Not open for further replies.

snowflake

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,177 4 1
Alleybux
If you believe in God do you have to believe in the Devil too?
I know that everythin' has to have it's opposite and that they alway go "hand in hand"(don't misinterprete that), but can you not believe in it? And if you don't does that minor, in some way, your fate in God? Is your fate different if you don't believe in the source of the evil?

I do believe in God but i like to think that there is no Devil, maybe cause in some way it scares me, i don't know.

Jane_Dough

Queen of the town
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,475 85 76
Alleybux
My answer would be yes. Just by reading your first question. The rest confused me too much.

Blugemstone

<span style="color: BLU Magic;"><span style="color
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
11,185 2 9
Alleybux
JaneDoe said:
I know that everythin' has to have it's opposite and that they alway go "hand in hand"(don't misinterprete that), but can you not believe in it? And if you don't does that minor, in some way, your fate in God? Is your fate different if you don't believe in the source of the evil?

I do believe in God but i like to think that there is no Devil, maybe cause in some way it scares me, i don't know.

I just noticed that u and the second poster has the same sn but just spelled differently!
Anywhoo, You shouldn't BELIEVE in the Devil. Is there a fallen Angel named Satanel that tried to overthrow God with his legion of 2 million angels--yes. Is there wicked spirits and evil in the world--yes. Do u put ur faith in God believing that no weapon formed against u shall prosper--yes.

You don't live ur life thinking "is the devil going to bother me today". He has no power over ur life when ur a child of God and covered with the Blood of Jesus.

Shuga Slim

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
877 1
Alleybux
I think you answered your own question. If you believe in evil, it has to have a source. I don't believe in the devil, but I do believe there is a devil; though I don't believe the source can be conceptualized per se. Thus our conceptual renderings of so called "devil" or "satan... I believe it's for more abstract than the red guy with a pitch fork and horns some man conjured. But it is undeniable that just as there is good, there is also evil.

Mischa

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,619 9 31
Alleybux
JaneDoe said:

For every action there is an opposite reaction, there is an evil entity that is in this world that is undeniable. There is also a positive force that is here. People confound me a little with this God thing, there are many Gods, even if you believe in the Bible, it makes it clear. Now you may believe in the God of the Jews or you believe in Yahweh or JHVH (I disagree with the Jehovah name), but do some research, you might be surprised at what you come up with.

PECANCUTE

Bench Warmer
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
According to scripture Satan/devil is a fallen angel. These terms just mean adversary or accurser.

Curvy Jones

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
12,842 5 5
Alleybux
I was like, why is she answering herself?

I believe in Satan... but I think people blame things on him that they should blame on selfishness and personal spiritual weakness. The devil doesn't posses your body and make you do things... you make the choice to do it and justify it with your own reasons. People give Satan too much power.

AlmostThere

MVP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
300 1
Alleybux
CurvyGurlATL said:

I believe in Satan... but I think people blame things on him that they should blame on selfishness and personal spiritual weakness. The devil doesn't posses your body and make you do things... you make the choice to do it and justify it with your own reasons. People give Satan too much power.

I COULD NOT HAVE SAID THIS BETTER!!!!

Mischa

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,619 9 31
Alleybux
PECANCUTE said:
According to scripture Satan/devil is a fallen angel. These terms just mean adversary or accurser.

I think that is Lucifer. I have had a few debates over if Lucifer and Satan are the same entity. There are many people (more than you realize) that worship Lucifer and call themselves Luciferians.

SWEETnSOUR

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
26,749 520 810
Alleybux
CurvyGurlATL said:

So Curvy, you don't believe that people become possesed? Now I see what you're saying that people blame their stupid behaviors cheating, gambling etc on the devil way to much. But some of the psycho's I see on the news had to have at least had dinner with devil. I saw the Exorcism of Emily Rose. I WAS PETRIFIED WHEN I LEFT THAT MOVIE, I AM FOREVER SCARRED ABOUT 3AM!!!!! I have never sat down and thought that the devil could actually posses someone's body until that movie. I knew it was possible, I've seen the Exorcist (the was not scary in the least bit to me) but I never really sat down and thought about it. Even growing up I would hear my mother say "[Insert psycho killer's name here] is sick with the devil!" I just never really thought about it. I am with Slymgudi, I believe that he exists but I do not believe in him.

SWEETnSOUR

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
26,749 520 810
Alleybux
Mischa said:
I think that is Lucifer. I have had a few debates over if Lucifer and Satan are the same entity. There are many people (more than you realize) that worship Lucifer and call themselves Luciferians.

Can you briefly expound on why some people think that they are not one in the same?

Mischa

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,619 9 31
Alleybux
SWEETnSOUR said:
Can you briefly expound on why some people think that they are not one in the same?

The brief version is that Satan is the "father" of evil, the angel that turned against "GOD" in heaven. Lucifer which literally means "fallen star" is an angel that later turned against God and lead rebellion in heaven and on earth. There are a few names of these angels in the bible. Remember those that came down from heaven and intermarried with the humans on earth. They were not all destroyed by the flood and those that believe they are descendants of these half-breeds (known today as blue bloods) believe they are of the lineage of the Merovigian (sp?) lineage. They are all Luciferians.

Remember this is the short version. :)

SWEETnSOUR

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
26,749 520 810
Alleybux
Mischa said:
The brief version is that Satan is the "father" of evil, the angel that turned against "GOD" in heaven. Lucifer which literally means "fallen star" is an angel that later turned against God and lead rebellion in heaven and on earth. There are a few names of these angels in the bible. Remember those that came down from heaven and intermarried with the humans on earth. They were not all destroyed by the flood and those that believe they are descendants of these half-breeds (none today as blue bloods) believe they are of the lineage of the Merovigian (sp?) lineage. They are all Luciferians.

Remember this is the short version. :)

OK. Thank you.

Curvy Jones

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
12,842 5 5
Alleybux
Exorcism of Emily Rose

Yeah I won't be seeing that movie. *blank stare*

I think evil is all too real... but I also think there are a lot of ilnesses today that people called 'possessions' in olden days (like epilepsy, and autism) and I'm just not quick to assume a person is demon possesed, more like mentally unstable at best and severely ill at worst.

PECANCUTE

Bench Warmer
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Originally Posted by Mischa
The brief version is that Satan is the "father" of evil, the angel that turned against "GOD" in heaven. Lucifer which literally means "fallen star" is an angel that later turned against God and lead rebellion in heaven and on earth.

Then you agree--Satan is a fallen angel.

Mischa

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,619 9 31
Alleybux
PECANCUTE said:
Originally Posted by Mischa
The brief version is that Satan is the "father" of evil, the angel that turned against "GOD" in heaven. Lucifer which literally means "fallen star" is an angel that later turned against God and lead rebellion in heaven and on earth.

Then you agree--Satan is a fallen angel.

Lucifer was originally a Latin word meaning "light-bearer" (from lux, "light", and ferre, "to bear, bring"), a Roman astrological term for the "Morning Star", the planet Venus. The word Lucifer was the direct translation of the Greek eosphorus ("dawn-bearer"; cf. Greek phosphorus, "light-bearer") used by Jerome in the Vulgate. In that passage, Isaiah 14:12, it referred to one of the popular honorific titles of a Babylonian king

In the Vulgate, an early-5th-century translation of the Bible into Latin by Jerome, Lucifer is a Latin word that appears in many translations of Isaiah 14:12-14. The original Hebrew text of this verse was &#1492;&#1497;&#1500;&#1500; &#1489;&#1503; &#1513;&#1495;&#1512; (heilel ben-schahar), meaning "Helel son of Shahar." Helel was a Babylonian / Canaanite god who was the son of another Babylonian / Canaanite god named Shahar.

Helel was the god of the morning star and his father was Shahar, god of the dawn. Some translations of Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O day-star, son of the morning!" American Standard Version translating Hebrew Helel as "day-star" and the Hebrew word Ben as son and the Hebrew word Shahar as "of the morning." Others translate it as "Lucifer, son of the morning" 21st Century King James.

The Hebrew does not speak of a devil named Lucifer. Lucifer appears nowhere in Isaiah. It is Helel, a fallen Babylonian god which appears in the original text.

The term Lucifer first appeared in Latin translations of the Book of Isaiah in the 4th century. Through the years most translators kept the latin word "lucifer" in Isaiah 14 rather than properly translating it as "god of the morning star" or even leaving it as the Hebrew Helel.

14:4 You will recite this parable about the king of Babylonia: How has the oppresor come to an end, the arrogance been ended?
14:10 They will all proclaim and say to you, "You also have been stricken as we were; you are cmpared to us.
14:11 Brought down to the nether-world were your pride and the tumult of your stringed instruments; maggots are spread out under you, and worms are your covers.
14:12 How have you fallen from the heavens, O glowing morning star; been cut down to the ground O conqueror of nations?
(Isaiah, Artscroll Tanakh)
The Jewish Encyclopedia reports that "it is obvious that the prophet in attributing to the Babylonian king boastful pride, followed by a fall, borrowed the idea from a popular legend connected with the morning star".[1] However, this metaphorical "falling from the heavens" was later interpreted as a literal fall from heaven by Christians when the passage's original meaning was made opaque by retranslations and eventually forgotten.

Judaism does not believe in fallen angels (as do Christians). In Judaism angels do not possess free will and thus cannot rebel against God. It is only in folk tales and homily called Midrashim aggadah where such tales are found in Judaism.

Helel in Isaiah 14 has nothing to do with the Jewish concept of HaSatan (the adversary). The prohet is speaking of the fall of Babylon and along with it the fall of her false gods Helel and Shahar. In Judaism there is no concept of a devil or a fallen god. There is satan which is a Hebrew word meaning "adversary" and in the Tanakh one will find many instances of the word used to describe human and angelic adversaries to man.

In Judaism G-d doesn't have any adversaries. He is One. He is all powerful. The satans are to tempt man not G-d. Angels do not have free will and so can not go against G-d's desires.

PECANCUTE

Bench Warmer
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
What about the New Testament? Jesus said he saw Satan falling like lightnening from heaven (John).

Mischa

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,619 9 31
Alleybux
Satan (Standard Hebrew: &#1513;&#1464;&#1474;&#1496;&#1464;&#1503;, Satan Tiberian Hebrew &#346;&#257;&#7789;&#257;n; Koine Greek: &#931;&#945;&#964;&#945;&#957;&#940;&#962;, Satanás; Aramaic: &#1510;&#1496;&#1504;&#1488;, &#346;a&#7789;anâ; Arabic: &#1588;&#1610;&#1591;&#1575;&#1606;, Shai&#7789;aan) is an Abrahamic term which is traditionally applied to an angel, demon, or minor god in many belief systems.

Satan plays various roles in the Tanakh, the Apocrypha and New Testament. In the Tanakh, Satan is an angel whom God uses to test man for various reasons usually dealing with his level of piety. In the Apocrypha and New Testament, the term Satan refers to a preternatural entity, an evil, rebellious demon who is the enemy of God and mankind, and the central embodiment of evil. Satan is also commonly known as the Devil, the "Prince of Darkness," Beelzebub, Belial, Lucifer, and Mephistopheles.

In the Talmud and some Kabbalist works, Satan is sometimes called Samael. In the fields of angelology and demonology these different names sometimes refer to a number of different angels and demons, and there is significant disagreement as to whether any of these entities are actually evil.

In Islam, Ibl&#299;s (Arabic &#1573;&#1576;&#1604;&#1610;&#1587;), is the primary devil. He is commonly referred to in the Qur'an as Shaitan. The Islamic view of Satan has both commonalities and differences with Christian and Jewish views.

Satan is to be better understood as an "accuser" or "adversary". The term is applied both to supernatural and human beings.[4]

[edit]
Different uses of the word "Satan" in the Tanakh
The Hebrew "Satan" is used in the Hebrew Bible with the general connotation of "adversary," being applied to:

An enemy in war and peace [5]
An accuser before the judgment-seat [6]
An antagonist who puts obstacles in the way, as in Numbers 22:22, where the angel of God is described as opposing Balaam as an adversary.
In the Book of Job, ha-satan("the adversary") is a prosecuting attorney against mankind in the heavenly court of God. Other angels are not mentioned by name. He is known as the accuser and is the angel which questions mankind's loyalty to God. He argues that man is only loyal because God gives them prosperity. He is the one who actually delivers all the ills upon Job to test his faith.

In 1 Chronicles 21:1, Satan incites David to commit the sin of taking a census of Israel. Five hundred years earlier, this same story portrayed Yahweh as the one who incited David to take the census (2 Samuel 24:1). The later story was written after the Hebrews had been in exile in Babylon and had been exposed to Zoroastrianism.

The Strong's Concordance number for the Hebrew word "Satan" is 07853 and 07854[7].

"7853 satan saw-tan' a primitive root; to attack, (figuratively) accuse:--(be an) adversary, resist."

"7854 satan saw-tawn' from 7853; an opponent; especially (with the article prefixed) Satan, the arch-enemy of good:--adversary, Satan, withstand."

This can be used to research the Biblical usage of this word.

As per the Qur'an, before the creation of Man, God created the Angels — which had no free will — and the Jinn. Later God created Adam, and ordered all the angels and jinns to bow to him. All the angels and Jinns did, except a Jinn called Iblis, who was the leader of the Djinn, creatures made of smokeless fire. Iblis was proud and considered himself superior. Iblis argued that he is superior to Adam, who is made of modified clay, while he himself is made of smokeless fire. For this God damned him to Hell for eternity, but gave him respite till the Doomsday at his request. Then and there Iblis swore that he would use his time to lead all men astray to burn in hell. God replied that there would always be followers of God, and that the paradise of heaven was available for them, and those who followed Iblis would live with him in Hell.[43]

After their creation, Adam and Hawwa' (&#1581;&#1608;&#1575;&#1569;, Eve) dwelt in Paradise (&#1575;&#1604;&#1580;&#1606;&#1577;, AlJannah), where God forbade them to go near the cursed tree. "The Satan" (or al-Shaitan in Arabic), tricked Adam and Hawwa' into eating from the tree. God then expelled all of them from Heaven and onto Earth, to wander about, as a punishment. Then Adam sought to repent to God, and God taught him the words by which to do so. God forgave Adam and Hawwa' and told them "Get ye down all from here; and if, as is sure, there comes to you Guidance from me, whosoever follows My guidance, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. [44]." Iblis will try to influence as many of their descendants as he possibly could into sin, so as to be his companions in his final destiny into Hell.

Adam remained weeping for 40 days, until he repented, at which point God rewarded him by sending down the Kaaba, and teaching him the hajj. The earth smellt repugnant in comparison with heaven,

Mischa

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,619 9 31
Alleybux
PECANCUTE said:
What about the New Testament? Jesus said he saw Satan falling like lightnening from heaven (John).

See what I am doing is giving historical context to the words. People get hooked up to translations and I am trying to tell people that with every version and translation, a new meaning and interpretation is made and therefore one must take everything in the bible and its various translations with a grain of salt.

PECANCUTE

Bench Warmer
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
huh? the new testament is not a translation. The bible consist of both the old and new testament. The Tanak is the Jewish term for old testament and when I see the term "Hebrew scriptures", I think old testament. When one studies the bible, you consider both testament to get a proper understanding.

Mischa

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,619 9 31
Alleybux
PECANCUTE said:
huh? the new testament is not a translation. The bible consist of both the old and new testament. The Tanak is the Jewish term for old testament and when I see the term "Hebrew scriptures", I think old testament. When one studies the bible, you consider both testament to get a proper understanding.

Oh I misread what you wrote, but I still stand by what I wrote. If you read over there are many references to Satan and to Lucifer that have been translated differently depending on the version.

Cocaine

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,845 6 6
Alleybux
JaneDoe said:

If you believe in God, and know He's real, you believe in the devil as well. I think doubting one is indeed doubting the other because if the word of God is true and he mentions the devil and how real he is in the Bible, doubting his existence is doubting God's word, thus doubting God and the validity of his Word.

snowflake

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,177 4 1
Alleybux
Now ya'll started confusin' me. First the answer was yes then everybody started talkin' about the existance of the devil.

I'm bein' a pain in the ass cause i just recently started gettin' interested in religion (my and others) and i have questions and no answers, so bare with me

And to make this one clear, i think someone said that i'm Jewish, no i'm not, i'm Orthodox Christian.

I've never read the Bible, so when i talk about religion it's on an lower level...i do want to read as i'd like to read the Quran and Torah.

So...

All i wanted to know is am i a true believer if i don't believe in Satan, cause, as i already have said, they always go together, and by denyin' one do i automatically deny the other?

snowflake

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,177 4 1
Alleybux
yellagirl3658 said:
If you believe in God, and know He's real, you believe in the devil as well. I think doubting one is indeed doubting the other because if the word of God is true and he mentions the devil and how real he is in the Bible, doubting his existence is doubting God's word, thus doubting God and the validity of his Word.
That's what i ment and what i wanted to know! Thank you.

What if i refuse to believe in it out of fear? Cause i'm hella scared of the possibillity of it's existence.

Cocaine

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,845 6 6
Alleybux
JaneDoe said:
That's what i ment and what i wanted to know! Thank you.

What if i refuse to believe in it out of fear? Cause i'm hella scared of the possibillity of it's existence.
The Bible says fear no one but God. If you believe in God, you won't have room to fear the devil. The devil is all around you everday. In peoples thoughts, actions, etc. Your faith must be bigger than your fear.

The church I grew up in, Pentecostal, was one of those churches where you see people shouting all the time, having revivals, and all that. I've seen demons cast out of peoples bodies. I'm here to tell you, the devil is REAL. He has an army of demons like God has an army of angels.

BrownEyedGyrl

Skywriter
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
2,824 3 2
Alleybux
JaneDoe said:

Believing in God, means you believe in the existence of his opposite. Believing in is not what I would call it, because as a Christian my faith is in God. But you have to realize that there is a battle going on for your soul,and you have to understand the source of evil just like you do good. The Bible encourages us to stay away from trying to divulge to deeply into that, because then you start tempting things, and opening yourself up. I understand being afraid of the devil, because it seems very scary. For me, I always think that hell is complete and utter Godlessness, no chance for salvation or comfort. Evil is real, but you don't have focus on it.

Mischa

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,619 9 31
Alleybux
yellagirl3658 said:
The Bible says fear no one but God. If you believe in God, you won't have room to fear the devil. The devil is all around you everday. In peoples thoughts, actions, etc. Your faith must be bigger than your fear.

The church I grew up in, Pentecostal, was one of those churches where you see people shouting all the time, having revivals, and all that. I've seen demons cast out of peoples bodies. I'm here to tell you, the devil is REAL. He has an army of demons like God has an army of angels.

I have some real theories about the Pentecostal faith.

Cocaine

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,845 6 6
Alleybux
Mischa said:
I have some real theories about the Pentecostal faith.
It was actually Church of God In Christ, but for some reason Pentecostal was thrown in front of that......What are your theories? I'm Baptist now so I bet this convo is gonna be good.

Mischa

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,619 9 31
Alleybux
yellagirl3658 said:
It was actually Church of God In Christ, but for some reason Pentecostal was thrown in front of that......What are your theories? I'm Baptist now so I bet this convo is gonna be good.

I have a theory that Luciferianism is emeshed in this religion and that there is an occult side to it that most people don't know about. I will say more but I am at work multi-tasking. Tell me about your perceptions, I am interested.

Cocaine

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,845 6 6
Alleybux
Mischa said:
I have a theory that Luciferianism is emeshed in this religion and that there is an occult side to it that most people don't know about. I will say more but I am at work multi-tasking. Tell me about your perceptions, I am interested.
I don't know if it's safe to say that there's an occult side to it. But I will say that (and this isn't speaking for all, just my experience) in the church I grew up in, it was a very down-home'ish, country, church til 3pm on Sundays kind of church and they made sure that we knew that demons can and do possess people and whenever there was a church service where something like that was apparent, we wouldn't leave church until that demon was expelled and we prayed over everyone in the church that it didn't soul skip into anyone else.

Is this kinda what you had in mind???

I'm at work too, DANGIT!!!!

Mischa

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,619 9 31
Alleybux
yellagirl3658 said:
I don't know if it's safe to say that there's an occult side to it. But I will say that (and this isn't speaking for all, just my experience) in the church I grew up in, it was a very down-home'ish, country, church til 3pm on Sundays kind of church and they made sure that we knew that demons can and do possess people and whenever there was a church service where something like that was apparent, we wouldn't leave church until that demon was expelled and we prayed over everyone in the church that it didn't soul skip into anyone else.

Is this kinda what you had in mind???

I'm at work too, DANGIT!!!!

Yeah, I think they dabble in the invitation of "spirits" invite them and try to make distinctions between good and bad and "possession" and I definitely see that as Luciferianism, but those that don't know that this is how this belief works would not know. They are all through organized religion, just in different faces.

Cocaine

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,845 6 6
Alleybux
Mischa said:
Yeah, I think they dabble in the invitation of "spirits" invite them and try to make distinctions between good and bad and "possession" and I definitely see that as Luciferianism, but those that don't know that this is how this belief works would not know. They are all through organized religion, just in different faces.
I can say that I have heard them asking demons what their names are. I remember once when I was a kid, we were at a revival, and the missionary was casting a demon out of a girl (I dont remember the girl too much, though) and when she asked it what it's name was, it said "Asthma" and it was growling and had her foaming at the mouth, her eyes were sticking out of her head almost. It was scary. We were always taught to hold on to the Bible and say "The Blood of Jesus" over and over to stay protected.

Mischa

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,619 9 31
Alleybux
yellagirl3658 said:
I can say that I have heard them asking demons what their names are. I remember once when I was a kid, we were at a revival, and the missionary was casting a demon out of a girl (I dont remember the girl too much, though) and when she asked it what it's name was, it said "Asthma" and it was growling and had her foaming at the mouth, her eyes were sticking out of her head almost. It was scary. We were always taught to hold on to the Bible and say "The Blood of Jesus" over and over to stay protected.

Ever wonder where the demons go and why there always present at this Penecostal events? I happen to believe there is a lot of possessions in the Penecostal belief and that they are manipulated by these entities.

Cocaine

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,845 6 6
Alleybux
Mischa said:
Ever wonder where the demons go and why there always present at this Penecostal events? I happen to believe there is a lot of possessions in the Penecostal belief and that they are manipulated by these entities.
Well, from what I was taught, demons can only exist in a soul so once it's cast out of one body, it will jump to another one, not necessarily in the same room, but it will search for another one. I was told even the demons dont wanna go back to Hell. That was the reason we were taught to hold on to the Bible and plead the blood of Jesus when someone was casting a demon out. I don't believe it's just with Pentecostal churches though. That I'll disagree with. Baptist churches where my granny grew up did it, other Church of God In Christ's did it. I wouldn't call them Pentecostal "events". Anytime I've ever seen a demon cast out of a person, it's been at a regular church service or revival and the person has come through the prayer request line. Now, the transition from regular prayer to casting out demons, I don't know. But it wasn't "Get the Demon's Out of YOU" night or anything like that. And it wasn't all the time either. Maybe 4 or 5 times when I was growing up.

Mischa

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,619 9 31
Alleybux
yellagirl3658 said:
Well, from what I was taught, demons can only exist in a soul so once it's cast out of one body, it will jump to another one, not necessarily in the same room, but it will search for another one. I was told even the demons dont wanna go back to Hell. That was the reason we were taught to hold on to the Bible and plead the blood of Jesus when someone was casting a demon out. I don't believe it's just with Pentecostal churches though. That I'll disagree with. Baptist churches where my granny grew up did it, other Church of God In Christ's did it. I wouldn't call them Pentecostal "events". Anytime I've ever seen a demon cast out of a person, it's been at a regular church service or revival and the person has come through the prayer request line. Now, the transition from regular prayer to casting out demons, I don't know. But it wasn't "Get the Demon's Out of YOU" night or anything like that. And it wasn't all the time either. Maybe 4 or 5 times when I was growing up.

You were taught that demons only exist inside someone else? Wow, I have never heard that and I most certainly don't believe it, but people are entitled to their own belief. Yes, I have seen some of the more occult oriented Baptists acting like this, however, most won't even deal with the idea that they are dealing in the occult, although a few will. I went to a Baptist church in Nigeria, I was stunned, I actually got up and waited outside until that part was over.

Cocaine

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,845 6 6
Alleybux
Mischa said:
You were taught that demons only exist inside someone else? Wow, I have never heard that and I most certainly don't believe it, but people are entitled to their own belief. Yes, I have seen some of the more occult oriented Baptists acting like this, however, most won't even deal with the idea that they are dealing in the occult, although a few will. I went to a Baptist church in Nigeria, I was stunned, I actually got up and waited outside until that part was over.
No, misunderstanding.....I was taught that if someone had a demon in them and it was exorcised, it is unable to survive out of a body, therefore it has to find another soul to get into. It can't just wander around in the air.

I don't believe for one second that all exorcising of demons is being part of an occult. I can say that Pentecostals do it more than I've seen anyone else, but I don't think it makes them an occult for it.

LOL, you were in Nigeria!!! I'm pretty sure their church services are far different from ours.

Shuga Slim

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
877 1
Alleybux
yellagirl3658 said:
No, misunderstanding.....I was taught that if someone had a demon in them and it was exorcised, it is unable to survive out of a body, therefore it has to find another soul to get into. It can't just wander around in the air.

I don't believe for one second that all exorcising of demons is being part of an occult. I can say that Pentecostals do it more than I've seen anyone else, but I don't think it makes them an occult for it.

LOL, you were in Nigeria!!! I'm pretty sure their church services are far different from ours.

The practices might be different, but I'd venture a guess the origins are the same... just saying.

But I don't believe demons/the devil/satan are individual entities, just one big ol' evil force...

Cocaine

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,845 6 6
Alleybux
Slymguudi said:
The practices might be different, but I'd venture a guess the origins are the same... just saying.

But I don't believe demons/the devil/satan are individual entities, just one big ol' evil force...
They are all one evil force, ITA. Evil=the devil=little devils=demons....they all stem from one word, evil.

Mischa

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
3,619 9 31
Alleybux
Slymguudi said:

So let me get this straight, you believe in Satan the Devil and you believe in demons, but you do not believe they are different. Do you believe that God and his angels are the same force? That's where I am confused how people can come to these conclusions. Even in the bible they talk about angels that fell from heaven and challenged God, that took on the form of humans and had babies with true humans. I am just curious why you think they are all one entity?

Cocaine

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
14,845 6 6
Alleybux
Mischa said:
So let me get this straight, you believe in Satan the Devil and you believe in demons, but you do not believe they are different. Do you believe that God and his angels are the same force? That's where I am confused how people can come to these conclusions. Even in the bible they talk about angels that fell from heaven and challenged God, that took on the form of humans and had babies with true humans. I am just curious why you think they are all one entity?
Mischa, I think she means that they all stem from something evil....at least that's what I got and thats what I co-signed on. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Culture

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom