Quantcast

I am a Hebrew Israelite woman: AMA

Loeny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
84,768 6,962 11,545
Alleybux
From which of the 12 tribes are you from?
How did you( or your family) trace your ancestry to that tribe and what are the characteristics of that tribe?

Last edited:

AnonQueen

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
316 25 12
Alleybux
why are you apart of a group that has no respect for you as a Black woman.
Please be careful with the generalizations.
Also I was born and raised in this way of life. I don't believe that it's religion that causes people to disrespect black woman. I think it's the person spirit themselves. I could be Christian and be disrespected. Muslim, agnostic, even atheist. Luckily I have had no experience of being disrespected because I was a black woman. and non from any of the Hebrew Israelites that I knew personally or I have ever come in contact with. And nor do I feel that being in this faith disrespects me.

AnonQueen

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
316 25 12
Alleybux
What is a Hebrew Israelite? What are your core beliefs ?

Do you believe white people are not gods creation?
I would say a Hebrew Israelite is one that follows the Old Testament. I am not a Bible scholar but I believe it is an ethnic religion. Like you can follow the faith whatever your race but you can't be a Hebrew Israelite. Once again not a Bible scholar.

We follow the ten commandments. The holy days and all the laws in the Old Testament.

I believe all people are God's creation.

Reaction score
Reactions
7,800 67 16
Alleybux
Interesting thread, OP! I’m not sure if it’s been asked already but how do you feel about a husband having multiple wives?

Truth101_

APTTMH, Son, & Holy Spirit.
Reaction score
Reactions
4,894 87 24
Alleybux
What do you think about Galatians 3:10-13?

ETA: If I may, suggest you read the entire Book of Hebrews?

Last edited:

blacjac

winning
Reaction score
Reactions
81,243 3,012 1,542
Alleybux
Why yall yell at me that one time? All I was doing was minding my business walking down the street. Why'd yall have to curse me out?

And why are yall always going off on people in the streets? Like this:

Last edited:

Wolverine

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,350 1,169 1,437
Alleybux
I use the term "New Age" to describe a religion that's outside the major religions like Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc.

Wolverine

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,350 1,169 1,437
Alleybux
That is an interesting question. I wouldn't say I liked or disliked it. It just was. A fact of life.

Growing up I definitely knew that my religion was different. And it wasn't as wildly practiced. It was a normal childhood I would say. The most noticeable difference was eating. It was many a days that I just had peanut butter and jelly sandwich because the only thing on the menu was pork. Sometimes I missed out on school events because it would be on Friday night. Which is never fun as a kid. I wouldn't say that the experience was detrimental, but of course I wanted to go.

When I was younger, up until about 10 years old even with all these differences it was okay. Because I lived in a community with others like me. Once I moved that changed. But besides the occasional sadness about not being able to go to school event or being annoyed about lunch. I would say I had a pretty normal upbringing. the only awkward part would be trying to explain to other people what religion I was. it's only been in the past two years that I've seen more Hebrew Israelites. I don't know if it's because more people are coming into the faith. or it's easier to find them on the Internet.

If you don't mind what is New Age teaching?
Do people try to convert you to their religion?

Ilykeggs

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
88,675 3,273 684
Alleybux
I have a middle eastern Jewish friend who swears that Black people are the true people and are Jewish. He said the Hebrew Israelites started off well intentioned but became corrupt over time.

I see some of you guys here in NYC. My coworkers mom is one. But she wasn't born into it. She converted a few years ago.

Icantdelete

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,857 989 335
Alleybux
Abramahic religions are african ? Oh lord, nevermind. You're right I'm wrong, we're done with this lol, have a good day.
Lol you’re being sarcastic but that’s okay. Say what you want but Abraham himself was not a white man ie he didn’t have white skin. Even historians will tell you that!

D O U X

libra's groove
Reaction score
Reactions
127,117 2,491 333
Alleybux
Damn... there is a lot of hostility in this thread.

Anyway, OP, I wanted to know what similarities you guys have to mainstream Jewish teachings. What is your holy book? Do you guys do Passover, Hanukkah, etc? Is there a certain way to dress?

AnonQueen

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
316 25 12
Alleybux
Do you interact with Black Jewish people who are not Israelites - Reform, Conservative or Orthodox - and if so what's that experience been like?
I don't. As far as I know I have never met a black Jew. I imagine the experience would be like meeting anybody else. If that were to happen I would probably avoid talks about religion. Unless we became close friends or were in a relationship.

AnonQueen

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
316 25 12
Alleybux
Interesting thread, OP! I’m not sure if it’s been asked already but how do you feel about a husband having multiple wives?
Thank you!
This question made me laugh a little bit. I don't think there's anything wrong with a husband having multiple wives. As long as they can provide for them like the Bible says. On a personal level I feel like providing for them means both financial and emotional. (AKA men should not use this as a way to sleep with multiple woman)
As for me myself. My opinion changes day by day. Some days I entertain the thought of being the first wife and having another sister wife. And some days it's an absolutely no to my husband ever taking another wife.

AnonQueen

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
316 25 12
Alleybux
What do you think about Galatians 3:10-13?

ETA: If I may, suggest you read the entire Book of Hebrews?
I'm not 100% sure what the verse means. To me it looks like it says if you don't follow the law completely you will be cursed? With that said I am a Hebrew Israelite so I follow the Old Testament. And the teachings out of the Old Testament.

AnonQueen

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
316 25 12
Alleybux
Why yall yell at me that one time? All I was doing was minding my business walking down the street. Why'd yall have to curse me out?

And here is one of the reasons I created this thread in the first place. I would like to apologize. Unfortunately they are giving us all a very bad reputation. They do not speak for the entire community. Those people in those videos I would say are the radicals. Hotep like. On a personal level I think they do that because.....nvm

Once again I apologize on behalf of their foolishness. When y'all come across videos like these I just wish that you guys remember that they don't speak for us all. But negativity always brings the most attention.

AnonQueen

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
316 25 12
Alleybux
From which of the 12 tribes are you from?
How did you( or your family) trace your ancestry to that tribe and what are the characteristics of that tribe?
Before I answer this I just want to say I am not a Bible scholar. However if I remember correctly the tribes are based on where the people ended up in the slave trade. I think, like I said I am not a Bible scholar and I definitely do not open the Bible everyday. For example they trace where the tribes originally settled. The migration routes if any. And where they were captured from. Once again not a Bible scholar this is purely from memory.

On a personal level my father said that we were from the tribe of Judah. Not to make anything sad but I can't ask him how he did that because unfortunately he passed away.

Now for the characteristics I was always told the tribe of Judah was a tribe of warriors. I don't remember all of them but that always stuck out to me as a child. (You making me go deep into my memory)

Wolverine

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,350 1,169 1,437
Alleybux
Thanks for this thread OP. I have so many questions now, lol. Why don't you all follow the new testament? Is America the promised land that was promised to Abraham? Do you all believe in the coming of a messiah?

It seems to me your religion ends and starts with the book of Exodus? I'm I wrong with my interpretation?

LaLumiere

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
6,229 314 160
Alleybux
Before I answer this I just want to say I am not a Bible scholar. However if I remember correctly the tribes are based on where the people ended up in the slave trade. I think, like I said I am not a Bible scholar and I definitely do not open the Bible everyday. For example they trace where the tribes originally settled. The migration routes if any. And where they were captured from. Once again not a Bible scholar this is purely from memory.

On a personal level my father said that we were from the tribe of Judah. Not to make anything sad but I can't ask him how he did that because unfortunately he passed away.

Now for the characteristics I was always told the tribe of Judah was a tribe of warriors. I don't remember all of them but that always stuck out to me as a child. (You making me go deep into my memory)
How can you not read and understand the book that your religion is based on ?

LaLumiere

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
6,229 314 160
Alleybux
I'm not 100% sure what the verse means. To me it looks like it says if you don't follow the law completely you will be cursed? With that said I am a Hebrew Israelite so I follow the Old Testament. And the teachings out of the Old Testament.
That's not what it means, the verse say that thanks to Jesus sacrifice we are delivered from the Law's curse, Jesus became a curse in our place..To understand what that curse is just read chap 3 from the beginning.

Highclass

Chosen
Reaction score
Reactions
8,404 1,221 327
Alleybux
What are your thoughts on the Hebrew Awakening? From what I understand they differ from you because they are mostly Christians who believe Jesus was born of a virgin but you as a Hebrew Israelite do not believe Jesus was born of a virgin correct?

Archeo

Love and Light
Reaction score
Reactions
3,125 48 5
Alleybux
Have you ever gone to Dimona? If not do you know anyone who has? What are your thoughts on the village there in general?

Missnova

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,910 154 101
Alleybux
I think this is in the right place.

Just from scrolling on various sites I have seen very interesting takes on Hebrew Israelites.
I was born and raised in this faith. And my immediate family are Hebrew Israelites as well. I just created this thread in case you guys had any general questions.
You claim to be jew but do a actual jews (white and white adjacents) claim you?

tgm06

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,068 121 12
Alleybux

oh my....i did not know about these happenings. ill be on my way, out of this thread now:emoji_prince:

avocadofresh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,263 664 704
Alleybux
Do you believe Spanish people and Italian people are black ?
Do you believe a black man and a white woman can create black children ?

Please dont dodge my questions this time.

AnonQueen

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
316 25 12
Alleybux
Damn... there is a lot of hostility in this thread.

Anyway, OP, I wanted to know what similarities you guys have to mainstream Jewish teachings. What is your holy book? Do you guys do Passover, Hanukkah, etc? Is there a certain way to dress?
There is some hostility. I'm not letting it bother me.

It might be easier to list the differences that I know. We follow basically the same calendar. We don't observe Hanukkah though.
I know some Orthodox Jews might wear their hair a certain way. We don't do that. Also I don't know how common it is but when I was younger I went to a synagogue. After some point they're used to pass around the Torah some people would touch it. We don't do that either.
We follow all the books in the Old Testament. From Genesis to the Book of Malachi. You might hear people refer to the Torah. Which is in the Old Testament. It's just the five main books. Genesis through Deuteronomy. Although it can be used interchangeably to mean all of the Old Testament.

As far as dress code I think modest would be the best way to dress. For example if you're in this way of life a woman would be more likely to wear a long skirt then a mini skirt. I have never heard of anything specified. And people usually dress how they want. I certainly had no dress code implemented on me. I was just made to dress my age.

AnonQueen

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
316 25 12
Alleybux
Are the men chauvinistic?
Can you wear lipstick?
Are the men ex cons?
-no
-yes (many of the women I saw and see growing up did and do)
-No. Some are (small) business owners. Or they have nice jobs.
I don't think I've ever met an ex con
I would say that this is a stereotype

AnonQueen

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
316 25 12
Alleybux
What would happen if you abandoned your faith?
Jokes. Lots of jokes
But to be very serious. We might talk as a family. They would ask me a bunch of questions as to why I decided to abandon my faith. After that I would still be invited to all the family events. I would still be welcome in any of my relatives home. The only expectation of me would be for me to respect their faith and how they run their house. For example if I did abandon this faith. And I decide to eat pork every day of my life I can do that. But my family would expect me not to bring pork inside their homes. And I would get a lot of jokes.

AnonQueen

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
316 25 12
Alleybux
Do you or anyone in your family practice polygamy?
No. I have a sibling who said that they would be open to it if it was the right person.

I do know a couple of people who practice polygamy. They are all in the older generation. Like grandparents and uncles generation.