Quantcast

I need a new Profession

ChihulyGlass

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,600 1,464 715
Alleybux
My education journey began as a Substitute Teacher. Getting paid in Trident Layers got old. So I earned a Master's in Education. I have been in education for 13 years and it is no rewards just burnout. I wanted to make a difference, be a super teacher, a hero. That was a very narcissistic goal. It took me a while to figure this out. I am still trying to take the ego, out of serving. I have always wanted impact others since my brother passed away. My job is not rewarding. It is often met with stress, daily verbal abuse. I feel like my boundaries are overstepped everyday. I wish that I could tell the entire story. Just understand, I have been slandered, physically threatened with violence to the point of crippling panic attacks and alienated. Every summer I go through a major depression. During this time I relive every mistake or embarrassing moment in my life. It is as if I am being tortured in hell.

I made the decision that I wasn't positively impacting my students, so it was time for me to find another profession. Only thing is, I don't know what to do with my life. I wanted to be fashion designer, and showed potential. That was many years ago, that ship has sailed. I want to be in a situation where I am very financially comfortable. I don't want to make a teacher's salary anymore.

Sometimes, I still believe I am passionate about teaching, but I don't think this is the career for me.

Last edited:

Nubia2318

Sighs in Black Beauty
Reaction score
Reactions
77,864 1,385 683
Alleybux
Consult
Fundraise
Recruit/ talent development

Skills from teaching are super transferable you can do anything . Just apply

ChihulyGlass

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,600 1,464 715
Alleybux
Consult
Fundraise
Recruit/ talent development

Skills from teaching are super transferable you can do anything . Just apply
Girl, for real? I feel like I'm not qualified to do s.h.i.t. Excuse my French. People say that, but that Masters in Education doesn't translate well.

News Alley

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom