Quantcast

I’m so worried about being broke why is everything so expensive?

Audacity

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
174,585 9,396 5,720
Alleybux
This explains a lot. Look kid, get off LSA and get in the books. Study and go to college for a well paying major and stay away from black men and you’ll be financially successful.

All this good ass free advice im giving on this beautiful Sunday…

smokeurobinson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
80,188 14,077 15,609
Alleybux
stay away from black men and you’ll be financially successful.

Imagine 16 year old Beyonce listening to this nonsense.

4cc5db6b8527e793b04a675b314dcb58.gif

MissGurl777

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
22 1
Alleybux
That's capitalism and inflation for ya. If you're 16 now and don't have a job go run and get one, just don't work more then 24 hours a week (less if you find it hard to balance school).

In my country you have to be 16 to start working. As soon as I turned 16 I got a job at a grocery store, by the time I graduated 2 years later I had saved up 23k (at $14/hr) and had an average of 93% in school. I'm 18 turning 19 now and am majoring in Economic Data Science.

As long as you have self control, good spending habits, time management skills, major in something profitable, go to a school "in-state" or cheap, and don't fall into huge amount of credit card debt you will be fine.

I used to be worried just like you, but now that i'm older and have taken more responsibilities. I feel more optimistic. Just remember school always comes before work, if you feel overwhelmed and your grades are tanking don't be afraid to quit!!!

Covfefe

In the end, we win.
Reaction score
Reactions
373,926 25,005 3,031
Alleybux
That's capitalism and inflation for ya. If you're 16 now and don't have a job go run and get one, just don't work more then 24 hours a week (less if you find it hard to balance school).

In my country you have to be 16 to start working. As soon as I turned 16 I got a job at a grocery store, by the time I graduated 2 years later I had saved up 23k (at $14/hr) and had an average of 93% in school. I'm 18 turning 19 now and am majoring in Economic Data Science.

As long as you have self control, good spending habits, time management skills, major in something profitable, go to a school "in-state" or cheap, and don't fall into huge amount of credit card debt you will be fine.

I used to be worried just like you, but now that i'm older and have taken more responsibilities. I feel more optimistic. Just remember school always comes before work, if you feel overwhelmed and your grades are tanking don't be afraid to quit!!!

Aww, you're so good. You'll go far. I was too lazy to get a job at 16.

Lily Bart

Gilded Age Pillow Princess
Reaction score
Reactions
12,692 367 127
Alleybux
It makes me so worried right now, I feel like I won’t be able to pay for things as I grow older
That's just kinda how it is unless you have a lot of money saved to support you in any situation in addition to if multiple unfortunate events befall you. Cause even if you're secure in your career and have the recommended amount saved, that doesn't mean you could financially handle losing your job, your health, and like a natural disaster all at the same time. You've just got to do the best you can with your time and money and don't worry yourself to death. IDK what state you're in but I got my first job when I was 16, admittedly not out of need but for spending money and to get a car, but starting working early is a good way to get a big head start on your financials. If you have a secure home life then you'll be able to save everything you're paid without having to spend any so make sure to put it in like a high-yield savings account or invest it somehow since you're not planning to withdraw any of it. I'm no financial expert but you're lucky to have access to the wealth of information on the internet so learn as much as you can since American schooling doesn't GAF about developing children into successful, intelligent adults. You're still a teenager, don't stress yourself out now! You'll have plenty of time for that later lol

LovingonMe1

Princess
Reaction score
Reactions
122,806 11,648 3,650
Alleybux
This explains a lot. Look kid, get off LSA and get in the books. Study and go to college for a well paying major and stay away from black men and you’ll be financially successful.

All this good ass free advice im giving on this beautiful Sunday…

Sick of it. Like where is Condi

ElizaBorden

Your favorite athlete’s favorite Auntie
Reaction score
Reactions
13,861 310 115
Alleybux
Go to bed Queenie. We have a curfew for kids around here.