Quantcast

I want o to be get married

Highfivesucka

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
23,733 968 768
Alleybux
I’m not here trying to be with every woman I come across. I don’t want flings or one-night stands, bar hook-ups
But I want a stable long-term relationship. But I’m losing hope fast I’m in my late 30s I rarely go out anymore (mostly working) and the friends I did spend time with have moved on gotten married started families.

I feel like marriage is about as likely as becoming the President of the United States.

Anyone else in a similar boat or has any suggestions/tips?

forbiddenbarn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,558 1,981 698
Alleybux
I’m not here trying to be with every woman I come across. I don’t want flings or one-night stands, bar hook-ups
But I want a stable long-term relationship. But I’m losing hope fast I’m in my late 30s I rarely go out anymore (mostly working) and the friends I did spend time with have moved on gotten married started families.

I feel like marriage is about as likely as becoming the President of the United States.

Are you a man?

Head on over to Jane Doe/Romance Alley

Your DMs will be full by the end of the night

juulsee

Lurking
Reaction score
Reactions
39,041 1,185 474
Alleybux
My usual response is to go out, take a class: art, yoga or volunteer to meet people in casual settings. But that's not an option right now :rosedead

But maybe call one your aunties or cousins who knows someone. Go old school.

La Boheme

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
41,406 1,093 228
Alleybux
Then put yourself out there. Go on dating sites that are geared towards more serious users (Hinge, bumble, cmb) and get social. What is stopping you from doing that? Otherwise, sign up for local group activities....but I find if you're worried about filtering and being more purposeful, dating sites may be a better bet. Try both.

Also, are you economically ready to get married? At late 30s, women are going to expect you to court them more seriously. And that'll mean effort on your part, emotionally mentally and financially.

BoujeeBae

If there is no way, create one.
Reaction score
Reactions
55,619 848 198
Alleybux
Are you a man?

Head on over to Jane Doe/Romance Alley

Your DMs will be full by the end of the night

:sneaky:
tenor-156.gif

upload_2020-6-4_5-37-45.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

AloneNLonely

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,259 3,875 3,391
Alleybux

If your a man you must be really picky and dissed some good ones. It’s not hard for men to find a wife

Highfivesucka

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
23,733 968 768
Alleybux
If your a man you must be really picky and dissed some good ones. It’s not hard for men to find a wife

I’m not a man

Then put yourself out there. Go on dating sites that are geared towards more serious users (Hinge, bumble, cmb) and get social. What is stopping you from doing that? Otherwise, sign up for local group activities....but I find if you're worried about filtering and being more purposeful, dating sites may be a better bet. Try both.

Also, are you economically ready to get married? At late 30s, women are going to expect you to court them more seriously. And that'll mean effort on your part, emotionally mentally and financially.

I make a good living the only thing I’ve been lackadaisical about is buying a house. I was going to buy a few years ago but never settled anything changed careers etc. But yes I’m fully capable of courting on a serious level.

Highfivesucka

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
23,733 968 768
Alleybux
My usual response is to go out, take a class: art, yoga or volunteer to meet people in casual settings. But that's not an option right now :rosedead

But maybe call one your aunties or cousins who knows someone. Go old school.

On paper that sounds great but I work a lot. So committing to a class at least in the near future wouldn’t be the best ideal.

AloneNLonely

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,259 3,875 3,391
Alleybux
I’m not a man

I make a good living the only thing I’ve been lackadaisical about is buying a house. I was going to buy a few years ago but never settled anything changed careers etc. But yes I’m fully capable of courting on a serious level.
Then it’s slim chances at this point

Games

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,934 3,665 3,118
Alleybux
Hello, OP. Have you tried the Meetup website? They have online events where you can get to know and fellowship with Black lesbians here in the DMV area. If you are not in the DMV area, then I would suggest you joining Black Lesbian Love Lab on Facebook. They have a group of Black lesbian women from all over the USA. That would be a nice environment for you to fellowship and meet your wife.

Also, have you manifested your wife? Have you written down the qualities she will have?

Highfivesucka

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
23,733 968 768
Alleybux
Hello, OP. Have you tried the Meetup website? They have online events where you can get to know and fellowship with Black lesbians here in the DMV area. If you are not in the DMV area, then I would suggest you joining Black Lesbian Love Lab on Facebook. They have a group of Black lesbian women from all over the USA. That would be a nice environment for you to fellowship and meet your wife.

Also, have you manifested your wife? Have you written down the qualities she will have?

I’m in NYC so I may have luck in finding decent meet-up groups. Believe me after going through hook-ups, heartbreaks, and everything in between I have a pretty established list in what I’m looking for in a wife. But between working in a heavily male dominated field, lesbian spaces becoming far and few between meeting dateable women has become a challenge. I’m not really into the apps the few times I’ve gone on them most of the women were either looking for a threesome, tourists (fake bisexuals), trans, or women looking to build up their social media profile.

Games

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,934 3,665 3,118
Alleybux
I’m in NYC so I may have luck in finding decent meet-up groups. Believe me after going through hook-ups, heartbreaks, and everything in between I have a pretty established list in what I’m looking for in a wife. But between working in a heavily male dominated field, lesbian spaces becoming far and few between meeting dateable women has become a challenge. I’m not really into the apps the few times I’ve gone on them most of the women were either looking for a threesome, tourists (fake bisexuals), trans, or women looking to build up their social media profile.

Perfect, NYC has a strong presence on Meetup. Perhaps you can incorporate a few vacation days into your schedule, like once a month to be able to attend the events or attend the online events on the weekend. Is this something you can do?

Meetup has lezzie book clubs, lezzie movie clubs, lezzie restaurant clubs, etc. Your wife is waiting for you to attend them.

Highfivesucka

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
23,733 968 768
Alleybux
Perfect, NYC has a strong presence on Meetup. Perhaps you can incorporate a few vacation days into your schedule, like once a month to be able to attend the events or attend the online events on the weekend. Is this something you can do?

Meetup has lezzie book clubs, lezzie movie clubs, lezzie restaurant clubs, etc. Your wife is waiting for you to attend them.

I actually have a scheduled vacation coming up so I might look around see if there is any interesting groups. Quick question these meet-ups is it mostly groups of friends joining doing activities or is it the type of group that a bunch of strangers meet-up? I’m asking because if I go solodolo will I stick out like a sore thumb?

Games

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,934 3,665 3,118
Alleybux
I actually have a scheduled vacation coming up so I might look around see if there is any interesting groups. Quick question these meet-ups is it mostly groups of friends joining doing activities or is it the type of group that a bunch of strangers meet-up? I’m asking because if I go solodolo will I stick out like a sore thumb?

The Meetups are for strangers to meet and get to know each other better. You won't stick out. Everyone comes solo.