I was surprised to find Islam wasn’t that old

Antagonist
Reactions
86,371 5,741 6,461
Alleybux
I mean, relatively speaking. It was created in the 7th century, more than half a millennium after the death and resurrection of Christ. However, it became such a definitive part of a large part of the world from that point on, easily displacing Christianity and other religions in the Middle East before rapidly spreading further. I mean, this random 40 year old merchant starts claiming he’s the final prophet of God and by the time of his death 20 years later, he’s amassed an army of followers and converted most of the Arabian Peninsula into his personal empire.

I’m not a Muslim and I alway assumed it was a few hundred years older than that just because of how secure it was in the Middle East by the early Middle Ages. It’s amazing that it spread so far and in such a short period of time.

Last edited:
JamQueen
Reactions
22,425 110 79
Alleybux
Yet they claim that it was not spread by sword and blood. But, by people just wanting to be like others. When I used to listen to Muslim speakers, they’d claim that places like Malaysia became Muslim just through trading goods. It really is not an old religion, but the newest Abrahamic religion. Judaism is far older.

Antagonist
Reactions
86,371 5,741 6,461
Alleybux
Did you not learn that in primary school where you live?
No???? I’m American. My world history courses did cover various faiths and I’m fairly sure we discussed Muhammad’s origins but I don’t I would have realized how comparatively recent the 7th century is compared to other major religions.

Fishnets, Black panty hose.
Reactions
229,576 3,369 1,053
Alleybux
Like most religions, it incorporates much of its mythology from what people previously practiced, making it easily accepted among large groups of people. That goes for Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Buddhism.

Reactions
9,179 300 667
Alleybux
No???? I’m American. My world history courses did cover various faiths and I’m fairly sure we discussed Muhammad’s origins but I don’t I would have realized how comparatively recent the 7th century is compared to other major religions.
Okay. In the UK it is taught in primary school. For as long as I have known what Islam is, I have known that Islam is the youngest of the Abraham religions, and the youngest of the major world religions.

The Culture

Ask LSA

General Alley

Recent Posts

Have y’all ever heard of the Almond Cow?
I wonder how it works with other nuts besides almonds Yes nuts, seed, grains etc I want to invest in one
Dubya was seen as an illegitimate president until Sept. 11, 2001. What's the big deal?
On September 10, 2001, George W. Bush was a middling dunce who happened to "win" an presidential election in the middle of the greatest American...
DMX & THE POUND : TEA on beloved rapper many side chicks, 9 bms & 17 kids.
Yadi is showing more of her creativity lol She was so detailed to even add the Ruff Ryders chain and looks like ankle monitor Damn was his dick...
What will it take for Afro Pop to break into the American market?
That font is a fan, piggybacking off Jamaica because nobody gives a damn about druggy Cuba. No one cares about your country at all...
Gorgeous Black model and her hunk hubby
black men would be all over her you know why? because she doesn't care about them and that's attractive to them you guys sit on here and...
Anyone get an eyebrow hair transplant?
Did you like it and are results permanent? Any surgeons you recommend?
Do You Have Multiple Hair Types In Your Hair ?
My hair at the front is 4a/ 4b, middle 4b ,back 4c. Interestingly the back 4c area of my hair actually grows fastest.
Top Bottom