Quantcast

I don’t want to identify as Christian anymore.

TGSHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,126 2,641 2,419
Alleybux
I was born and raised in the church. I believe in God and the Bible. The people in the church just make me sick. Their mindset and attitude is messed up, yet they call themselves Christians or Gods people. I don’t want to be labeled in with them.
Nobody’s perfect I understand, but this is just ridiculous. They learn the Bible so they can twist it and justify their doings. Then they want to bash people with it. God is about love not bashing people until they do what you tell them.
I had this family member tell me she going to church tomorrow and she wanted me to come . I said no. Especially with COVID. She said well at least send your tithes and offering. I said no tf. Then she said you’re not gonna get blessed. I said God blesses the unrighteousness as well as the righteous and he blesses a cheerful giver. I don’t want to give and don’t have it anyway. Now she mad at me.
Church is just a show. They judge you on what you wear. They keep you in service for hours. It just screams brainwashing / cult vibes! Let’s not forget passa wants all your money to live large. Gods word is free. If you’re doing Gods will he is gonna make a way for you to spread his word and bless you. He doesn’t need 85% of the members check. It’s just sickening . I’m tired. Anybody else feels this way

femi94ce

Alley Onager
Reaction score
Reactions
64,028 1,637 717
Alleybux
So don't.

Some labels are beyond redemption.

If someone wants to know I may tell them I live a Christ-centric life but I do not claim membership in any church.

Other than that I keep my mouth shut. They will know me by my deeds, nobody's business really anyhow.

LAFF

Sackboy

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
85,026 5,324 642
Alleybux
I was born and raised in the church. I believe in God and the Bible. The people in the church just make me sick. Their mindset and attitude is messed up, yet they call themselves Christians or Gods people. I don’t want to be labeled in with them.
Nobody’s perfect I understand, but this is just ridiculous. They learn the Bible so they can twist it and justify their doings. Then they want to bash people with it. God is about love not bashing people until they do what you tell them.
I had this family member tell me she going to church tomorrow and she wanted me to come . I said no. Especially with COVID. She said well at least send your tithes and offering. I said no tf. Then she said you’re not gonna get blessed. I said God blesses the unrighteousness as well as the righteous and he blesses a cheerful giver. I don’t want to give and don’t have it anyway. Now she mad at me.
Church is just a show. They judge you on what you wear. They keep you in service for hours. It just screams brainwashing / cult vibes! Let’s not forget passa wants all your money to live large. Gods word is free. If you’re doing Gods will he is gonna make a way for you to spread his word and bless you. He doesn’t need 85% of the members check. It’s just sickening . I’m tired. Anybody else feels this way
You say that you understand that nobody is perfect, but do you understand that though?

Your whole post is saying how much you dislike the self-proclaimed Christians that you know personally because they do things you feel are not Christian or are somehow disingenuous because they stay in Church too long?

But at the same time, you say that they argue you down as a self-proclaimed Christian because they feel like you are not being active enough because you aren’t tithing?

I think you’re amongst your own people here and are right where you belong. They should let you do you and you should let them do them.

But if all of this makes you wanna drop your religion, then so be it. Do what works for you.

Sweetiepiie

I'm walking on sunshine
Reaction score
Reactions
155,929 4,475 2,414
Alleybux
OP I've made an atheist/agnostic personal group and added you. I think that group is much better than this one and you would get the answers you want:)

Noladebby

⚜️ Made in New Orleans ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
76,908 2,257 1,262
Alleybux
Who is looking for 85% of a paycheck? The tithe is 10% and anything above 10% is an offering.

It is absolutely true that God blesses the righteous and the unrighteous but why do you want to be unrighteous? Your post is very angry. You don't need excuses to leave Christianity. You want to go? Go.

TGSHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,126 2,641 2,419
Alleybux
You say that you understand that nobody is perfect, but do you understand that though?

Your whole post is saying how much you dislike the self-proclaimed Christians that you know personally because they do things you feel are not Christian or are somehow disingenuous because they stay in Church too long?

But at the same time, you say that they argue you down as a self-proclaimed Christian because they feel like you are not being active enough because you aren’t tithing?

I think you’re amongst your own people here and are right where you belong. They should let you do you and you should let them do them.

But if all of this makes you wanna drop your religion, then so be it. Do what works for you.
I understand that nobody’s perfect and we all make mistakes. I can acknowledge when I do something wrong but it seems like they can’t. I’m not standing in front of the people saying I’m holy and talking about you do this you’re going to hell. Then when church is over they doing what they talked about! It’s like they don’t have any self awareness of their actions. They also have this self righteous attitude. They don’t realize how instead of helping people they are destroying them. It just makes me feel a way.

TGSHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,126 2,641 2,419
Alleybux
Who is looking for 85% of a paycheck? The tithe is 10% and anything above 10% is an offering.

It is absolutely true that God blesses the righteous and the unrighteous but why do you want to be unrighteous? Your post is very angry. You don't need excuses to leave Christianity. You want to go? Go.
You get more peace and help from unrighteous people than you ever would from a righteous. Saddens me to say it but it’s true. I attended this church. The preacher asked for a ridiculous amount of money. If he wasn’t satisfied he would take up collections until your purse was empty. Every time I turned around they was asking for money. They sometimes locked the door so you couldn’t leave. They tithes offering building fund. Passas birthday, vacation Christmas, anniversary etc

Sackboy

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
85,026 5,324 642
Alleybux
I understand that nobody’s perfect and we all make mistakes. I can acknowledge when I do something wrong but it seems like they can’t. I’m not standing in front of the people saying I’m holy and talking about you do this you’re going to hell. Then when church is over they doing what they talked about! It’s like they don’t have any self awareness of their actions. They also have this self righteous attitude. They don’t realize how instead of helping people they are destroying them. It just makes me feel a way.
I feel you. But there’s nothing you can do about how they treat people. It may in fact be a shame at times with how someone treats someone else but that’s their journey to figure out, work through, and amend.

You’ve got your own journey to work through. Wish them well, say a prayer if you feel like it, whatever works for you and keep pushing.

Hexa

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
105,757 6,634 2,563
Alleybux
You get more peace and help from unrighteous people than you ever would from a righteous. Saddens me to say it but it’s true. I attended this church. The preacher asked for a ridiculous amount of money. If he wasn’t satisfied he would take up collections until your purse was empty. Every time I turned around they was asking for money. They sometimes locked the door so you couldn’t leave. They tithes offering building fund. Passas birthday, vacation Christmas, anniversary etc
Weird. My high school friend is a Mormon. He gets jobs and connections just by being a member. He married young in college and has several children. He will never have need to look for opportunities because Mormons help each other out, especially the ones who go on missions.

Every church is different I guess. Most are about community and social groups to stay connected to the other members, forming multi-generational personal bonds. If your social group isn't in the church, you have nothing to lose.

Self identity is 100% a personal choice in America. Nobody can stop you, and I doubt anybody will try. Unless you're Amish or ultra orthodox Jewish, not many people really care.

noseydude

The Coolidge Effect
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
37,314 1,171 729
Alleybux
She said well at least send your tithes and offering. I said no tf. Then she said you’re not gonna get blessed.

e2

Smaddyone

Guh suh
Reaction score
Reactions
94,708 4,426 2,747
Alleybux
Good for you. When you know better you do better and Jesus said you don't need to make a show of prayer as well as that in his fathers house there are many mansions.

Let your body be your temple and ignore the hypocrites and parasites

mdhlife

I have spoken ...
Reaction score
Reactions
36,708 2,150 1,090
Alleybux
this ^

4GoodAndEvil

“Who’s gon’ swear me in…” ~Fani Willis, 2024
Reaction score
Reactions
107,019 5,901 145
Alleybux
Then don’t... I know exactly what u mean. I don’t want any parts of those lying, conniving, evil, self righteous, fake holier than thou ass ppl. Christians are THE ABSOLUTE WORST! I’ve seen it all. Preachers leave the pulpit & go home to beat their wives, rape their daughters & molest their sons. These are some of the SICKEST ppl, all in the church!

doseofwisdom

MVP
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
4,770 335 302
Alleybux
You just went to the wrong church. I stopped going because it's sad that it's so difficult to find a church that preaches the true Gospel.

Tithing in the Bible had nothing to do with money but food to make sure those who didn't have like widows, orphans, the poor to have what they needed. New age church has teached this the wrong way.

When I stopped going to church I sought after God more than ever and developed a closer relationship with Him and actually started to study the Bible for myself, fasting and praying (I never really did while being a church goer).so many great things happened when I finally got to know God for myself which is a lifetime journey. I encourage you to do the same.

There are genuine churches out here some even online. Stay in prayer and seek God daily. Receive salvation, pray for God to fill you with His Holy Spirit, stay in the word, watch sermons when you need direction (be careful there are many false teachers out here). Now is not the time to stray from Christ. We need Him now more than ever!
Don't be too tough on your relative. She is just trying to help but she hasn't discovered truth about tithing yet. Tithing 10 percent of our income isnt required but God still requires us to be generous givers of our money, time and resources to those in need.

Check out her page on YouTube. She teaches true doctrine and has many videos about tithing --> Motivating U2Win

Last edited:

TGSHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,126 2,641 2,419
Alleybux
You just went to the wrong church. I stopped going because it's sad that it's so difficult to find a church that preaches the true Gospel.

Tithing in the Bible had nothing to do with money but food to make sure those who didn't have like widows, orphans, the poor to have what they needed. New age church has teached this the wrong way.

When I stopped going to church I sought after God more than ever and developed a closer relationship with Him and actually started to study the Bible for myself, fasting, praying (I never really did while being a church goer).listening to worship music more..so many great things happened when I got to finally know God for myself which is a lifetime journey. I encourage you to do the same.

There are genuine churches out here some even online. Stay in prayer and seek God daily. Now is not the time to stray from Christ. We need Him now more than ever!
Don't be to tough on your relative. She is just trying to help because she hasn't discovered truth yet. Tithing 10 percent of our income isnt required but God still required to be generous givers of our money, time and resources to those in need.
I’m not leaving God. I’m dropping the Christian title. I don’t want to identify as a Christian. Maybe spiritual perhaps.

Bjxxxx

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,858 1,064 802
Alleybux
Actually there is reference to this in the Bible. Basically it says you can do what ever you want, but all things are not edifying. Basically if you say your are a follower, and operate contrar, you may be a disincentive or destroy the faith of someone else who watches you. I forget where that is. Not to be too preachy, but we each have to guard our own soul and answer for ourselves.

Denying God, is pretty much the only unforgiveable. Also if you know about it, and then turn to living a whatever kind of lifestyle, it says it would be worse for you than if you didn’t know the right way in the first place (now there are those who might see that as cultish).

What comes to mind is Jessica Simpson’s father who was a Baptist Preacher of a church, and now he’s just doing his own thing. From my perspective let him live though, I don’t have to answer.

So for these other people, they are in your life, but you don’t have to answer to them. I would seriously ignore them and their comments. God’s also not looking for outward show and knows what’s in your heart.

4GoodAndEvil

Reaction score
Reactions
107,019 5,901 145
Alleybux
I’m not leaving God. I’m dropping the Christian title. I don’t want to identify as a Christian. Maybe spiritual perhaps.
Good for you! Don’t let anyone guilt you into backtracking. It’s so much heinousness that goes on u shouldn’t want to be a part of that. Don’t let anyone gaslight u either bc I have a feeling these brainwashed Bible thumper fanatics are going to come for u...

4GoodAndEvil

Reaction score
Reactions
107,019 5,901 145
Alleybux
Actually there is reference to this in the Bible. Basically it says you can do what ever you want, but all things are not edifying. Basically if you say your are a follower, and operate contrar, you may be a disincentive or destroy the faith of someone else who watches you. I forget where that is. Not to be too preachy, but we each have to guard our own soul and answer for ourselves.

Denying God, is pretty much the only unforgiveable. Also if you know about it, and then turn to living a whatever kind of lifestyle, it says it would be worse for you than if you didn’t know the right way in the first place (now there are those who might see that as cultish).

What comes to mind is Jessica Simpson’s father who was a Baptist Preacher of a church, and now he’s just doing his own thing. From my perspective let him live though, I don’t have to answer.

So for these other people, they are in your life, but you don’t have to answer to them. I would seriously ignore them and their comments. God’s also not looking for outward show and knows what’s in your heart.
She never even said she was denying God. Why are u putting words in her mouth?

Bjxxxx

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
60,858 1,064 802
Alleybux
That does not sound like it’s built solely on God’s principals. Discernment is also necessary. It does say there will be a lot of false prophets, leading people astray. Which is why you have to study information for yourself. I personally looked at all the books, Bible, Torah, Catholic Bible, Apocrpha, Russian Orthodox (all that suff with the Azzeams), Koran, even Buddist teachings and so forth. There’s a lot of overlap, but you have to get what speaks to you.

I was even reading an intepretation that seemed to confirm, there is no ONE way, one size fits all. Get it where you find it was the basic message.

doseofwisdom

MVP
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
4,770 335 302
Alleybux
a Christian is simply one who believes and follows the teachings/commands of Jesus Christ. Is that what you believe?

vaguebeaut

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,972 2,936 1,237
Alleybux
Everyone who is a Christian doesn't go to one specific church. Maybe you should try a different one or maybe you'd do better focusing on services virtually for now. Your spiritual journey is uniquely yours, try and find what works best for you.

Jsolidus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
103,839 5,402 5,379
Alleybux
My grandmother was a pastor and she would also say she wasn't religious but spiritual. Even she knew that people ruin Christianity.

Sounds like you need to focus solely on God and not the human parts of religion. A title really is not that important.

I noticed a lot of atheist and none believers etc. Always blame people for them not believing in God. That is not a valid reason turn your back on God. Christians are not perfect people and they never will be, no one is except Jesus, and I wished people would understand this.

I would just focus on God's word andor look into a new church where you notice it's more about God and not about giving more money for a new building.

Smaddyone

Guh suh
Reaction score
Reactions
94,708 4,426 2,747
Alleybux
a Christian is simply one who believes and follows the teachings/commands of Jesus Christ. Is that what you believe?

Everybody who follows Christ isn't a Christian. To be a Christian is also to accept certain doctrines which were established outside of the explicit word.

Muslims are supposed to follow the teachings of Christ also

Winter

Muy Confuso
Reaction score
Reactions
196,970 9,368 4,313
Alleybux

I understand what you're saying OP. I went to a church something like that before. I've been to churches where they passed the offering plate around two or three times before the sermon then again after the sermon for the "special guest preacher". I've been to churches where they had no problem taking my money but clearly took issue with me having communion with them as I wasn't part of their church. I've been to churches where the pastor and first lady clearly had big time money and handed out old crusty bread for Easter Sunday dinner.

At the same time I have been to churches where the pastor goes above and beyond the call of duty. When my grandfather was sick and bedridden he packed up the entire congregation, went to my grandmother's home and had church there. I've been to churches where the pastor gladly, willingly, served everyone a hearty dinner for Easter inside of his own home and not only made sure they had enough but went on to offer cake. There are good Christians out there OP. They are so very hard to find but they are out there. I have very little respect for churches in general but those two right there will always hold a special place in my heart. That is how we are to be as Christians and that is how no one is trying to be these days. I hope those pastors are doing well and that the church is as well because they are surely putting in the work. Many churches could learn from them. It's one thing to claim to be a Christian. It's another thing entirely to live it and I have learned that so very few people are willing to live it that it's sad. No wonder people hate Christians. Look at who represents us. So I just do all I can to try to be a good Christian in my day to day life. I can't stop them but I can surely try to be a good one on my own just as those pastors are doing.

TGSHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,126 2,641 2,419
Alleybux
I understand what you're saying OP. I went to a church something like that before. I've been to churches where they passed the offering plate around two or three times before the sermon then again after the sermon for the "special guest preacher". I've been to churches where they had no problem taking my money but clearly took issue with me having communion with them as I wasn't part of their church. I've been to churches where the pastor and first lady clearly had big time money and handed out old crusty bread for Easter Sunday dinner.

At the same time I have been to churches where the pastor goes above and beyond the call of duty. When my grandfather was sick and bedridden he packed up the entire congregation, went to my grandmother's home and had church there. I've been to churches where the pastor gladly, willingly, served everyone a hearty dinner for Easter inside of his own home and not only made sure they had enough but went on to offer cake. There are good Christians out there OP. They are so very hard to find but they are out there. I have very little respect for churches in general but those two right there will always hold a special place in my heart. That is how we are to be as Christians and that is how no one is trying to be these days. I hope those pastors are doing well and that the church is as well because they are surely putting in the work. Many churches could learn from them. It's one thing to claim to be a Christian. It's another thing entirely to live it and I have learned that so very few people are willing to live it that it's sad. No wonder people hate Christians. Look at who represents us. So I just do all I can to try to be a good Christian in my day to day life. I can't stop them but I can surely try to be a good one on my own just as those pastors are doing.
Yes!!! This!!!

LoveSupreme

01/06/21 - Planet of the Apes Day -
Reaction score
Reactions
134,305 8,452 7,808
Alleybux

“I don’t want to identify as Christian anymore.”​

WateryBrownIntermediateegret-size_restricted.gif

HongKongho

ZhangZiyisho
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
155,688 6,271 6,563
Alleybux
I will fistfight with him first

you want my money run up and see what happens

I’d break windows and fighting church elders

I’m glad I’m not Christian my friend is and always want me to go to church with her

I don’t ask her to worship Satan with me in the woods naked

Noladebby

⚜️ Made in New Orleans ⚜️
Reaction score
Reactions
76,908 2,257 1,262
Alleybux
Dude.

Jesus hung out with hookers and tax collectors, not the Kohainim and the Sanhedrin.

LAFF
He didn't hang out with those people just to be hanging out. He was talking with them to change them. Stop trying to troll me.

QueenAquariB

TRUSTNO1
Reaction score
Reactions
44,787 2,257 2,218
Alleybux
I agree the church is just corrupt! When people ask me what I identify as? I say I am a firm believer in God and know that Jesus is the son of God I also believe in the Bible. "Religion" to me was created by satan to confuse people because they dont know who or what to follow. (Hence false gods)And satan is the king of confusion, temptation, and testing...whereas God give you one answer only and you better hear it and do whats right.