Quantcast

'HTGAWM' Star Amirah Vann Previews Big Tegan Reveal: 'Some People Might Be Pissed'

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,965 5,786 517
Alleybux
How to Get Away With Murder star Amirah Vann is as excited to learn more about Tegan Price's plans as fans are.

The actress, who joined the ABC drama series in Season 4 and was promoted to series regular in Season 5, recalled in a conversation with PopCulture.com how fans are always asking her "What's up with Tegan?"

Well, the answer to that question will come sooner than we think.

"We don't know yet where her allegiances lie and I think that just makes it so exciting and when I tell you by the end of the season, we will get the answer and it's so exciting and so shocking and it's so worth the wait," Vann told PopCulture.com in a phone interview Friday, Feb. 1. "That's all I'll say."

Tegan's actions left fans with many questions at the end of the latest episode, "Be The Martyr," when she reached out to the FBI agent in charge of the investigation in to ADA Miller's death after catching the Keating 4 in a lie.

While many would have run as fast they could from Annalise Keating (Viola Davis) and the drama surrounding her and her students, Vann credits Tegan's admiration for her fellow lawyer as the reason for her sticking around.

"You know, this is someone who she looked up to and who she studied while she was in school and who she wants to be like and who she hopes she is at this point in her career, so it's one of those things where it's just like, 'does she trust her? Does she not trust her? Can she trust Annalise?'" Vann added.

With four episodes left this season, Vann teased that Tegan's true intentions will be revealed, and send shockwaves throughout the series.

"That is the big question I think of the season. It was definitely for me and I feel like it definitely seems to be for the fans so I'm really excited to at least say for right now we'll just be able to just kind of take that journey and complete it," the actress said. "Some people might be pissed, some people might be excited. I think it's going to be mixed emotions and it's going to be great."

With the big Tegan mystery in mind, Vann hopes that herself and viewers get to learn more about the "boss lady" lawyer's past in future episodes.

"I'm so grateful that people have already invested in Tegan the way I have and I have my own idea of what her past could be and that keeps me really present and makes her a whole person," Vann said. "Whenever it comes where we can really kind of dig into her past and go, 'Oh wow. This is why she does what she does,' and grapple with those questions I feel like that to me is great drama."

How to Get Away With Murder airs Thursdays at 10 p.m. ET on ABC.
'HTGAWM' Star Amirah Vann Previews Big Tegan Reveal

Soca Priestess

High Ranking Socatologist
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
265,466 2,958 645
Alleybux
Nothing her character does is going to touch the outrage that resulted from killing Wes.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,965 5,786 517
Alleybux
Tegan -Vs- Annalise would be epic but I like them on the same team.

Which would be a shame because I was looking forward to Annalise having a friend or just a colleague who's not involved in the murder BS.

Nothing her character does is going to touch the outrage that resulted from killing Wes.

Right. They could kill off anyone else on the show, especially the 3 newbies, and it wouldn't matter. The shock value tactic got a old a long time ago.

So i guess it's RIP Tegan.
I didn't want to be the first to say it but i was thinking the same thing. Why else would Amirah mention that people may be pissed at her actions unless she goes against AK? :no2 I like her character but she has been wasted and her leaving would have no impact.

Last edited:

GrahamCracker

Don't fµck with me fellas!
Reaction score
Reactions
109,120 709 177
Alleybux
I didn't want to be the first to say it but i was thinking the same thing. Why else would Amirah mention that people may be pissed at her actions unless she goes against AK? :no2 I like her character but she has been wasted and her leaving would have no impact.
The way she puts it makes it sound as if they'll have her do something that will be an excuse to kill her off.

atx

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,646 427 45
Alleybux
Man they better not kill off Tegan and leave Laurel's annoying self on cast.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,965 5,786 517
Alleybux
You shocked me Miss Tegan
My face the entire time
r3mJf.gif

They are work friends at best... Pete did the most as usual. If it were Bonnie then it would be believable. Not a colleague you've known for a few months.

Last edited:

Maxine Shaw

LSA Attorney-at-LOL
Reaction score
Reactions
32,263 160 90
Alleybux
Someone on Twitter put it best:

Tegan is Annalise's friend.
Annalise is NOT Tegan's friend.

And I'm so sick of all this queerbaiting - this whole puppy love thing Tegan has for Annalise, who doesn't even know Tegan is alive. Bad enough that I haven't cared about the Scooby Doo gang since they were conceived, but last night's scene where Tegan is calling AK like "OMG LET'S HANG OUT" while AK is out on a date with someone we couldn't give less of a fµck about was the last straw for me. Seriously, that scene could've played out the exact same way w/o that thirsty-ass phone call.

Pete Nowalk knows that the fans want TP and AK together (#Tegalise), and he keeps throwing out hints that it miiiight happen. bµllsh!t. This affection is all one-sided. Just let them be best friends and leave it at that.

We can have gay marriage and threesomes that nobody - and I mean NO motherfµck!ng BODY - asked for. But we can't have two black lesbians in a relationship together? fµck outta heah with this bµllsh!t.

DC123

Anna Mae
Reaction score
Reactions
221,965 5,786 517
Alleybux
Someone on Twitter put it best:

Tegan is Annalise's friend.
Annalise is NOT Tegan's friend.

And I'm so sick of all this queerbaiting - this whole puppy love thing Tegan has for Annalise, who doesn't even know Tegan is alive. Bad enough that I haven't cared about the Scooby Doo gang since they were conceived, but last night's scene where Tegan is calling AK like "OMG LET'S HANG OUT" while AK is out on a date with someone we couldn't give less of a fµck about was the last straw for me. Seriously, that scene could've played out the exact same way w/o that thirsty-ass phone call.

Pete Nowalk knows that the fans want TP and AK together (#Tegalise), and he keeps throwing out hints that it miiiight happen. bµllsh!t. This affection is all one-sided. Just let them be best friends and leave it at that.

We can have gay marriage and threesomes that nobody - and I mean NO motherfµck!ng BODY - asked for. But we can't have two black lesbians in a relationship together? fµck outta heah with this bµllsh!t.
For me the issue is not that Annalise and Tegan aren't together. Anna hasn't been written to be interested in Tegan but I agree their so called friendship is one sided. Tegans crush is cringeworthy at this point. The main issue is that Pete has called Ak pansexual /bisexual/gay but keeps pairing her with a man every season. It's ridiculous and a waste of screen time especially now that Anna is expressing being afraid to come out and loving Eve. AK doesn't seem remotely interested in Robert and they have 0 chemistry.

:whistle:

HOME / ENTERTAINMENT / TV
‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season 6 Episode 7 raises concerns among fans regarding portrayal of alternate sexuality

For six seasons, HTGAWM has been very open and straight about how the show portrays alternative sexuality. But by season 6, episode 7, fans have started feeling a shift in perspective.

Published on : 21:52 PST, Nov 7, 2019

0e84ee00-01e6-11ea-9776-6397d8085136_800_420.jpeg

HTGAWM has never held back when talking about social classes, sexuality, gender preferences, or anything that is typically debatable to be shown on American television. And that made fans appreciate the show all the more. Even without saying it out loud, (like we see in most shows) the creators made the audience at ease with the characters’ layered sexuality.

Take Annalise’s character for instance. We have known for a while now that she has been in a serious relationship with Eve, then she was married to Sam, she has a soft corner for Bonnie, and now, perhaps Tegan. And at the same time, she is also ‘virtually’ dating Robert (a client’s lawyer). As episode 7 shows Annalise going for a date at Robert’s place, which she does quite reluctantly, it causes a stir among her fans who feel that Annalise is not being upfront about her sexuality.

As @tutuhottuhandle Tweets, “Catch me being forever pissed at the way #HTGAWM treated the non gay LGBTQIAP+ community. It really wouldn't have been fµck!ng hard for Annalise to audibly say she's bi.” The fact that Annalise couldn’t be vocal about her xesual preference to either Tegan or even Robert, indicates that her character is not comfortable with her sexuality, whereas, her actions speak otherwise.

But that’s not all. Episode 7 of season 6 also exposed us to the case of the week which also revolved along the same lines. The case involved a middle-school teacher, David, who accidentally shoots one of his students, Ryan. On digging deeper, it is revealed that he was also gay but closeted until his student (the victim) finds out. Being the bully of the school, the boy generates enough hate and fear within the teacher. But as the scenes made it look, (which was evident through the statement of the boy’s grandmother as well) David killed Ryan because he’s was afraid that people will know he is gay. Fans have difficulty connecting the dots between the intent of murder and one’s xesual preference. @Lovable_Tre comments, “ I think he lying. Him being gay has nothing to do with the shooting. I think. #HTGAWM.”

Fans are wondering why there should be any reason now for people to keep hiding their sexuality, especially now, with so much discussion and open acceptance of the LGBTQ community happening all around. But most importantly, they do not like how Annalise is not being open about herself, at least in terms of her sexuality.

Here’s what @7_revealed has to say, “Analise is bi-xesual but it appears she prefers men. First she had a serious relationship seasons ago with that woman. What happened to her by the way? And then she breaks hearts & goes back to the man. Now Tegan has fell for her & she knows that. #HTGAWM”

‘How To Get Away With Murder’ airs on ABC, every Thursday at 9
‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season 6 Episode 7 raises concerns among fans regarding portrayal of alternate sexuality

Last edited: