Quantcast

HTGAWM | Season 3, Episode 5: "It's About Frank" (10/20/16)

Ms Her

Ms Her
Reaction score
Reactions
26,244 702 145
Alleybux
So what happened with her weave because they cut off a lot of the hair because it looked long snd silky

Mary j Blige looks better with brown hair

Viola Davis has dropped weight since season 1

The bleeding vagina/miscarriage holy sh!t too real

Frank is a jail bird for real omg

riiight, cuz that borderline struggle weave (especially when she answered the door for Wes...) No ma'am!

Lilly Ghalichi

Ничего не страшно
Reaction score
Reactions
294,666 13,168 8,519
Alleybux
riiight, cuz that borderline struggle weave (especially when she answered the door for Wes...) No ma'am!

I think they do Viola like that on purpose... maybe it is suppose to be apart of her character? But at the same time if Viola is getting her weave done in the shop like that, that they know ALL her business nu uh I'm calling bµllsh!t! Her sh!t would be laid to the GAWDS out there in Philly. Bonnie also has terrible fµck!ng hair so maybe that is the styling option? They're too busy to get their hair perfect?

Ms Her

Ms Her
Reaction score
Reactions
26,244 702 145
Alleybux
Thanks for the tag @Lyra Angelica :hug:

At the moment, I can't find the clip where Michaela tried to slap Aiden's mom, and his mom called Michaela out for being "Southern (Bayou) trash".

In the meantime, here's Michaela speaking in her Southern accent to Aiden's mom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OABlq6gWNp4

She told Momma:
tumblr_inline_mwzkdah9EB1qbqb0j.gif

Bevy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,084 148 14
Alleybux
When Bonnie and Frank smashed...

oprah_wow.gif

....never even knew I was here for it until it happened.

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
55,877 446 80
Alleybux
It's like we got that scene at the beauty shop to prepare us for all the wigs Viola would be wearing in the episode.

SLAPYaTUNG

FlightofDaNavigator
Reaction score
Reactions
53,252 1,932 1,681
Alleybux
Can someone please tell me why Paula Jai Parker's agent did not tell her to fix up her teeth for that beauty shop scene? I am too done with her...it's sad she took so much time off/got blackballed from the industry and id now having to work her way back up again...Viola Davis is winning though!

OluZ

Go Getter
Reaction score
Reactions
29,600 817 1,079
Alleybux
So much for my Michaela under the sheet theory... how embarrassing. :laugh 512x512:

FutureFiance

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,784 2,243 276
Alleybux
i didn't like the salon scene. it's like some white writer watched Ice Cube & Queen Latifah's movies about hair shops & compressed it to a 2 minute scene full of stereotypes.

SLAPYaTUNG

FlightofDaNavigator
Reaction score
Reactions
53,252 1,932 1,681
Alleybux
i didn't like the salon scene. it's like some white writer watched Ice Cube & Queen Latifah's movies about hair shops & compressed it to a 2 minute scene full of stereotypes.
I agree sponge...it annoyed me and seemed very random. Shonda needs to not let everyone on set just because their agents are persistent lol Mary please sit down and go settle your divorce. Paula...pay a visit to the orthodontist. Condi...or whoever you are RESTORE TAPATALK LSA

Jeff Bezos

I’m a lady
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
240,979 6,028 2,399
Alleybux
I get lesbian vibes from the university president. i think she has a crush on annalise. i actually like bonnie and frank. Frank did some great acting this episode. when he was looking all nervous and vulnerable when he first popped up on bonnie i wanted to hug the poor man. I Think the chemistry and understanding between those two is real. i like them better than frank and laurel. he can really be his true vulnerable self with bonnie.

Yeah because Laurel needs a father, daddy issues or no daddy issues. Frank cannot be vulnerable around Laurel because instead of comforting him like Bonnie did, she'd panic and make things worse. Blame that on inexperience with relationships if you want, but I think Laurel isn't a very strong person. She can't hold anyone up - someone has to hold her up.

Baby Daddy Wes is in for a lot if that's not him under that sheet. Laurel is more broken than Rebecca IMO.

Hooliganista

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
29,853 1,182 209
Alleybux
I think it's Connor.
I posted why, in Alfie's thread but here's a quick summary:
He's the only one working on another TV series in 2017. So there's my pseudo theory as to why :highly_amused:

Honestly, I think it's show suicide to have Wes under the sheet, any of the K5, really. Now, the only reason one of the K5 could be under there is because the show only has one more season to go. But still, you would think that would be the main reason to make the K5 last for the last season.

I won't be watching next season if Wes is gone :arrogant: :cry 512x512: :mad-new:

If it's not Connor, my next guess is Nate. He had a look of concern on his face when Anna drunk dialed him. He'll be stopping by to check up on her; Wes will be in the house, but he will escape, Nate won't. Anna fake cried cause she found out he was sleeping with the Ada; that Ada is up to something too....

Asher has no reason to be at Anna's house so he's safe. If Frank is under the sheet, Bonnie is talking to Asher on the phone.......

Best case scenario is Drake is burnt to a crisp.

Worse case is Frank or Wes, smh. Although, after finding out how corrupt Frank is, I would be ok with it, more than Wes.

Completely left field scenario is Laurel's father is under the sheet.............. :apthy:

Makoto Kino

Sailor Jupiter
Reaction score
Reactions
117,044 2,253 628
Alleybux
Michaela was adopted by ****?! Wtf? This was never even on my radar, especially since she's from the South. Why would a bunch of broke ******** adopt a black girl? How did they even afford that? Lordt, I hope nothing bad happened to her growing up and she's just ashamed of them.

I didn't know she was supposed to be speaking in a Southern accent when she snapped at Simon, though. :sidefrown: She was just talking so fast. I remember when she tried the accent in season 1 when she got buck with Lynn Whitfield... Ain't no Beyonce Southern, bih!

Chile, not Frank skeeting in Bonnie and bouncing...! And Bonnie knows better! She's seen how he treats these girls he deals with.

And he attempted to kill his dad, his dad survived, and now they're cool?

Hoping to GAWDT that the unidentified dead male is NAWT Connor! OMG. :weep: That's my dude; I love him. It's not Waitlist, so maybe Annalise finally took out Frank. I hope so. He's cute now and everything, but no one is really gonna miss his ho ass. But is Connor staying with Michaela at her parents house? It couldn't be him, right? He's acting kinda crazy in the previews for next episode...

Also, Mary J. Blige looked amazing. I can't even remember the last time I saw her with dark hair. She needs to go back to it.

Annalise has to get her life together. I never thought of her as being an actual alcoholic, but her dancing in her house by herself... :sidefrown:

ETA: I'm slow. I thought Oliver called Connor twice and Michaela's mom picked up the second time. So, the second call was to Michaela. Lawd, where is Connor? :cry 512x512:

SweetSound

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,973 39 37
Alleybux
Thanks for the tag @Lyra Angelica

People have said on here that maybe she is killing Frank's baby in order to get even.. Anna is not a killer.. also it looks like no one knows she is pregnant until the hospital scene. So if Anna did find out, it would have to be from Laurel, Wes or Frank. I still don't think she would kill an unborn baby though. Especially with all that she went through.

My Top 3 Picks

Who Set The House on Fire?
1. Bonnie
Whatever happens in the episode of the house fire, Annalise has some scheme already in motion and doesn't want to get caught up (she asks Ollie to erase everything on her phone). I think it could involve Bonnie in making sure that the house is set on fire per Annalise's orders. I don't think she would do that behind her back. However, I do think she would keep Frank behind the curtains without Anna knowing. At least until she knows for sure that Frank and Anna can forgive each other. This is who I think she is talking to on the phone while at the hospital.

2. Drake
"Ding dong the b!tch is dead" he said in the last episode. Now that we know he is the person behind the flyers, who IS he?. I think he felt like he finally won when read the article about Anna losing her job. I also think he has studied Anna's background and is a bit obsessed. "Everybody knows you are her favorites" and all that stuff he is always saying to the Keating 5. Um what else do you know sir?

He is a punk when someone goes toe-to-toe with him. But when he wants to "get at someone", he makes hateful fliers or verbally taunts. So if he is really on a vengeance mission fueled with hate, setting a house on fire isn't too far off from his M.O. But that's if he really has a deeper story behind it all.

3. Frank
Don't know why but I think it's a possibility as a favor for Annalise.

Who Is the Dead Body Under the Sheet?
1. Drake
2. Connor
3. Wes

Other thoughts:

-I really enjoyed the flashbacks. Gives the character more substance.

-Last season they hinted about Laurel's family and this season we got to see her father and hear more about her family. I think the same is happening for Michela. Next season we will see more of her family/background. Can't wait!

-In the scene where Drake announces that they will get a new instructor, the Keating 5 show their positions on the matter. Connor and Laurel are anti Keating, ready to be free of her. I've never liked Connor since day one. Connor is always the first one in the group to crack anyways. I hope he is the one that gets the axe.

StrangerNMoscow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,402 25 11
Alleybux
I just wish the writers would focus more on genuine friendships instead of forced hookups. When Wes and Laurel had their moment in the car last season, it could've been just that, a moment. When Frank was tossing and turning in his sleep and Bonnie was there to comfort him, it didn't have to turn into xes.

It could just be me though. I personally don't care for love scenes at all.

StableGenius

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,830 1,461 941
Alleybux
I just wish the writers would focus more on genuine friendships instead of forced hookups. When Wes and Laurel had their moment in the car last season, it could've been just that, a moment. When Frank was tossing and turning in his sleep and Bonnie was there to comfort him, it didn't have to turn into xes.

It could just be me though. I personally don't care for love scenes at all.

I totally get what you mean. But that's our society...at least according to the media. We are all shallow, xes crazed and incapable of true intimacy beyond the physical

bigbadvoodoo

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Bish, wayment?! When Michaela's white mama answered the phone. Did she say that her name was Trishelle? Michaela gurl you've got a backstory to explain, sis!

Lyra Angelica

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
248 5
Alleybux
Bish, wayment?! When Michaela's white mama answered the phone. Did she say that her name was Trishelle? Michaela gurl you've got a backstory to explain, sis!
Indeed she did. Just wanna know who on the writing staff was binge watching The Real World: Las Vegas for inspiration, because there's some source material legendary in heauxdom and fuckery. And that real-life Trishelle is coincidentally from Louisiana's Bayou Lafourche area to boot.:highly_amused:

Lyra Angelica

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
248 5
Alleybux
I told y'all peter has black and brown writers all through the writers room, that salon scene was too damn realistic and they cast the dvd man:bawling:
FOUR (!!) Black women in the writers' room, one of whom's also co-exec. producer.
Ironically, it was another white gay scribe like Pete who penned the Mary J. ep. Shonda deserves credit for many things, but Nowalk snatched her diversity wig when you stack up How To Get Away With Murder vs. Scandal both in casting and content.

Lyra Angelica

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
248 5
Alleybux
But didn't she say she was always taught to go after the black prince?? Who taught her that??
Nobody did, that was her ambition talking. Not her upbringing. Rewinding back to this instant classic monologue from S1.E15 for the context:
I am that girl. The one that tried to slap you, from the backwater bayou, that Southern ghetto trash. I just spent a long time trying to hide her away so I could claim the prince. Your shining, Black, perfect son of a prince. And I did. But that girl isn't me.
tumblr_o1043fMNNj1u06ukzo2_500.gif

tumblr_o1043fMNNj1u06ukzo1_500.gif

He's gay, Mrs. Walker. Aiden's gay or bi or experimental or… I don't know what he is, but I think you do. Or else you wouldn't be here scared and nervous, begging a girl you don't like very much to marry your son. I'm sorry. He doesn't love me. But here's the thing: I love me. So I'm done.

Lyra Angelica

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
248 5
Alleybux
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Oliver called Connor first and he didn't pick up. Then he called Michaela (he's crashing at her place).

Michaela was exposed by Aden's mom in season 1 as a stunt queen. We all thought she came from money, but Aden's mom blew that spot up when she basically called her "southern gutter trash."

We been known Michaela was adopted, that's why her and Caleb bonded.

She still has people convinced she's well off, Drake even commented that she was only in law school to find a rich husband.

Michaela has the least amount of backstory followed by Connor. At least we've seen Connor interact with his family (season 1 his sister tried to hook him up with an older guy over winter break) we've never seen any of Michaela's family.

And now I see why she avoids them :highly_amused:
Was beginning to wonder if a Season 1 re-watch session for this forum needed to be mandated from all these details previously covered being misremembered. Four for you, Glenn Coco!
khaled1.gif

Lyra Angelica

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
248 5
Alleybux
I wonder if Conviction good. Anybody watch it?
Hayley Atwell's a good actress, but ain't worth investing in, IMO. There's a pattern of the weekly procedurals ripping actual real-life headlines involving POC and repurposing them to clear white suspects. Major red flag, immediate turn-off.