Quantcast

Im tired of my business and social media

MissMIY

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,617 57 11
Alleybux
i own a virtual assistant/social media biz and i havent been doing well lately at all.
Ive shifted things and i think it's for the better..

What's really bothering me is social media .im so tired of hearing and seeing stuff about metrics, growing,getting more followers.. comparisons.. reach.. reels, going live...engagement ..ads...running ads. .what to do on IG to make x happen.

On top of that i watched the doc "social dilemma " & now i just want to avoid social media even more, but i cant

:(

Im not happy with this, i have basically lost most of my clients right when im developing a new strategy. Im tired of thinking about superficial stuff.. tired of worrying about money or someone elses.

Any words of comfort?

SashaSlays

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
160,892 2,669 2,857
Alleybux
Are you in the financial or professional position to shut things down? Block out all the social media #girlboss BS. Lots of people have tried several business ventures until the discovered what was right for them.

You could also outsource the marketing of your business but that will cost you. If your business is really profitable and you have 1-2k a month to spare, you can have someone else handle your digital marketing and just worry about the actual product or service you're pushing.

If you aren't even making money and you are no longer motivate/no longer believe in the cause, bail out now. No shame in that.

enchanted

Fall is Beautiful
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
345,871 13,202 10,054
Alleybux
You may not want to hear this, but you're going to have to ignore all that stuff and just do what you were doing before.

The thing is you can't change the AIs of these social media websites. You'll never be able to keep up and they don't tell people anything, so that you don't get a leg up.

All you can do is make sure your website is SEO compliant and utilize Pinterest as much as you can.

Mellow Caramelo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,958 551 224
Alleybux
I could see that. I honestly don't see how anyone does it. It's like living in a simulation all day. That would drive me nuts.

MissMIY

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,617 57 11
Alleybux
You may not want to hear this, but you're going to have to ignore all that stuff and just do what you were doing before.

The thing is you can't change the AIs of these social media websites. You'll never be able to keep up and they don't tell people anything, so that you don't get a leg up.

All you can do is make sure your website is SEO compliant and utilize Pinterest as much as you can.

This is exactly what i decided to do and i already feel better.

1. Stop scrolling as much and trying to keep up. Be myself and that means doing what i want..not what other ppl are doing to be successful..bc i notice the new thing is reels and i havent even conquered live or ig videos..i don't do them.. so now everyone is doing reels and im like..no its just not something i want to do! I dont have to! Tons of million dollar business dont even use IG to that degree. I dont have to either.

2. Let other people handle these tasks.. I dont even really have to be an expert because i have people that i can (&do) pay to do that.

3. Stop trying to keep up.

Thank you!!

WhereTheyDoThatAt

Kicking Flava in Your Ear
Reaction score
Reactions
19,676 258 32
Alleybux
Bump @MissMIY How's your business going? Are you still a VA?

I have my own VA business too. If you want to chat I'm here.:giggle: