Quantcast

I might be pregnant and I am scared

Yeyo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,717 59 9
Alleybux
For the past few days, I have been feeling ill and showing pregnancy symptoms. I have been experiencing chills, loss of appetite, nausea, sensitivity to smell and I missed my period last month. I always played with the idea of being a mom and I did think I was ready to be a mom, but now that it is happening, I am scared.

I just took an at home pregnancy test and I got one dark control line and a faint line. At first, I thought I was negative but I took a second look and I read that a faint line means you're pregnant due to the hcg hormone being present. I guess there is nothing I can do now, but to suck it up and deal with the consequences. I am scared as hell. I thought I was ready, but I feel so down and depressed now. I hate feeling sick every day. I want to eat again. What if I don't want to be pregnant? What do I do? Is it too late? I feel ashamed.

Coconochanel

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
295,735 10,709 6,562
Alleybux
For the past few days, I have been feeling ill and showing pregnancy symptoms. I have been experiencing chills, loss of appetite, nausea, sensitivity to smell and I missed my period last month. I always played with the idea of being a mom and I did think I was ready to be a mom, but now that it is happening, I am scared.

I just took an at home pregnancy test and I got one dark control line and a faint line. At first, I thought I was negative but I took a second look and I read that a faint line means you're pregnant due to the hcg hormone being present. I guess there is nothing I can do now, but to suck it up and deal with the consequences. I am scared as hell. I thought I was ready, but I feel so down and depressed now. I hate feeling sick every day. I want to eat again. What if I don't want to be pregnant? What do I do? Is it too late? I feel ashamed.
Why do you regret planning your pregnancy?

Amandabby22

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
424,142 10,583 6,680
Alleybux
I guess there is nothing I can do now, but to suck it up and deal with the consequences.
You don’t have to be pregnant if you don’t want to.. it’s ultimately on you & up to you whether you decide to keep the baby or not.

But you can’t sit up here like you don’t have options when we all know you do.

Lolaland

Petitioning the APA to add "Stanning" to the DSM-5
Reaction score
Reactions
103,430 4,458 1,362
Alleybux
What exactly is making you feel scared?

It's not clear to me from your post but was this a planned pregnancy and you're just nervous, or was it completely unplanned and you're shocked it happened, hence the anxiety?

Yeyo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,717 59 9
Alleybux
What exactly is making you feel scared?

It's not clear to me from your post but was this a planned pregnancy and you're just nervous, or was it completely unplanned and you're shocked it happened, hence the anxiety?

It was planned, but I am not married yet. I felt like my time was running out, so I thought it would be the best time.

Yeyo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,717 59 9
Alleybux
Why don’t you just.... take another test?

I guess I'll take another one. I'll have to go the clinic over the weekend and take a blood test.

Lolaland

Reaction score
Reactions
103,430 4,458 1,362
Alleybux
It was planned, but I am not married yet. I felt like my time was running out, so I thought it would be the best time.
While I'm not a proponent of out-of-wedlock pregnancies, if it was planned, what exactly are you scared about?

Are you and the father together? Have you spoken about raising a family?

And if you don't mind me asking, how old are you that you felt like you were running out of time?

Honey JHive

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
203,671 6,884 3,836
Alleybux
Give it a few weeks. Don't make a quick decision. You don't have to tell anyone. Just mull it over in your head.

Yeyo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,717 59 9
Alleybux
While I'm not a proponent of out-of-wedlock pregnancies, if it was planned, what exactly are you scared about?

Are you and the father together? Have you spoken about raising a family?

And if you don't mind me asking, how old are you that you felt like you were running out of time?

I'm 32. Yes, we are together and discussed raising a family together. I'm scared of other people's opinions about my choice, especially my family. I'm scared I won't be responsible for my child and I'll have to make changes.

sweetfusion™

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
58,190 732 243
Alleybux
Well it is your decision whether you want to keep your child or not. Your feelings are normal I think whether its a planned or unplanned pregnancy. A lot changes with a woman when it comes to pregnacy and being a mother. Motherhood is definately an adjustment and as a first time mother, the changes that occur, etc can be scary because we never did it before.

How far along are you? Get a test at the doctors office. Check out how long you have to make a decision regarding an abortion if that is your choice. After a certain week, you wont be able to. Also, adoption is also a choice too.

Why are you afraid of your family knowing your choices? Is it because you and your child father aren't married? Our parents arent going to like our choices all the time but its our life. We are still in control of what happens regardless.

You will have to be responsible for your child and yes, make adjustments to your life. If you have your child, what you do affects them because its not all about you anymore. What changes are you afraid of? Did you make your choice to get pregnant from fear?

Lolaland

Reaction score
Reactions
103,430 4,458 1,362
Alleybux
I'm 32. Yes, we are together and discussed raising a family together. I'm scared of other people's opinions about my choice, especially my family. I'm scared I won't be responsible for my child and I'll have to make changes.
You're still way too young to have been thinking that you're running out of time. Anyway, take it easy and get a real test at the doctor so you can be sure.

If you have this child you'll definitely have to make changes in your life, but I'd like to think you already considered that and are prepared for it since you said this was a planned pregnancy. I really hope the father will stick around and help you out.

Good luck to you.

Legs

Don’t talk to me. Thanks.
Reaction score
Reactions
444,322 11,267 1,506
Alleybux
You are too old to care about other peoples opinions.