Quantcast

If you kill yourself you go to hell?

Tinylove360

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
587 7 5
Alleybux
Doesn't matter how old you are, or what kind of life you had. If you kill yourself your going to burn in the pits of hell forever.

So if a ten year old kills themselves, they go to hell.

I mean.... Doesn't this seem bad to anyone? I mean..... Does anyone have a problem with this?

Contemporary

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
234,615 4,240 1,018
Alleybux
I don't believe there's a hell to go to.

I think if you kill yourself nothing happens, other than you're dead. You just don't exist, the way you didn't exist before you were born.

But I was RAISED to think that, yes, if you commit suicide, you go to hell. And it's because of sh!t like that that I gave up on organized religion. A lot of people who kill themselves are SUFFERING, but I'm supposed to believe they go someplace else to suffer more?

Nah. Ain't buying what they was selling.

Summerfirefly

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
20,584 1,295 876
Alleybux
um I tried to kill myself before. I wish I never did that, it was stupid and humiliating.

But I lived through it and I'm great now.

I was immature. Life is bigger than what all these people know....

Get out of your house LIVE for everything, dogs. cats animals or for other humans.

If you don't feel like you you need to find a reason to get past this stage of life no matter what you do.

You always matter cuz you can help anyone, you always matter.

you are life. Do anything to help who you think need it.

dreamwriter

✧⋆. Gracious Queen .⋆✧
Reaction score
Reactions
13,372 97 102
Alleybux
I don't think the Bible says this so it'll probably be judged on a case by case basis? Maybe?

GeminiAdult

Being prim and proper
Reaction score
Reactions
380,499 17,398 15,541
Alleybux
To be honest, I really feel like what if that person had a mental illness? I feel like its case by case bases...

SoyTres

Medium Risk Offender - Monthly Monitoring Required
Reaction score
Reactions
205,979 8,427 2,787
Alleybux
I don't believe in a God who will send a good person to hell for 1 act they did, but spare a life long child molester who asked for forgiveness before he died.

NoxAura

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
107,839 3,296 703
Alleybux
This is MY PERSONAL OPINION!

I like to believe that God judges suicide on an individual basis. In other words, he'll give mercy to the suicide victim that was suffering from mental illness or abuse, but not the individual who was trying to avoid punishment of a crime (ex: a molester killing themselves while in jail) or being a horrible person in general.

icantdothistoday

Depressed. Stressed. A mess.
Reaction score
Reactions
45,972 1,121 626
Alleybux
I don't think the Bible says this so it'll probably be judged on a case by case basis? Maybe?
To be honest, I really feel like what if that person had a mental illness? I feel like its case by case bases...
case by case basis? god got a whole jury or something?

this is how you know religion is bµllsh!t besides the fact that god(s) haven't helped black people for all these damn centuries.

SulkyMinx

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
87,298 3,571 2,792
Alleybux

Supposedly it does say its a sin to take a life you never gave/created. I knew a kid in my h.s. who killed himself, and his younger brother told the priest he was scared his brother was in hell now. The priest told him that his brother was not in hell and that God forgives us. The whole situation really hurt my heart.

Mertz

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,764 2,171 2,199
Alleybux
um I tried to kill myself before. I wish I never did that, it was stupid and humiliating.

But I lived through it and I'm great now.

I was immature. Life is bigger than what all these people know....

Get out of your house LIVE for everything, dogs. cats animals or for other humans.

If you don't feel like you you need to find a reason to get past this stage of life no matter what you do.

You always matter cuz you can help anyone, you always matter.

you are life. Do anything to help who you think need it.

Beautiful post. That helped me. And I'm glad you're doing well!

Jay Johnson

The Obnoxious Gentleman
Reaction score
Reactions
336,057 66,358 616
Alleybux
I always wondered about this. Our lives are all we have. The idea of ending that life we were granted would seem like the biggest sin. I can understand why most would assume that's an automatic trip to hell.

However, I've seen quite a few suicide victims who were basically living a life of pain. They couldn't smile, eat, or have functioning relationships with most people in general. Simply doing basic things like interacting with others or going outside took a lot of effort.

Knowing how tough life was for them, I find it hard to believe they'd just be sent straight to hell. Now if you're on some "I'm gonna take others out before I off myself" fck shyt, that's completely different.

When I take the time to think about the many children, teens, and adults who've ended their lives because of bullying and abuse they've dealt with, the idea of them all being in hell does not sit right with me. I don't believe they are, and that's an opinion I'll never change.

DaQueen1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,431 820 504
Alleybux
Are you okay OP?

But honestly i think it a form of life preservation why ppl say that.

Christianity and religion in general is used to control the behavior of the masses.

The concept of hell has been deeply brainwashed into many and its a fearful place.

I don't believe anyone, other than suicide bombers, would be going to hell for suicide. Many ppl do it because they are suffering and their worlds arent getting any better. Or so they think. I have a hard time believe some good and noble God who is all knowing and all powerful is gonna punish someone further for wanting to end their pain and go to something better. that would make God a psychopath of sorts.

but then if ppl believed once you killed yourself you automatically went to heaven many ppl would check out whenever any slight difficulty popped up in their lives, cause logically why wouldn't you want to go from your struggles and live in paradise.

That said, as bad as things can get for most, there is usually a way out of any situation no matter how hopeless. Its just that when you are in a negative state it can cloud your judgment and have you not seeing a huge potential standing right behind you if you'd just turn around.

GeminiAdult

Being prim and proper
Reaction score
Reactions
380,499 17,398 15,541
Alleybux
I always wondered about this. Our lives are all we have. The idea of ending that life we were granted would seem like the biggest sin. I can understand why most would assume that's an automatic trip to hell.

However, I've seen quite a few suicide victims who were basically living a life of pain. They couldn't smile, eat, or have functioning relationships with most people in general. Simply doing basic things like interacting with others or going outside took a lot of effort.

Knowing how tough life was for them, I find it hard to believe they'd just be sent straight to hell. Now if you're on some "I'm gonna take others out before I off myself" fck shyt, that's completely different.

When I take the time to think about the many children, teens, and adults who've ended their lives because of bullying and abuse they've dealt with, the idea of them all being in hell does not sit right with me. I don't believe they are, and that's an opinion I'll never change.
this was beautifully put, I love it!

Oat Milk

sweet like vanilla!
Reaction score
Reactions
30,089 1,329 399
Alleybux
There's no such thing as sin, God, heaven, and hell. I believe in an after life, but I don't think there's a specific name for it, I just think our souls go somewhere and stay with us. I have to think that way, I can't accept that my grandpa is completely gone and not always watching out for me in some way or another.

Just my opinion

Khadisiacs

I am mentally ill
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
4,215 1 5
Alleybux
I don’t think you go to hell but I think it would give you bad karma

Jazsa

PrincessM
Reaction score
Reactions
1,844 16 62
Alleybux
This narrative was created by old white men to control everyone, Hell and the grave used to scare me so much when I was young, why would you even teach kids things like that? ugh

Last edited:

HongKongho

ZhangZiyisho
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
155,688 6,271 6,563
Alleybux
Doesn't matter how old you are, or what kind of life you had. If you kill yourself your going to burn in the pits of hell forever.

I mean.... Doesn't this seem bad to anyone? I mean..... Does anyone have a problem with this?

Does hell even exist?

i see the dead as simply going into the void there is no heaven or hell just loss of consciousness

like before we’re born we have no sense of self

but no I don’t believe people who commit suicide go to hell

whatever a persons reasoning for wanting to die at their own hand it’s their business

fckthewrld4

Munch
Reaction score
Reactions
19,316 652 305
Alleybux
God knows everything that happens before it happens right?... so why would he give someone such a horrible life knowing at one point their going to take it, and basically trash that person by sending them to “hell”... this is why I despise Christians their false narratives of god actually make him look like a total asshole..

DaQueen1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,431 820 504
Alleybux
God knows everything that happens before it happens right?... so why would he give someone such a horrible life knowing at one point their going to take it, and basically trash that person by sending them to “hell”... this is why I despise Christians their false narratives of god actually make him look like a total asshole..
Im honestly wondering if the concept of god is an actual being that is all powerful or perhaps there are limitations. Cause considering how horrible someppl get treated including children, i don't get why someone good and powerful would stand by and do nothing.

It makes god not seem the good and benevolent. but either neutral or just looking at ppl for entertainment.

Or limited in powers. Scientifically energy cant be created or destroyed just change from one thing to another. I think god being the first being in existence may have used bits and pieces of himself to create the universe and while he has some control, his powers get diminished the more that get created.

Or that whole theory that when you write a story you automatically create a universe with ppl. Like GRRM creating Game of thrones actually created a universe somewhere in existence and he would be the "god" of that universe. So, while he's all powerful and can do anything as a writer he's still limited as an individual and someone needing to follow a particular storyline. God makes bad things happen because its a part of the storyline.

Or the whole trapped in The Matrix concept.

Jazsa

PrincessM
Reaction score
Reactions
1,844 16 62
Alleybux
Right, and when I ask my mother this question, she knows my question makes sense but she says you can't disobey or question god's rules.... like whatttt???? lmao

dreamwriter

✧⋆. Gracious Queen .⋆✧
Reaction score
Reactions
13,372 97 102
Alleybux
Supposedly it does say its a sin to take a life you never gave/created. I knew a kid in my h.s. who killed himself, and his younger brother told the priest he was scared his brother was in hell now. The priest told him that his brother was not in hell and that God forgives us. The whole situation really hurt my heart.
Well I never saw that written anywhere, it simply says not to kill.

SulkyMinx

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
87,298 3,571 2,792
Alleybux
I'm not well read in scriptures but found this:

"This article refutes Professor Margaret Battin's idea that the Bible tolerates and even encourages suicide. Dr. Barry argues that the Bible only allows killing in self-defense or as punishment for serious wrongdoing. To support his view Barry first describes several incidents in the Scriptures where suicide is requested from God and is refused. He next reviews incidents where self-inflicted death is tolerated as an act of devotion to God. He continues by discussing suicides which were condemned by God in both the Old and New Testaments. Dr. Barry concludes that suicide is not tolerated or accepted in the Bible except as the sacrifice of one's life as a means of serving God."

The Biblical Teachings on Suicide - PubMed

• “This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live” (Deuteronomy 30:19).
  • “The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised” (Job 1:21).
  • “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body” (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).
  • “No one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church” (Ephesians 5:29).
There are times when believers may have to give their lives in the service of Christ and his kingdom (cf. Mark 8:34-36; John 13:37; Philippians 1:21-22). But voluntary martyrdom is not usually considered “suicide.”

What does the Bible say about suicide? - Denison Forum

Esty3

Grateful To Be Counted Worthy
Reaction score
Reactions
408 5
Alleybux
The ONLY REASON anyone goes to Hell is because they have REJECTED God's Plan of Salvation for us thru His Son, Jesus Christ.

And the ONLY REASON someone commits suicide is because they don't have PEACE withvGod and they have no HOPE in God thru His Son.

Jesus Christ is the PRINCE OF PEACE. When we SURRENDER our Sinful heart to HIM, He gives us God's Peace which SUPERSEDES any other kind of peace that's predicated on our circumstances (what we can see, feel and hear.)

This is why Jesus said, "You must be BORN AGAIN or you can't see God's Kingdom (even though its all around you but you can't have access) UNLESS you accept Him as your Savior & LORD ... then, God makes you a New Creation in His Son's Righteousness ...in Christ Jesus' Kingdom". Once you're Born Again, you will KNOW His Voice. When you read His WORD, He can GUIDE you by His Holy Spirit. Otherwise, you'll find yourself listening to, believing & following the LIES of the devil and he'll have you thinking that God doesn't love you and nor does He even care about what you're going thru. But God does love you and He has an Amazing plan for your life. In fact, there are lots of people who care about you, but you will NEVER know this if you let the devil 'punk you' out of what Jesus DIED to give you. The devil doesn't play fair... he's a LIAR & he hates all humanity and he hates God. But he can't touch God, so he goes after what God's Loves Most: YOU. Don't let the devil 'give you a beat down' in your circumstances with fear, guilt, depression, worry, doubt, trauma, etc. to make you give up and quit because he wants you out of the way / gone before you find out HOW IMPORTANT YOU ARE TO GOD AMAZING PLANS for your life.

GoldSunRaye

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
32,678 631 237
Alleybux
I think it’s a risk, not worth taking. Because it’s murder and if you intentionally do it, your last act is likely an unrepentant sin. However God is the judge and a just one at that, so only He knows how he’ll handle those who do it due to mental illness or overwhelming lives.

This is all my opinion though, I could be wrong. Best case scenario, you die before your time and have judgement for it, but don’t go to hell. Worst case scenario, you go to hell and whatever made you end your life - is no where near, as bad as hell is.

For me, I believe the Holy Spirit talked me out of those thoughts, whenever they arrived. At low points in my life. I know I can never do it and believe no one ever should. There is hope in Christ. Our God is not dead and our lives a like a vapor, so whatever you are facing, will end. One day he’ll wipe away all our tears, living for Him in faith will all be
worth it.

Proverbs 23 verse 18: ‘For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.’

Psalms 27 verse 14: ‘Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord’.

Matthew 11 verse 28-30: 'Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light'.

Ecclesiastes 3:
1. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3. A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5. A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6. A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7. A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8. A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Anyone feeling suicidal lean on God and seek help xx.

princessamor

i'm the baddesttt
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
4,283 1
Alleybux
After having multiple suicide attempts, even denouncing my faith for a long time, before I thought of killing myself, I always had the tiny thought if I went through with it, I thought was going to I would go to Hell or somewhere far from Heaven. Today, I realized that God knows your whole life and how it would turn out, he would know the person’s feelings and would know the person’s life would end in suicide. I think God has compassion on suicide victims.

I know this is a morbid example but I would highly doubt God is making those 9/11 jumpers suffer an eternal life in Hell because they committed suicide to escape a terrorist attack

YaGiRaKn

‘Repent! For the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand.’
Reaction score
Reactions
5,893 295 80
Alleybux
That priest is lost.
God forgives (repentance) while we’re alive. You can’t repent once you leave this Earth.
The catholic religion is lost. Confessing sins to another human is not biblical. Only God/Yah can forgive sin.

And that “kid”, assuming teen? was at an accountable age. In other words, he was as old enough to know better. Once you’re aware of sin you’re responsible/ accountable.

ATLANTIC626

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,731 479 423
Alleybux

I don’t know because I am not God but I do know that He is not as unmerciful as we are to each other. He comforts the lowest. God bless.