Miss Bambi

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
34,973 29 32
Alleybux
and I don't care...

I get uncomfortable when women give me compliments. I've had bad experiences with this...one minute they smiling in your face then you hear them talking bad about you behind your back.

I'm not getting on a high horse, I just don't care my mind is another level I've gone through so much and still going through it.

It makes me uncomfortable because I was treated like a dog throughout high school and college. I rather people not comment on my appearance at all, good or bad. Leave Me Alone.

I find myself being uncomfortable when females coworkers make comments about me. I have to grit my teeth and say thank you. I really don't return the favor. My mind is not in that zone. I don't see people externally

Sometimes I want to wear a hijab I don't want to be seen. I'm just so sick of moving through this world and being in this skin.

All God's children are beautiful and should be loved and give love.

britbrat

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
22,768 4 1
Alleybux
i got confused reading your post..

one minute you said you dont like compliments and explained why(which i understand sort of).then you said you hate to be complimented cause you feel you have to say something nice back....but at the end you said all GODs children are beautiful and should be loved and should give love??

in other words..WHAT????

Miss Bambi

OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
34,973 29 32
Alleybux
It is confusing. It is confusing to me. There is something very wrong with the world. Too much materialism and superficial ideals its sicking. There are some parts of the Islamic culture that are drawing me in not the religion per se

britbrat

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
22,768 4 1
Alleybux
It is confusing. It is confusing to me. There is something very wrong with the world

195tgl.jpg

Miss Bambi

OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
34,973 29 32
Alleybux
its hard to explain im sorry i shouldnt have said anything

MiaBellaJackson

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
It is confusing. It is confusing to me. There is something very wrong with the world. Too much materialism and superficial ideals its sicking. There are some parts of the Islamic culture that are drawing me in not the religion per se

I hear what you're saying and respect your right to say it. Have you talked to someone perhaps? I'm saying that with all due respect. You seem to have some emotional scars from things in your past. Maybe it would help to get it off your chest by talking to someone in person to get to the root of the real issue you have.

I do definitely agree with your sentiments about the world being very materialistic and shallow. That seems to be common place today. It's a very real and unfortunate reality. I guess all we can do is make the best of what it is and keep it moving. It's not healthy to hang on to the past no matter how bad or how good it was. Learn the lesson and apply the principles and move forward. There's nothing wrong with a person paying you a compliment on your looks as long as it's coming from a very real place. Not everyone is superficial, and we pass up an opportunity to befriend or meet someone great by judging them prematurely based on the actions of others towards you in the past.

Either way, good luck. I hope you find your peace.

Nom Sayin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
8,499 13 5
Alleybux
Girl. Chillax and come again??

What is "it" that's making you feel this way and how come you having problems with others the way they see you. Are you comfortable in the skin you're living in or is what's bothering external?

Reaction score
Reactions
985 2
Alleybux
*looks at name invisible as well*
Girl bye you better pick your pride up, take a compliment and call it a day! So in your case you are basing the past off of now? Come on! People are going to talk regardless if you look good or not! Why are you falling to negativity? It seems to have taken over you. What do you care? As long as you look good to yourself then that's all that matters at the end of the day and your s/o/spouse! Take the compliment or leave it! I know some people can have bad intentions when it comes to compliments but it really shows how ignorant, jealous and childish they are like misery loving company...maybe they envy you!

Reaction score
Reactions
985 2
Alleybux
its hard to explain im sorry i shouldnt have said anything

Please apologize for what? I know this is a message board and some people go to mb's b/c they can't say what they want to in real life so it's ok! Some may give you good advice, fake or real just read between the lines real good.

I >><< on the not being fake! I HATE (I know I'm not suppose to use that word) a fake person!!!!!

DeezNips

Sook Dem
Reaction score
Reactions
4,641 10 11
Alleybux
I feel you. You dont need to talk to anyone, you're just thinking outloud. My issue is mostly with men tho. I hate attention..and sometimes you just wanna be left the fµck alone. I should appreciate compliments/attention from them cuz they wanna fµck.?..no thanks

ATLworldwide

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
28,979 7 4
Alleybux
If you don't like how others act, then rise above that. Treat others how you want to be treated. Give compliments without the expectation of receiving them. When you get older, you won't really care about how shallow people are, you will be able to recognize what's beneath all the stupid things many people say, and hopefully you will be able to laugh at it.

Often people are materialistic because they lack other things in live (joy, self esteem, etc) and some people just like "stuff" (nothing wrong with that).

I could give a sh!t about the latest LV bag, but I can't wait till I get the new iPhone, and I would like an iPad and a few other gadgets as well, so I don't know if that makes me materialistic, I think I just like "stuff" because it is fun (same thing, different package).

SweetCindyLou

So sweet, the sweetest actually.
Reaction score
Reactions
28,148 364 43
Alleybux
It makes me sad when I read posts like this; it reminds me that we're all going through our personal battles. Op, we're all going through something. I hope you find understanding and peace in your life. I mean that.

Frasier Crane

I stan for myself
Reaction score
Reactions
7,403 5 1
Alleybux
"I'm not jealous I'm just not fake"

Not everyone is fake. If I compliment someone, I really mean it. However, I have learned that some people are always expecting something negative to follow for one reason or another or they just do not know how to accept a compliment.

You really should not let what happened to you in the past write your future. It is holding you back.

Why do you feel like someone cannot or will not give you a genuine compliment?

I really hope you can get past this.

aquafinawetwet

Psycho B!tch
Reaction score
Reactions
1,331 10 4
Alleybux
i know exactly how you feel your tiered of being judged in school i had hell as well i got chased home almost every day because the girls didnt like me because i was light skinned omgod all the hours i spent in the sun just trying to get brown and then later hating it and trying to bleach my skin back but it didnt work but thats off topic sometimes every look or glance or compliment even when nice can cut like a knife but thats whats so amazing about being a human being is we go through so much but yet where able to move past it...............lol this to shall pass take one step at a time and breath.

hope this helped....i tried not to compliment you i know how you hate that now........lol j/k

MinnieNDaMiddle

Where She At?
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
7,628 29 33
Alleybux
and I don't care...

I get uncomfortable when women give me compliments. I've had bad experiences with this...one minute they smiling in your face then you hear them talking bad about you behind your back.

I'm not getting on a high horse, I just don't care my mind is another level I've gone through so much and still going through it.

It makes me uncomfortable because I was treated like a dog throughout high school and college. I rather people not comment on my appearance at all, good or bad. Leave Me Alone.

I find myself being uncomfortable when females coworkers make comments about me. I have to grit my teeth and say thank you. I really don't return the favor. My mind is not in that zone. I don't see people externally

Sometimes I want to wear a hijab I don't want to be seen. I'm just so sick of moving through this world and being in this skin.

All God's children are beautiful and should be loved and give love.

Honestly from reading this the issue is more psychological than spiritual. Wearing a hijab won't hide you. And your post comes off as this being something internal; the external (people complimenting you) only makes issues that are already present in your head more prevalent (treated like a dog in school). You mostly see people externally before you can know anything else about them (unless you're online or something).

Seriously, take the compliment and quit putting more weight on it than what's supposed to be.