Quantcast

UPDATE Murder charges filed against adoptive parents of Orson and Orrin West, ages 3 and 4

SunKissWanderer

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
141,505 40,726 695
Alleybux
Hunt for brothers, three and four, as cops search home and quiz adoptive parents who said boys went missing while playing outside their California home

37328420-9092307-image-a-35_1609154781952.jpg

Three-year-old Orson (right) and Orrin (left) West, four, were reported missing after playing outside their home in the 10700 block of Aspen Avenue, California City on Monday

A hunt is underway for two brothers who went missing after playing in their backyard as their adoptive parents are quizzed and their home in California is searched.

Three-year-old Orson and Orrin West, four, were reported missing after playing outside their home in the 10700 block of Aspen Avenue, California City on Monday.

Parents-of-six Trezol and Jaqueline West, who fostered the brothers in 2018 and adopted them the year after, have been questioned by police and federal agents.

Officers also searched their home on Tuesday and left with bags of evidence while their vehicle was towed.

Mrs West reportedly told the boys to go and play outside with their father after she was busy wrapping presents. The boys were reported missing at around 8pm on Monday.

Their father revealed how he was gathering wood to start a fire because of the cold weather.

37328416-9092307-image-a-36_1609154784353.jpg

Parents-of-six Trezol and Jaqueline West, who fostered the brothers in 2018 and adopted them the year after, have been questioned by police and federal agents

'I open up the back gate, I'm throwing wood, bringing it inside the house. My wife's inside, she was actually wrapping gifts so we thought it was a good idea that our youngest two go outside and play with chalk on the back patio,' Mr West told 23ABC News.

Mr West explained that he saw they were not on the patio and realized he had left the back gate open.

The father revealed how he 'panicked and came inside the house' before he called the police.

Resident Jennifer Wood told the publication how around 100 people came out to search for the toddlers and started to knock on doors while helicopters came out.

California City Police along with the FBI, and the Kern County Sheriff's Office have been investigating their disappearance.

Meanwhile California City Police have not confirmed if any arrests have been made.

Hunt for brothers, three and four, as cops search home and quiz adoptive parents | Daily Mail Online

luckygirl93

Caramel Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
407,766 21,358 16,214
Alleybux
Either they killed them or abandoned them somewhere cause they got tired of taking care of them. Who tells toddlers to go and play outside by themselves?

Reaction score
Reactions
8,441 213 32
Alleybux
Lies, you have 6 kids and you left the YOUNGEST 2 play outside by themselves while you have the gate open?

You know good and well, most "good hearted" parents would MAKE an older sibling stay outside with the kids. And if the parent can't keep an eye on them they'll be inside.

I'll reserve the rest of my judgment until later. I really hope it's not what I'm thinking though.

SkieOat

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
6,932 196 65
Alleybux
Uh uh. This aint right.

Who leaves kids this age unsupervised enough for them to get this far away to the point where you can't even find them???

They got kidnapped or one or both of the parents was up to some evil sh!t.

I truly hope these little boys get found safe and alive :(.

Fredsluv

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
55,405 954 384
Alleybux
Really....??!!!! Right before Christmas eh???!! Yeah one look at the parents especially the dad and you know something is afoot....adoptive parents of SIX??!!!!!! C’mon now.....

I hope they find these little boys safe and sound...I really really do because I can’t take much more of innocent children dying at the hands of the asshole parents who are supposed to protect them!!!!!

edit: and my son is 6, I don’t even let him play outside in our backyard by himself. EVER. Let alone fµck!ng TODDLERS!!! UNSUPERVISED??!!! Why didn’t they just go upstairs to play??! Couldn’t the wife wrap the presents in her room and shut the door? What about older siblings? Why couldn’t they watch the younger two??!!

....honestly that fuckboy stance tells me most surely everything that I need to know.

Last edited:

1HrdWrknL8D

Left side is my best side
Reaction score
Reactions
17,072 296 9
Alleybux
I have watched way too many DiscoveryID shows to know that somehow, the adoptive parents may be involved.

The story is just foul...leaving the boys to play by themselves without any supervision while the gate is ajar?! Really?!

I pray for a safe return for these young boys. (Imma go hug my nieces and nephews a little bit tighter and a little longer today).

LaBamba

Up in the clouds, me and my sheitel
Reaction score
Reactions
251,266 11,121 1,705
Alleybux
Too many kids: 2 parts bleeding hearts 1 part stipends. Folks can barely handle 6 of their own biological children, so 6 babies from different backgrounds, different traumas, different personalities and what not? Recipe for disaster.

Ways to prevent situations like this:

1. Birth control. You can’t foster/adopt someone who doesn’t exist. There needs to be financial incentive for folks who have no business breeding to be permanently fixed.

2. Hard limits on the amount of kids in one home. Unless it’s a sibling set, there should not be more than 3 unrelated children in one home. Lots of private fostering agencies are good about keeping their families caseloads small, but when you’re working directly with the county they’re just trying to place as many as they can in a safe spot.

3. More community involvement in the foster care system. The reason there are so many long term foster carers is because there really isn’t anyone to take their place. Fostering is an emotionally grueling task and anyone who has been doing it 10+ years has likely shut down some parts of themselves emotionally that the average person hasn’t in order to survive all the trauma. It slowly transforms from something done to help out to a job. If we put a cap on how long someone could actively foster, it would prevent a lot of burn out and apathy. The problem is is that there’s no one coming up behind them to take their spots. More people need to explore fostering even if it’s just once or twice so that the caring for many is not put on a few. Career foster parents shouldn’t exist, it should be something we all who are capable do for 2-3 years during our adult lives.

I really hope and pray they find these little boys alive.

Last edited:

Sex Momma

Kiss My Grits
Reaction score
Reactions
22,723 1,037 1,107
Alleybux
Either they killed them or abandoned them somewhere cause they got tired of taking care of them. Who tells toddlers to go and play outside by themselves?
My parents. We played outside in the backyard ALL THE TIME by ourselves. These boys were sent to the backyard.....which is obviously fenced in if you have to open a gate. They were sent to the patio to draw on the floor with chalk.

I don’t know if this would pertain to them, but our only danger was wildlife. Because bears could snatch us up so fast, we couldn’t go beyond a certain point in our own.

I don’t know if the parents had anything to do with this, but the fact mom is not holding dads hand and dad is holding himself says “mom’s pissed at him and he blames himself”.

I’m gonna’ reserve judgement on this one. Just gonna’ pray they find these boys safe.

Clara Barton

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
182,181 10,698 4,211
Alleybux
The dad’s posture alone suggests he’s freezing. Mom is wearing a fall/winter coat. It is weird he is not wearing a coat, but.....

I just hope these little babies are bundled up warm.

Mom's squint to me is trying to look concerned, but the defensive furrow where you are ready to ask questions back to deflect.

It's also giving me tired Latina who will go along with her husband to get this all over with.

Interesting he fostered full black boys with his Latina wife in that area.

California City is land of the black men who despise full blackness and worship anything not.

I have to watch the interview to see if she repeats questions instead of answering straight.

They did it.

Sex Momma

Kiss My Grits
Reaction score
Reactions
22,723 1,037 1,107
Alleybux
Mom's squint to me is trying to look concerned, but the defensive furrow where you are ready to ask questions back to deflect.

It's also giving me tired Latina who will go along with her husband to get this all over with.

Interesting he fostered full black boys with his Latina wife in that area.

California City is land of the black men who despise full blackness and worship anything not.

I have to watch the interview to see if she repeats questions instead of answering straight.

They did it.
She’s too relaxed. If she were covering for her husband she wouldn’t be. He looks like he’s attempting to comfort; hold himself together.

I foster animals. Am looking to foster children in the future. Most people who foster-than-adopt foster children ACTUALLY do adopt more than one.....and continue to do so as the kids get older and grow up. Them having six kids and all adopted ACTUALLY is not strange behaviour for couples who can’t have children and choose to foster.

LPlossip

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,484 837 619
Alleybux
the stories these demons create are never realistic, we're supposed to believe some random person knew these two children were going to be outside, unsupervised and swooped them up without a sound? children that age yell and scream, no one heard anything?

kidnappings are very rare, 90% of these 'missing kid' stories its the parents or family that did it.

Soozun

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,782 1,248 319
Alleybux
Poor babies, I hope they will be found safe. And at Christmas. You know they were happy, excited. No one is happier for Christmas than little ones in this age bracket. Trying to imagine their fate any which way all seem so scary. Best case scenario some random childless couple took them or some granny with dementia (hopefully)...idk . It seems bad. I want to see a video of the parents.

Theyre so innocent at this age, God forbid something bad happened.

Last edited:

honey8271

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
193,984 1,833 850
Alleybux
This is heartbreaking. Who in their right minds would leave kids that age unsupervised? If the foster parents had anything to do with it I hope the book is thrown at them.

EbOnYdReAd

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
4,080 62 4
Alleybux
So, it was cold enough that Dad needed to gather firewood, but not too cold for the kids to go outside and play? Yeah, okay.

Clara Barton

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
182,181 10,698 4,211
Alleybux
She’s too relaxed. If she were covering for her husband she wouldn’t be. He looks like he’s attempting to comfort; hold himself together.

I foster animals. Am looking to foster children in the future. Most people who foster-than-adopt foster children ACTUALLY do adopt more than one.....and continue to do so as the kids get older and grow up. Them having six kids and all adopted ACTUALLY is not strange behaviour for couples who can’t have children and choose to foster.

I feel like there'd be more body language or interactions between the two if she weren't involved.

We all react differently, but she seems indifferent.

Sex Momma

Kiss My Grits
Reaction score
Reactions
22,723 1,037 1,107
Alleybux
I feel like there'd be more body language or interactions between the two if she weren't involved.

We all react differently, but she seems indifferent.
Just the opposite. When a couple has done harm to children they “come together” as a unified front for all the world to see. Their positions suggest if the kids are not found soon she gonna’ divorce him and he know it. Is possible the kids are keeping them together as a couple.

Frost

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
81,708 3,049 895
Alleybux
I hope the babies are found unharmed. If those two had anything to do withtheir disappearance, I hope they rot.

Soozun

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,782 1,248 319
Alleybux
I feel for the bio mother. :( I wonder what that backstory is. Reminds me of all the Hart siblings situation. :( Their mom was stripped of custody against her will as well.... she had drug addiction. :(
These little boys mom says she was trying to get them back. Though idk how thats possible if these little boys have already been officially adopted.

Last edited:

SageDew

Lighten up, it's just LSA
Reaction score
Reactions
9,987 141 23
Alleybux

Right!

Not only that, the article says they reported them missing around 8pm. At this time of year its already dark out by 5pm. So they out alone at night. smh

ebonyrose

Joining DULOVEMEDO for 6 month hiatus from LSA
Reaction score
Reactions
82,130 2,159 908
Alleybux
so sad

Mrs West reportedly told the boys to go and play outside with their father after she was busy wrapping presents. The boys were reported missing at around 8pm on Monday.
By 8pm it had already been dark for hours, what were they doing?

Soozun

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,782 1,248 319
Alleybux
Right!

Not only that, the article says they reported them missing around 8pm. At this time of year its already dark out by 5pm. So they out alone at night. smh
In the interview they say they went missing around 5 and that they searched for them only "minutes" and then called the cops....
So idk but thats what they said in the 14 minute interview I saw....if they waited THREE HOURS that makes me think they absolutely did something :(

TeaLurker84

Kunty T
Reaction score
Reactions
28,947 2,127 511
Alleybux
I lived in this city in 2003 when rent was $350 and not much has changed, only the addition of one traffic light. The only folks driving through here are residents. The houses are sitting on 10000 sqft lots. I say all of this to say that these kids weren't kidnapped, it's just highly improbable. You rarely hear of any crimes outside of domestic disturbances.

The husbands body language says he's guilty and the wife is exuding all kids of guilt/ fear.

ebonyrose

Joining DULOVEMEDO for 6 month hiatus from LSA
Reaction score
Reactions
82,130 2,159 908
Alleybux
I lived in this city in 2003 when rent was $350 and not much has changed, only the addition of one traffic light. The only folks driving through here are residents. The houses are sitting on 10000 sqft lots. I say all of this to say that these kids weren't kidnapped, it's just highly improbable. You rarely hear of any crimes outside of domestic disturbances.

The husbands body language says he's guilty and the wife is exuding all kids of guilt/ fear.
Yeah and the reporter said they k9's picked up the kids scent inside the house but not leaving the house. smh

2phat

Pro BW
Reaction score
Reactions
117,596 5,996 4,740
Alleybux
Those poor babies!!! I just know these parents did something...in any case, I hope they're found....

They look kinda young to adopt so many kids?

Soozun

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,782 1,248 319
Alleybux
Dad said that the older kids were on vacation, I think he said "with Grandma" so it was just the little boys at home ....

Lies, you have 6 kids and you left the YOUNGEST 2 play outside by themselves while you have the gate open?

You know good and well, most "good hearted" parents would MAKE an older sibling stay outside with the kids. And if the parent can't keep an eye on them they'll be inside.

I'll reserve the rest of my judgment until later. I really hope it's not what I'm thinking though.

Luna_Tic

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,277 10,628 827
Alleybux
The way the adoptive mom is trying to comfort herself by rocking from left to right and visibly agreeing ( nodding ) with her husband tells me that she's/they nervous and did something. Chris Watts all over again, same self soothing movements.

Starts doing it around 18 seconds in:

LaMobilier

SinfulStenchInTheNostrilsOfTheRighteous
Reaction score
Reactions
49,873 1,460 1,155
Alleybux
The fact that the cops felt it was a must to take their car tells me all I needed to know .
Yep if it’s a newer car there’s kind of like a black box in there and they’ll be able to tell how far they’ve driven each day. I bet you dollars to donuts that’s what they’re looking at.

Jessicaaaaa1

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,510 10
Alleybux
I've been following this case, it's very close to home.

Here's the latest update and some key points from the press conference with Cheif Jon Walker:

California City boys remain missing, no suspects identified, police chief says | KGET 17

Foul play is suspected

They are looking at surveillance videos from neighbors

No extensive evidence was found in the backyard

Other children are in protective custody

Orrin possibly had a fractured leg when he went missing

None of the neighbors have ever seen the kids

Canine didn’t pick up scent anywhere else, but in home

Cheif Jon Walker doesn't believe the kids are in the home

There are no suspects but people were questioned

A neighbor said a van (that looked like the parents) was seen a day before the kids went missing, coming from a certain direction. Cheif Jon Walker said he would look into it.

The family moved there in September. I've done my own research and they came from Bakersfield.