Quantcast

I am a failure and I’m feeling overwhelmed atm

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,688,961 494,880 222,832
Alleybux
I want to honestly just give up and be at eternal peace. I’m 24 soon to be 25, I’m about to graduate from university late summer and I’m stressed out because on top of my final year stress, I’m stressed out because I’m graduating with 0 work experience. I start volunteering at a charity on Monday and I’m applying for internships this summer to gain experience along with finally writing on my blog. I was also thinking of teaching abroad in Taiwan/Japan or anywhere else really to save money, travel whilst working on my writing. I would like to be a digital nomad but I don’t know where to start.

The reason why I haven’t got any experience is that I struggle with depression and having been struggle years now alongside new trauma. I’m currently struggling mentally, I’ve spoken to my GP, I’m on a waiting list for therapy. I’m struggling with this, university stress, dealing with the aftermath of being raped and feeling suicidal atm. I’m really afraid of working long hours for a low wage, I need to escape poverty. I’m just looking for any advice.

ThingsNStuff

Not a respecter of persons
Reaction score
Reactions
17,933 529 330
Alleybux
Keep persevering, love. Just keep getting up. These dark days of your youth will be replaced with peace that wisdom earned through life experience, and learning the lessons perseverance will teach you, will bring.

Sly Kitty

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
53,751 936 115
Alleybux
Please call the number below and talk to someone.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Hours: Available 24 hours. Languages: English, Spanish.
Learn more
800-273-8255

We always pressure ourselves more than we need to. Take it a day at a time :heart:

Noladebby

⚜️ Made in New Orleans ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
76,886 2,253 1,262
Alleybux
I’m applying for internships this summer to gain experience along with finally writing on my blog. I was also thinking of teaching abroad in Taiwan/Japan or anywhere else really to save money, travel whilst working on my writing
You're on the right track! I graduated with ZERO work experience as well. I went to a temp agency and that's how I entered the workplace. I never worked during school. Nothing to be in agony over. Everybody has to start somewhere.

You're young, college educated, and have so many options right now to explore. You should be excited about your future. Instead of fearing the worst, how about you hope and plan for the best? I hope you get a great internship and get to travel.

Good luck!

Shaylee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
27,930 1,304 697
Alleybux
Try to be gentle with yourself like you would a small child/best friend who has survived what you have.
You have great awareness of what's going on with you which shows how intelligent & sensitive you are, both gifts imho.
I am also a survivor & what's really helped me is groups - rape/ptsd etc groups because everyone there gets it - it's hard to understand if you haven't been through it. You can do it online through social media, email, or boards or in person/zoom.
Below is a link to a decent site with more information, referrals, etc:
SAMHSA’s National Helpline – 1-800-662-HELP (4357) | SAMHSA - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration

Sending you deep peace OP

colgatesmile

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,991 779 267
Alleybux
Please know whatever circumstance you are in, it is only temporary. You have a full life ahead of you that is only beginning.
I think once you get your mental health in check, an international assignment like teaching English could be a great experience that strengthens you leadership skills and adaptability.

I really dislike the pressure that young adults have these days to have work experience prior to graduation. I graduated with my masters with no work formal work or internship experience. I had to hustle in the first few years of my professional life, but it gave my more skills and experience to add to my resume.

Please get help.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Hours: Available 24 hours. Languages: English, Spanish.
Learn more
800-273-8255

3am

Sawltie
Reaction score
Reactions
206,120 4,581 2,070
Alleybux
What is your major?

Have you met with any of the staff at your university, like advisors or someone from career services department or something like that?

Practice self-compassion. I bet you know how to empathize with others, right? If a friend or loved one called themselves a failure... you probably wouldn’t agree, would you? Instead, you would probably acknowledge that they are not a failure nor a waste but someone who has made some mistakes and had certain opportunities ravaged by mental illness and trauma. Show yourself the kindness and understanding you would give to a friend.

I would try to incorporate deep breathing exercises, journaling, and meditation into your daily routine, preferably the morning.

Create a document on your computer or buy a physical notepad. Write down what you want your dream life to look like. Based on that, set goals you want to accomplish. Break that down further and see if you can establish daily/weekly/monthly tasks that will accumulate towards on big goal.

Hopefully you will be able to receive some therapy soon. Until then, try looking online for alternatives to in person therapy that suit you.

Also, I’m really sorry you were assaulted. No one deserves that. Please know that you are still worthy and you deserve happiness just as much as anyone else.

sweetfusion™

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
58,212 732 243
Alleybux
Sorry Op.

Well a lot of people dont graduate with job experience. This is what your first job is for. The fact that you are volunteering will help you with development of skills that can help you with your first job.

In terms of traveling abroad to save money, maybe you can try some organizations like The Peace Corps.

In terms of your trauma, your feelings are valid. You need to work on healing from your xesual assault. Some other resources you can try: Open Path (30-80 dollars individual therapy), Better Help, TalkSpace and Therapy for Black Girls. There are also some books you can read like

- The Courage To Heal book/workbook

- The Rape Recovery Handbook: Step by Step Guide for xesual Assault Survivors

- Boundaries by Henry Cloud

- Who Moved My Cheese? Spencer Johnson

- Out Of The Maze by Spencer Johnson

- How To Talk When Talking To Yourself by Shad H.

And others. Maybe look into joining a support group for xesual assault survivors. The organization
R.A.I.N.N has resources if you call and peer mentors/counselors.

You are not a failure. You are on your way out of poverty like you want to be. You are on the right path.