Quantcast

I'm 23 AND NEVER HAD A BOYFRIEND- Beauty Vlogger Shalom Blac

illEVGLE

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,382 380 148
Alleybux
I really hope this guy is not using Shalom. Been watching her videos since I was a teen. I pray that she has a safe pregnancy and eventually they get married.
she already had her son
C6E01555-35AC-4CA1-83FA-F7F810BEB040.jpeg

51461713-9F4A-4A70-B236-195107F42239.jpeg

godisgood

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,765 4,463 2,289
Alleybux
maybe some will agree or not, but i could just tell that she wasn’t gonna be with someone.. black/nigerian. her preference seems to be white or light skinned. based on that video she did revealing her scars to some guy who was her crush, i figured that was her type.

she then ends up pregnant by some guy she hasn’t known that long? she also mentioned that she was “trying” beforehand and only got pregnant by her now boyfriend, seems a bit sus to me but like someone mentioned before, shalom seems like she just wants to be loved
Yeah, I don't follow her like that, but I know most Nigerian women would ideally won't to marry someone from their tribe, or if not then the mindset that it is okay along as it is still black (at least in my family). But admittedly, Nigerian men are not always caring and soft like how some of this yt men can be, and I wonder if she had bad experiences with Nigerian/black men, but I do notice that black women who do have scaring or things like that tend to get with lighter skinned or yt guys

Sincerelysandy

Holy Girl/PHIL 4:13/Pro Israel <3
Reaction score
Reactions
34,525 7,059 10,422
Alleybux
All I know her man ain’t never gonna marry her lmaoo she gonna be Shameless Maya in a year or 2 .

Her son really came out looking like his daddy lolll these biracial kids not looking biracial anymore they taking the strong genes.
Baby has boyfriend's colouring but her headshape, I wonder how he would look like when he is a few years old
Fixed it for you babe .

miss5752020

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,312 1,109 356
Alleybux
He definitely is using her. Not only that she is the provider in the relationship. This isn’t going to end will.

All I know her man ain’t never gonna marry her lmaoo she gonna be Shameless Maya in a year or 2 .

Her son really came out looking like his daddy lolll these biracial kids not looking biracial anymore they taking the strong genes.

Fixed it for you babe .
All I can say is only time will tell, and this is the happiest Shalom has been since her mom passed. I really hope this guy is the one for her, even though I was skeptical at first myself it's bad vibes to be negative about someone else's relationship. You have to also remember that Shalom is a burns victim, and it took her a lot of come out of her shell and be comfortable in terms of dating a lot of men are shallow and won't see past that so maybe she feels that her options are limited so rushed into this. Taking this into consideration you have to understand and kind of give her a pass for this. I wish she could have took it slower and didn't have the baby so quickly, and took the boyfriend as practice tbh.

IMO most biracial people who have white fathers tend to come out looking fairer compared to ones who have black fathers. You are what your father is after all.

Sincerelysandy

Holy Girl/PHIL 4:13/Pro Israel <3
Reaction score
Reactions
34,525 7,059 10,422
Alleybux
All I can say is only time will tell, and this is the happiest Shalom has been since her mom passed. I really hope this guy is the one for her, even though I was skeptical at first myself it's bad vibes to be negative about someone else's relationship. You have to also remember that Shalom is a burns victim, and it took her a lot of come out of her shell and be comfortable in terms of dating a lot of men are shallow and won't see past that so maybe she feels that her options are limited so rushed into this. Taking this into consideration you have to understand and kind of give her a pass for this. I wish she could have took it slower and didn't have the baby so quickly, and took the boyfriend as practice tbh.

IMO most biracial people who have white fathers tend to come out looking fairer compared to ones who have black fathers. You are what your father is after all.
That’s not really true lol Miles , Yara, and Zendaya etc all have black fathers but are in the fairer skin tone as well. Even Diddy’s current biracial daughter is on the fair side and looks Asian so does Jennie Mai’s daughter so I think currently biracial kids are taking their mother’s skin tone no matter how dark their father may be.

Also, you can be happy for Shalom but the truth is the truth lol her man is really not benefiting or itching to make her his wife lol he’s comfortable with her being the baby mama. Most men kinda know if they want you as a wife or a baby mama. I don’t see them getting married at all.

Once you have a man’s child before marriage, they don’t feel obligated to marry you lol. Only a small minority might do so but majority of them won’t .

miss5752020

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,312 1,109 356
Alleybux
That’s not really true lol Miles , Yara, and Zendaya etc all have black fathers but are in the fairer skin tone as well. Even Diddy’s current biracial daughter is on the fair side and looks Asian so does Jennie Mai’s daughter so I think currently biracial kids are taking their mother’s skin tone no matter how dark their father may be.

Also, you can be happy for Shalom but the truth is the truth lol her man is really not benefiting or itching to make her his wife lol he’s comfortable with her being the baby mama. Most men kinda know if they want you as a wife or a baby mama. I don’t see them getting married at all.

Once you have a man’s child before marriage, they don’t feel obligated to marry you lol. Only a small minority might do so but majority of them won’t .
I never said all do, I said most tend to look more white passing if their father is white. And I'm talking about IRL people I have met not celebrities.

Let's see what happens in a Q&A they did they spoke about marriage. Even if she's a baby mama let her be happy, if that's what she wants. At least she can provide for the child is worst comes to worst.

The1989

CLUB RENAISSANCE SALOON
Reaction score
Reactions
15,394 619 130
Alleybux

Yara Shahidi's dad is not black. He's from the middle east.

miss5752020

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,312 1,109 356
Alleybux
Yara Shahidi's dad is not black. He's from the middle east.
Sis I wasn't talking about middle eastern fathers in the first place. My original post said biracials with white fathers tend to be fairer/white passing than biracials with black fathers.

AfroFire

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,096 1,005 381
Alleybux
He really did lock her down quick. I mean she has a nice house with lovely garden, steady big income (i assume).and if he's a struggling musician,/dj that's a home for free.
I always fail to understand how a woman can get pregnant less than a year after meeting someone..do you even really know the person? (especially that he was away a lot). But the gal did ask him for a baby for Christmas and that must've been 5 months after meeting! I would love to know what his family and friends really trully think about the situation.
I heard someone say about women protecting our wombs and it made sense to me...if you're gonna have a baby, make sure the foundations are well laid/secure, ideally in a marriage coz a bf is just a bf. (Ofcourse different story for women to choose to have a baby alone).
Anyway..my 2 cents...sorry if I'm rumbling on.
I am shocked that Shalom a Nigerian girl would allow herself to get pregnant before getting married. The African culture is strict about that

MelaninVirgo

✨I am a successful, rich and fabulous woman✨
Reaction score
Reactions
171,567 7,154 1,822
Alleybux
I am shocked that Shalom a Nigerian girl would allow herself to get pregnant before getting married. The African culture is strict about that
Shalom isn't a traditional Nigerian girl, she is actually more Americanized tbh.
Two things can be right at the same time. I have a cousin who was born in the states and is Americanized, but still had a traditional African wedding. At the end of the day it’s all about how the African parents raised their children in the states.

miss5752020

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,312 1,109 356
Alleybux
Two things can be right at the same time. I have a cousin who was born in the states and is Americanized, but still had a traditional African wedding. At the end of the day it’s all about how the African parents raised their children in the states.
Well tbh Shalom's mom passed before she even had a boyfriend and a baby, I'm sure the idea of marriage and having a traditional wedding would have been pushed upon her if she was still here. Her family do not live with her so she's more free spirited to do as she pleases.

Reaction score
Reactions
8,440 213 32
Alleybux
*Cough*Cough- Latest Video @13:30
No one saw that she said she had weightloss surgery? I think she is such a beautiful girl (at her heaviest & now) but she comes off very very naive. I know she suffers from insecurities due to scars and depression but having WLS when you are 20lbs overweight?

5'3 and ONLY 150lbs! She would not have been approved for it over here in the US. She was way too small. She went to MX. I really hope she gains some wisdom over the next few years, she has a baby to raise.

Cocolove

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
25,007 470 130
Alleybux
This whole situation doesn’t look good. Shalom needs to guard her heart and her wallet.

LadyLavender

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
116,955 3,963 6,668
Alleybux
No one saw that she said she had weightloss surgery? I think she is such a beautiful girl (at her heaviest & now) but she comes off very very naive. I know she suffers from insecurities due to scars and depression but having WLS when you are 20lbs overweight?

5'3 and ONLY 150lbs! She would not have been approved for it over here in the US. She was way too small. She went to MX. I really hope she gains some wisdom over the next few years, she has a baby to raise.
Having WLS at 150 lbs is insane. Why not just go get lipo? She has permanently altered her stomach for life.

StayinSane

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,499 316 274
Alleybux

Patricia Bright also had weight loss surgery and she was pretty slim. Actually I think she said she had it done twice.

LadyLavender

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
116,955 3,963 6,668
Alleybux
Patricia Bright also had weight loss surgery and she was pretty slim. Actually I think she said she had it done twice.
That’s crazy. Are you sure we are talking about the same thing here? WLS is a serious procedure that requires a lot of approvals and appointments before you can get the surgery. I know several people who have had it done and they had to speak to a therapist first along with other things like nutritionist etc. They’re cutting your stomach open and making it smaller.

If you had WLS done twice, that is super risky. Idk what doctor would even do that. Especially on a patient under 200 lbs. It means she went back to eating unhealthy after the surgery and stretched her stomach back out.

Reaction score
Reactions
11,956 930 47
Alleybux
That’s crazy. Are you sure we are talking about the same thing here? WLS is a serious procedure that requires a lot of approvals and appointments before you can get the surgery. I know several people who have had it done and they had to speak to a therapist first along with other things like nutritionist etc. They’re cutting your stomach open and making it smaller.

If you had WLS done twice, that is super risky. Idk what doctor would even do that. Especially on a patient under 200 lbs. It means she went back to eating unhealthy after the surgery and stretched her stomach back out.
Exactly I just had surgery last Sunday and the process was long

You have to speak to a nurse, nutritionist and psychiatrist multiple times before they sign off on your file

Attend seminars, read a thick ass book, demonstrate that you can successfully stick to a healthy lifestyle

Shalom wouldn’t have been approved which is why she drove to Mexico to get it done

You need to have a bmi over 40 to be considered. This is just sad

LadyLavender

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
116,955 3,963 6,668
Alleybux
Exactly I just had surgery last Sunday and the process was long

You have to speak to a nurse, nutritionist and psychiatrist multiple times before they sign off on your file

Attend seminars, read a thick ass book, demonstrate that you can successfully stick to a healthy lifestyle

Shalom wouldn’t have been approved which is why she drove to Mexico to get it done

You need to have a bmi over 40 to be considered. This is just sad
That’s what I’m saying. It’s giving eating disorder. Why on earth does someone her size need WLS? A couple months of working out would do her just fine. This new wave of smaller girls going to different countries to get WLS is scary. I’m only referring to them as smaller because the surgery is traditionally only for obese people.

EducatedWiseOne

I really just be chillin though...
Reaction score
Reactions
88,499 3,159 2,724
Alleybux
I remember Rob Kardashian saying that he paid for Blac kChyna's weigh loss surgery and in my opinion she wasn't even that big to be having weight loss surgery.

These girls are way too vain.

PengHun123

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
153,709 15,081 2,096
Alleybux
And now she has a loving boyfriend and a baby.

One thing about God He will turn your situation around just be patient.

Companionship is natural. It's natural to want someone to share your life with someone I don't know why people want to normalise not having a relationship or friends so bad. However don't be desperate because you will come across the wrong people. Remember there are billions of people on earth you just need a few solid ones.

pentacles

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,383 1,957 302
Alleybux
When did she have the surgery? Looking at her social media pics, she could hit the gym and be fit and toned in 30 days or less.

miss5752020

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,312 1,109 356
Alleybux
When did she have the surgery? Looking at her social media pics, she could hit the gym and be fit and toned in 30 days or less.
Shalom explained in her vlog that she was experiencing really heavy periods that lasted 40 days and was so bad that she had to go the hospital for a blood transfusion. From then she watched a YouTuber who had a similar experience and thought she may also had PCOS so she went to a doctor for a diagnosis and they confirmed she had it, she was prescribed medication which also wasn't working to help regulate her symptoms.

She had been gaining a lot of weight, and she tried things like dieting and gym and wasn't seeing any difference. What really struck her nerve was when she was at an event with her sister and her picture was taken and she saw her face was swollen with a bloated body. People would also comment about her gaining weight and stuff in her comments. She watched another YouTuber who had gastric bypass and went to her doctor to see if she would be an eligible candidate for it. At the time she said she was around 150lbs+ and because she is short anyways it is really noticeable in her. Even her doctor confirmed with her that they would normally consider someone who weighs more but she was on her way to obesity or something if she kept gaining weight. She drove to her sister for 4 hours to Mexico for the surgery, whilst doing it they also discovered she had a hernia which was removed. The recovery went well and she lost weight really rapidly which led to people commenting and speculating about it and if she was on Ozempic. She felt really down again because people were still making her insecure about her body.

As infertility is also a symptom of PCOS when she was diagnosed a doctor also recommended that she should freeze her eggs by time she's 30 as some of them were not good quality. After the weight loss surgery her periods were more regular lasting 5-7 days rather than 2 weeks+ so she was genuinely shocked when she got pregnant 2 months after based on what her doctor was telling her.

Haitian1

ghetto girl with a degree
Reaction score
Reactions
87,655 13,392 5,095
Alleybux
What's going on here Educatedwiseone this quote is from the riding on little d thread lol

Last edited:

Boba Soba

*sips*
Reaction score
Reactions
4,514 125 55
Alleybux
That’s what I’m saying. It’s giving eating disorder. Why on earth does someone her size need WLS? A couple months of working out would do her just fine. This new wave of smaller girls going to different countries to get WLS is scary. I’m only referring to them as smaller because the surgery is traditionally only for obese people.
I got eating disorder vibes from her long ago. I remember watching her Snapchat stories and she would talk about “occasional bingeing”. When she would do clothing hauls she would announce she got all her clothes in a size small. She didn’t announce her sizes when she was bigger though. Speaking as someone with an eating disorder, I’m very perceptive to these subtleties.

Longtimelurk

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
5,237 144 14
Alleybux
Just watched Shalom's vlog. It was nice. She had a small group of girlfriends over for a Valentine's get together. It was cute. Nyma was there! It was cool spotting her. She looked great. Very slim and trim. She looks so tall but I remember seeing somewhere she's maybe like 5,2 or 5,3. And so was one of those twins. Ashley Alissa? Not the one who had a blonde short cut years ago.

The baby's paternal grandparents flew over from England. Shalom loved having them around to meet her son. It made her sad to know that he won't meet her mom or have grandparents on her side to get to know. This was the first time I ever heard Shalom mention her own father. He's in Nigeria and she does not have a good relationship with him. The baby may never meet him. So she's glad he will at least have active grandparents on his dad's side. They're planning to visit England in early fall with the baby.

Because the UK has tons of Nigerians, I was actually surprised that her man's parents hadn't heard of Nigerian cuisine before. I don't know, they seemed very apprehensive about it. It could be that British demeanor or they don't really interact with others outside their circle. That egusi is Shalom's man's favourite meal. Well now they have some exposure because their grandbaby is half Nigerian.

Her older sister moved out. It's just her, her man, her son, and younger sister now.

miss5752020

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,312 1,109 356
Alleybux
Just watched Shalom's vlog. It was nice. She had a small group of girlfriends over for a Valentine's get together. It was cute. Nyma was there! It was cool spotting her. She looked great. Very slim and trim. She looks so tall but I remember seeing somewhere she's maybe like 5,2 or 5,3. And so was one of those twins. Ashley Alissa? Not the one who had a blonde short cut years ago.

The baby's paternal grandparents flew over from England. Shalom loved having them around to meet her son. It made her sad to know that he won't meet her mom or have grandparents on her side to get to know. This was the first time I ever heard Shalom mention her own father. He's in Nigeria and she does not have a good relationship with him. The baby may never meet him. So she's glad he will at least have active grandparents on his dad's side. They're planning to visit England in early fall with the baby.

Because the UK has tons of Nigerians, I was actually surprised that her man's parents hadn't heard of Nigerian cuisine before. I don't know, they seemed very apprehensive about it. It could be that British demeanor or they don't really interact with others outside their circle. That egusi is Shalom's man's favourite meal. Well now they have some exposure because their grandbaby is half Nigerian.

Her older sister moved out. It's just her, her man, her son, and younger sister now.
I think her boyfrinds parents live where there are very few black people so thats probably why they were acting unsure about the food.