I am a Hebrew Israelite woman: AMA

Reactions
9,681 59 17
Alleybux
These people claim Judaism which is an abrahamic religion instead of traditional african religions like Candomble or Umbanda, that's why they are called ''white''.
That’s so strange. I thought white was European but you’re saying anything not traditionally African is white? Even if it comes out of Africa? Lol

Reactions
219 13 12
Alleybux
Why do you all align yourselves with whiteness (e.g, being the original Jewish people)? Which I get. The originals were black..I’ve heard and know the whole schtick..but the ones who rule the world now are white and why did most of you all vote for Donald Trump? The patriarchy within the community reminds me of any other white, male-dominant group.
I am not sure what you mean by align ourselves with whiteness. And even if its true that Jewish people rule the world I am confused on how that stops us from practicing our faith. Everyone I know is proudly black and did not vote for Donald Trump. What you said sounds like a generalization and possible sterotype. ( I say possible because I cannot speak for everybody.)
I do understand what you mean by the patriarchy. However I don't believe that it is because of religion specifically. I believe it is something that you can find almost everywhere . Due to culture and societal norms . As well as the character of a person . As for me I have not had any issues with that.

Reactions
219 13 12
Alleybux
Do you like having a different belief from most AA? I grew up with new-age teaching. Not too many AA share my religion. I like thinking differently from most people in general. How is your experience?
That is an interesting question. I wouldn't say I liked or disliked it. It just was. A fact of life.

Growing up I definitely knew that my religion was different. And it wasn't as wildly practiced. It was a normal childhood I would say. The most noticeable difference was eating. It was many a days that I just had peanut butter and jelly sandwich because the only thing on the menu was pork. Sometimes I missed out on school events because it would be on Friday night. Which is never fun as a kid. I wouldn't say that the experience was detrimental, but of course I wanted to go.

When I was younger, up until about 10 years old even with all these differences it was okay. Because I lived in a community with others like me. Once I moved that changed. But besides the occasional sadness about not being able to go to school event or being annoyed about lunch. I would say I had a pretty normal upbringing. the only awkward part would be trying to explain to other people what religion I was. it's only been in the past two years that I've seen more Hebrew Israelites. I don't know if it's because more people are coming into the faith. or it's easier to find them on the Internet.

If you don't mind what is New Age teaching?

Reactions
219 13 12
Alleybux
So you believe the transatlantic slave trade was made up ???
View attachment 2412687
Now this is one I've never heard before. But no. It's absolutely a real thing. I'm not sure if you're asking this to troll. Or if you met or talked to other Hebrew Israelites who doesn't believe that is a real thing. And had a genuine question. As far as I know the general belief is that the transatlantic slave trade was in the Bible.

The Lady said, "Go Home!"
Reactions
6,409 63 4
Alleybux
Do you interact with Black Jewish people who are not Israelites - Reform, Conservative or Orthodox - and if so what's that experience been like?

Reactions
47,906 2,326 5,195
Alleybux
From which of the 12 tribes are you from?
How did you( or your family) trace your ancestry to that tribe and what are the characteristics of that tribe?

Last edited:
Reactions
219 13 12
Alleybux
why are you apart of a group that has no respect for you as a Black woman.
Please be careful with the generalizations.
Also I was born and raised in this way of life. I don't believe that it's religion that causes people to disrespect black woman. I think it's the person spirit themselves. I could be Christian and be disrespected. Muslim, agnostic, even atheist. Luckily I have had no experience of being disrespected because I was a black woman. and non from any of the Hebrew Israelites that I knew personally or I have ever come in contact with. And nor do I feel that being in this faith disrespects me.

Reactions
219 13 12
Alleybux
What is a Hebrew Israelite? What are your core beliefs ?

Do you believe white people are not gods creation?
I would say a Hebrew Israelite is one that follows the Old Testament. I am not a Bible scholar but I believe it is an ethnic religion. Like you can follow the faith whatever your race but you can't be a Hebrew Israelite. Once again not a Bible scholar.

We follow the ten commandments. The holy days and all the laws in the Old Testament.

I believe all people are God's creation.

APTTMH, Son, & Holy Spirit.
Reactions
2,374 5 2
Alleybux
What do you think about Galatians 3:10-13?

ETA: If I may, suggest you read the entire Book of Hebrews?

Last edited:
winning
Reactions
59,743 1,869 1,188
Alleybux
Why yall yell at me that one time? All I was doing was minding my business walking down the street. Why'd yall have to curse me out?

And why are yall always going off on people in the streets? Like this:

Last edited:
Reactions
4,906 279 427
Alleybux
That is an interesting question. I wouldn't say I liked or disliked it. It just was. A fact of life.

Growing up I definitely knew that my religion was different. And it wasn't as wildly practiced. It was a normal childhood I would say. The most noticeable difference was eating. It was many a days that I just had peanut butter and jelly sandwich because the only thing on the menu was pork. Sometimes I missed out on school events because it would be on Friday night. Which is never fun as a kid. I wouldn't say that the experience was detrimental, but of course I wanted to go.

When I was younger, up until about 10 years old even with all these differences it was okay. Because I lived in a community with others like me. Once I moved that changed. But besides the occasional sadness about not being able to go to school event or being annoyed about lunch. I would say I had a pretty normal upbringing. the only awkward part would be trying to explain to other people what religion I was. it's only been in the past two years that I've seen more Hebrew Israelites. I don't know if it's because more people are coming into the faith. or it's easier to find them on the Internet.

If you don't mind what is New Age teaching?
Do people try to convert you to their religion?

Reactions
43,380 1,347 395
Alleybux
I have a middle eastern Jewish friend who swears that Black people are the true people and are Jewish. He said the Hebrew Israelites started off well intentioned but became corrupt over time.

I see some of you guys here in NYC. My coworkers mom is one. But she wasn't born into it. She converted a few years ago.

Reactions
9,681 59 17
Alleybux
Abramahic religions are african ? Oh lord, nevermind. You're right I'm wrong, we're done with this lol, have a good day.
Lol you’re being sarcastic but that’s okay. Say what you want but Abraham himself was not a white man ie he didn’t have white skin. Even historians will tell you that!

no bs
Reactions
122,465 2,199 306
Alleybux
Damn... there is a lot of hostility in this thread.

Anyway, OP, I wanted to know what similarities you guys have to mainstream Jewish teachings. What is your holy book? Do you guys do Passover, Hanukkah, etc? Is there a certain way to dress?

Reactions
219 13 12
Alleybux
Do you interact with Black Jewish people who are not Israelites - Reform, Conservative or Orthodox - and if so what's that experience been like?
I don't. As far as I know I have never met a black Jew. I imagine the experience would be like meeting anybody else. If that were to happen I would probably avoid talks about religion. Unless we became close friends or were in a relationship.

Reactions
219 13 12
Alleybux
Interesting thread, OP! I’m not sure if it’s been asked already but how do you feel about a husband having multiple wives?
Thank you!
This question made me laugh a little bit. I don't think there's anything wrong with a husband having multiple wives. As long as they can provide for them like the Bible says. On a personal level I feel like providing for them means both financial and emotional. (AKA men should not use this as a way to sleep with multiple woman)
As for me myself. My opinion changes day by day. Some days I entertain the thought of being the first wife and having another sister wife. And some days it's an absolutely no to my husband ever taking another wife.

Reactions
219 13 12
Alleybux
What do you think about Galatians 3:10-13?

ETA: If I may, suggest you read the entire Book of Hebrews?
I'm not 100% sure what the verse means. To me it looks like it says if you don't follow the law completely you will be cursed? With that said I am a Hebrew Israelite so I follow the Old Testament. And the teachings out of the Old Testament.

The Culture

Ask LSA

General Alley

Recent Posts

• Poll
Meghan Markle unpopular opinions thread pt 2
Did I miss this somehow? I'm so far behind on this thread... from Daily Mail
Neffi Walker
Please tell me someone saw the story or post a few days back where she indicated her store employees would get paid maternity/paternity and sick...
Ben Affleck throws drink at paps after asked about JLo!
Once he sent her that video, she could have matched with him again. She's 29 and doesn't seem to really care about getting to spend time with him...
Caitlyn Jenner said that her friends are fleeing California because of growing homeless population !
of course rich people would look at the homeless and think they’re diseased and need to be ostracized from society. rich people can’t be bothered...
What is Kevin Samuels on? Who listens to this dating "advice"?
This dude right here is OBSSESED with princess kevin. He makes video after video reacting to his content
Neighbors 5 Aggressive Dogs
Stun gun yes. Also, cayenne pepper can repell dogs. Some hardware stores sell bags of dog repellents, which I think is a mixture of non toxic...
Different Phenotypes In Africa Diaspora
The African continent from East to West to South has different looks . I Dont know why people keep perpetuating the myth that we all look the...
Ariana Fletcher aka @therealkylesister & Associates Discussion Thread
Y’all better not touch my allybux I am trying to get a BIRKIN this month for my birthday don’t be stealing my buxs lol
Mars in the 12th and moon in the 8th house in synastry.Any experiences ?!
How do we figure all of this information out Living it mostly, but a great sight that explains a lot is Astro Matrix https://astromatrix.org/...
Broke boy summer? Chet hanks begging the gworls for money!
I have a feeling this has worked for him before. I hope black women clown him so bad that he deactivates his social media LMFAO That’s what I...
Top Bottom