Quantcast

I regret listening to those scammers on twitter that said vaseline was bad for your face.

MissShawna

Do your ghetto antics know no bounds!?
Reaction score
Reactions
228,832 6,531 2,493
Alleybux
I can honestly say this does work. I knew a girl that used this every single day grade school and still does to this day. SHe was always shiny faced. She has the skin of a baby. No marks, scars, discolorations nothing just smooth and clear. Shes about 35 now and her skin looks soooo young

I wish I could link her photo here.

I use a moisturizer and Vaseline ..

Yep, it basically keeps your skin moisturized as you sleep. You wash, tone, hydrate, moisturize then a light layer of Aquaphor to seal it all in. You can also spot treat with Aquaphor. Heals acne without scarring and your skin will feel amazing.

Taloolo

headin back to the drawing board
Reaction score
Reactions
8,898 175 111
Alleybux
It used to be great for me when I was younger. My skin is acne prone now, so whenever I use Vaseline on my face I get extremely oily and begin to break out. I wish I could still use it though

LieslAlbrecht

Sometimes you feel like a nut…
Reaction score
Reactions
67,717 1,114 382
Alleybux
Vaseline too messy but damn good on chapped lips. Must be those 2% Euro genes cos I stay ashy if I don’t moisturize more than once a day. I’m talking three levels: oil, lotion, cream. I got fed up and got a tube of A & D like what my momma used when I was small. It’s over half petrolatum, with lanolin, cod liver oil, mineral oil, wax. Mostly I use it on my hot spots, like my cheeks, feet, and arms.

Spiro and a $300 treatment cleared me up but dried everything. I switched back to Korean products that work with my combo skin. A&D doesn’t break me out after treating the hormonal acne. Would I cover my entire face with it? Hell to the no. Find what works best for you. What might be right for you, may not be right for some.

Reaction score
Reactions
2,987 88 2
Alleybux
I haven't seen my mama use anything other than vaseline for her skin since I've been born and now she has the skin of a 30 year old at 60.
I've recently taken it up too lol

lover86

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,825 658 141
Alleybux
I have dry skin and I can't see myself doing this at all. I love aquaphor and I use it on my feet, hands and lips and that's it.

I am happy it works for some people though.
now that is something I can vouch for as a person with sensitive skin

ikn1wchi

Judging you.
Reaction score
Reactions
42,919 2,415 1,867
Alleybux
again once FACTs and experience are presented, you have nothing left to say.

A quick checks shows you've had terrible acne. Who are you calling pizza face with all that PIH you likely have.

I've never had to take medicatation for my acne, love.

My actual dermatologist is a MD/PhD by the way, not some random pontification online :disdain

You are ANNOYING.

Badassery xx

Sure don't give a damn!
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
47,496 831 193
Alleybux
old thread I know but I always run back to vaseline when expensive skincare fucks up my skin.

I've been using it for my lips and they look so good and aren't pealing like they usually do.

I'm going to try using it for my face. My friend that's been using it on her face for years has damn near perfect skin.

deep1

Serial Thanker
Reaction score
Reactions
161,561 5,565 5,239
Alleybux
I mean it depends on skin type. Of course it would be fine for dry or mature skin, not oily skin. People need to know their skin type.

I use it on my feet, personally I prefer coconut oil around my eyes at night. May try vaseline on my face to see how that goes.

SweetNique

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,794 2,124 1,854
Alleybux
I never had bad skin but I did use Noxema and Buff Puff growing up because I thought it would save my face from getting really bad one day. I 1st started having dry skin in high school and used Vaseline because the lotion I had was cheap and water based and I was right back ashy as soon as I got on the bus,lol. That vaseline really has gave my skin a golden glow over the years and no laugh lines or wrinkles at 36 yet.

drunkghost

turn down for what
Reaction score
Reactions
943 48 32
Alleybux
If it works for you, it works for you. I'm a big believer in everyone having a certain need for their skin and some things not working for them. For example, I only use vaseline on eyebrows and eyelashes when I want to highlight them without the use of mascara or eyelids for shine. Sometimes though it will give me a pimple under my eyebrow. It's true though you can use many things people advise you against. I remember using baby oil and vaseline before then switched over to coconut oil and rosehip oil. Lately my skin is not liking too much moisturize. I had a lot of fly aways and frizz starting using unscented raw shea butter. I was loving my hair but I was not loving the fact it was giving me little bumps on my scalp and little tiny not that visible pimples on my forehead. Now, I'm still trying to regulate my skin with manuka honey masks in the AM. It depends on the weather, hormones, and the state of your skin to dictate what it needs. It's why I don't dare dive into korean skincare again. Last time I did that before BBcream became hype in the states I had to stop using products because it made me break out. I do remember snail mucin being a blessing and a curse. Skin like glass... I was working with kids at the time. They would not let me live it down how shiny I was.

Reaction score
Reactions
695 172 2
Alleybux
Vaseline my face damn near every night!
Vaseline is great for sealing in moisturise and protecting your skin from dry air at night

Trending Threads

News Alley

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom