Quantcast

I am really done this time.

ChihulyGlass

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,600 1,464 715
Alleybux
I don't have much time. I have to leave for work. I just wanted to start a thread about leaving my school, in search of another district or profession. It is not Covid-19 that is wearing on my soul. I liked working from home, it gave me a needed break. Aside from the majority of students at my school not participating in online learning, it wasn't a bad experience. The kids who came to learn were excellent. The children who had issues gave me a better understanding of extending grace. I passed everyone. Even if they didn't deserve it.

No, what weighs on my heart is the disrespect from the kids, lack of support, and just all-around bad luck. When I began my teaching journey in high school, I was given a lot of encouragement from my colleagues. Even my former Principal. I started off in a room literally about the size of a master bedroom, little supplies, and the kids gave me hell. They were not used to structure. My peers said I did a good job because despite getting a lot of nasty pushback from the children, I kept them in order. We even managed to win competitions and get some nice things done. Apparently, the kids were out of control, in that particular class before I started.

Sadly, despite the good feedback I still had problems from a group, that harassed me to the point of tears. They would literally wait outside my door, or the school for me. They even broke into my room. There is more, but it's a story for another time. I was told to call the police. I never did.

But that has been the trajectory of my career, disrespect on another level, Now I am starting to feel it from the Administration, we have changed Administration at least three times, from APs to Principals. Two women APs are giving me hell or trying to. Now they're blocking money from being put into my program. To make things worse, I am getting recertified in a few months, you have to have so many hours for recertification. The woman who is over our department at the Board will not do what is necessary for me to claim my points.

One thing they're not going to take away from me is my certification. I worked very hard on my Masters/Certificate.

We use to win awards, we don't anymore. I just feel like every positive thing I try to do at that school is blocked. My kids have been on News three times, but somehow other teachers and entities end up taking credit. If you are a teacher, people taking credit for your kids work is bad, because you always have to look as if you're doing something, winning awards, passing tests, trying new techniques.

I feel like they're trying to shut my program down and run me off. Perhaps I should leave. I don't feel like the kids appreciate the program, and apparently, the teachers don't either.

If I have typos, I will be back to change them.

420Zelle

Beautifully me. Accept it or move on.
Reaction score
Reactions
340,336 5,289 850
Alleybux
Know that you did your best. Do whatever you deem necessary to not only continue to be safe, sane, and healthy but happy.

Best of luck to you and thank you for trying. Your students will remember that.

Overnight Celeb

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
231,869 3,656 610
Alleybux
Always choose yourself. There is nothing wrong with pivoting.

With parents looking for alternatives to classrooms, you may be able to start an independent co-op teaching program for well-behaved students with supportive parents.

Good luck!

honey8271

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
193,972 1,833 850
Alleybux
You have been doing your best and there is nothing wrong with moving on. Be proud of what you did and were able to accomplish in spite of the obstacles.

QueenKitty

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,392 3,225 469
Alleybux
I don't have much time. I have to leave for work. I just wanted to start a thread about leaving my school, in search of another district or profession. It is not Covid-19 that is wearing on my soul. I liked working from home, it gave me a needed break. Aside from the majority of students at my school not participating in online learning, it wasn't a bad experience. The kids who came to learn were excellent. The children who had issues gave me a better understanding of extending grace. I passed everyone. Even if they didn't deserve it.

No, what weighs on my heart is the disrespect from the kids, lack of support, and just all-around bad luck. When I began my teaching journey in high school, I was given a lot of encouragement from my colleagues. Even my former Principal. I started off in a room literally about the size of a master bedroom, little supplies, and the kids gave me hell. They were not used to structure. My peers said I did a good job because despite getting a lot of nasty pushback from the children, I kept them in order. We even managed to win competitions and get some nice things done. Apparently, the kids were out of control, in that particular class before I started.

Sadly, despite the good feedback I still had problems from a group, that harassed me to the point of tears. They would literally wait outside my door, or the school for me. They even broke into my room. There is more, but it's a story for another time. I was told to call the police. I never did.

But that has been the trajectory of my career, disrespect on another level, Now I am starting to feel it from the Administration, we have changed Administration at least three times, from APs to Principals. Two women APs are giving me hell or trying to. Now they're blocking money from being put into my program. To make things worse, I am getting recertified in a few months, you have to have so many hours for recertification. The woman who is over our department at the Board will not do what is necessary for me to claim my points.

One thing they're not going to take away from me is my certification. I worked very hard on my Masters/Certificate.

We use to win awards, we don't anymore. I just feel like every positive thing I try to do at that school is blocked. My kids have been on News three times, but somehow other teachers and entities end up taking credit. If you are a teacher, people taking credit for your kids work is bad, because you always have to look as if you're doing something, winning awards, passing tests, trying new techniques.

I feel like they're trying to shut my program down and run me off. Perhaps I should leave. I don't feel like the kids appreciate the program, and apparently, the teachers don't either.

If I have typos, I will be back to change them.
God is redirecting you. Life is way too short to be unappreciated at some job. I’ll pray for you. Good luck with your job search and please have faith God is working FOR you.

ChihulyGlass

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,600 1,464 715
Alleybux
God is redirecting you. Life is way too short to be unappreciated at some job. I’ll pray for you. Good luck with your job search and please have faith God is working FOR you.

I am happy you said that. I hope God is redirecting. That is the thing, I wasn't sure if God was telling me to find another job, or thug it out. I feel sad leaving because I'm not sure what else I want to do.

QueenKitty

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,392 3,225 469
Alleybux
I am happy you said that. I hope God is redirecting. That is the thing, I wasn't sure if God was telling me to find another job, or thug it out. I feel sad leaving because I'm not sure what else I want to do.
I was in a really terrible job and felt exactly like you do. I used to say that if a guy treated me like my boss, I’d have dumped him and blocked him years ago. Still, I stayed hoping it would get better. It never did, got progressively worse and I eventually quit. It was the best decision of my life and everything has worked out even though I was terrified when I quit. Shaking terrified. It’s been stressful at times, but not the same stress as dealing with bad bosses and coworkers. It sounds like you’re done with this job subconsciously, or you’re close. My advice would be to get your ducks in a row because there will come a breaking point where you simply can’t take it anymore. As for what path to take next, let God lead you. Trust that it’ll all work out for the best. Don’t stay somewhere where you’re fighting AGAINST your employer. It’s exhausting, demoralizing and gets you nowhere. Maybe start skimming Indeed job postings and sending out resumes to anything that sounds interesting. It’ll get you in the “time to bounce” mindset. You don’t have to take any job offers or even interviews. Just see what’s out there. What do you have to lose?

Trending Threads

News Alley

Ask LSA

General Alley

Top Bottom