HTGAWM| Episode 5x14 "Make me the Enemy" 2/21

Anna Mae
Reactions
118,685 319 79
Alleybux

Annalise is determined to get to the truth about Nate Sr.’s murder and will stop at nothing until she does on “How to Get Away with Murder,

These two episodes may it. Notice how the promo says the HTGAWM finale instead of season finale like it did in episode 13's promo and the seasons before.

To recap last week's episode Annalise now has strong feelings for Emmett to point where she has to force herself not to kiss him.

giphy.webp

Tegan is now Annalise's ride or die and sleeps with FBI agent to help AK despite them being work friends at best.

CPRE4hiUEAA3vyG.png

Ophillia tells Annalise that her love for her fills up :cry: but not before telling her that she needs to marry Nate or another man because he's all she has and she can't be happy if she hurts people. This is after she tells her mother how men have broken her heart and how it's killing her to constantly save people.

Rj03TlN.gif

Laurel has not washed her son's bloody blanket and makes a "mysterious" call to someone.
tumblr_lszdr9W4FU1qlrzy2.gif

The governor calls Annalise and gives her a file that supposedly shows that Emmett is the behind Nate Sr's death.

UNnHXwa.gif

Last edited:

atx

Reactions
8,260 132 16
Alleybux
I remember reading an interview when it first came out that Pete was writing week by week and incorporating responses on twitter into the direction. I think this is the issue, there's no long term planning let's just throw this or that in and never tie up some loose ends. It's such a waste because Viola is a phenomenal actress.

This show isn’t fun to watch anymore. The writing is off. Hopefully, they do better tonight.

Don't fuck with me fellas!
Reactions
108,738 706 176
Alleybux
I remember reading an interview when it first came out that Pete was writing week by week and incorporating responses on twitter into the direction. I think this is the issue, there's no long term planning let's just throw this or that in and never tie up some loose ends. It's such a waste because Viola is a phenomenal actress.
This is the stupidest thing showrunners and their writers do. They assume that a clever solution to a mystery that some viewers figured out makes for a less satisfying viewing experience than a stupid OMG because they put too much importance on shock value....and there's a very thin line between dumb and shocking in the first place.

What people don't realize is from how early Pete started doing this shit. In S2 it was originally supposed to be Laurel who shot Annalise. Wes was the on the nose red herring. The first FF, when he runs out of the Hapstall mansion after the shot is heard, than he was shown with Rebecca's brothers gun. Pete said someone in the writing room convinced him it had to be Wes. So whatever the original idea was, they tossed it away so the FFs didn't really make sense at the end (Bonnie running out of the house, washing away the bloody clothes in a public bathroom hiding from Asher for no reason...). They lost a big chunk of the audience right there.
At the same time people were freaking out that something happened to Oliver so he responded to someone on twitter that he would never kill off Oliver because people would stop watching.
Some months later he gave an interview where he admitted the midseason finale made no sense but blamed it on too many people interfering so it was a miracle if it made any sense at all in the end. I wish i could find that interview.

I think he lied when he said he didn't know who was gonna be under the sheet in S3. It was always gonna be Wes. It was fan service gone wrong - this is why i think he couldn't be bothered to make any sense out of it. He didn't realize the stakes for killing Wes off were that high because he believed twitterverse had his back. I think he delayed the formal decision until after the 7th episode because at that point it was too late for him to be persuaded to reverse course.

Reactions
1,495 16 2
Alleybux
I hate this show, but i only watch for Viola and Aja...fuck Pete Nowalk, this show used to be EVERYTHING

I'm a newbie to this thread, but I LOVE the show. I am really worried that it may be cancelled. I'm thinking that next year will be the last. I want it to go back to being EVERYTHING!!!

Retired my LSA jersey
Reactions
67,535 2,409 4,028
Alleybux
I dropped out the last thread like 10 mins till the ep ended, then watched it later.

This damn Emmett twist I'm not feeling at all. Everything was good up to that. I predicted to y'all that the FBI woman wasn't gonna leave them alone till Teagan sat on her face, and I was right!

I'm here and perched for how they will justify Emmett's motives.

@Soca Priestess your fucking avatar LMAO

Last edited:
Anna Mae
Reactions
118,685 319 79
Alleybux
Currently getting caught up on last weeks episode and this supposed attraction between Annalise and Emmett ...

tumblr_mzq1umucVy1slibiio1_250.gif
Disgust doesn't even begin to describe how I felt watching that...That shit was so beyond forced and for what? Annalise was literally just kissing Eve...looking distraught that she is having a baby with another woman.

Reactions
73,611 516 80
Alleybux
Disgust doesn't even begin to describe how I felt watching that...That shit was so beyond forced and for what? Annalise was literally just kissing Eve...looking distraught that she is having a baby with another woman.

First of all Timothy Hutton has never been attractive a day in his life but to pair him up with Viola Davis of all people is an insult. Did they think that because her character was married to one unfortunate looking saltine they could just stick her with another and somehow make it look believable? They have no chemistry whatsoever.

Television Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Is Snoop insinuating his Mom passed away?
Morris Day posted asking for prayers and I came here to see what's up. Prayers for her healing.
Phaedra Made Her Debut On WWHL And Nobody Watched
Her reads were ok I guess... but while she was out there reading other people about their personal life, hers was in shambles also.... Apollo anyone?
Liv's Life: Living My Best Lie!
Mothers like Olivia make me sick. You’re responsible for these kid’s upbringing. What happens in their childhood can shape their whole lives. How...
Trevor Noah Girlfriend?
She’s purposely trying to make headlines now. I can already see it. “Trevor Noah’s Girlfriend Throws Shade to His Archenemies Ted Cruz on...
RHONY Real Housewives of New York RHONY Season 13 Official Thread Premieres May 4, 2021
Where did LuAnn get the money and furniture for that apartment? Wasn't it just two seasons ago she was asking Bethanny for a loan to buy a home
Meagan Good froze her eggs three years ago, admits to having been ambivalent about having children
No shade but I think hubby trying to secure the bag. Something seems off about him. I hope they are happy fr. Yes, I believe something is...
America in the Biden-Harris Era Tarot Tea Thread III
Did anyone figure out how to stop tweets, pics, etc from only showing partially? The right side of everyone's insertions is still cut off for me...
Child Murderer Joseph Cambron Asks Court to Address Him With Feminine Pronouns
You gotta be a sick piece of shit to stab a child to death at a park. I feel like we should call him an “It” since he is clearly a child...
Top Bottom