocious. I know she is elated to be able to set her own hair free.

Reactions
108,739 706 176
Alleybux
Okay proof! You are coming through with the receipts in this thread. Much appreciated.
I wonder if he ever shared what he found in those forums with Pete (of course he did). Nowalks’s decisions surely must have been affected by the stans.

OAN The stylist needs to be beaten for sourcing that wig for Aja. THAT is the most unsightly one she has ever worn. They were never able to get it right with her were they? The detail of the side sweep of the bangs is just atrocious. I know she is elated to be able to set her own hair free.
I remember in S2 with the Hapstall plot an episode ended with a cliffhanger where it looked as if Phillip Jessup kidnapped Oliver. I remember Pete responding to someone he'd never have Oliver hurt or killed off because "you guys would stop watching". A year later he kills off Wes and you know it was too big of a kill for him to not have planned it. I mean he talked about clearing it up with ABC(they weren't enthusiastic about it).

There's also this article about the cast reacting to it : How the 'How to Get Away With Murder' Cast Reacted to That Devastating Death

Besides the fuck up it created for the story - they never really found where to go with the show after Wes was written off. They just kept introducing numerous plots and characters which ended up being abandoned - it's as if nothing noteworthy happened in the last 3 seasons of the show, i think it created some substantial BTS awkwardness. If nothing else it seems to have burst the "we're all besties" bubble. Karla leaving when it was known they were going on their last season is telling too.
With them being so conscious of what was going on about the show on social media and Pete making it known Connor was his pet character every chance he got, it makes you wonder if there was some awkwardness especially with Wes being written off making them realize they're all fair game - except Connor of course. It's also telling how they didn't dare kill anyone mayor off in the following two seasons.

Last edited:

The Culture

Celebrity News

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Big Brother Can S9: Watch/Live Feed/Spoiler Thread
What did that tweet say? It's been deleted :( they deleted it but said this
A Million Little Things Season 3 Watch Thread - Thursdays @ 10PM on ABC
What a manipulative shit bag Eddie is, he knew by saying in front of Theo Katherine would be forced to interact with him in a way which she didn't...
Atlanta Tea 2.0: 2021 Edition
Yeah that’s why I literally don’t really care for public relationships. Like I see cute pictures I hit like, but folks really out here making them...
YouTube's Beef Sector: The Poor Reports
The way ZT, Fye, Olivia, Quanney, even April Walker responded to Cly is the real beef sector. That’s what it should’ve been from them, not ass...
CA Prisons Grapple With Hundreds Of Trans Inmates/Sex Offenders Requests To Be Housed With Women
Afraid do. Then people like Sarah Silverman wake the phuck up and stop indulging in these luxury beliefs at the expense of poor women. Lmao, I...
Why are women not sympathetic to REAL trans women's plight
I think my responses have been pretty concise cogent and addressed every single point you’ve made. Your brigading and gaslighting are what sound...
Miami Tea Ch 4 2021
Yup and meemee was just on live saying how Tynia told her “aren’t you suppose to be sad today?” Mind you it been 1 year since hope passed away...
DMX & THE POUND : TEA on beloved rapper many side chicks, 9 bms & 17 kids.
Y’all Off topic I am sorry, but my birthday is coming up in a couple months. I would like to get a small tattoo dog love (crossing of fingers)...
Top Bottom