I was surprised to find Islam wasn’t that old

Antagonist
Reactions
86,361 5,741 6,457
Alleybux
I mean, relatively speaking. It was created in the 7th century, more than half a millennium after the death and resurrection of Christ. However, it became such a definitive part of a large part of the world from that point on, easily displacing Christianity and other religions in the Middle East before rapidly spreading further. I mean, this random 40 year old merchant starts claiming he’s the final prophet of God and by the time of his death 20 years later, he’s amassed an army of followers and converted most of the Arabian Peninsula into his personal empire.

I’m not a Muslim and I alway assumed it was a few hundred years older than that just because of how secure it was in the Middle East by the early Middle Ages. It’s amazing that it spread so far and in such a short period of time.

Last edited:
JamQueen
Reactions
22,375 101 78
Alleybux
Yet they claim that it was not spread by sword and blood. But, by people just wanting to be like others. When I used to listen to Muslim speakers, they’d claim that places like Malaysia became Muslim just through trading goods. It really is not an old religion, but the newest Abrahamic religion. Judaism is far older.

Antagonist
Reactions
86,361 5,741 6,457
Alleybux
Did you not learn that in primary school where you live?
No???? I’m American. My world history courses did cover various faiths and I’m fairly sure we discussed Muhammad’s origins but I don’t I would have realized how comparatively recent the 7th century is compared to other major religions.

Fishnets, Black panty hose.
Reactions
229,172 3,355 1,053
Alleybux
Like most religions, it incorporates much of its mythology from what people previously practiced, making it easily accepted among large groups of people. That goes for Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Buddhism.

Reactions
8,804 290 652
Alleybux
No???? I’m American. My world history courses did cover various faiths and I’m fairly sure we discussed Muhammad’s origins but I don’t I would have realized how comparatively recent the 7th century is compared to other major religions.
Okay. In the UK it is taught in primary school. For as long as I have known what Islam is, I have known that Islam is the youngest of the Abraham religions, and the youngest of the major world religions.

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

What qualities of a man make him a “high value” man? What makes him "dusty"? Is it relative?
For me. High value means you hold high values... Integrity Assertive Self improvement Self care Emotionally intelligent Willingness to learn...
Neffi Walker
I love how she framed is as the other parent’s “obsession” over her. She is delusional. :ROFLMAO: What does she expect when she has a public...
Different Phenotypes In Africa Diaspora
Let us be frank, some fonts hate it because it doesnt agree with the "black is diverse" type of speech when claiming the beauty of admixed...
Caitlyn Jenner said that her friends are fleeing California because of growing homeless population !
yall are annoyed by panhandlers instead of being annoyed by the wealth inequality in this society... sad.
Smoke To Help With Creative Block
You just got to find something that relaxes you and allows your creativity to flow. However, if you don’t have a creative mind, doing drugs is not...
MsNaz2u - Seasoning 40 - She Said I Do! Mr. and Mrs. Chickenman tie the knot on his day off.
[sea moan] That's exactly what the teachers are going to call her if she ever gets off the titty and goes to school
How do you deal with angry racist people?
I’m sure we’ve all had run ins with insane angry racist people. The people with road rage who yell all sorts of insults, the people who have even...
YOUTUBER Keesha Anderson - Thread 3
lol I’m convinced people don’t want their products. I don’t buy from any online businesses that don’t have an active social media and a bunch of...
Top Bottom