Quantcast

HTGAWM| How would you rate season 4 so far?

GrahamCracker

Don't fµck with me fellas!
Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
Definitely an improvemet over 3. Eve is supposedly in S.F. but since we haven't heard her name even though the love of her life lost everything :mad2this sesson who knows where she is. If it ever happened it could be an easy fix.
The thing is she was never a regular, and it's not a given that Famke would want to commit to a regular spot even if she was offered it.
I also get the sense that Viola isn't keen on a soapy full of drama kind of love life for Annalise where she switches love interests every 1/2 season and it brings more misery than happiness to her life. But imagine trying to explain that to Shondaland writers?

Jeff Bezos

I’m a lady
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
240,976 6,028 2,399
Alleybux
Haven't caught up to yesterday's episode yet but this season has been lacking and borderline awful to me in that it's indescribably boring.

Jeff Bezos

I’m a lady
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
240,976 6,028 2,399
Alleybux
Agreed. I wasn't a huge Wes fan, but his connection to Annalise was such a big part of the show in the first two seasons, and this season is definitely missing that. I know Annalise wants to try to save Laurel's baby because she lost her own, but it's just weird that she's going to such great lengths to do so given the fact that Annalise and Laurel never had a particularly strong connection.

I also don't like Bonnie and Annalise being estranged. Their relationship was also essential to the show's dynamic in its first couple of seasons.

...And why is Nate still on the show? He no longer serves any purpose other than to be an errand boy for either Annalise or Bonnie. I'm starting to think he should have died last season instead of Wes.
Lettuce NAWT forget Lorraine told Anna she was GLAD she lost her baby. Anna should not be helping this trash bag for ANY reason, even if self serving

Jeff Bezos

I’m a lady
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
240,976 6,028 2,399
Alleybux
witness protection. or Wes had a twin that the mahoney's kept and him and Wes met an he was covering for Wes and he died in the fire. Wes became Cristoph and assumed his twin's identity but came back once he found out there was a baby. I cant see Wes as a dad but character development. Heck idk. At this point, he could walk outhe grave and id be satisfied
I literally just want Alfred back on. I just finished watching E10 and thought he was coming back at the end. Smh it was Lorraine's damn mom no one knows or care about

I stopped watching half way through season 3. I love Viola, but the show is all over the place. It's too fast. Too many characters to keep up with. That's the same reason why I stopped watching "Scandal" ... Them MoFos would talk so fast, and the music was always so f**kin loud - I didn't understand a word they said.
scandal was about to mask their bs early on with the fast talking! I'm going to try staying for my mother Viola but I don't know if I can

They could actually do it. It could all be dismissed as a drunk dream Anna had when she took a nap at Bonnie's house before her house exploded.
The footage from Laurel's dream of Wes opening his eyes in the morgue plus his body disappearing seem like they existed just in case they decide to bring him back.

Wait for the shows cancelation for people starting to talk regrets. Viola was openly sceptical about in an article about cast reactions. For now Pete seems to have way too much of an ego to admit he fµcked up.
hasn't Viola talked about how she thought the show isn't good??

I agree, as I said in the other thread Wes being under the sheet only confirmed to me that they were taking a certain direction that could only lead the show to where it is.
I always insisted that killing of Wes was fan service to the part of the audience which Pete consistently catered too. This same audience preferred the relationship centered storylines namely Coliver and Flaurel over the cases of the week, same audience was perfectly fine with Annalise (and Wes) being vilified and considered guilty of whatever.

The cases of the week (classroom scenes included) didn't just disappear leaving everything else intact. They were removed to make room for other storylines.

The only way the show could conceivably rebound is if it underwent a complete reimagining by for example having Annalise move to somewhere else (possibly restart he career as a law professor) and write the world and characters around her from scratch, leaving the old ones behind.
Where bringing Wes back could help is that their relationship worked as an organic link between the 2 generations of characters. There really is no believable replacement for him in this regard, and as it is now the reasons for Annalise still having anything to do with the K4 and Oliver are extremely thin.

I still think that giving Wes a happy ending by revealing him alive, with a law degree living a good life would redeem this show at least slightly. I find it really problematic that they choose that faith for a character with the story/backstory that he was given. I really find the fµck up to be big enough to warrant a do-over.
If you think about it it's exactly what Viola is making Pete do about Annalise. Everything she said about what she needs for Annalise for a year now was sending her towards a happy ending. To be blunt I think she realizes that if Annalise is destroyed and killed either literally or figuratively the experiment Annalise is concerning Black women narrative supposed to be she often talks about, will achieve nothing.
I would be down for Anna to move and Wes some how finds her and he has a whole new identity but in private Anna still calls him Christophe. I just wanted then to be a family. They literally killed him off when he was finally opening up to Anna.

Kandake

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,542 33 1
Alleybux
When she said Wes was coming back...I get the feeling she didnt want to kill Wes, she wanted to kill Laurel. its something Dominic said after the fire. I can see Collie and McAsher having baby time with the kid. Necky as a dad...that'll be great character development. I got the sense he always wanted to take care of somebody. You're right though. The show just needs to slow down.

I literally just want Alfred back on. I just finished watching E10 and thought he was coming back at the end. Smh it was Lorraine's damn mom no one knows or care about

scandal was about to mask their bs early on with the fast talking! I'm going to try staying for my mother Viola but I don't know if I can

hasn't Viola talked about how she thought the show isn't good??

I would be down for Anna to move and Wes some how finds her and he has a whole new identity but in private Anna still calls him Christophe. I just wanted then to be a family. They literally killed him off when he was finally opening up to Anna.

GrahamCracker

Don't fµck with me fellas!
Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
Anna and Wes complimented each other very well, the actors did to. Wes was alone in the world, Annalise just seemed to have a bag of love to give but no sane relationship where she could really do that. They're also similar in a way, both independent, strong personalities, not needy. I always got the feeling that they understood each other better than anybody else understood them.
In retrospect I think Viola and Alfred found a way to make the characters work and they just wrote around that. There really is no other relationship in the show like it.
A third generation would be like icing on a cake.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,997 5,786 517
Alleybux
I like that Annalise has "grown" but I miss the badass, take no prisoners, drinks vodka like it's water Annalise. They have really watered down her character with this "redemption" plot. I really hate her arc with Issac as well. Outside of good acting there has been no point.

Last edited: