Quantcast

HTGAWM: Do You Think Peter Nowalk Regrets killing "You Know Who" off the show? (Edited Title) (Enter at Your Own Risk)

Toocoolforschoo

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
96,931 1,770 409
Alleybux
After watching Thursdays episode, I couldn't help but wonder. I know many believe the "reset" button has been pressed, since Wes was basically the central, underlying story for much of the first three seasons, but I couldn't help but think, it seems like they were trying too hard. I know the first episode is usually a little slow, but it seems like something is missing now. Agree or disagree?

Ntsap

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
199,961 5,634 2,257
Alleybux
Yes to early to have killed Wes off. Even though I remember reading an article in the very beginning of Shonda saying she only wanted this show to be 4 maybe 5 seasons. Can't find it now. Should of saved the article. If they wanted to kill Wes off they should of waited until whenever the last season will be of the series' winter finale.

Mindless_comedy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,156 499 228
Alleybux
I'm still waiting for them to say Wes had a twin & his twin was the one that died in the fire:cry 512x512:

CristelleAmande

Victoria Monét - Good Bye
Reaction score
Reactions
28,231 290 48
Alleybux
I don't know how Pete mind works but I'm glad he decided to kill Wes. Wes has been unbearable since season 2 and the faster we move on from his murder mystery, the better.

I'm hoping for a reinvigorated team next season, a brand new murder mystery and no more mentions of Wes and Rebecca. What cannot happen is for Laurel to have this baby. The Keatings are in the business of murder and cover ups. The last thing we need is already boring Laurel crying about her annoying baby daddy while changing a doll's diapers all season. Wes lineage also has to go, or Laurel can keep the baby and leave the show, that works too :sneakiness:

There are so many stories they can explore next season. Annalise getting her mojo back. Bonnie being more confident after being the one who had to keep it together while Annalise was crying in her egg sandwich in jail. She's also slowly being revealed as a master manipulator and I want to see more of this side of her.

Michaela getting her law mojo and her swagger back. This girl has been depressed all season and it shows. Or it's just the hair and make up person who's sabotaging her because they can't stand the Black girl being the prettiest on the show. Asher's mom could have a crisis that would force her to turn to her son for help. I don't like Princess Kayla with a guy who doesn't have a trust fund, sue me lol. I'll be very sad if Frank stays in jail. He needs to grow his hair back and find a way to be a part of the team again. Wes' story has gone on long enough.

ETA: :cheering: Shout out to my Alfie Wives groaning. Love y'all. I know you're grieving :kiss:

Flamboyant

subtle.
Reaction score
Reactions
93,954 1,287 388
Alleybux
Probably. It was really unnecessary to be honest. But anything for a wow factor.

walkify2015

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,950 89 36
Alleybux
i think he will regret it. the character deserved better. i actually had the tiniest bit of naive hope that wes would open his eyes before the autopsy so as to reveal his 'death' was part of a bigger plan. however, when the pathologist took out that scalpel i knew it was real. i ask, what now?

Aalijah Ali

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
1,848 85 89
Alleybux
Can you please edit the title and insert SPOILER! Why would you tell the plot when some people like me have not watched the episode. THANKS Idiot!

msbold1

Sipping my tea, and saving my money.
Reaction score
Reactions
41,525 317 158
Alleybux
I think maybe it was premature but honestly anybody from the Keating 5 could go. The show is about Annalise not her students. I like Alfred but I was and still am excited for HTGAWM because of Viola, I was and still am glad she's finally getting her chance to shine. She is the main reason I watch and continue to watch. The only thing I think Nowalk needs to do is not tie into the students so much, that's how you end up with these walls. It was interesting in the first 2 seasons to a point about the mystery of Wes's connection to Annalise but after a while it gets dull.

In my opinion he should really get back to the case of the week and tone down the student drama a bit, or else it's going to be Scandal all over again with the B613 crap (among other things) that now has taken over major plot points instead of exploring the lead and other stories.

brapa

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
87 1
Alleybux
Hopefully he atleast regrets how he's been writing it. I don't think I can take much more of them pushing a Wes/Laurel Great Love Story when they were only together for like 2 episodes. Might've been better if we saw the happy friendly scenes of him getting along with the others of the 5 before he actually died too.

But ultimately this show centers around Annalise, so one of the 5 dying was a good possibility for a twist.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,960 5,786 517
Alleybux
The show needed a reset IMO. Having Annalise "protect" Wes every season got old. I wouldn't say the he regrets it as much as it hurts that he killed a "apart" of his family. The cast is very close. He said that he included the random flashbacks as therapy and to help give everyone closure. There's a reason why this past episode was the highest watched in 14 episodes. No one was trying to see Wes have 20 episodes about his backstory. Relationships should have not been been major storylines either . We now have a real case to solve with Annalise in the forefront. The show is starting to get back to it's roots IMO.

Ethereal Spirit

Black girls do it better
Reaction score
Reactions
192,841 6,681 8,083
Alleybux
I doubt it. Pete seems to like to push the envelope. If he should regret anything, it should be all the love pairings that he wrote between the Keating 5, Frank, and Bonnie. A lot of it was unnecessary, and it made the storylines become very sloppy.
I think the death of Wes would've been a much smoother transition if he wasn't involved with Laurel when he died, but I doubt he regrets killing him off.

MJ58Smooth

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
614 1 9
Alleybux
Shoot, he might end up doing "Annalise had a dream." if he really wants Wes back.

HeySunshine22

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
241,665 5,826 2,091
Alleybux
Michaela getting her law mojo and her swagger back. This girl has been depressed all season and it shows. Or it's just the hair and make up person who's sabotaging her because they can't stand the Black girl being the prettiest on the show.

Thought it was just me.
She has looked terrible this season.... reminds me of the thread we had in here that says Black female lead characters are always sabotaged in ShondaLand shows. They're never quite the heroine that White female leads are, never as "pretty", as "together" or as happy.

KurotoDan

DANgerousZombie
Reaction score
Reactions
22,237 741 214
Alleybux
Should've been Connor. Much sh!t Wes got/gets, he wasn't a cruel pathetic little b!tch who keeps insultinf Michaela at every turn since Sam's murder.

Toocoolforschoo

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
96,931 1,770 409
Alleybux
Can you please edit the title and insert SPOILER! Why would you tell the plot when some people like me have not watched the episode. THANKS Idiot!

Sorry, I figured 3 months later, most people had watched. I will edit it now. But NEVER ever call me an idiot again, unless you really meant it about yourself. [MENTION=100370]Aalijah Ali[/MENTION]

Soca Priestess

High Ranking Socatologist
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
265,466 2,958 645
Alleybux
I doubt it. Not to mention, I was starting to get tired of everyone getting caught up in Wes' orbit of bµllsh!t.

oops

lady who lunches
Reaction score
Reactions
48,533 992 598
Alleybux
I'm still waiting for them to say Wes had a twin & his twin was the one that died in the fire:cry 512x512:
Guuurlll...Wes gave me quivers. For realz. That tall body and those BIG HANDS. Chile I used to fantasize about those fingers and hands. He seems geeky. Didn't know that he's Brazilian and Caucasian. I thought that he was black. LOL.

Mrs St Patrick

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,168 328 191
Alleybux
What I don't understand is that everyone that is happy Wes is gone complained that it was too much about Wes. Well guess what this season is still about....Wes!! He won't ever go away, so why kill him off?

He ain't dead, I'm sticking to it!

Mrs St Patrick

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,168 328 191
Alleybux
What I don't understand is that everyone that is happy Wes is gone complained that it was too much about Wes. Well guess what this season is still about....Wes!! He won't ever go away, so why kill him off?

He ain't dead, I'm sticking to it!

Hooliganista

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
29,852 1,182 209
Alleybux
This show has always been about Anna and Wes. They are the focal point to the show. In some ways Wes humanized Anna the machine. He softened her because he represented the son she never had. I don't understand how people want to move on from that storyline when that was shoved in our faces since episode 1. Did we forget how most of us were trying to figure out the attraction/connection Wes and Anna had? For me, that was the highlight of Season 1 and 2. Without Wes, Pete and the writers are sabotaging Anna's growth. It's all going downhill for her after they finish with his case. I don't want to see her suffer anymore and that's exactly what Pete is intentionally or unintentionally going to head with season 4 (if it gets picked up).
I too, remember reading that the show wasn't supposed to last more than 4 seasons but it seems odd they chose to eliminate the main character to Anna, from the K5. Anna, Bonnie, Frank and Wes are the main characters imo. Michaela, Asher, Connor, Laurel are the supporting characters and Oliver, Meggy are accessory characters.
The writing has really fallen off and is all over the place. I expect the show's title to come to fulfillment by the Show's finale cause the direction they're headed for an ending that is sub par to what I had hoped.
He made a mistake killing him off too soon.

oops

lady who lunches
Reaction score
Reactions
48,533 992 598
Alleybux
This show has always been about Anna and Wes. They are the focal point to the show. In some ways Wes humanized Anna the machine. He softened her because he represented the son she never had. He made a mistake killing him off too soon.
LOL. I lowkeyed wanted Annalise and Wes get some genitalia friction going on!

Lordfunkbox

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,090 5,344 4,931
Alleybux
Hopefully he atleast regrets how he's been writing it. I don't think I can take much more of them pushing a Wes/Laurel Great Love Story when they were only together for like 2 episodes. Might've been better if we saw the happy friendly scenes of him getting along with the others of the 5 before he actually died too.

But ultimately this show centers around Annalise, so one of the 5 dying was a good possibility for a twist.

This! It bothered me so much and reminded me how Pete doesn't really develop these characters relationships. Don't show me in flashbacks how they were friendly with each other. Had he shown the Keating 4 being friendly to Wes over the past three seasons, then there would be no reason to create these flashbacks after his death. It rang so untrue and hollow.

Toocoolforschoo

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
96,931 1,770 409
Alleybux
This show has always been about Anna and Wes. They are the focal point to the show. In some ways Wes humanized Anna the machine. He softened her because he represented the son she never had. I don't understand how people want to move on from that storyline when that was shoved in our faces since episode 1. Did we forget how most of us were trying to figure out the attraction/connection Wes and Anna had? For me, that was the highlight of Season 1 and 2. Without Wes, Pete and the writers are sabotaging Anna's growth. It's all going downhill for her after they finish with his case. I don't want to see her suffer anymore and that's exactly what Pete is intentionally or unintentionally going to head with season 4 (if it gets picked up).
I too, remember reading that the show wasn't supposed to last more than 4 seasons but it seems odd they chose to eliminate the main character to Anna, from the K5. Anna, Bonnie, Frank and Wes are the main characters imo. Michaela, Asher, Connor, Laurel are the supporting characters and Oliver, Meggy are accessory characters.
The writing has really fallen off and is all over the place. I expect the show's title to come to fulfillment by the Show's finale cause the direction they're headed for an ending that is sub par to what I had hoped.
He made a mistake killing him off too soon.

I agree

NatRod93

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
101,511 858 38
Alleybux
I think the whole process of killing Wes off was sloppily done, and I wish Alfie was given more advance notice, but other than that the show will be alright if it does a major reset come season 4. I was no Wes stan, but he didn't bother me. I was shocked he died, but I'm cool with it now. What I didn't realize was how many people who actually don't care about Wes :dead:

People were complaining about how they didn't want to see Wes & Rebecca together, or Wes & Laurel either. Meggie didn't have a chance because even if Laurel died instead, I doubt Wes would've gone back to her. He probably would've just gone moody again like how he did post Rebecca's death (even more so if he found out she died pregnant with his kid), and he was annoying af during that. People would've complained about that too and been turned off from Wes grieving Laurel, so it was going to be a lose/lose one way or another if you ask me.

I will restate that the show is going to need to do a major reset for season 4 if it gets one. What a major reset would include? I don't know, but they'll have to do it somehow.

ThotWings

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
28,979 808 330
Alleybux
I don't think Wes is dead or at least I see a wY if BRI going him back. Idky why but remeber that sh!t movie from back in the day, with Halle Berry Hugh Jackman and Travolta? Swordfish? And travolta wasn't really dead, the remians wasn't even really the body? They could do that for this show. Say it was for witness protection.

awissa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
169,937 7,986 896
Alleybux
Outside of soap operas and supernatural shows, I wonder if there's ever been a time where they killed off a character or Did a story line and decided it was a mistake and told viewers they wanna erase that season or plot. I would accept a rewrite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

News Alley

The Lounge

Top Bottom