Quantcast

I Am Athlete Podcast Official Thread

Trvpqueen

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,048 196 6
Alleybux
I’m worth more alive than I am dead before I leave I’m swiping the last dollar on the credit card.. Deion is hilarious

Brandon looks like he's losing weight
1622515906850.gif

yourstruly1

Ketanji is GOALS!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
226,780 6,745 3,209
Alleybux
Deion’s sons with Pilar are very handsome.

I would have thought Tracy and baby face sons would have been cuter, they look super goofy. Lol

I’m guessing the guys will
Come back in August with new episodes. Wonder if they ladies have worked out their kinks and will be back too.

they always show chef nancie so much love. I love to see it! They treat her sooo well and not like the help.

Last edited:

yourstruly1

Ketanji is GOALS!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
226,780 6,745 3,209
Alleybux
He was talking about what he was doing at the time, and it sounds like he was describing his first marriage. And I agree, I do think he did Pilar wrong. It sounds like he wanted a trophy wife and discounted the meaning of true love for image. With time, he came to the realization that he wanted more and/or he began to see things through the lens of his partner. A lot of men do this, and often times, it's too late. I still side eye why him and Tracey are still playing house though. lol

I think you hit on something with men and their choice of spouse as they age. The woman the men pick in their 20’s is very different the women they pick at 40+. Chad would have never given sharell play when he was 28, but she is perfect for for him and has her own. I don’t think the men appreciate an independent woman until they have been with the pretty do nothing types. Kanye said something along the lines with Kim, he said she beautiful and can buy me a Ferrari. Like he realized he could get a woman who was successful and pretty.

Tracey is a lot of things, but she is a hustler and successful in her own right. I wonder if they will ever marry and make it official or if they are both over the whole marriage thing.

Last edited:

yourstruly1

Ketanji is GOALS!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
226,780 6,745 3,209
Alleybux
How y’all think they split the podcast ownership up?

you think it’s a 25% split amongst all the guys? Or do you think Brandon has a bigger piece because it’s attached to house of athlete?

Brandon doesn’t seem selfish, always willing to share the platform. so I think he just split it equally.

Last edited:

Runawaylove

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,272 55
Alleybux
Deion’s sons with Pilar are very handsome.

I would have thought Tracy and baby face sons would have been cuter, they look super goofy. Lol

I’m guessing the guys will
Come back in August with new episodes. Wonder if they ladies have worked out their kinks and will be back too.

they always show chef nancie so much love. I love to see it! They treat her sooo well and not like the help.
They are very handsome and you can tell they love the fact they Deion boys lol. One of them plays cornerback like Deion I watch a few clips on ig. He wanna be his dad sooo bad it’s so cute to see. They have their father physique for the most part so they will go far. They lucked up big time

Paradiseplay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
120,481 4,003 2,418
Alleybux
Fred is damaged goods athlete men when they retire they have a whole.lot of sh!t to deal with like debt,pain,addiction,commitment issues backed child support alimony etc. You are 1 lucky man if you leave the game just how you came in

Black athlete men in particular treat the solid black women like sh!t in their prime but expect her to show up when he washed up & figuring life out after the league that sh!t aint right they be wanting the yt or Spanish ones or somebody that aint black but they realize them females dont understand them underneath it all, greedy superficial & sometimes they dont click culturally like this football player he super Jamaican but was wit a white girl homegirl looked so lost & out of place at a family get together some interracial situations do work out but most of the time it be some bµllsh!t

Paradiseplay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
120,481 4,003 2,418
Alleybux
Anybody wit sense know that deion was pilar becuz she mixed n got "good hair" he could hop around it all he want like alot of them athletes . Its only when you get cut,injured or retired celebs stop inviting you events or no more espys you find out if she really into you or the lifestyle. Theres this nba player pushin 40 that dont wanna retire even though he only played 1 game last season the gon end up cutting his ass word on the street is that he dont wanna be at home & his wife is mixed too of you have a solid marriage rooted in real sh!t retirement shouldnt be a big deal how you bout 2b 41 not getting any court time but refuse to hang it up

lovewest

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
40,597 875 580
Alleybux
@Pinkpink305 this is a podcast thread. Y’all can we please have a thread on LSA that doesn’t turn into race relations/ Black women vs Black men like damn. You’re literally projecting nonsense on to people you don’t know.
1622570768001.gif

Kanethia

Cornrow Clique
Reaction score
Reactions
421,962 13,097 1,901
Alleybux
This episode with Deion is their best episode to date....the energy was just really great and that's because of the OG energy that Deion exudes.

I understand the whole HBCU vs PWI debate both with athletics and academics. Neither Channing or Deion are wrong with their stances. The thing that limits HBCUs the most is finances. Black people graduate from their HBCUs, become successful and don't give back. PWIs excel because of the money from their alumni and that's where HBCUs fall short.

Chef Nancie is a whole baddie and Fred was giving her bedroom eyes when she dropped off their meals. If I had any doubt that her and Fred have/had something going on this episode washed those doubts away.

The common denominator whenever they discuss women/marriage is that they are selfish. Plain and simple....they take so much and never give and it begins to affect their relationships. These men never dive deeper than the surface level of the women that they are with.

Hearing Deion talk about his suicide attempt was so sad. And I'm glad he was able to overcome that moment and those emotions to be where he is today. He is a really wise man and dropped a lot of gems within that episode.

Runawaylove

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,272 55
Alleybux
That’s a valid point. Yea I don’t see him being selfish at all. It’s a business so I’m sure they have it divided up some way cause at the end of the day this all falls under Brandon’s brand! He still the machine behind this.
How y’all think they split the podcast ownership up?

you think it’s a 25% split amongst all the guys? Or do you think Brandon has a bigger piece because it’s attached to house of athlete?

Brandon doesn’t seem selfish, always willing to share the platform. so I think he just split it equally.

Trvpqueen

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,048 196 6
Alleybux
Brandon probably has a way bigger split! But it’s his brand and idea so I wouldn’t blame him. Truly a visionary/optimistic about a lot of things and I like that about him. You have to get used to his personality but he seems like he is a kind person just has his own issues he’s dealing with.

Brandon is glowing and he looks like he’s slimming down a lil. Black and white clothes look really good on him. I’m happy he stopped wearing all them tragic fashions.

I want them to come back and play football mixed in with some young players. They always yelling that they still got it. I want to see something.

CrazyLittlePlanet

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
31,161 450 64
Alleybux
Do you guys have a least favorite episode (not counting the NASCAR ones)?

Mine is the one with Mike Vick, but I've never liked him much so anything they did with I wasn't gonna enjoy

flawlessnbrown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,144 842 122
Alleybux
I LOVED this episode. I grew up in the 90s and I’ve always appreciated what Primetime bought to the game. That man had swag for days and was a dog on that field. Deion really walked so Ocho could run. It was fun seeing them talk that Florida talk. Deion was serious when he moved them tables. One thing about Florida ppl is we gon talk that talk and “bike” it up!

As an HBCU grad, I was proud to see Deion articulate why HBCU sports are just as important. Deion really opened the floor to address some of the HBCU stereotypes. I can tell he really wants to be the conduit for change. He wrapped up the convo with a nice little bow when he said, “These white schools didn’t always have the best football programs...we had to come through and build them to be what they are today” Big facts. I truly believe the same can be done for HBCU programs. Build up the programs and the money and scouts won’t have a choice but to come. Stop making these PWI wealthy off the backs of these black athletes. I’m looking forward to his documentary showcasing HBCUS.

Also Channing kinda pissed me off with the UF talk. I get what he was saying but his mentality is the reason why PWIs be winning. Like dude...some notable NFLers went to HBCUS (Michael Strahan and Jerry Rice) he wants the glitz and glam and it’s not about that. Even Brandon’s extra ass seemed committed to urging his nephews and son to take the HBCU route. I think they should do an HBCU tour next season. That would lead to even more exposure.

Trvpqueen

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,048 196 6
Alleybux
I LOVED this episode. I grew up in the 90s and I’ve always appreciated what Primetime bought to the game. That man had swag for days and was a dog on that field. Deion really walked so Ocho could run. It was fun seeing them talk that Florida talk. Deion was serious when he moved them tables. One thing about Florida ppl is we gon talk that talk and “bike” it up!

As an HBCU grad, I was proud to see Deion articulate why HBCU sports are just as important. Deion really opened the floor to address some of the HBCU stereotypes. I can tell he really wants to be the conduit for change. He wrapped up the convo with a nice little bow when he said, “These white schools didn’t always have the best football programs...we had to come through and build them to be what they are today” Big facts. I truly believe the same can be done for HBCU programs. Build up the programs and the money and scouts won’t have a choice but to come. Stop making these PWI wealthy off the backs of these black athletes. I’m looking forward to his documentary showcasing HBCUS.

Also Channing kinda pissed me off with the UF talk. I get what he was saying but his mentality is the reason why PWIs be winning. Like dude...some notable NFLers went to HBCUS (Michael Strahan and Jerry Rice) he wants the glitz and glam and it’s not about that. Even Brandon’s extra ass seemed committed to urging his nephews and son to take the HBCU route. I think they should do an HBCU tour next season. That would lead to even more exposure.

Channing is half white... I don’t see him choosing black institutions (lacking in amenities) over white ones. I understand what he’s saying 100% I went to an hbcu so I get it both sides of the argument.

Trvpqueen

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,048 196 6
Alleybux
Do you guys have a least favorite episode (not counting the NASCAR ones)?

Mine is the one with Mike Vick, but I've never liked him much so anything they did with I wasn't gonna enjoy
Umm that’s a good question. Honestly all the shows before Chad got there. Reggie or whatever his name didn’t add much to the show, the ones with Ese (I think she’s extremely intelligent but not good for this show), the episode with Metcalf and Justin, the one with the two female soccer players and their vegan show. Should’ve just gave Nancie her own segment and let her do some vegan episodes.

Dstea

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,917 425 70
Alleybux
Brandon needs to relax!!!! He posted the manscape kit on his story and now just posted a video of hair in the shower! I wanna puke!!! Thats so unnecessary and disgusting!

Runawaylove

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,272 55
Alleybux
Brandon needs to relax!!!! He posted the manscape kit on his story and now just posted a video of hair in the shower! I wanna puke!!! Thats so unnecessary and disgusting!
Lmao I just saw that too first it was the kit then it was the hair! I’m like huh?!!! Yea he really in love with Michi right now lmao

yourstruly1

Ketanji is GOALS!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
226,780 6,745 3,209
Alleybux

lol. Brandon fine af to me and can do whatever he want. But I’m biased. Lol

honestly, I’m tired of the manscape sh*t, I like my men to have some hair on them. Dudes be watching too much p*rn. They be wanting to be smooth all over like a woman. No thanks! I like hair on my men.

Dstea

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,917 425 70
Alleybux
lol. Brandon fine af to me and can do whatever he want. But I’m biased. Lol

honestly, I’m tired of the manscape sh*t, I like my men to have some hair on them. Dudes be watching too much p*rn. They be wanting to be smooth all over like a woman. No thanks! I like hair on my men.
He definitely is fine as hell but I don't want to see his freshly shaven pubes in the shower. Yuck!!!! Manscape better be paying well.

flawlessnbrown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,144 842 122
Alleybux
Channing is half white... I don’t see him choosing black institutions (lacking in amenities) over white ones. I understand what he’s saying 100% I went to an hbcu so I get it both sides of the argument.
Lol! I was really trying to keep it cute but your opened the door. I like Channing and all but I picked up on some of his lil slick comments. “We all got bad light skins” “I’m light skin... I automatically look better than you”

He’s claims he be riding with the black community but when those conversations get bought up that half white comes out so strong. His allegiance will always be with his white mother. Sorry not sorry.

SerfBort

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
9,655 385 463
Alleybux
Amazing episode from start to finish. And B. Marsh in those leather pants??! Baayybbeee I was beside myself when he was standing with Deion turned to the side with the booty just sitting. God made that man physically perfect WHEW!

Trvpqueen

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,048 196 6
Alleybux
Lol! I was really trying to keep it cute but your opened the door. I like Channing and all but I picked up on some of his lil slick comments. “We all got bad light skins” “I’m light skin... I automatically look better than you”

He’s claims he be riding with the black community but when those conversations get bought up that half white comes out so strong. His allegiance will always be with his white mother. Sorry not sorry.
I always side eye him when he says he looks better because he’s light skin. Umm sir... This me every time he would say it
1622672848646.gif

yourstruly1

Ketanji is GOALS!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
226,780 6,745 3,209
Alleybux
I always side eye him when he says he looks better because he’s light skin. Umm sir... This me every time he would say it
View attachment 2600422
Chile...he said that one time and I was in my head like "you not holding a candle to the other men on the panel". Like....NO MA'AM.

right Channing is the least cute guy there. My ranking is

Brandon
Fred/chad (they tied)
Channing

I do think Channing is smarter than the rest of the guys tho. Lol. But as far as looks are concerned he ain’t got sh!t in Brandon.

SipsTea123

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,195 43 4
Alleybux
Y’all…. I had a dream about Brandon last night.…….But I’m in the Fredhive. Lawdddddd, I rebuke it!

Hoopz23

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
549 65 23
Alleybux
Y’all…. I had a dream about Brandon last night.…….But I’m in the Fredhive. Lawdddddd, I rebuke it!

Chile, me and you both! That mfin Fred! Baby! He deflee that dude and he killing ALL OF THEM IN LOOKS! ALL FACTS! Yelp, I said it! I just want to just, just, whew. Lawwwwd hammercy. That man. That man. That man. All I need is one night and I'm good!

Kanethia

Cornrow Clique
Reaction score
Reactions
421,962 13,097 1,901
Alleybux
They got Chef Nancie on Girls Go Veg so I'll be watching this episode. Someone must be reading this thread....

BigLolaFalana

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,009 1,688 848
Alleybux

I feel like Channing really doesn’t get it and the missing piece to the conversation is why HBCUs were created in the 1st place. Giving him a little history really could have broadened his perspective & helped his yt side out a lil.

Fabulous50

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
248 8
Alleybux
I feel like Channing really doesn’t get it and the missing piece to the conversation is why HBCUs were created in the 1st place. Giving him a little history really could have broadened his perspective & helped his yt side out a lil.
Some friends and I were having this discussion. "Can a white mom teach her mixed child (black) their black Culture and History?"
Listening to Channing, I'm going with NO
Again, just my opinion