Robyn McCall

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,190 772 41
Alleybux
75.jpeg

Question: I am loving How to Get Away With Murder. Any scoop? —Katie
Ausiello: Remember how Alfred Enoch’s “puppy dog” Wes shared with Rebecca in Episode 7 that his mother committed suicide when he was only 12? Series creator Peter Nowalk teases that viewers should “definitely pay attention to” that tidbit of background information. “That was a big bomb. It was buried in a bunch of information that was not significant, and it explains a lot of Wes’ behavior; it explains that he has a deep sadness, a loneliness.

It maybe explains a little of his ‘damsel-in-distress-rescue syndrome,’ too,” continues Nowalk. “It’s a question: ‘How did [Wes' mother] kill herself? Why did she kill herself? What happened to Wes after that? And how did that impact who he was?’ What happens to us as children completely determines our psychology and our behavior after that. [That death], basically, blew apart his life.” Nowalk also hints that even though Wes doesn’t come from the “shark-feeding” upper-class world inhabited by most of his Middleton University cohorts, he’s actually “much stronger than people think at first glance. Wes has been through things that are worse than any of [his Keating Five counterparts]. He knows how to shut down his emotions in the dramatic events of Murder Night.”

https://tvline.com/2014/11/18/the-mentalist-series-finale-spoilers-serial-killer-lazarus/

Soca Priestess

High Ranking Socatologist
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
265,466 2,958 645
Alleybux
Tbh, Idgaf about Confused Face and his simping ass. He should be the next corpse. :arrogant:

Preciousmom

Shalon, get down to the welfare!"
Reaction score
Reactions
45,214 1,737 920
Alleybux
why is he saving that white womens ass? Let me guess,black girls wouldn't talk to him when he was younger. Shonda loves an inter racial relationship Chile. I would like to see mikayla and Asher get together though

DivineDiva

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
12,703 61 37
Alleybux
I figured as much...the same refrain "it's the one you least expect" keeps getting repeated each episode....I consider that foreshadow.....and no one is less suspect than Wes.....that tidbit about his mom was so random that it had to be a point to ponder....interested to see how it all unfolds....

moved_cookie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
26,031 584 115
Alleybux
My guess is that Wes is Annalise's husband's son. And his mother killed herself when she found out that dude was having an affair with Annalise. Annalise alluded to the fact that she hooked her dude under less than ideal circumstances.

summerbreeze

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,569 6 1
Alleybux
I also think Wes killed Sam, I've thought it ever since he lied about the outcome of the coin flip. His whole character seems conniving under an unassuming guise, like when he pretended to be a lawyer to sneak in the jail to warn Becky. Also when he pretty much blackmailed Annalise into helping Becky or he would turn over the phone d!ck pics of her husband. Yeah, Wes did it.

Sashasash

Queen Bratz
Reaction score
Reactions
5,892 865 185
Alleybux
In the flashback, where she was in the Motel room that We'd took her too after he cleaned her up?

She said it while she was sitting on the bed talking to Wes. She said that she hit him in the head, and that she's do it again, or something to that extent because "he deserved to die" . I believe that's what the episode was called.

Am I mistaken? Because I just caught up on the episodes, and checked the threads, and everyone is still asking and speculating on who killed Sam.

Anyone else heard this? Or only me?

ETA: it wasn't the last episode, it was the one before the last.

Ntsap

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
199,961 5,634 2,257
Alleybux
I noticed that too. A couple of fonts probably called what will happen tonight right Annalise set this up and Rebecca scared of her and happy the man who killed her friend is dead.

vicki

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
597 12 6
Alleybux
I suggest changing the title. I dont know what show you're talking about and I even knew this was a spoiler. RIP to your edges girl.

TheeHoneypot

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
12,442 291 60
Alleybux
I caught that too I was confused ! Unless they trying to throw us off., guess we'll find out tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pepper Potts

harsh but true
Reaction score
Reactions
64,147 3,211 1,473
Alleybux
I think they're trying to throw us off. The real killer is going to be the person we least expect.

My money is on Bonnie or Michaela (since she has the trophy).

HayleySmith

HayleyDFischer
Reaction score
Reactions
22,363 1,305 2,290
Alleybux
Nah…she was just practicing what she was going to say to the police….She was showing Wes that she wanted to take responsibility...

Poison

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,570 448 338
Alleybux
I know what you're talking about. I was confused when I watched that scene that as well, because it implies that Rebecca killed Sam. Like someone else said, I think they were trying to throw us off.

JaJaJaded

Shot Caller
Reaction score
Reactions
75 1
Alleybux
I think it was a red herring.

After she said the whole "He wanted to kill me, I had no choice...he deserved to die" spiel, she said that she was going to jail anyways and wanted to help him for once. So, maybe she was practicing what she'd say?

Watch me be completely wrong lol. I guess we'll find out soon!

(apparently it took me a long time between typing and posting lol)

The Throne

Black.women.are.top.tier
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
314,753 1,985 406
Alleybux
Why would the show keep urging us to tune in to see who killed Sam if Becca already confessed? Also have you read the very long threads on this show. I am pretty sure this was covered.

Robyn McCall

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,190 772 41
Alleybux
Question: Hi, Aus! Totally love Ask Ausiello. I read it religiously. I would love some scoop on my latest obsession, HTGAWM. —Andrew

Ausiello: There are no xes scenes in Thursday’s midseason premiere. I. Kid. You. Not. The episode is coitus-free. But what the hour lacks in nooky, it makes up for in awkward morning-after energy (I’m looking at you, Bonnie and Asher) and additional Murder Night flashbacks (you’ll learn just how involved Annalise was in the events of the evening).

Bonus Scoop: While EP Pete Nowalk doesn’t want to spoil what role Oscar-winner Marcia Gay Harden has signed on to play, he’s kind enough to provide a little tease. “We meet her character at the end of [Thursday’s episode]. She plays this really powerful, smart woman to be in scenes with Viola,” Nowalk says. “You can expect their interactions to be big and emotional.”

http://tvline.com/2015/01/27/ask-ausiello-spoilers-htgawm-annalise-murder-night/

Robyn McCall

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,190 772 41
Alleybux
HTGAWM EP Teases 'Murder Night' Fallout, Connor's 'Changed' xes Life and Michaela's Wedding Woes

If loose lips sink ships, as the old saying goes, the participants in the homicide of How to Get Away With Murder‘s Sam Keating might be headed for a Titanic-sized disaster.

“All the characters [involved in the killing and disposing of Sam] are very normal people. They’re not used to holding a secret this big,” teases showrunner Pete Nowalk. “And we’ll actually see one of them divulge that secret to someone outside the group” in Thursday’s 2015 premiere (10/9c on ABC). “I don’t want to say who spills the beans,” he adds. “But it won’t be the person you expect.”

TVLine caught up with Nowalk for some hints about what to expect in the final six episodes of Season 1, including whether or not there’ll be another “Why is your penis on a dead girl’s phone?”-type moment and which loose ends will definitely be tied up by the end of the show’s freshman run.

VLINE | The How to Get Away With Murder Facebook page included a scene from Thursday’s episode where Laurel warns that the first Murder Night participant to go to the police will quickly incur the wrath of the other four. But obviously these folks aren’t really close friends, and also we have the issue that only Wes inflicted the fatal blow. Why shouldn’t, say, Laurel or Connor or Michaela ‘fess up?
That notion definitely comes up — and very quickly. What they do in the middle of the night in a crazy situation is one thing. Once you’ve had a shower and a moment to think, all of them, like any of us would, are looking for a way out. It’s every man for himself. That’s a big question that lingers over all of them [in this week’s installment]. But by the end of Episode 10, we will answer how they’re gonna cope, and why they don’t maybe split from the group.

TVLINE | Is staying together safer than splintering off?
That’s one possibility. They’re making game-time, split-second decisions, and that’s the fun of the rest of the season for me — to watch them all try to get away with this.

VIOLA DAVISTVLINE | Do you have anything in the second half of the season that matches the OMG-ness of “Why is your penis on dead girl’s phone?”/Annalise’s wig removal?
[Laughs.] Oh God. I don’t know. I never thought, “Do we have one scene that will make people pay attention?” And that’s not how that [wig removal] scene came about at all. All the stars just aligned — Viola is such an amazing, deep, layered actress that I didn’t even see beforehand the emotional impact that wound up having on everyone. So no, part of me doesn’t know if we do have a scene that good. Hopefully the stories are just as intriguing, though, and the episodes end with really exciting twists.

TVLINE | As you planned the latter half of Season 1 — with the knowledge that ratings were going to warrant a Season 2 — how did you decide what to resolve and what to leave open-ended by the time the finale rolls around?
I made a promise when we made the pilot: We will find out who killed Sam and who killed Lila by the end of Season 1. And I’m really happy I made it. We already got the answer of who killed Sam — and we will learn who killed Lila, as well. I really like tying up a storyline with a bow; I like getting answers. That was very important for the writers and I — making sure we answer a lot of loose ends. Obviously, some will extend into Season 2, but it’s our goal as writers to create new things. We wanted to make sure we weren’t spinning our wheels too much, and that’s what’s been awesome about a shorter season — 15 episodes — we get to answer the questions and move on.

TVLINE | Connor’s xes scenes in the first half of the season have been kind of epic, to say the least. Can we expect anything as outrageous as his copier-room hookup or his courthouse bathroom quickie?
What’s interesting about Connor now… Murder Night has changed them all forever. What’s fun for me is to see how all the characters react to it in ways we don’t expect. Connor’s free-lovin’ xesual lifestyle — in the aftermath of a murder, it may not be so important to him. And something else becomes really important to him. We’re trying to stay true to the character and the storyline — and he changes a little bit through the rest of the season, which only covers about two months in the timeline of our show. He has a lot more to do with Oliver, which has always been fun for us to write. But there’s always going to be interesting xes on our show, though. [Laughs.]

TVLINE | Michaela pretty much lost her mind on Murder Night, too, not just because of Sam’s death and her missing engagement ring, but also because of her showdown with her future Mother-in-Law, which was truly delicious. Will Lynn Whitfield be back for Round 2?
We’re gonna delve into what happens to Michaela now. Does the wedding still continue? How is she psychologically and emotionally still going on with her life? How do you keep planning a wedding when you have blood on your hands? And Mrs. Walker, her future mother-in-law, is this powerful presence, and quite an annoying one sometimes. She does come back. We do have another interaction between Michaela and her future mother-in-law, eventually. We’ll see what happens between her and Aiden now that she’s a big, ole’ murderer.
Season 1, Episode 10, "Hello Raskolnikov"

Season 1, Episode 10, “Hello Raskolnikov”

TVLINE | You set up this idea in the pilot where Annalise argues we never know anyone. And at the same time, you keep planting these little seeds about the characters that are so specific, I’ve got to believe they’re going to somehow be significant — Michaela’s mother-in-law calling her bayou trash, Wes talking about his mother’s suicide, Bonnie’s random hookup with a stranger in that hotel lobby. Does it make sense for fans to be latching on to those little moments? Eventually those seeds will bear fruit, right?
Yes, and it’s actually the audience and all of you guys who’ve really encouraged us to do that. What’s great about how you’ve all taken to the mysteries of the show is how we can just plant the seed and not have to explain it in the same episode. In a lot of [shows], you feel like you have to do that because the audience might lose interest or not understand: But everything you just said — like about the bayou trash — this is just real life to me. People aren’t always exactly who they appear to be. Just because Michaela presents the way she does, doesn’t mean she was born that way. We all put on masks throughout our lives. The fun of the show is the mystery of who all these people are and where they came from. Are they exactly who they appear to be? Sometimes they are and sometimes they’re totally acting a part. Over the course of the series and the season, we’ll learn more about each of them. We’ll find out what their home life possibly looked like before they came to college. You guys are so observant we don’t feel we have to spell things out. It gives us freedom to write better. [Laughs.] And to slowly peel away the onion of a character — which is what you do in real life. You meet people, you work with them and slowly find out who they are. That’s not interesting to me. We’re discovering the characters as you guys are too, and the actors help us with that. Nobody tells you a monologue and then you know everything about them that you need to know.

http://tvline.com/2015/01/27/how-to...-htgawm-spoilers-connor-xes-michaela-wedding/

Robyn McCall

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,190 772 41
Alleybux
This week’s episode of How to Get Away With Murder is brought to you by the letters “O,” “M” and “G”.
Even though the ABC drama’s midseason premiere picked up after the events of Murder Night — meaning there were no blood-spattered faces, no ominous choruses of “Jingle Bells” and no shots of Michaela sobbing in the fetal position — Thursday’s hour didn’t let up on the drama.

In one corner, there was Rebecca’s court case, as Annalise tried to get the charges against her dropped. It wasn’t easy, but after evidence against Sam mounted — DNA results that revealed he was the father of Lila’s baby; an abortion clinic security video that indicated he wanted Lila to terminate her pregnancy against her wishes; laptop data that proved Sam was indeed at the sorority house the night Lila was murdered — Annalise was successful in clearing Rebecca’s name.

In the other corner, there was an intricate web of relationships, romantic (Asher and Bonnie are not on the same page about their bedroom rendezvous) and otherwise (Annalise spills the murderous beans to Frank, but makes him promise that Bonnie will never know).
Keating Five (or Four, given Asher’s utter oblivion to what went down on Murder Night), it didn’t take long for them to start turning on each other, as Laurel, Michaela and Connor made plans to turn themselves into the police — plans that were squashed by Annalise, who promised she would get them out of their sticky situation. That will be a lot easier said than done, given the arrival of Sam’s sister, Hannah Keating (played by Marcia Gay Harden), who has a number of bones to pick with the professor.

And those are just the highlights of what went down this week.

TVLine chatted with the cast of HTGAWM on set to discuss the jam-packed hour and what awaits each character in the second half of the season.

SISTER IN LAW | Viola Davis promised that Hannah’s presence will reveal much about Annalise’s past. “The dots will start connecting in terms of how she and Sam met, what my connection was with his family,” Davis said. “You’ll start to see why Annalise is the way she is.” Added Karla Souza: “We start seeing how Mommy is put in her place by someone else.”
But Hannah will also have an interesting influence on someone with whom Annalise is very close: Bonnie. “She may help Bonnie in realizing that things are probably not as they seem,” Liza Weil said of her in-the-dark character, who still believes Sam has “gone rogue” and is merely missing. “[Hannah is] going to be a catalyst for Bonnie wanting to piece it together for herself.”
MOMMIE DEAREST | One major question continues to loom, now that Annalise is aware of Sam’s murder: Why is she helping The Keating Four, especially Wes? “That’s really difficult for Wes to understand, and it’s one of the obstacles in the way of their relationship,” Alfred Enoch said. “Maybe she respects him. When you enter a complicated sphere, it’s hard to cleave to your principles in that way. Maybe she feels for him.” For Davis, the answer is much simpler: “She feels responsible [for the murder],” she shared. “She feels like she was complicit in it, and it’s her demented way of being maternal.”

Speaking of the mother-son relationship between Wes and Annalise, which has often bordered on xesual, Davis confirmed that “it’s just a maternal relationship. But I don’t think she’s great at it. She’s awkward. You would probably feel uncomfortable around her. I wanted her to have a weird sense of boundaries.”

RELATEDHTGAWM EP Teases ‘Murder Night’ Fallout, Connor’s ‘Changed’ xes Life and Michaela’s Wedding Woes

BOILING POINTS | The other woman in Wes’ life, Rebecca, will also begin to pose problems, especially after expressing concern that Wes wasn’t acting jittery enough in Thursday’s episode. “They’re actually faced with the mechanics of being together now,” Katie Findlay said of the pair’s upcoming relationship woes. “They boil in this apartment. They do love each other, but what could possibly develop properly in that environment? Watching them try to explore what they’ve built — because they built it in such a hurry — is heartbreaking in the next couple of episodes.”
TRUST ISSUES | As for the Keating Four, who are trying to return to their normal, pre-murder lives, the shifting alliances that began in this week’s premiere are just the tip of the iceberg, according to Jack Falahee. “It’s definitely going to be a teeter-totter of trust between them for the next couple of episodes,” he said.

“What’s funny is, at the beginning of the show, Connor and Michaela are the ones who you would think would be in control. But they’re the kids now,” Souza added of Laurel’s classmates, who were the first to crack under the pressure of police questioning. “You have no idea what they’re capable of. The person you least expect it from is going to be the one that does it.”

http://tvline.com/2015/01/29/how-to...winter-premiere-marcia-gay-harden-sam-sister/

Makoto Kino

Sailor Jupiter
Reaction score
Reactions
117,035 2,252 628
Alleybux
I'm not gonna give much away, but there's a possibility that others might.

So... after the way she and Frank set up an innocent black man (Nate), does everyone hate Annalise? I already see that some of you guys ain't with her decision at all. :dead:

LaPriya Prim

Talented Tenth Socialite
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
432,918 12,546 2,534
Alleybux
I'm still Team Annalise because I think there'a a bigger picture here. I think her and Nate are in on it together...

JuneBug29

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
66,153 1,465 277
Alleybux
I'm still Team Annalise because I think there'a a bigger picture here. I think her and Nate are in on it together...

nah

they came to the house..he knew he got got

and the way she was crying in bed

annaliese fµcked him big time

things will never be the same

boomboom12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
196,892 4,428 1,789
Alleybux
Im not gonna go in on her yet...because I'm hoping she gonna get bonnie in the case.

But tonight's episode was spectacular. If this cast don't get an Emmy then I don't know. Anna did that. Hannah did that. Cisely bout to kill it!

Scandal take notes!

MzBrew

The Real BooBoo Kitty
Reaction score
Reactions
1,986 22 14
Alleybux
Im not gonna go in on her yet...because I'm hoping she gonna get bonnie in the case.

But tonight's episode was spectacular. If this cast don't get an Emmy then I don't know. Anna did that. Hannah did that. Cisely bout to kill it!

Scandal take notes!

Bonnie's ass couldn't win a dayum mock trial! I hope she send's Frank.

Makoto Kino

Sailor Jupiter
Reaction score
Reactions
117,035 2,252 628
Alleybux
To steal a qote from the main thread:

Why would frank have to sneak for the fingerprint if nate was in on it??
And Nate would have nothing to gain from it.

Annaliese did him dirty. That's it.

Damn... I think she's right. Frank was on some James Bond type sh!t with the ring and fingerprint. Plus, Annalise crying in the bed and calling up her mom didn't really seem like an act. She really set up our ***** Nate. :wilt:

Charming1

Shotaro's mother
Reaction score
Reactions
10,259 195 70
Alleybux
I am not off yet, but I need her to show me receipt because that was foul!

I hope it is because she thinks the case will be hard to build against him since he did not commit the crime and she has already alibied for him.

Teyana Breezy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
30,019 1,441 37
Alleybux
I'm always on Team Annalise tbh but what she did to bald bae is fµcked up. She literally planted the ring with his print on it. But I feel for her because she did it not only for herself, but for the people she swore to protect. And like another poster said, she was riding Nate's D at the time of the murder so he does have a solid alibi. Also, Michaela's ring is still missing and I feel like that is gonna fµck her her up, especially since she is no longer getting married and her almost mother -in-law seems petty enough to make her ex-fiancee force her to give the ring back.

Ms Her

Ms Her
Reaction score
Reactions
26,243 702 145
Alleybux
I am not off yet, but I need her to show me receipt because that was foul!

I hope it is because she thinks the case will be hard to build against him since he did not commit the crime and she has already alibied for him.

I am thinking so too or maybe just hoping hard as all hell cuz babeee! I don't know what to think. I feel like I should have never started watching if I couldn't get my fix. (Ie...I didn't start watching OITNB until right before the second season I think and was holed up getting my life, lol)

Oda Mae Brown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
207,142 1,637 622
Alleybux
I'm still Team Annalise, sad she set Nate up but hey she kept her promise to four students.

Also didn't she and Nate both state they were together the night Sam disappeared?