I feel like a stalker....

Tweety Bird

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
51,927 225 119
Alleybux
Hey Ya'll. Dallas here. I've been stuck in the house for 2 freaking days and I'm about to lose my mind!! Stupid ice storm.

Anyway. I'm not too far removed from a break-up that I didn't see coming nor did I want to happen and only a couple weeks after we broke up I found out he was already in another relationship. Needless to say, my heart was/is broken but I'm starting to try and pick up the pieces and move on. Even through the tears I'm still such a hopeless romantic and believe that I will find true love one of these good ole days.

Which leads me to this situation...

So a couple of weeks back my friends and I attended this event and had a blast. While there, I spotted this guy and while he was not really what I usually go for physically (I'm a sucker for a handsome dark skin man and he's a light bright lol) there was something about him. He just had a really cool vibe. We share mutual friends and exchanged pleasantries but nothing came of it.

A few days later, every one was posting pics from the event and one of our mutual friends posted a pic with him and tagged him on Facebook. So of course being the nosey one that I am, I clicked on his paged and started looking around.

I absolutely loved what I saw. He's a very successful, God-fearing, purpose driven man. :love:

So I took a chance and sent him a friend request. He accepted and I again took another chance and sent him a message about previously meeting him and being impressed by the work he's doing in our community and his blog. He responded back and it was all very innocent and pretty short. I purposely ended the conversation on my own terms (games I know) and that was that.

Anywho since I've been locked into the house, I've been semi-stalking his social networks (or what we refer to as "doing research") lol. It eventually led me to his instagram and I decided to follow him...he followed me back :pdance:

We are going to be at the same event again next weekend and I'm sooo excited but I'm like....what kinda sh!t is that? Why am I excited? :bulgy-eyes:

Ya'll I have no clue if this man is dating someone (I did as much snooping as I could and couldn't find any evidence lol). Hell I don't even know if he is attracted to me (I mean I've never met a man who wasn't....but I don't want to assume :bashful:) He hasn't given me any type of hint or indication that he is interested in me BUT the only moment we've had is a 2 min passing introduction and couple of messages on FB.

Idk. I feel really stupid being all geeked about a guy I have no idea is even interested in me but I've been trying to find the perfect outfit for next weekend that screams..."I'm sexy but classy" and plotting what I'm going to say when I do see him.

In a perfect world, he will approach me first and lead the conversation so I won't have to say anything..actually that's kind of what I expect to happen if he's really interested in me.

Even typing this long as dissertation makes me feel stupid. I don't know him from a can of worms and yet here I am...

Anyone ever been in this situation and it turned out to be something special? Or am I team forever alone on this one? :shame:

COMPLEXXX

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
903,459 13,467 1,349
Alleybux
Facebook was invented for these moments. Keep going.

And Instagram.

OP, atleast you aren't stalking without friending and following him. I've been on Instagram going through pics of a guy I wasn't following (trying to gently scroll and not let my finger linger on one too long, there's a science to that sh!t) only to accidentally like a pic from 50 weeks ago. It's the WORST.

Then there's the ''Do I unlike it or just leave it cause I know he probably got the notification anyway?'' struggle.

La Bomba

<3.<3.<3
Reaction score
Reactions
13,292 13 14
Alleybux
OP, I'm glad that after a breakup you're getting out there and are interested in other men. I've been in your situation before. However, I like to make a good impression of myself in person, not so much on social networking. I have sent a friend request, but that's the most I'll do lol (I'm shy). Just prepare yourself for next weekend. Make sure you look super hot, say hi and just throw him some smiles. If he's interested, he will talk to you.

BTW, don't feel stupid being geeked up about a guy. Why shouldn't you be? It's always exciting when you are crushing on a new guy. You just never know what will happen, that's the beauty of life.

Selina Kyle II

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
240,537 3,713 1,083
Alleybux
And Instagram.

OP, atleast you aren't stalking without friending and following him. I've been on Instagram going through pics of a guy (trying to gently scroll and not let my finger linger on one too long, there's a science to that sh!t) only to accidentally like a pic from 50 weeks ago. It's the WORST.

Then there's the ''do I unlike it or just leave it cause I know he probably got the notification anyway?'' struggle.

Child I was being super nosy and looked up the SO of the people that I work with. Well this one guy's wife is super corny and is always tagging him in uber lovey dovey sh!t so sometimes I go on there when I want a decent laugh. Well my phone is super sh!t and I am terrified that one day I will make a mistake and press like on accident will scrolling. :shame:

Tweety Bird

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
51,927 225 119
Alleybux
OP, I'm glad that after a breakup you're getting out there and are interested in other men. I've been in your situation before. However, I like to make a good impression of myself in person, not so much on social networking. I have sent a friend request, but that's the most I'll do lol (I'm shy). Just prepare yourself for next weekend. Make sure you look super hot, say hi and just throw him some smiles. If he's interested, he will talk to you.

BTW, don't feel stupid being geeked up about a guy. Why shouldn't you be? It's always exciting when you are crushing on a new guy. You just never know what will happen, that's the beauty of life.

Yea I'm the same way which is why I kept it short and sweet when I did send him the message.

Tweety Bird

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
51,927 225 119
Alleybux
And Instagram.

OP, atleast you aren't stalking without friending and following him. I've been on Instagram going through pics of a guy I wasn't following (trying to gently scroll and not let my finger linger on one too long, there's a science to that sh!t) only to accidentally like a pic from 50 weeks ago. It's the WORST.

Then there's the ''Do I unlike it or just leave it cause I know he probably got the notification anyway?'' struggle.

:laugh:

Girl I've done this before and you're right..they get the notification regardless if you unlike it or not. I did that to this one guy I was being nosey and even tho I unliked it he ended up following me smh lol.

Selina Kyle II

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
240,537 3,713 1,083
Alleybux
:laugh:

Girl I've done this before and you're right..they get the notification regardless if you unlike it or not. I did that to this one guy I was being nosey and even tho I unliked it he ended up following me smh lol.

At least he liked what he saw.

gdogg

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,063 58 19
Alleybux
He'll like you, Tweety. Don't sweat it. The problem will be whether either of you will still like the other after a few weeks of really knowing each other.

Pr0m Queen

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
546 65 56
Alleybux
Oh, so when i'm a stalker, it's a problem.

good luck op. im the same love. stalk our boos, so we know its real.

Pr0m Queen

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
546 65 56
Alleybux
wait, b!tch i reread. you followed him on not one..but two social sites.. nah he dont like that..trust me. thats happend to me and it creeps me out.

Tweety Bird

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
51,927 225 119
Alleybux
wait, b!tch i reread. you followed him on not one..but two social sites.. nah he dont like that..trust me. thats happend to me and it creeps me out.

but..but..but..he always posts his instagram stuff on facebook and that's how I saw he had one.

and he followed me back! That has been mean something doesn't it?

:disapointed:

anna stesia

The Lead Singer
Reaction score
Reactions
4,698 182 45
Alleybux
but..but..but..he always posts his instagram stuff on facebook and that's how I saw he had one.

and he followed me back! That has been mean something doesn't it?

:disapointed:

dont worry about it lol. he didnt have to follow you back

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom