Quantcast

HTGAWM| Episode 5x14 "Make me the Enemy" 2/21

Mencha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
83,923 3,011 1,162
Alleybux
The problem in my opinion isn't even Laurel (I know, I know). The problem is that nothing makes sense even from last season.

- Annalise's therapist relapses never to be heard from again.
-Bonnie's kid is dead or not.
-Asher hooks up with Connor's mother (disgusting) and makes no sense.
-Bonnie hooks up with that DA dude for about 4 episodes, why?
-Oliver acting like he went to law school instead of being in IT.
-Connor having no purpose or dialogue except for pouting.
- Nate's dad is the focus for half the season, why because no one really cares about Nate like that.
-Nate murders the DA? Why?
- Wes 2.0 pops up and ends up being Sam's son. Double, triple why? And who cares.
-Michaela is trying to dry hump Teagan. Which makes her character look both unprofessional and desperate. Michaela isn't anywhere in Teagan's league.
-Michaela and Wes 2.0, boring and unnecessary.
-Frank suddenly acting like he and Bonnie are a thing. GRANTED I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN BUT STILL. The fact that he and Laurel pretty much just stop talking was bad writing.
-Having every man and woman in love with Annalise who is pretty much asexual at this point. Sorry if Viola decided to keep Annalise single, I don't approve. LOL
-This entire Governor's storyline is trash. And why wait until the last three episodes of the season to flesh it out?
-And now bringing the Castillo family back into the picture. BORING

Although my theory is that dude that got deported is the mastermind working with Laurel's family. They mention him every episode for a reason. Sad thing is I totally can't think of his name to save my life.

GrahamCracker

Don't fµck with me fellas!
Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
The problem in my opinion isn't even Laurel (I know, I know). The problem is that nothing makes sense even from last season.

- Nate's dad is the focus for half the season, why because no one really cares about Nate like that.
- Wes 2.0 pops up and ends up being Sam's son. Double, triple why? And who cares.
-Michaela is trying to dry hump Teagan. Which makes her character look both unprofessional and desperate. Michaela isn't anywhere in Teagan's league.
-Frank suddenly acting like he and Bonnie are a thing. GRANTED I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN BUT STILL. The fact that he and Laurel pretty much just stop talking was bad writing.
-Having every man and woman in love with Annalise who is pretty much asexual at this point. Sorry if Viola decided to keep Annalise single, I don't approve. LOL
-This entire Governor's storyline is trash. And why wait until the last three episodes of the season to flesh it out?

Although my theory is that dude that got deported is the mastermind working with Laurel's family. They mention him every episode for a reason. Sad thing is I totally can't think of his name to save my life.
You're right about Laurel. People were saying the same thing about Wes but killing him off didn't end up helping the show.
The Frank thing is actually tied to that. As Pete killed off Wes and was punishing Annalise, he was redeeming Frank and trying to make Flaurel a thing again in S4. Mostly through the character development of Frank. The audience didn't like it so Pete dropped the whole thing and hasn't figured out what to do with Frank since.
It really all goes back to S3. They established Frank to be the cause of all the disasters but Pete kept spinning his own story line to make it seem Annalise and Wes were - meaning everyone in the show kept blaming them and it's them who ended up being punished.
The viewers didn't like it. He couldn't make the Flaurel thing work because the audience started resenting Laurel too much but he didn't know what else to do with Frank now that Annalise didn't need a fixer anymore.
The audience started resenting Connor for shitting all over Annalise so Pete makes him her biggest fan. The rest of course follow as allays. The audience thinks it's ridiculous.
Killing off Wes didn't go down well so he the main cast needs to make it safe out of S4. Enter Simon Drake and the Castillos. The audience hates it, blaming of course Laurel. Oliver's central role in the Simon BS didn't gain him any favors either.

Pete couldn't bring Wes back even if he wanted to because Alfred wasn't just sitting on his ass waiting for Pete to call him back. Enter the next best thing - Gabe. Gabe is black so obviously Pete has no idea what to do with him so he focuses on Sam instead, first on Bonnie because he needed a red herring. It doesn't land so Gabe's story line now is just sitting alone in Wes' old apartment and occasionally b!tch about Sam who only Pete really cares about.
The Nate thing isn't too far from that. It was about time Pete gave him a heftier story line. But Nate is black so eventually he lost interest in Nate and focused on the tragedy of Miller's death through Bonnie and his mother, Emmet, Birkhead the Castillos.... Pete can't really be bothered to make sense out of Nate sr's murder. Both Nates eventually became plot devices in some other not well defined plot. Nate is becoming what Annalise and Wes were for him in the earlier season - the character for which Pete wants us to always assume the worst.

Basically Pete's vision backfired spectacularly which affected every single character and there never was a decent plan B that could have saved the show.

mochaice

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
161,826 2,555 747
Alleybux
The show is too convoluted to the point the writers try to be clever and surprising burn it falls flat

I binge watched the last three episodes because I kept forgetting the damn show came on

Just like Empire, in the beginning, this was must watch tv, and everybody would be talking about it the next day.... and just like Empire, the show took a quick downward spiral around the 2nd season

GrahamCracker

Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
The show is too convoluted to the point the writers try to be clever and surprising burn it falls flat

I binge watched the last three episodes because I kept forgetting the damn show came on

Just like Empire, in the beginning, this was must watch tv, and everybody would be talking about it the next day.... and just like Empire, the show took a quick downward spiral around the 2nd season
And the fact that between the two only HTGAWM has a ratings problem shows how badly run it actually is.

JCrystar

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,686 163 4
Alleybux
Laurel has a split personality and is tormenting herself. She somehow called herself, sent her mom's scalp to herself and other stuff. Her parents know/knew she is clinically insane but since they are horrible people nobody believed them so here we are.

This is as good as anything they will come up with. :ROFLMAO:

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
222,026 5,786 517
Alleybux

Great list but you forgot one thing the Eve angle.

-Eve knowing who Gabriel is, lying to Annalise about it, and keeping tabs with Frank. Pete couldn't even pretend to make her reason for doing so believable.

-Laying out Eve to be the love of Annalise's life just to have her "happy" and having a baby with someone else. Beyond cruel.

-I have 0 proof of this but I really think if Pete stopped the bµllsh!t and brought Eve back then Annalise wouldn't have all these horrible/non chemistry/forced romances. Viola seems to approve of the relationship.

Last edited:

GrahamCracker

Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
Great list but you forgot one thing the Eve angle.

-Eve knowing who Gabriel, lying to Annalise about it, and keeping tabs with Frank. Pete couldn't even pretend to make her reason for doing so believable.

-Laying out Eve to be the love of Annalise's life just to have her "happy" and having a baby with someone else. Beyond cruel.

-I have 0 proof of this but I really think if Pete stopped the bµllsh!t and brought Eve back then Annalise wouldn't have all these horrible/non chemistry/forced romance. Viola seems to approve of the relationship.
It was yet another example of fan service that fell flat. Didn't Pete practically admit this is why he brought her back?

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
222,026 5,786 517
Alleybux
It was yet another example of fan service that fell flat. Didn't Pete practically admit this is why he brought her back?

:unsure: He sure did. After many many requests...I don't even see how it's it's fan service to bring her back to trash AK/Eve history and break Annalise's heart. :no2:rolleyes2
upload_2019-2-23_10-32-31.png

upload_2019-2-23_10-32-12.png

Last edited:

Slay.so.softly

smoking a bowl
Reaction score
Reactions
20,682 641 293
Alleybux
Just finished the episode and once again...fµck Pete Nowalk. This show sucks ass now. who gives a rat's ass about Laurel and her family. I'm over it. I'll be tuning into Marriage Bootcamp on Thursdays at 10 now lmao

GrahamCracker

Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
Just finished the episode and once again...fµck Pete Nowalk. This show sucks ass now. who gives a rat's ass about Laurel and her family. I'm over it. I'll be tuning into Marriage Bootcamp on Thursdays at 10 now lmao
And it was not even a bad episode in isolation. It's the storylines it connects to that made it terrible. Except the atrocity that was Oliver's scene in court. That was embarrassing.
The scene between Laurel and Bonnie is the best example for me. Now out of a sudden Bonnie is all fµcked up because she didn't protect Christopher when up to 7 seconds ago she was about to kill herself because of Miller?

It even has a negative effect on the acting. Viola didn't look like she wanted to seduce Emmet, she looked like she just want to skip to the yelling at him part.

And Gabe being stuck on Sam is stupid writing because we know what happened to Sam. If we didn't it may have actually worked.

MargaeryTyrell

I Don't Want To Be A Queen. I Want To Be THE Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
178,335 5,132 1,600
Alleybux
And Gabe being stuck on Sam is stupid writing because we know what happened to Sam. If we didn't it may have actually worked.

It’s not really stupid writing, story telling is not always about keeping the audience in the dark. I think this storyline is just meant to cause tension, we know what happened but Gabe doesn’t and he’s suspicious of the group. The writers are going somewhere with him and that strong faced FBI agent.

MargaeryTyrell

Reaction score
Reactions
178,335 5,132 1,600
Alleybux
I wish they would bring someone else to bring some conflict to the show other than the Castillo family. That’s my only problem with the show. They’re so many other options stop relying on Laurel’s family to push the story.

MargaeryTyrell

Reaction score
Reactions
178,335 5,132 1,600
Alleybux
I don’t know what you guys are talking about I am loving this season so far.
Even though I am tired of the Castillos

Most hate the show now because Wes was killed off, that’s what it comes down to mostly and it’s mentioned every episode. It’s annoying, he died seasons ago. Get over it. I loved season 2,3 and even season 4 was decent. This is my least favourite but it’s not as bad as some are saying. Otherwise why watch? I agree the Castillo thing is annoying, I wish we could shift focus to knew villians and develop the FBI agent character more for some good drama.

GrahamCracker

Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
It’s not really stupid writing, story telling is not always about keeping the audience in the dark. I think this storyline is just meant to cause tension, we know what happened but Gabe doesn’t and he’s suspicious of the group. The writers are going somewhere with him and that strong faced FBI agent.
But there's only one episode left in the season. So tension would have to be created already but so far it hasn't gone further than him reciting the line and getting eye rolls for it.
All the tension has come first from Miller's murder and now from Telesco that they saw the board behind her. Gabe hasn't really been part of that.

It's unclear who Telesco believes to be behind Sam's murder. I think it could be Bonnie. I remembered they told Wes they found DNA of one of Annalise's associates on Rebecca and Asher almost told Sinclair Bonnie killed Sam. So if they wanted they could tie Bonnie to all the murders assuming Annalise would be protecting her. But if all this unravels in one episode, Gabe can only be rendered even more irrelevant.
It's interesting but it's not even clear what Telesco is investigating, what operation Bonfire actually is.

In order for Gabe to be the source for tension, he would have to be given way more agency but he never acts on his desire to find out what happened to Sam in any meaningful way. This could be a potentially interesting direction for Gabe but i don't think Sam works as a motivation here because his death has been the source for tension for so many seasons already and it's a plot they actually closed - they have Wes on tape confessing.

keating4bestie

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
2 1
Alleybux
Why are you talking s**t about this show? This season is really good. If you wait for the finale you'll understand why. Just let the season finish.

MargaeryTyrell

Reaction score
Reactions
178,335 5,132 1,600
Alleybux
But there's only one episode left in the season. So tension would have to be created already but so far it hasn't gone further than him reciting the line and getting eye rolls for it.
All the tension has come first from Miller's murder and now from Telesco that they saw the board behind her. Gabe hasn't really been part of that.

It's unclear who Telesco believes to be behind Sam's murder. I think it could be Bonnie. I remembered they told Wes they found DNA of one of Annalise's associates on Rebecca and Asher almost told Sinclair Bonnie killed Sam. So if they wanted they could tie Bonnie to all the murders assuming Annalise would be protecting her. But if all this unravels in one episode, Gabe can only be rendered even more irrelevant.
It's interesting but it's not even clear what Telesco is investigating, what operation Bonfire actually is.

In order for Gabe to be the source for tension, he would have to be given way more agency but he never acts on his desire to find out what happened to Sam in any meaningful way. This could be a potentially interesting direction for Gabe but i don't think Sam works as a motivation here because his death has been the source for tension for so many seasons already and it's a plot they actually closed - they have Wes on tape confessing.

Understood, I get your perspective. It could be a build up for next season. I think we’ll learn more about Michaela’s past too which I’ll welcome. I’ve had enough of Laurel and her family taking the spotlight.

I just don’t want to judge harshly just yet. I agree that they should have developed Gabe more, they spent too much time making him ‘mysterious’ and the ‘whose child is this?’ plot line dragged on for too long.

GrahamCracker

Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
Understood, I get your perspective. It could be a build up for next season. I think we’ll learn more about Michaela’s past too which I’ll welcome. I’ve had enough of Laurel and her family taking the spotlight.

I just don’t want to judge harshly just yet. I agree that they should have developed Gabe more, they spent too much time making him ‘mysterious’ and the ‘whose child is this?’ plot line dragged on for too long.
This is a problem i had with the show for a long time. They have a tendency of stalling the plots until the mid season and season finales and maybe the episode before that which includes character development for the characters involved in the plots.
I always wished they built the plots and tension gradually. For example look at how late Laurel's family came into the picture.
I would have preferred if they introduced Telesco's operation Bonfire way earlier and built tension off of that.
Or the Emmet thing this episode should have lasted at least 3 episodes. They introduced and closed that red-herring so fast it's hard to even grasp what was its purpose.

GrahamCracker

Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
Why are you talking s**t about this show? This season is really good. If you wait for the finale you'll understand why. Just let the season finish.
Why does it matter so much? I find your rationale interesting. The show's ratings suggest whatever they are doing isn't resonating with the viewers. Waiting for the finale to make sense out of the whole season or redeem it is exactly at the root of the problem and considering the show dropped at a series low just before it suggest viewers didn't find this season's writing worth the wait.
Usually the ratings would pick up a little before the finale and mid season finale.

It's easy to dismiss our criticism as talking sh!t. Most of us would really prefer to like the show but are stuck in a love-hate relationship with it instead.

HTGAWM must be one of the shows who was the source for the highest amount of long winded opinions and analysis.
People used to love writing theories about the murder plots and later what about it they find to not be working for it. In theory this could have been a huge advantage for the people who have the strongest influence on the show's direction. And I don't mean to imply "the internet" should have been writing the show, hell i'm convinced the wrong side of twitter writing it is part of what ruined it. I'm saying all those posts by the shows audience could have helped the writers understand what the audiences expectations were.

sankofaa__

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
207,152 2,991 2,018
Alleybux
You're right about Laurel. People were saying the same thing about Wes but killing him off didn't end up helping the show.
The Frank thing is actually tied to that. As Pete killed off Wes and was punishing Annalise, he was redeeming Frank and trying to make Flaurel a thing again in S4. Mostly through the character development of Frank. The audience didn't like it so Pete dropped the whole thing and hasn't figured out what to do with Frank since.
It really all goes back to S3. They established Frank to be the cause of all the disasters but Pete kept spinning his own story line to make it seem Annalise and Wes were - meaning everyone in the show kept blaming them and it's them who ended up being punished.
The viewers didn't like it. He couldn't make the Flaurel thing work because the audience started resenting Laurel too much but he didn't know what else to do with Frank now that Annalise didn't need a fixer anymore.
The audience started resenting Connor for shitting all over Annalise so Pete makes him her biggest fan. The rest of course follow as allays. The audience thinks it's ridiculous.
Killing off Wes didn't go down well so he the main cast needs to make it safe out of S4. Enter Simon Drake and the Castillos. The audience hates it, blaming of course Laurel. Oliver's central role in the Simon BS didn't gain him any favors either.

Pete couldn't bring Wes back even if he wanted to because Alfred wasn't just sitting on his ass waiting for Pete to call him back. Enter the next best thing - Gabe. Gabe is black so obviously Pete has no idea what to do with him so he focuses on Sam instead, first on Bonnie because he needed a red herring. It doesn't land so Gabe's story line now is just sitting alone in Wes' old apartment and occasionally b!tch about Sam who only Pete really cares about.
The Nate thing isn't too far from that. It was about time Pete gave him a heftier story line. But Nate is black so eventually he lost interest in Nate and focused on the tragedy of Miller's death through Bonnie and his mother, Emmet, Birkhead the Castillos.... Pete can't really be bothered to make sense out of Nate sr's murder. Both Nates eventually became plot devices in some other not well defined plot. Nate is becoming what Annalise and Wes were for him in the earlier season - the character for which Pete wants us to always assume the worst.

Basically Pete's vision backfired spectacularly which affected every single character and there never was a decent plan B that could have saved the show.
this is spot on, especially the bolded. as much as I've missed Wes and would love to see Alfie's gorgeous self on my screen again, I'm glad that he's booked and busy. I hope Pete has learned a lesson about making stupid decisions: black actors are not disposable. these showrunners and writers destroy their own shows by killing off black characters, thinking it'll boost ratings. only for the opposite to happen. good riddance. the dude who plays Gabriel is sexy but that's literally it. the character of Gabriel serves no real purpose and does not hold a candle to Wes. it doesn't help that the actor himself is arrogant, for no clear reason. he is not Wes and will never be as important to Annalise as Wes was.

it's unfortunate that Viola and Aja are still attached to this garbage show (especially Aja because they've given her character absolutely nothing to work with after all of these years). i wouldn't be surprised if next week's episode was the series finale.

vdw842003

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,165 2,801 3,914
Alleybux
Im so pissed off, I have been wanting more of backstory on Michaela and they decide to do it now that the show is on its last legs and may not even be renewed for a season 6 where we can actually get more detail about her life. That little thing they did with her in season 3 with her trashy white adopted momma was such a waste of time, it gave nothing at all about her backstory.

This seasons really should have been Michaela centric about her finding herself and finding her parents, not making her xes thirsty again.

Im not here for Eve and AK, sorry. I have this thing about making all the black women or WOC either gay, bi or bicurious. Tegan is gay, AK is bi and now they try to make Michael bicurious or whatever this season, not here for it. Im not homophobic but it just irritates me that were always the ones used to help push the gay acceptance. Notice Michaela had to be such good friends with Conner out everyone even tho he treated her like trash in season 1.

The best and healthiest relationship Michaela had was with Asher and she blew it over random dick that she knew for 10 seconds. I will never forgive the writers for trashing Michaelas character last season to this season. They turned her into her old dick crazed self and I hated it.

They need to stop forcing Gabriel and Micheala, they have no chemistry, I dont care how fine he is. Im for chemistry and if u dont have it then cut it out, I dont care how sexy u r, dont make it happen. Like I have said before, Michaela aint got to hookup with every random black guy they bring on the show. She was around Wes orbit 3 seasons and the writers were never tempted to go there, so by all means keep the same energy for every new black guy come on the show, it aint that deep.

I do not give one damn about Laurels family. Its no reason for this season to be centered around them again. I would have rather had any of the other K4 backstory or centric season that hers which I felt like would have been way more interesting.

vdw842003

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,165 2,801 3,914
Alleybux
this is spot on, especially the bolded. as much as I've missed Wes and would love to see Alfie's gorgeous self on my screen again, I'm glad that he's booked and busy. I hope Pete has learned a lesson about making stupid decisions: black actors are not disposable. these showrunners and writers destroy their own shows by killing off black characters, thinking it'll boost ratings. only for the opposite to happen. good riddance. the dude who plays Gabriel is sexy but that's literally it. the character of Gabriel serves no real purpose and does not hold a candle to Wes. it doesn't help that the actor himself is arrogant, for no clear reason. he is not Wes and will never be as important to Annalise as Wes was.

It was a stupid decision to kill off Wes while the show was still so hott and popular. He should have waited till the last season of the show to do something shocking as kill over a major character then to do it 3 seasons in. That was dumb ass move. I know alot of people couldnt stand Wes in earlier seasons but they started to love him so to kill him off during a time where he was need and actually loved by many was stupid.

I agree about Gabriel trying to be the next WES, it want happen. Gabriel is just a pretty boy and arrognant. WES was goodlooking but he didnt walk around like he was the sh!t, he actually had more of deeper essence about him, cant say the same about Gabriel, he just doesnt fit in to me.

IndigoKnows

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
165,293 8,876 8,861
Alleybux
All I'm wondering is when are they going to bring in Keisha Knight-Pulliam to play Michaela's sister? They look alike and literally have the same voice. She'd be a great addition.

firedragon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,883 2,570 1,563
Alleybux
Most hate the show now because Wes was killed off, that’s what it comes down to mostly and it’s mentioned every episode. It’s annoying, he died seasons ago. Get over it. I loved season 2,3 and even season 4 was decent. This is my least favourite but it’s not as bad as some are saying. Otherwise why watch? I agree the Castillo thing is annoying, I wish we could shift focus to knew villians and develop the FBI agent character more for some good drama.

I literally rolled my eyes when Laurel said Wes was the love of her life.

vdw842003

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,165 2,801 3,914
Alleybux
I really hope the show is renewed for atleast one more season so we can get Michaelas backstory and I want the entire season to be rovolved it and AK to be involved somehow, I always hated that Ak and Michaela had such a strain relationship but then again it makes sense since they r so similar.

vdw842003

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,165 2,801 3,914
Alleybux
All I'm wondering is when are they going to bring in Keisha Knight-Pulliam to play Michaela's sister? They look alike and literally have the same voice. She'd be a great addition.

This would be good. I was hoping that Nate was going to end up being Michaela's Dad but obviously that aint going to happen.

GrahamCracker

Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
Im not here for Eve and AK, sorry. I have this thing about making all the black women or WOC either gay, bi or bicurious. Tegan is gay, AK is bi and now they try to make Michael bicurious or whatever this season, not here for it. Im not homophobic but it just irritates me that were always the ones used to help push the gay acceptance. Notice Michaela had to be such good friends with Conner out everyone even tho he treated her like trash in season 1.
It's not so much about their sexuality as the same characterization being used for all of them.
It's like how they are recycling Wes' backstory for Michaela.
This recycling doesn't happen with the white (especially white male) characters.

They need to stop forcing Gabriel and Micheala, they have no chemistry, I dont care how fine he is. Im for chemistry and if u dont have it then cut it out, I dont care how sexy u r, dont make it happen. Like I have said before, Michaela aint got to hookup with every random black guy they bring on the show. She was around Wes orbit 3 seasons and the writers were never tempted to go there, so by all means keep the same energy for every new black guy come on the show, it aint that deep.
They are not even supposed to have chemistry. Aja is too good an actress to simply play thirsty for chemistry in those type of scenes.

vdw842003

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,165 2,801 3,914
Alleybux
t's not so much about their sexuality as the same characterization being used for all of them.
It's like how they are recycling Wes' backstory for Michaela.
This recycling doesn't happen with the white (especially white male) characters.

Exactly, every single black woman on the show, they r trying to take down that road and its irritating me. I was perfectly fine with Michaela just seeing Tegan as a mother figure and someone she admire or a friend. Ur saying this straight young woman cant be friends with a lesbian woman without wanting to something more. If they can keep Conner strictly dick then keep Michaela strictly dick too.

They are not even supposed to have chemistry. Aja is too good an actress to simply play thirsty for chemistry in those type of scenes.

Maybe ur right, she isnt suppose to have chemsitry with him. Some were speculating he may be her brother and if that is the case that may explain the lack of chemistry which is going to be gross because they have kissed.

vdw842003

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,165 2,801 3,914
Alleybux
Didn’t she cheat on him with Frank?

I thought Laurel admitted she cheated on Wes with Frank last season when Michaela was talking to her about cheating on Asher. I remember Laurel saying she cheated on Wes with Frank but it was nothing but meaningless xes pretty much.

Melrose Monroe

Making LSA great again.
Reaction score
Reactions
149,063 1,841 311
Alleybux
Man, this used to be my favorite show. The ending usually left me hollering with my mouth hanging open. Now when it ends, I do a huge eye roll.

I was REALLY trying to be optimistic about this show, but ever since that episode where Annalise jumped out of character and took that job with the governor, my hopes for this show have been growing dimmer and dimmer.

On a positive note, Annalise looks good!! Whoever did her make up this episode and the last, she needs to keep. Her face looks photoshopped or like it has a filter on it every time they put the camera on her. Smooth velvety chocolate skin, matte colored lips, nice blended eye shadow... yes indeed.