Quantcast

I'm not the biggest fan of Meg but...

rinrin

Let the voice of love take you higher <3
Reaction score
Reactions
9,968 499 141
Alleybux
Idk if this is the right place to post so mods please remove it if you see fit. I wanna preface this by saying I'm not the biggest fan of Miss Thee Stallion. Her music just isn't for me and I've seen valid criticisms on her glorifying raunchy behavior which can be damaging to black women. But what's even more damaging to black women is the insinuation that she's not even a woman at all. I've seen a disturbing amount of people on this site perpetuate that awful rumour that she's actually a man and it's so baffling. Like, isn't this site's primary base black women? You guys will talk on and on about how racism and sexism heavily affects black women, but at the same time you're propagating a stereotype that is simultaneously racist and sexist?! Make it make sense please.

Again, you can have your criticisms of Meg because she's not immune from it. But calling her a man is just rude. It reminds me when all the doughy conservatives believed that Michelle Obama was secretly a man because she's tall and a little muscular (seriously, I say doughy because I've never seen an in shape person say the same this about her).

I just don't know why people have to be so mean

Last edited:

Ms Muse

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
44,325 1,531 718
Alleybux
No matter how much I might loathe a Black public figure, I am always extremely careful not to diss them to nonBlack people or on public forums/social media sites because it just makes people think they have a pass to be racist.

PaulAtreides

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,973 4,671 2,842
Alleybux
I believe it's partially her fault. She likes the trans aesthetic. These rappers and beauty influencers I've noticed keep doing their makeup exactly like a trans would.

I think she would get it less if she went back to her pre fame weight, changed her style and makeup.

I do think some of the BW who get called men look like men though. Not Michelle.

emptybubbles

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,684 461 239
Alleybux
Also not the biggest Thee Stallion fan (just as with Kashdoll, I like the personality more than the music) but I agree with everything said. Whenever we don't like black public figures, we hurl the same insults at them that racists and colorists would and it's kinda wild. I also think black women are particularly unforgiving of black female celebrities whenever they are deemed to have 'stepped out of line', even if the infractions are small. We extend forgiveness and grace to others in a way we don't to each other.

Nope2U24eva

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
199,351 10,289 4,572
Alleybux
I believe it's partially her fault. She likes the trans aesthetic. These rappers and beauty influencers I've noticed keep doing their makeup exactly like a trans would.

I think she would get it less if she went back to her pre fame weight, changed her style and makeup.

I do think some of the BW who get called men look like men though. Not Michelle.

but when you have trans women/men on your team and stylist, mua, and hairdressers.. what do you expect..

rinrin

Reaction score
Reactions
9,968 499 141
Alleybux
but when you have trans women/men on your team and stylist, mua, and hairdressers.. what do you expect..
I do wish she would go with a soft glam makeup look and wear clothes that are more flattering to her body but I still don't think that's an excuse to say that she's transgender

Reaction score
Reactions
4,810 122 112
Alleybux
Idk if this is the right place to post so mods please remove it if you see fit. I wanna preface this by saying I'm not the biggest fan of Miss Thee Stallion. Her music just isn't for me and I've seen valid criticisms on her glorifying raunchy behavior which can be damaging to black women. But what's even more damaging to black women is the insinuation that she's not even a woman at all. I've seen a disturbing amount of people on this site perpetuate that awful rumour that she's actually a man and it's so baffling. Like, isn't this site's primary base black women? You guys will talk on and on about how racism and sexism heavily affects black women, but at the same time you're propagating a stereotype that is simultaneously racist and sexist?! Make it make sense please.
not on topic but:
I see this statement quite a bit on this site.
And as a new font, it is easy and free to get on here, when you search certain personalities their threads are the first page on google.

It might have started that way but it should no longer be looked at as primarily black women.

Anyone can get on here and personify themselves as black and/or a woman

Amandabby22

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
424,159 10,583 6,680
Alleybux
I don’t like her either but she doesn’t look like a man in any shape or form. Her makeup is always team too much & I got tired of seeing her ass but I don’t think that’s the problem here.

A lot of BM and BW still equate height with masculinity and if you’re BS or DS ignorant people are more likely to call you a man.
They did the same thing with Ciara even tho she’s only 5’7. But to a lot of people that’s still tall for a woman.

I love Saweetie and Beyoncé but you’ve never seen anyone call them a man. Rihanna is also another semi tall female celeb who’s never been mistaken for a man. I wonder why.
tumblr_oqh5spBgO41r399heo1_400.gifv

PaulAtreides

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,973 4,671 2,842
Alleybux
I don’t like her either but she doesn’t look like a man in any shape or form. Her makeup is always team too much & I got tired of seeing her ass but I don’t think that’s the problem here.

A lot of BM and BW still equate height with masculinity and if you’re BS or DS ignorant people are more likely to call you a man.
They did the same thing with Ciara even tho she’s only 5’7. But to a lot of people that’s still tall for a woman.

I love Saweetie and Beyoncé but you’ve never seen anyone call them a man. Rihanna is also another semi tall female celeb who’s never been mistaken for a man. I wonder why.
tumblr_oqh5spBgO41r399heo1_400.gifv
I think what isn't factored in a lot is women with broad shoulders. That's what some of these women who get called men have in common.

TGSHeaux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,126 2,641 2,419
Alleybux
I’m not all for her drinking and twerking but I like the Tina snow album and a few of her other songs. When I listen it kinda boost my spirit and self esteem. She was all for not letting nobody play you and getting ya money up.

Human Spell

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
4,217 223 22
Alleybux
There are so many threads here about how she looks better without all the makeup. Meg looks great natural. Attacking bw as being men is common racist attack. Don’t forget Serena Williams has to put up with this sh!t as well.

rinrin

Reaction score
Reactions
9,968 499 141
Alleybux
There are so many threads here about how she looks better without all the makeup. Meg looks great natural. Attacking bw as being men is common racist attack. Don’t forget Serena Williams has to put up with this sh!t as well.
Like I said, it's always the out of shape people who perpetuate this nonsense. Again, all of the conservatives who said that Michelle Obama was actually man were just out of shape conservatives. I mean shoot, the hips, butt and thighs on some of them can give most women a run for their money so they should be the last ones talking on what the ideal male and female body should look like

Big Nino

Somewhere singing a kenny loggins song off key
Reaction score
Reactions
54,333 2,862 2,707
Alleybux
Calling jay-z a camel is also anti black but y’all don’t seem to think it’s an issue until a black woman is being compared to an animal or called a man lol. This is the same site that has a thread dedicated to unattractive celebrity kids...with most of the children being toddlers. The same fonts that will call you anti black, pick me, etc are the ones who be deep in those trash ass threads!!! They’ll make fun and pick at black women with lighter skin tones who aren’t even bad looking but be having emotional break downs because some people don’t find meg the stallion attractive lmao.

rinrin

Reaction score
Reactions
9,968 499 141
Alleybux
Calling jay-z a camel is also anti black but y’all don’t seem to think it’s an issue until a black woman is being compared to an animal or called a man lol. This is the same site that has a thread dedicated to unattractive celebrity kids...with most of the children being toddlers. The same fonts that will call you anti black, pick me, etc are the ones who be deep in those trash ass threads!!! They’ll make fun and pick at black women with lighter skin tones who aren’t even bad looking but be having emotional break downs because some people don’t find meg the stallion attractive lmao.
I don't really understand your argument. Where in my post did I imply that it was okay to call Jay-z a camel or call celebrity kids ugly? I believe that's wrong as well. I made this post because Meg is very popular on this site and I hear the transgender conspiracy very frequently. Also there is a difference between not finding someone attractive and insinuating there of another gender