Quantcast

I just finished The Sopranos for the first time and I need someone to talk to!

Dollface4evs

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,331 6,463 942
Alleybux
I’m the slowest TV watcher of all time. It takes me years to finish a series. I started Dexter in October 2018 and im on the second to last season with no intent to keep watching (I hear it’s not worth it so just summarize it for me if you have watched it). I’m at the part when Debra finds out it was Dexter. Anyways I digress...

I finished The Sopranos in the matter of months. That goes to show how much I loved it. Hands down one of the best shows I’ve watched. I need to DRAG AND APPRECIATE SOME CHARACTERS GOD DAMNIT!

First off let’s start with b!tch Tony Soprano
4B3A397B-D85E-4F50-8F1A-4301AD2080BC.jpeg

I HATE HIM! I’m shocked people like him... he was one of the whiniest little b!tch boy characters of all time! Every time he complained and yelled I wanted to wring his neck. His therapy bitching sessions and the way he took his anger out on innocent people like Georgie from Bada Bing or randoms was disgusting. When him and Ralphie fought I wanted Ralphie to kill him even though I wanted Ralphie dead too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: An amazing well written anti hero. He really set the stage for a lot of characters to follow him.

Johnny Sack
9971DD8D-5DDB-4CB2-A885-B910142EF16C.jpeg

One of the best actors on the show. I loved his dedicated to his wife and the way he almost killed Ralphie over disrespecting her. The way he played Paulie like a fiddle and wasn’t afraid to stand up to Tony was remarkable. His demise to prison and his death was so sad. One of the best gangsters on the show.

Christopher Moltisanti
42B7F503-EFAF-475D-89D5-8D3C4ECDF8A9.png

Chris was a character I loved and hated at the same time. He was a smug loud mouth who was an alcoholic and relapsed a lot on drugs. His journey with AA and rehab was a nice plot line. The way he gave Adriana over Tony and then have Tony and his relationship fall out was one of the saddest parts of the later seasons. Their father and son relationship “He’s like a son” “He’s my successor” all to sh!t. It almost made me cry. Then for Tony and them to bully him when he stops doing drugs and hanging around the strip club only for Tony to kill him when he was driving high? Like he wasn’t the cause for the relapse! Chris’s entire story was so sad.

Carmela Soprano
68325CE1-A236-4990-BFE2-9C2B949D50AC.jpeg

I liked Carmela throughout the show. I wanted her to cheat on Tony so bad oh my god. Her and Furios little emotional affair! I hated that she threw it in Tony’s face making Furio never come back to America :( I loved him. When they separated I was so happy for her. Her little love story with AJs teacher was so nice, I thought she’d move on from Tony. I hate that she took him back and went back to enabling him. I hate how she played this religious Catholic card only to her advantage like her husband was a sociopath murderer gangster. She could’ve done better.

Paulie Walnuts
60CEB255-ADDF-468A-A9D9-B324D15AA01B.jpeg

I loved Paulie but he was so annoying too. He was so childish for someone so damn grown lol. He just wanted to fit in so badly. He was very insecure with the whole starting all the New York drama when he called Johnny in prison about the Ginny joke literally starting all the beef and drama with New York. I loved his loyalty to his money and Tony even though it was never reciprocated. I was so pissed when he disowned his mom but I’m happy they were able to make up when he got cancer. When Tony almost killed him on the boat was so damn scary. I’m sad he was the only one left standing.
Vito Spatafore
CF41D54A-2295-42F5-B678-3E39A5AFC1A7.jpeg

It was weird how they made him so relevant in one of the last seasons with the gay storyline. I hated him since he killed Jackie Jr but I was so shocked when he was caught sucking dick by Meadows boyfriend. Then he was caught at the club and forced out to New Hampshire in that cute little town. I thought he was gonna live a cute little life with that one guy he met at the diner but NOOOOO HIS FAT ASS WORKED FOR ONE DAY AND COULDNT HANDLE IT and ran back to New Jersey to get killed by Phil o_O like wtf. He knew it was a death sentence. He was a dumbass.

Janice Soprano
469DA97F-1090-4A92-BA06-92B52F5B1566.jpeg

This b!tch was so annoying oh my god. First she was a hippy who had ditched her kid and changed her name to Priya or whatever, then she became a Christian musician. She ran through the crew, she was with Richie (I loved when she killed him though lol), Ralphie, then poor Bobby when his wife died and she forced herself on him and the kids and even got pregnant again, whole time her son Harpo is god knows where. I loved her fights with Tony lol. Speaking of Bobby his death was so dumb and uncalled for imo. I loved him :cry:

I can’t keep writing forever but yeah, I also loved Meadow, Adriana, Sil, Uncle Junior, Phil Leotardo, A.J. I don’t see the hate for him, he started annoying me when Blanca dumped him he went apeshit crazy but before that I just thought he was some slow innocent dumb kid.

Oh let me add, Dr Melfi was a horrible therapist. She literally didn’t help Anthony at all over those 7 years. She was just intrigued by him so she kept him around. Remember when her own therapist (who was a b!tch in his own right ugh) told her to drop him and she was about to then she didn’t? Then her therapist called her out in front of all her therapist friends for enabling him so she dropped it like like a hot potato the second the last episode like wtf...

Last edited:

RobotParrot

The Desert Never Lies
Reaction score
Reactions
26,220 227 64
Alleybux
Girl, now you making me want to watch it again. Took me ages to jump in, but i got in while it was still on the air and damn if that series didn't put me through the MF wringer!

Dollface4evs

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,331 6,463 942
Alleybux
Girl, now you making me want to watch it again. Took me ages to jump in, but i got in while it was still on the air and damn if that series didn't put me through the MF wringer!
I literally finished it last night and I already want to rewatch it. It’s so damn good!

Jenniangel

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
107,088 4,501 1,509
Alleybux
I’m the slowest TV watcher of all time. It takes me years to finish a series. I started Dexter in October 2018 and im on the second to last season with no intent to keep watching (I hear it’s not worth it so just summarize it for me if you have watched it). I’m at the part when Debra finds out it was Dexter. Anyways I digress...

I finished The Sopranos in the matter of months. That goes to show how much I loved it. Hands down one of the best shows I’ve watched. I need to DRAG AND APPRECIATE SOME CHARACTERS GOD DAMNIT!

First off let’s start with b!tch Tony Soprano
View attachment 1683193

I HATE HIM! I’m shocked people like him... he was one of the whiniest little b!tch boy characters of all time! Every time he complained and yelled I wanted to wring his neck. His therapy bitching sessions and the way he took his anger out on innocent people like Georgie from Bada Bing or randoms was disgusting. When him and Ralphie fought I wanted Ralphie to kill him even though I wanted Ralphie dead too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: An amazing well written anti hero. He really set the stage for a lot of characters to follow him.

Johnny Sack
View attachment 1683197
One of the best actors on the show. I loved his dedicated to his wife and the way he almost killed Ralphie over disrespecting her. The way he played Paulie like a fiddle and wasn’t afraid to stand up to Tony was remarkable. His demise to prison and his death was so sad. One of the best gangsters on the show.

Christopher Moltisanti
View attachment 1683205
Chris was a character I loved and hated at the same time. He was a smug loud mouth who was an alcoholic and relapsed a lot on drugs. His journey with AA and rehab was a nice plot line. The way he gave Adriana over Tony and then have Tony and his relationship fall out was one of the saddest parts of the later seasons. Their father and son relationship “He’s like a son” “He’s my successor” all to sh!t. It almost made me cry. Then for Tony and them to bully him when he stops doing drugs and hanging around the strip club only for Tony to kill him when he was driving high? Like he wasn’t the cause for the relapse! Chris’s entire story was so sad.

Carmela Soprano
View attachment 1683222
I liked Carmela throughout the show. I wanted her to cheat on Tony so bad oh my god. Her and Furios little emotional affair! I hated that she threw it in Tony’s face making Furio never come back to America :( I loved him. When they separated I was so happy for her. Her little love story with AJs teacher was so nice, I thought she’d move on from Tony. I hate that she took him back and went back to enabling him. I hate how she played this religious Catholic card only to her advantage like her husband was a sociopath murderer gangster. She could’ve done better.

Paulie Walnuts
View attachment 1683229
I loved Paulie but he was so annoying too. He was so childish for someone so damn grown lol. He just wanted to fit in so badly. He was very insecure with the whole starting all the New York drama when he called Johnny in prison about the Ginny joke literally starting all the beef and drama with New York. I loved his loyalty to his money and Tony even though it was never reciprocated. I was so pissed when he disowned his mom but I’m happy they were able to make up when he got cancer. When Tony almost killed him on the boat was so damn scary. I’m sad he was the only one left standing.
Vito Spatafore
View attachment 1683236
It was weird how they made him so relevant in one of the last seasons with the gay storyline. I hated him since he killed Jackie Jr but I was so shocked when he was caught sucking dick by Meadows boyfriend. Then he was caught at the club and forced out to New Hampshire in that cute little town. I thought he was gonna live a cute little life with that one guy he met at the diner but NOOOOO HIS FAT ASS WORKED FOR ONE DAY AND COULDNT HANDLE IT and ran back to New Jersey to get killed by Phil o_O like wtf. He knew it was a death sentence. He was a dumbass.

Janice Soprano
View attachment 1683247
This b!tch was so annoying oh my god. First she was a hippy who had ditched her kid and changed her name to Priya or whatever, then she became a Christian musician. She ran through the crew, she was with Richie (I loved when she killed him though lol), Ralphie, then poor Bobby when his wife died and she forced herself on him and the kids and even got pregnant again, whole time her son Harpo is god knows where. I loved her fights with Tony lol. Speaking of Bobby his death was so dumb and uncalled for imo. I loved him :cry:

I can’t keep writing forever but yeah, I also loved Meadow, Adriana, Sil, Uncle Junior, Phil Leotardo, A.J. I don’t see the hate for him, he started annoying me when Blanca dumped him he went apeshit crazy but before that I just thought he was some slow innocent dumb kid.

Oh let me add, Dr Melfi was a horrible therapist. She literally didn’t help Anthony at all over those 7 years. She was just intrigued by him so she kept him around. Remember when her own therapist (who was a b!tch in his own right ugh) told her to drop him and she was about to then she didn’t? Then her therapist called her out in front of all her therapist friends for enabling him so she dropped it like like a hot potato the second the last episode like wtf...
LOL. I would comment but it’s been so darn long ago since the series finale!

MimiLuvs...

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
184,466 4,633 535
Alleybux
I stopped watching after the episode when Joe Pantiliano's character killed the woman he was messing with. The dancer from Bada Bing!

cubum

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,223 619 1,814
Alleybux
It’s a good show and I’m on the last season but I don’t mind the spoilers. I really hated the characters which is a good thing because a lot of fictional mob characters tend to be romanticized

Dollface4evs

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,331 6,463 942
Alleybux
No comment on OG Uncle Jr???
I wanted to but my fingers hurt lol! I loved Junior! In the beginning I hated him but he grew on me so much. I thought he was hilarious. I loved every scene he was in. I like how he stopped caring about the mob life and just chilled and let Tony get the role he so desperately wanted. I like how he finessed the jury and got out by faking dementia and I thought him shooting Tony was hilarious. I hated how they ostracized him like he’s old and has dementia! The psych scenes with the Asian guy were good. When Tony came to visit him it was so sad at the end. Junior was my favorite Soprano.

Dollface4evs

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,331 6,463 942
Alleybux
Did you "get" the ending?
I thought it was so odd! Meadow walks in and it fades to black? I looked up theories online and they’re saying that Tony died. I wanted Tony dead but I was wondering how the writers were gonna write that in the last episode. I think their ambiguous open ended finale was so people could come to their own conclusions and “like” whatever they think rather than one ending where some love it or some hate it. Honestly maybe it was for the best it didn’t end with a cringey “main character gets shot” ending.

MissStush

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
Reactions
48,619 888 209
Alleybux
I think about the situation between Christopher and Adriana often.

Her death was one of the ground breaking ones imo.

Forsyte

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,431 247 101
Alleybux
Its one of the best shows in modern history. I like how David Chase didn't skirt around the the fact that Tony and his crew used black gangsters for some of their dirty work and still thought themselves better. I always liked when Meadow called them out on their hypocrisy too, but she ended up disappointing me the most. Every time it looked like she was going to break free, she came back with the "poor Italians back in the days...", speech. Knowing damn well all she got came from blood money.

I wasn't mad about Jackie Jr. He was cute but what a dumbass. Should've just sat there and watched Basic Instinct for a 2nd time. I liked Furio, "You got a bee on your hat!"

I felt bad for Christopher as well. He tried to get sober, but Tony, being too much like his mom, couldn't let him have any happiness. He told Christopher to be normal while his psychotic ass was sittin up in therapy for years. Too bad about Adriana, she was literally a ride or die.

Janice was a b!tch! I can't believe she got what she wanted in the end (sort of). I was happy when those Russians slapped her around. I also hated Carmela. She knew exactly what she signed up for and she wanted to whine about it all the time. That therapist told her to stop spending Tony's money and she ignored him.

Overall its one of my favorite shows. There's a lot of funny episodes.

Dollface4evs

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,331 6,463 942
Alleybux
I think about the situation between Christopher and Adriana often.

Her death was one of the ground breaking ones imo.
It was so damn sad. Adrianas demise was so heartbreaking. The stress and stomach problems it caused her... she did everything for Chris and he threw it back in her face by having Tony kill her. When Sil turned into the forest I started crying because I knew and she knew it was over for her. When she was on her hands and knees crawling away and Sil killed her :( so damn sad. And Kelli got the marriage and baby like Adriana was promised and strung alone for the entire damn show.

Dollface4evs

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,331 6,463 942
Alleybux
Its one of the best shows in modern history. I like how David Chase didn't skirt around the the fact that Tony and his crew used black gangsters for some of their dirty work and still thought themselves better. I always liked when Meadow called them out on their hypocrisy too, but she ended up disappointing me the most. Every time it looked like she was going to break free, she came back with the "poor Italians back in the days...", speech. Knowing damn well all she got came from blood money.

I wasn't mad about Jackie Jr. He was cute but what a dumbass. Should've just sat there and watched Basic Instinct for a 2nd time. I liked Furio, "You got a bee on your hat!"

I felt bad for Christopher as well. He tried to get sober, but Tony, being too much like his mom, couldn't let him have any happiness. He told Christopher to be normal while his psychotic ass was sittin up in therapy for years. Too bad about Adriana, she was literally a ride or die.

Janice was a b!tch! I can't believe she got what she wanted in the end (sort of). I was happy when those Russians slapped her around. I also hated Carmela. She knew exactly what she signed up for and she wanted to whine about it all the time. That therapist told her to stop spending Tony's money and she ignored him.

I felt bad for Jackie Jr because he just wanted to become his dad, remember he used to be the boss. Considering how much Tony idolized his dad I thought he’d take him under his wing. He was an idiot though and his death was inevitable but it was so sad. He was playing chess with that little black girl, then went outside just to die :( I felt bad for him in the end.

HiValueMan

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,033 2,145 1,147
Alleybux
HBO was crushing everybody w/its original programming back in the early 2000's. Then ShoTime recently knocked them for their position.

Anyway, Tony did some cry baby sh!t. But my 3 favorite Tony moments was when he stomped out Coco for insulting his daughter. You could see Tony flying into a rage when Meadow was re-counting the story, but keeping his composure in front of her. Then when he entered their hangout, I was like, "Yeah! Whoop that b!tch!"

Then when he took Meadow for college orientation, and strangled that snitch hiding out in the woods, and dude tried to use sympathy, and Tony told him, "You know w/us wise guys, the hustle never stops."

Then revealing to Melfi what occurred the night his cousin got arrested, and how he was supposed to be there but had a panic attack due to an argument w/Livia. I actually carried around some guilt like that for a few yrs.

But The Sopranos was great writing and had classic comedic moments.

CeCe24

Watching great chefs of the world
Reaction score
Reactions
35,581 821 218
Alleybux
I wish Adriana stuck around more. Her character was a breath of fresh and funny air.

Trismegistus

Trismegistus = thrice greater than an NPC
Reaction score
Reactions
25,289 2,988 643
Alleybux
I liked Carmela throughout the show. I wanted

Interesting. Carmela was the female reflection of her husband (remember how she got the recommendation letter for her daughter?) but was a hypocrite about it. Tony knew he was a psychopath and behaved accordingly, whereas she hid behind her Catholic religion and constantly judged his lifestyle whilst benefiting from it. She was an interesting departure from your typical mob wife (right down to the blonde hair and blue eyes) so for that reason only, I tolerated her character.

RetroFan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,181 88 16
Alleybux

I always wonder if Bobby either truly loved her or if he was simply yearning for a mother figure for his children. Especially since their biological mother had passed on. That pairing seemed random. Considering Janice's personality, she literally had no redeeming qualities at all. So it puzzles me as to what in the hell Bobby could've seen in her.

Tomorrow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,543 224 200
Alleybux
I hated Janice right up until she put three in that ****** sweater for slapping her.

Mucho props for that sh!t. I loved her after that.

Edit: I appreciated her reluctance to be a victim. Just saying.... She IS a Soprano after all, dude was stupid to test her.

Dollface4evs

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,331 6,463 942
Alleybux
I always wonder if Bobby either truly loved her or if he was simply yearning for a mother figure for his children. Especially since their biological mother had passed on. That pairing seemed random. Considering Janice's personality, she literally had no redeeming qualities at all. So it puzzles me as to what in the hell Bobby could've seen in her.
His wife died and Janice was with him everyday, feeding and him and his kids and playing the “mom” role and even got pissed when he kept visiting Karen’s grave. She mooched off his grief and then he used her to climb up the ranking and become a made guy

Dollface4evs

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,331 6,463 942
Alleybux
Interesting. Carmela was the female reflection of her husband (remember how she got the recommendation letter for her daughter?) but was a hypocrite about it. Tony knew he was a psychopath and behaved accordingly, whereas she hid behind her Catholic religion and constantly judged his lifestyle whilst benefiting from it. She was an interesting departure from your typical mob wife (right down to the blonde hair and blue eyes) so for that reason only, I tolerated her character.
She was a hypocrite. Remember when the Jewish therapist dragged her for her enabling Tony? I still preferred her over Tony though and was always on her side during their fights.

JoyDarlene

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,504 151 415
Alleybux
My mother LOVED these sociopaths!! I could never understand it.

But the ChristaPHAH-Adriana plot line was so tragic!

I did love how the Sons of Anarchy referenced it. "You thought I was gonna Adriana you?"

Girl, you need to watch The Wire.

RetroFan

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,181 88 16
Alleybux
It was so damn sad. Adrianas demise was so heartbreaking. The stress and stomach problems it caused her... she did everything for Chris and he threw it back in her face by having Tony kill her. When Sil turned into the forest I started crying because I knew and she knew it was over for her. When she was on her hands and knees crawling away and Sil killed her :( so damn sad. And Kelli got the marriage and baby like Adriana was promised and strung alone for the entire damn show.

I can't forget the episode where Carmela and Rosalie were vacationing in Paris and Carmela had a dream about Adriana.

Dollface4evs

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,331 6,463 942
Alleybux
My mother LOVED these sociopaths!! I could never understand it.

But the ChristaPHAH-Adriana plot line was so tragic!

I did love how the Sons of Anarchy referenced it. "You thought I was gonna Adriana you?"

Girl, you need to watch The Wire.
I heard it’s good. Should I watch it next? I just started the Hulu show “Little Fires Everywhere”.

Dollface4evs

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
98,331 6,463 942
Alleybux
I can't forget the episode where Carmela and Rosalie were vacationing in Paris and Carmela had a dream about Adriana.
And remember how Carmela would always question Tony and even Chris about Adrianas strange disappearance and even was gonna here a private investigator but dropped it all for a spec house? I hated how she didn’t look into it further.

StableGenius

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,753 1,459 939
Alleybux
There was nothing likeable about Chris. I literally wanted him to die so much earlier in the series just for how horrible he abused Adrianna.

PopCultureFiend

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,516 58 26
Alleybux
The show was so good. Thanks OP for the memories. I hated Janice she was so conniving & manipulative.